HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

We are the champions! Prospect poll (prospect #2)

View Poll Results: Who is the Kings #2 ranked prospect
Jordan Nolan 0 0%
Derek Forbort 13 24.07%
Tanner Pearson 15 27.78%
Christopher Gibson 0 0%
Andrei Loktionov 23 42.59%
Jake Muzzin 1 1.85%
Thomas Hickey 0 0%
Nick Shore 0 0%
Andy Andreoff 0 0%
Linden Vey 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-26-2012, 08:15 PM
losingsand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Based on how he played in Manchester he shouldn't be added at this point.

As for this poll.

Loktionov. Add Mersch
having been to 4 of the 5 days of development camp THIS year, he was a standout.. add him.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:22 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
having been to 4 of the 5 days of development camp THIS year, he was a standout.. add him.
That's no surprise given the fact he was amongst the oldest guys there. In fact, I think he and Czarnick were the oldest, if I'm not mistaken.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:09 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
That's no surprise given the fact he was amongst the oldest guys there. In fact, I think he and Czarnick were the oldest, if I'm not mistaken.
Mersch? He's 19 years old. He's amongst the younger prospects.

Edit: Voted Pearson amongst the choices. Add Deslauriers

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
King of Sorrow

voted Loktionov again.....

add Nikolai Prokhorkin....... :

King of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:26 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Mersch? He's 19 years old. He's amongst the younger prospects.

Edit: Voted Pearson amongst the choices. Add Deslauriers
That quote from GKG was in reference to Deslauriers, not Mersch being one of the oldest in camp along with Czarnik. Deslauriers and Czarnik (and Veyas well) had significantly more pro experience and had played at a higher level than any of the other players in development camp, so it's not really a suprise to see them stand out the most in camp.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:02 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
That quote from GKG was in reference to Deslauriers, not Mersch being one of the oldest in camp along with Czarnik. Deslauriers and Czarnik (and Veyas well) had significantly more pro experience and had played at a higher level than any of the other players in development camp, so it's not really a suprise to see them stand out the most in camp.
Ah, I misunderstood.

Still, off the top of my head, Czarnik, O'Neill, and Dowd are the older prospects. Vey might be as well. I'm pretty sure Weal and Forbort are pretty close in age compared to ND, so it's not like he has a huge age advantage. Between professional experience and international experience (like Gravel and Forbort on the WJC side), I don't think he has a huge advantage either.

However, at camp this month, Deslauriers looked like Martinez and Nolan last year, in terms of physically built, but little visible baby fat. I think he'll turn some heads this year.

Last edited by King'sPawn: 07-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old
07-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Ah, I misunderstood.

Still, off the top of my head, Czarnik, O'Neill, Dowd, Kozun, and Gravel are the older prospects. Vey might be as well. I'm pretty sure Weal and Forbort are pretty close in age compared to ND, so it's not like he has a huge age advantage. Between professional experience and international experience (like Gravel and Forbort on the WJC side), I don't think he has a huge advantage either.

However, at camp this month, Deslauriers looked like Martinez and Nolan last year, in terms of physically built, but little visible baby fat. I think he'll turn some heads this year.
Kevin Gravel just turned 20 not too long ago, last year was his 19 year old year. That is not one of the older players, plenty of players at the camp that just finished their 21-22 year with pro experience...

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Kevin Gravel just turned 20 not too long ago, last year was his 19 year old year. That is not one of the older players, plenty of players at the camp that just finished their 21-22 year with pro experience...
Posted from my phone and going off of faulty memory. Will edit my post. The point remains he has had one year as a pro and very little, if any, International experience, so it's not like he has a great advantage over the rest

Old
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Rod Buskas*

Forbort

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 03:55 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Posted from my phone and going off of faulty memory. Will edit my post. The point remains he has had one year as a pro and very little, if any, International experience, so it's not like he has a great advantage over the rest
Not really true. ND, Vey, and Czarnik (Berube as well but that's ECHL) are the only ones in camp with a full year of AHL pro experience under their belts. The others have all spent only a handful of games in Manchester or none at all and that is a huge advantage when it comes to understanding of the game and especially understanding of the Kings style of play which is something that seemed to be a focus at the dev. camp. So while Vey, and ND may not have an advantage age wise they still have a pretty big advantage over the others that were in camp.

Think of it this way, these are drills that the Monarchs and possibly Kings put players through on a fairly regular basis. So there should be an amount of familiarity, and comfort with these drills for the guys that run through them often versus a player running through it for possibly the first time. Basically I expect these guys to be at the top of class because they are familiar with the drills and the skills on display are something they work on frequently.

Last edited by tigermask48: 07-28-2012 at 04:10 PM.
tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote