HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012-2013 Possible Line Combos

Old
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

vCash: 500
I'm missing Maxim too

Mayorov could really blossom with Artem as his centre, wtf.. maybe he will be back if this team actually plays with some fight and starts to win. Duby Asinimov Mayorov could really jell.

Beginning to believe in the defense

Johnson Wiz
Tin Tin
Aucoin Erixon

Bring in a cheap shutdown dman, send Murray back and put Moore & Savard in the AHL and work the **** out of them. With Holden Goulebef Ruth & Prout, we have some talent in Springfield correct?

?/ Bob

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The thing that surprises me. With the forwards we have added, we seem to be wanting to put Brassard and Cam together. On the top line no less.

Does anyone but me really question that logic?

This team isn't going to be built out outscore you. Brassard is the least competitive guy that you want to put into the top six, Cam is the least experienced. Why are we trying to build what we aren't? That line screams I want to put the most skilled guys together to force offense.

If you are going to do that, at least put them on the second line playing 17 minutes a night against lesser players. I have no desire to see Cam and Brassard playing 20 minutes against some of the other teams top lines.

How this team is going to get the most goals while giving up the least is putting big competitive bodies out there and forechecking like hell to keep the puck in the offensive zone. I can see Brassard/Cam being decent match up against certain teams in the league. But Detroit, SJ, etc? No thanks. Why do you want to pair the smallest guy on the team with someone who isn't very big or physical himself? I've always felt Brassard plays smaller than he is.

Brassard and Cam is a combo that is going to be going up and down the ice like crazy. We'll be giving up as many, probably more, scoring chances than we get.
I'm kind of inclined to agree, although I'm evidently coming to different conclusions than you as a result. I don't mind having Brass and Umberger together on the top line, but Brass and Cam together could be potentially painful. I'd rather have Cam with Bill's BFF.

Also, going by Ranger fan reports, Dubi's supposedly better on the wing but can take draws (much like Umby) and Bill's BFF has done better at center. I'd rather assemble lines accordingly.

("Bill's BFF" == Anisimov, in case you were wondering. I don't know why that's stuck in my head, but it has.)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
NashPF61

Too bad Colton gillies is always so forgotten I love the way this kid plays hockey he's a player for sure , he's due for his breakout

NashPF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
Too bad Colton gillies is always so forgotten I love the way this kid plays hockey he's a player for sure , he's due for his breakout
He damn well better be. We used to get more goal scoring out of Jan freakin' Hejda.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:43 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I don't mind having Brass and Umberger together on the top line, but Brass and Cam together could be potentially painful. I'd rather have Cam with Bill's BFF.
Cam and Brass together looks like a mistake in July. Having said that, I don't see how Brass is competitive or even productive enough to draw top line duty. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

Frankly, I think Johansen and Brassard make a nice pair on the 4th line. That is a true match up problem for other teams. Before I hear all the complaining, the implication is that we really would be giving them 12 minutes a night.

At any rate, carry on board.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:59 AM
DangleDman

Umberger-Brassard-Atkinson
Anisimov-Dubinsky-Prospal
Foligno-Letestu-Dorsett
Calvert-Johansen-Boll

MacKenzie, Gillies

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Murray

Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Players on the brink of cracking this stellar lineup: Savard, Chaput, Jenner, Erixon, Kubalik.

DangleDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

I don't see a true #1, #2, #3 line....I see group that will get more ice time if they are hot and a lot of shuffling until players hit a comfort level. But here is what I may run out there to start:

Foligno-Brassard-Atkinson
Anisimov-Dubinsky-RJ
Prospal-Johansen-Dorsett
Boll-DMac-Letetsu

07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
I don't see a true #1, #2, #3 line....I see group that will get more ice time if they are hot and a lot of shuffling until players hit a comfort level. But here is what I may run out there to start:

Anisimov-Dubinsky-RJ
Prospal-Johansen-Dorsett
Boll-DMac-Letetsu
I agree that the CBJ tradition of line shuffling will (and probably should) continue.

