HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

vCash: 500
Too many read Boll at 2MM per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Well, he's 4x the player Boll is, so you're right, he must be.
I think he is signed at 2 years for 1MM each correct? That is 400K too much per year for JB. I think with RJ, Duby, Foligno and Gilles we could be relying a little less on Boll and Dorsett to enforce. That is a good thing though, that's at least 6 forwards that will mix it up.. keeps JJ & Wiz from having to do the heavy lifting.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:20 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
I think he is signed at 2 years for 1MM each correct? That is 400K too much per year for JB. I think with RJ, Duby, Foligno and Gilles we could be relying a little less on Boll and Dorsett to enforce. That is a good thing though, that's at least 6 forwards that will mix it up.. keeps JJ & Wiz from having to do the heavy lifting.
I have seen one Umberger "fight" against Kessler; Gilles doesn't fight;
Dubi from what Rangers fans have said isn't a fighter, except against Mike Richards and I don't know about Foligno, But I think you are kidding yourself if you think Boll's role isn't enforcer. Hopefully Dorsett will back off a bit.

The new guys should make the team tougher but to call them enforcers is a bit of a stretch imo.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:21 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Is Jake really worth $4 million per year?!?

He got the $ so he must be.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
bizzz*

With 40 years old Whitney getting 4.5 mil for 2 years, Doan wanting 4 years deal for 6-7 millions per year, does anyone think that we've got a great deal for Prospal? He's 4 years younger than Whitney and about the same age with Doan. And he scored more points than Doan. $2.5 mil looks like a steal for me now.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
He got the $ so he must be.
Counterpoint: Scott Gomez.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Okay, I really wasn't sure where to put this, so I will just ask here. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it typically takes for tickets to NHL games to show up on StubHub.com? I'd like to see the Jackets open in St. Paul, but I'd imagine tickets for opening night would be kind of hard to come by the first time around.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:04 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Literally?

Quote:
Dubi from what Rangers fans have said isn't a fighter, except against Mike Richards and I don't know about Foligno, But I think you are kidding yourself if you think Boll's role isn't enforcer. Hopefully Dorsett will back off a bit.

The new guys should make the team tougher but to call them enforcers is a bit of a stretch imo.
My point was that our team can play with some edge & grit. I guess I really haven't seen RJ drop the gloves either, but when there is contact, he checks and doesn't float away.

I'm not really a fan of dropping the gloves, I just like to see a hitting checking game.

Old
07-27-2012, 07:47 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
My point was that our team can play with some edge & grit. I guess I really haven't seen RJ drop the gloves either, but when there is contact, he checks and doesn't float away.

I'm not really a fan of dropping the gloves, I just like to see a hitting checking game.
I agree with this assessment of the team. Still not sure that Umbie belongs in the same category as Dubi & Foligno as far as grit but maybe I'm just remembering last season too much.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Okay, I really wasn't sure where to put this, so I will just ask here. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it typically takes for tickets to NHL games to show up on StubHub.com? I'd like to see the Jackets open in St. Paul, but I'd imagine tickets for opening night would be kind of hard to come by the first time around.
I have sold NHL tickets on that site, one must have the tickets in hand to put them on sale.. or at least lie that you do. If they are sold you must advance them to the buyer upon sale.. I don't think one can put up seats for sale based on "I will be getting them".

There will be seats for your game on SH but they might be expensive.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I have sold NHL tickets on that site, one must have the tickets in hand to put them on sale.. or at least lie that you do. If they are sold you must advance them to the buyer upon sale.. I don't think one can put up seats for sale based on "I will be getting them".

There will be seats for your game on SH but they might be expensive.
Yeah if it's too expensive I might not bother. Just thought it would be cool to see my favorite team in my new home town. But the fact that it's opening night is obviously a problem.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
ColumbusBlueJackets
Rookie User

Quote:

Umm....Have you ever seen a NHL game that Columbus wasn't playing in? Surely, you haven't. Gillies will definitely fight, same goes with Dubinsky and not just Mike Richards, anybody who gets under his skin. Yes, Boll is an enforcer, but Dorsett is a much better hockey player and has more grit. Dorsett is the better out of the two. Umberger can't fight for s**t. Anisimov can also add some grit and intensity to the Blue Jackets. And, don't forget Wiz and JJ.

Old
07-27-2012, 03:33 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusBlueJackets View Post
Umm....Have you ever seen a NHL game that Columbus wasn't playing in? Surely, you haven't. Gillies will definitely fight, same goes with Dubinsky and not just Mike Richards, anybody who gets under his skin. Yes, Boll is an enforcer, but Dorsett is a much better hockey player and has more grit. Dorsett is the better out of the two. Umberger can't fight for s**t. Anisimov can also add some grit and intensity to the Blue Jackets. And, don't forget Wiz and JJ.
umm. In 127 NHL games, Gilles has 55 minutes in penalties. Does he not get penalized when he fights?

Old
07-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Matt

Maybe he is given a Mulligan if he loses

Old
07-27-2012, 04:47 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
You sure you aren't confusing your Gillies here? He's not Trevor, he's Colton.

Colton, the CBJ player, has 1, count it, 1 fighting major in his NHL career. Some goalies have had more scraps than that.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2758

If you count 7 fights from juniors, he's had 17 total in his career, assuming hockeyfights is accurate.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Dorsett has had one year where he outscored Boll, which was this past one. I don't know if you all have forgotten, but Boll was injured for a good deal of the season. He has shown some (albeit very limited) offensive skill in the past. Additionally, this past season, Boll was a much better fighter than in previous years.

I don't think that one very poor year justifies counting Jared Boll out. He's a fourth line grinder who will drop the gloves with anybody. If you take him out of the lineup, who fights the heavyweights? Skill players? Dorsett? Bass?

Old
07-27-2012, 04:57 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Dorsett has had one year where he outscored Boll, which was this past one. I don't know if you all have forgotten, but Boll was injured for a good deal of the season. He has shown some (albeit very limited) offensive skill in the past. Additionally, this past season, Boll was a much better fighter than in previous years.

I don't think that one very poor year justifies counting Jared Boll out. He's a fourth line grinder who will drop the gloves with anybody. If you take him out of the lineup, who fights the heavyweights? Skill players? Dorsett? Bass?
How about nobody?

Old
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM
ColumbusBlueJackets
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
You sure you aren't confusing your Gillies here? He's not Trevor, he's Colton.

Colton, the CBJ player, has 1, count it, 1 fighting major in his NHL career. Some goalies have had more scraps than that.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2758

If you count 7 fights from juniors, he's had 17 total in his career, assuming hockeyfights is accurate.
Quote:
umm. In 127 NHL games, Gilles has 55 minutes in penalties. Does he not get penalized when he fights?
Sorry about that guys. SuperGenius had it right, I must have gotten them mixed up in my head, but that doesn`t mean that he doesn`t add some depth to the team.

TY SuperGenius for the correction

Old
07-28-2012, 12:41 PM
EspenK

Shane Doan is reported seeking a 4 yr 7 million per deal if he leaves the Yotes. Think he gets it?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

Old
07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Shane Doan is reported seeking a 4 yr 7 million per deal if he leaves the Yotes. Think he gets it?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580
That seems awfully steep.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Skraut

Here's the video from the 2012 Central Division Tweet Up

Old
07-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post

Old
07-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Thanks, I had a lot of fun putting it together.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks, I had a lot of fun putting it together.
Very cool Skraut.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:24 AM
candyman82

Quote:

Excellent work as always

Old
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
leesmith