HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Staal for #8, Brandon Sutter, Brian Dumoulin

Old
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
geehaad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Why would I continue to provide examples after that? So you could dismiss them as well?
You're right...you shouldn't attempt to defend your statements.

And for my part, I can learn from this too. Debating someone who has favorably compared LaRose's skating/stickhandling to anything other than a farm animal was really stupid of me.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

I'm happy to debate with someone who hasn't already made up their mind about a player and will dismiss any evidence that conflicts with their view of said player. You, unfortunately, do not fall into that category.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Debating someone who has favorably compared LaRose's skating/stickhandling to anything other than a farm animal was really stupid of me.
That's a little harsh on Chad, no?

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Brock Anton
wat

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

vCash: 813
Well that settles that question.

Tank King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
bb99

Wow, I thought I was dreaming about I had read an article somewhere about him going to being alternate. I was thinking I misread it and they were referring to his time in Pitt.

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:09 PM
geehaad

He's been named as an alternate for quite some time now...there was even a discussion about it in this forum.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:20 PM
wallym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
That's a little harsh on Chad, no?
Chad's terrible skating has netted this team quite the number of powerplays over the years.

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:38 AM
WWAD

I listened to Jordans interview last night, and even at a younger age, he seems even more well spoken and comfortable with the media than his brother.

WWAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
asphyXy

vCash: 50
If Jared makes the team this year, we're going to end up seeing something like this:

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:04 PM
urn

Looking back, I'm obviously glad we made the deal for Staal, but it is pretty painful to think about just how dirt-nasty this team would be if we somehow didn't have to give up Sutter. Our forwards would easily be better than the cup team. Oh well

urn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:27 PM
La Huracanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by urn View Post
Looking back, I'm obviously glad we made the deal for Staal, but it is pretty painful to think about just how dirt-nasty this team would be if we somehow didn't have to give up Sutter. Our forwards would easily be better than the cup team. Oh well
I agree completely, but at the same time this is a much better team. With Sutter our depth would have been insane, but it's great as it is now.

La Huracanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

Quote:
I was thinking about just that earlier today.

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's fun to think about and JR said he did not want to give up Sutter, but Shero said the trade doesn't happen without him. I'd have liked to have gotten a pick or somthing back since I think we SLIGHTLY over paid, doubt the 22 was feasible but we prolly could have poached their 2nd.

But at the end of the day, I'm just happy we didn't get saddled with Paul Martin's 5m dollar headache. That's what I call addition by subtraction

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

I was thinking the same thing a little while ago, and although it sounds bizarre, I think I'm sort of glad that Sutter's gone. I love him as a player, and I think he'll be a great addition to the Penguins, but I think that as long as he was here he was going to be doomed to the "shutdown" Dwyer - Sutter - Nodl line. With all the depth we've got now we're talking about actually having a third line that can score. I think Sutter COULD center that line, obviously, but I think that if he were here Muller would be too tempted to keep that crappy line together.

I'd love to have Sutter still here, and I think he's going to be a great player. But I'm not necessarily confident in our coaching staff's ability to use him properly. I've seen him waste away with AHL winger for the last two years, and even with the depth we've added I can't help but feel that that's how he'd be utilized once again.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:24 PM
urn

I think Tlusty-Sutter-LaRose could definitely score minus the fact that we'd probably put them up against their top line because of Sutter's defensive ability, which would amazing for our team but I don't know how Sutter would feel about it. Our moving him to Pittsburgh was definitely the best for his career, so I'm happy for him, but I still can't help but fantasize about having two great scoring lines and a shutdown 3rd line.

But who knows, maybe Welsh could end up being a more than capable replacement.

urn is offline   Reply With Quote