HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Lundqvist is the most valuable goalie in the league. I won't even argue with you about it because it's clear cut.
Lundqvist is clearly cut the best goaltender but in terms of value, I rank Price ahead based on age. At merely twenty four he is presently a top five goaltender. There is a much higher probability of Price providing exceptional goaltender than Lundqvist due to that reason; sixteen years verse ten. GMs place a high value on duration. Now if you believe Price will falter or has peaked. That is a different argument. I do not, and thus am predicting he will become what Lundqvist is now or damn close in the not too distant future.

Anywho, you are free to disagree but we are skirting off topic. Therefore, I will refrain from further comment. Not that there is anything left to say.

Old
07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
With TT's latest comment we get another gem from Luongo

Quote:
@strombone1
Hey guys remember 2y ago in the Stanley Cup Final when people thought I was the crazy goalie?Well I still might be, but NOT the craziest one

Old
07-26-2012, 09:29 PM
RECsGuy*

Luongo's salary over the next 6 years (ages 33-39) dictates he is almost guaranteed to be his team's uncontested No. 1 over that period, which begs the question...

Does anyone expect Luongo to improve as he ages from 33 years old to 39 years old?

Old
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Luongo's salary over the next 6 years (ages 33-39) dictates he is almost guaranteed to be his team's uncontested No. 1 over that period, which begs the question...

Does anyone expect Luongo to improve as he ages from 33 years old to 39 years old?
Which begs the question is he better then what you already have and will be for the next 5 years? I think so.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:43 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Which begs the question is he better then what you already have and will be for the next 5 years? I think so.
I'm not sure which team this in regards to, but if it's Florida, they have the best goalie prospect in all of hockey IMO. A declining Luongo vs a rising Markstrom, I wouldn't give up assets for the former.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:45 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Lundqvist is clearly cut the best goaltender but in terms of value, I rank Price ahead based on age. At merely twenty four he is presently a top five goaltender. There is a much higher probability of Price providing exceptional goaltender than Lundqvist due to that reason; sixteen years verse ten. GMs place a high value on duration. Now if you believe Price will falter or has peaked. That is a different argument. I do not, and thus am predicting he will become what Lundqvist is now or damn close in the not too distant future.

Anywho, you are free to disagree but we are skirting off topic. Therefore, I will refrain from further comment. Not that there is anything left to say.
I'd say Quick is the most valuable and in large part due to guys contract. Price isn't a top 10 goalie

Old
07-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'd like to see someone provide me facts as to why Price should be considered a top 5 goalie today.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'd say Quick is the most valuable and in large part due to guys contract. Price isn't a top 10 goalie
I listed Quick as the highest earlier. This was squarely between Lundqvist and Price. Name me ten goalies better than Price. I had Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne and Luongo, in that order ahead of him.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
All are younger and will establish the future of their respective franchises. I concede you could certainly argue Schneider and Rask having less value at this stage due to inexperience but Price is above Lundqvist in value. There is six years between them a Price is already top five. That plays a factor in determining the market.
I'd say Price is up there with Lundqvist, it's not like 30 yrs is ancient. Rinne is also a few months older than Lundqvist, yet Lundqvist has proven more, put up better stats, won Vezina, etc, don't see what makes Rinne more valuable. Rinne is the most overrated goalie in the league.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'd say Price is up there with Lundqvist, it's not like 30 yrs is ancient. Rinne is also a few months older than Lundqvist, yet Lundqvist has proven more, put up better stats, won Vezina, etc, don't see what makes Rinne more valuable. Rinne is the most overrated goalie in the league.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I am in no way saying Lundqvist's value is not immense or that he is old by any means. I merely based the value rankings I assessed on long term perspective and of course, a belief Price will succeed going forward. To be honest, they could be closer to a tie. It comes down to if you believe Price will excel than he has a longer shelf life just based on being six years younger. In any other scenario, his value would decline for that GM.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Rinne, Miller and Cam Ward are all extremely overrated. We will see how Rinne does without Suter this year...he still has Weber in front of him but I still expect his numbers to dip.

07-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
I listed Quick as the highest earlier. This was squarely between Lundqvist and Price. Name me ten goalies better than Price. I had Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne and Luongo, in that order ahead of him.
Why do you keep saying Loungo is better than Price. He's not.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Okay... we are done here. The last 10 pages or so is just debating on who is a better goaltender. Take that to the comparison thread on the main boards. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Until there is a big update with speculation, this is done.

Closed Thread