As to your lineups I think from what Ranger fans have said flipping AA & Dubi makes sense but I like the three together

How can you put Letestu on the 4th? Because there is no good place else to put him unless you switch him with Dorsett who earned his spot last year. Interesting dilemNa Richards is going to face putting these lines together.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:30 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I forget, what happened to Darryl Boyce?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Matt

I don't know how many of you realize this, but Atkinson, when at BC, played even strenght, power play and penalty kill and was the leader in short handed goals.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:40 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I forget, what happened to Darryl Boyce?
U Forgot Already?

Old
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

Anisimov-Dubinsky-RJ
Prospal-Johansen-Dorsett
Boll-DMac-Letetsu
Okay this line pairing needs to be sent to Howson. Best one by far.

OldGoaltender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:33 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

How about:

Foligno/Dubinsky/Huselius
Prospal/Johansen/Atkinson
RJ/Brass/AA
Letestu/DMac/Dorsett

The addition of Juice changes things up, a bit, and allows some strength to be moved lower in the lineup. I think that first line might actually produce reasonable scoring. Those who like RJ's game better, could switch him with Vinny, but I do like the way this grouping protects the youngsters and allows Anisimov to take draws for Brass (a very weak part of his game), while still giving Brassard some finishers on his wings. DD's play, last year, might seem to warrant placement higher in the lineup, but I see that fourth line playing more minutes than in the past, particularly at the expense of ice time for that second group. That way, the kids can be brought along at the right pace and Prospal can have his minutes limited to help him stay strong throughout the season.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Xoggz22

Two things that became apparent to me after the Nash deal. (aside from being more competitive, bigger or whatever else)

1) Columbus will not be viewed as a team with a "1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, 4th line". I think we will struggle to generate offense against other teams top lines so this team will be build to neutralize them and work off matchups lower in the lineup

2) If we want to classify our lines in the old NHL order, we'll have a multitude of 2nd/3rd lines that appear to be "plus" matchups based on what we think we know about the personnel.

I don't think there will be a clear identity of lines and I don't think there is going to be the same 18-20 min forwards every night. if we have 3 lines (maybe even 4 given Letestu is likely to slide down the lineup) that can play responsible hockey and either chip in or create pressure mismatches, this team can be successful. It goes no where without improved goaltending.

I would split Atkinson and Brassard and would work to get Brassard playing against other teams 2nd lines. I would put Johansen at center if that's what he is ultimately expected to be. If that means "4th line" center so be it but get him positive minutes and situations where he can grow. Move him throughout the lineup and get him PP time. Offense is also going to be generated from the back end and could be in bunches.

Dubinsky Anisimov Umberger
Foligno Brassard Prospal
Dorsett Johansen Atkinson
Gillies Letestu MacKenzie
Boll

JJ Wiz
Tyutin Nikitin
Aucoin Moore
Holden (sign veteran who can be #7 as option)

Bobrovsky
Mason

I put Holden as the #7 because I don't see him as a regular but he did appear to be capable of playing in small doses. With an injury in the top 6 call up Erixon. I'd like a better option in goal too but that's what we have for now.

Last edited by Xoggz22: 07-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Two things that became apparent to me after the Nash deal. (aside from being more competitive, bigger or whatever else)

1) Columbus will not be viewed as a team with a "1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, 4th line". I think we will struggle to generate offense against other teams top lines so this team will be build to neutralize them and work off matchups lower in the lineup

2) If we want to classify our lines in the old NHL order, we'll have a multitude of 2nd/3rd lines that appear to be "plus" matchups based on what we think we know about the personnel.

I don't think there will be a clear identity of lines and I don't think there is going to be the same 18-20 min forwards every night. if we have 3 lines (maybe even 4 given Letestu is likely to slide down the lineup) that can play responsible hockey and either chip in or create pressure mismatches, this team can be successful. It goes no where without improved goaltending.

I would split Atkinson and Brassard and would work to get Brassard playing against other teams 2nd lines. I would put Johansen at center if that's what he is ultimately expected to be. If that means "4th line" center so be it but get him positive minutes and situations where he can grow. Move him throughout the lineup and get him PP time. Offense is also going to be generated from the back end and could be in bunches.

Anisimovr Anisimov Umberger
Foligno Brassard Prospal
Dorsett Johansen Atkinson
Gillies Letestu MacKenzie
Boll

JJ Wiz
Tyutin Nikitin
Aucoin Moore
Holden (sign veteran who can be #7 as option)

Bobrovsky
Mason

I put Holden as the #7 because I don't see him as a regular but he did appear to be capable of playing in small doses. With an injury in the top 6 call up Erixon. I'd like a better option in goal too but that's what we have for now.
I can't figure out who you intended to be left wing on the top line, 22.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

It's been mentioned but with all the guys center-eligible...

Starting with the two new guys, Dubinsky and Anisimov - which of them plays center? Or both? Then you've got both Johansen and Brassard as centers possibly playing wing (probably not both). And Letestu. Hard to even predict who will line up at center, let along who will line up with them.

Again, gonna be an interesting camp.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:23 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I can't figure out who you intended to be left wing on the top line, 22.
Obviously Dubinski since he's the only missed player.

And regarding Moore on the 3rd pair. From what I saw and heard Erixon is pretty far ahead in his development.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:29 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Obviously Dubinski since he's the only missed player.
You're right, biz, and I missed him, too!

Old
07-27-2012, 12:46 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't think there will be a clear identity of lines and I don't think there is going to be the same 18-20 min forwards every night.
To a certain extent their probably will be. You will go down to 2 or 3 lines as the games go on unless it is a blow out. Certain players will become coaches favorites for certain game situations. There will, eventually, become a top line that will get the minutes in most game situations.

Sure that might be fluid at the beginning of the season, but baring injures it will become far more predictable as we move into mid-November and continue until, at least, the deadline.

Rolling four lines lasts as long as you have a big lead. The moment the game is in doubt heading into the second half of the game and into the third it all goes out the window.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
ColumbusBlueJackets
Rookie User

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Prospal
Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Johansen - Dorsett
Gillies - Letestu - Boll
EX: Calvert - MacKenzie - Kubalik

Johnson - Wisniewski
Nikitin - Tyutin
Erixon - Aucoin
EX: Moore - Murray

Mason
Bobrovsky
EX: McElhinney

ColumbusBlueJackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:48 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusBlueJackets View Post
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Prospal
Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Johansen - Dorsett
Gillies - Letestu - Boll
EX: Calvert - MacKenzie - Kubalik

Johnson - Wisniewski
Nikitin - Tyutin
Erixon - Aucoin
EX: Moore - Murray

Mason
Bobrovsky
EX: McElhinney
I like this, except bob needs to be ahead of mason, and flip umby and foligno. I think people are really under estimating foligno. I really feel hes going to be our key player this year. Him and Dubi along with johnson are going to be the most crucial pieces on our team. Besides bob of course.

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Cyclones Rock

If some combination of Foligno, Dubinski, Asinomov, and Atkinson can't displace Umgarbage and Brassard from first line status, then this team will be hard-pressed to do much better than last year's team.

If one keeps everyone in their listed position and if Umberger is more than a 3rd liner, then the trades can be viewed as failures.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
Unbelievable that we just signed our 13 forward to a 2yr/million per yr contract. Nice job Scotty
That would be something worth getting upset about. If it were true. Boll's cap hit is about one million dollars.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
If some combination of Foligno, Dubinski, Asinomov, and Atkinson can't displace Umgarbage and Brassard from first line status, then this team will be hard-pressed to do much better than last year's team.

If one keeps everyone in their listed position and if Umberger is more than a 3rd liner, then the trades can be viewed as failures.
We get it. You don't like RJ.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote