HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson

Old
07-26-2012, 10:29 PM
deftones1986

vCash: 500
Jack Johnson

Sucks that we don't have anything to give up to get him, but let's say this year is a really low year and we can somehow squeeze in our 1st round pick to Columbus, who else would it take to sent there, to get Jack Johnson in return?

Don't flame! But Our D is getting old, and so is Briere, so we don't really have any choice but to give up somebody important.

***In the event that our aging + unproven D fails us this year.

If not, and we have a good year, then I say forget about any of this.

EDIT

- - -

Sorry I did't really mean that they where getting old.

I meant that the PROVEN great players like Pronger (old and injured), and Timonen where getting old. The allstar names you think of when you say Philly Defense.

Anyway this was just a pipe dream and I knew that all along. I'm just excited to see how this team does this year, but you can't stop me from dreaming!!! Jack Johnson to the Flyers in NHL13 here I come (whenever I buy a new PS3)

Maybe my real question should have been (not that it matters because what's done is done)

Could we have gotten Jack Johnson from LA somehow when the whole Richards and Carter thing went down? Considering that basically Carter will get you Jack Johnson. Hindsight says we would have been really happy with a turnout of:

Columbus 1st round pick (S. Couturier)
B. Schenn
Jack Johnson

It's just interesting to see how it MAY have panned out.

Last edited by deftones1986: 07-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
deftones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:34 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones1986 View Post
Sucks that we don't have anything to give up to get him, but let's say this year is a really low year and we can somehow squeeze in our 1st round pick to Columbus, who else would it take to sent there, to get Jack Johnson in return?

Don't flame! But Our D is getting old, and so is Briere, so we don't really have any choice but to give up somebody important.

No it's not. Not even close.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Coburn-27
Mezsaros-26
Grossmann-27
Schenn-22
Gervais-27
MAB-22
Gus-22

Kimmo-37

Other than one defender that will actually play, they are all under 28. 27 usually is known as the prime of a defenders career. I think the word "aging" and "old" was used far too frequently in your post.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:

I'm almost positive CLB won't be trading JJ. I'm pretty sure they've been talking about him being either captain now or future captain material, and JJ has said he loves playing there, partly because it's his home town team.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

CBJ will not be trading Jack Johnson.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
CBJ will not be trading Jack Johnson.
Absolutely not. As much as we feel we fleeced them getting Jake and Couts for Carter, they seem perfectly happy having turned Carter into Jack Johnson, or as they like to call him, JMFJ. There's no reason for them to move him short of a ludicrous overpay, ie Giroux.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
deftones1986

I meant that the PROVEN great players like Pronger (old and injured), and Timonen where getting old. The allstar names you think of when you say Philly Defense.

Anyway this was just a pipe dream and I knew that all along. I'm just excited to see how this team does this year, but you can't stop me from dreaming!!! Jack Johnson to the Flyers in NHL13 here I come (whenever I buy a new PS3)

Maybe my real question should have been (not that it matters because what's done is done)

Could we have gotten Jack Johnson from LA somehow when the whole Richards and Carter thing went down? Considering that basically Carter will get you Jack Johnson. Hindsight says we would have been really happy with a turnout of:

B. Schenn
Jack Johnson

Last edited by deftones1986: 07-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old
07-26-2012, 11:52 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Jackets are going in the right direction, especially defensively. On top of that, contrary to one Mr. Carter, JJ embraced the town immediately after being traded there. He's a fan favorite already, corresponds with the fans on twitter and is likely their future captain. A 1st won't get him from Columbus.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:56 PM
ilovetheflyers8

How would we have gotten both Couturier's pick and Jack Johnson, when we got the pick by giving Carter to Columbus and then they traded Carter for Johnson?

edit- Never mind I see, if instead of getting Simmonds we got Johnson. I think if we got Johnson we might not have also gotten Brayden Schenn.

I would like for the team to get Johnson but I don't see CBJ trading him unless the Flyers give up a lot, which I hope they don't do. I think the best thing to do is to wait for next year's free agency.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

EDIT

- - -

B. Schenn
Jack Johnson

It's just interesting to see how it MAY have panned out.
As others have pointed out outside of Timonen, the D isnt old. I wont count Pronger because hes never going to play again more then likely.
I would of prefered Voynov over Johnson, but thats me.
Schenn,Simmonds and Voynov.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:30 AM
deftones1986

Just being hypothetical at this point lol. Nothing serious here. The fun should be in figuring out HOW we could have gotten J. Johnson, Colombus 1st (Coots), and B. Schenn (Ultimately getting us L. Schenn here to play with his brother) all by mixing up only the pieces we sent out with the Richards Carter fiasco last year.

Not saying we couldn't have given M. Richards to Columbus.

And our D isn't getting old, but who is going to be our number 1 in 2 years?

Coburn is......we'll he's just Coburn.

It's ALL IN FUN guys!! I don't see anywhere in the rules where we can't do a what if.........

Old
07-27-2012, 06:26 AM
G Money

coots schenn and johnson or coots schenn simmonds and jake?

i'll stick with jake and simmonds over johnson

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:04 AM
CTU2fan

I guess hypothetically if JJ was available they could have gotten him for Richards, rather than the Simmonds/Schenn package. Or alternatively held onto Carter and possibly made the same deal Columbus made with LA. But in that scenario there's no Couts. Personally I don't see it because at the time I doubt LA is willing to send JJ for Richie (and at the time we still had Pronger and were probably more concerned with getting forwards back for Richie; remember this was pre-draft and we didn't have Couturier yet).

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
dookie88

Jack Johnson is not what we need.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Jumping

You think too much.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:33 AM
MsWoof

JMFJ is not a very good defenceman. He'll be CBJ's new captain anyway so I doubt he's going anywhere.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I for one would be disappointed to see JJ leave CBJ. That franchise has taken a considerable hit recently and him leaving would pretty much be the last straw.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Jack Johnson? Why not wait a year and steal Keith Yandle from Phoenix. Yandle is a way better Dman than Johnson.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Jack Johnson? Why not wait a year and steal Keith Yandle from Phoenix. Yandle is a way better Dman than Johnson.
I didn't want Yandle when we didn't have L.Schenn yet, but I think those two together could form a great pairing down the road.

Honestly, since Weber is locked up I don't see a whole lot of difference between the rest of defender available, so we might aswell just take Yandle. Who knows, he might develop a defensive game.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
If you guys hated Matt Carle, you'd despise Jack Johnson

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
If you guys hated Matt Carle, you'd despise Jack Johnson
This. Solid puck movers, turnovers galore though.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
This. Solid puck movers, turnovers galore though.
On the contrary, Matt Carle controlled play while on the ice and never got credit for it. Jack Johnson gets credit for controlling the play when he doesn't do it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Chiquito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
How will the Flyers steal Yandle? He is available for the taking but it won't come cheap. I think Pheonix will demand a kings ransom now or next year.

Chiquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
jfont

Awards:
First of all I like JJ. I think he'll one day be a better defenseman than when he was with the Kings. But so, I watch a lot of Kings games and the announcers we have rarely criticize a player. The only times that I remember them really criticize someone is when JJ messed up and this happened twice.

08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
ninetynine*

Wowow, Johnson was just traded, and from an evential cup winner the deadline to a bottom-feeder, I'm sure he's pissed and won't respond well to another move. Also , Howson asks stupid prices and waits out until he finds out he can't get them.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote