Worse 39 81.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Teus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Well Viasat's covarage of HockeyAllsvenskan doesn't hold a candle to Canal+'s covarage of Elitserien.
Canal+ must have improved a lot in the last 3 years, because I would say Viasat's coverage is better than Canal+'s was last time I was following the SEL through that channel.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:15 AM
adolfz

How do teams travel in SEL? Mostly by bus probably, but there are 1600 km from Malmo to Lulea

adolfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfz View Post
How do teams travel in SEL? Mostly by bus probably, but there are 1600 km from Malmo to Lulea
Depends how far it is. Hv71 for example would fly to Luleć, Skellefteć and Önsköldsvik(Modo) but not to Gothenburg because it's only about 200km.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:19 PM
torero

THE REAL TRUTH IS :

if Switzerland had as much ice as Sweden and as many people as Russia ... we would be WC easly !!

look at what we do with what we have !

Last edited by torero: 06-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Robotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
How many teams out there in SEL? 12? Ok, let's take a look at top 12 KHL teams attendance numbers.

1Dinamo Minsk14193
2SKA10126
3Avangard9146
4Salavat Yulaev7950
5Dinamo Riga7938
6Traktor7374
7Amur7100
8Metallurg Mg7002
9Sibir6293
10Atlant6278
11Torpedo5470
12Neftekhimik4911

That makes it 7815 average...

6,385, how about you shrink to 5 teams to make your average even more impressive.
If Moscow would ever get their head out of the ass it would be nice. Dinamo is reigning champ with new arena coming and CSKA is stacked with good prospects and new cash flow, maybe something will happen.

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:40 AM
pulverapa

I think top 8 in SEL would make the KHL playoffs pretty easily but the very top in KHL is far ahead of SEL. A team like Dinamo Riga would struggle to stay in the highest league in Sweden. (It's pretty obvious when Sweden is a superior hockey country and Riga has alot of Latvian players on their team.)

pulverapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:57 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
I think top 8 in SEL would make the KHL playoffs pretty easily but the very top in KHL is far ahead of SEL. A team like Dinamo Riga would struggle to stay in the highest league in Sweden. (It's pretty obvious when Sweden is a superior hockey country and Riga has alot of Latvian players on their team.)
dont agree

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:51 AM
SurMartin

Probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what impact do you think an NHL lockout would have on these leagues now?
Good for league quality, bad for player development? (positive effect short-term, negative long-term?)

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what impact do you think an NHL lockout would have on these leagues now?
Good for league quality, bad for player development? (positive effect short-term, negative long-term?)
I would imagine the SEL would be beefed up with a lot of talent coming over. The AHL would probably get the younger guys, but I would imagine that the older, more established NHL players would go to Europe for a better payday than the AHL has to offer. It would be fun to watch and see how all the different leagues get stocked up with a lot of talent from the NHL, but hopefully it doesn't come to that point.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Its true that many players go where the money is.No wrong in that. You quit your job if you got twice as bigger pay at another job. But many players also dont care so much about money. Chara have said that he will comeback to Karlstad for example. And most of the swedes would just go home to friends and familiy they normaly only see on the summer. I think both leagues will do good and have top players. KHL will probobly get more of the superstars. But sweden will have many of them too. This will be good for development.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:00 AM
pulverapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
dont agree
It would be interesting if you told us what you mean. I've been to Riga and visited hockey games and have seen a few games on TV from the KHL regular season and the playoffs and KHL teams under top 12 in the league (Riga, Minsk, Barys, Amur and even further down the list) are around the same quality as mid-bottom SEL I think. They are in my opinion around a playoff spot in SEL but has no chance at all of winning the SEL championship.

Take a look at Latvia earlier this year in WC, where they played quite bad and even lost to Norway (who took most of their players from SEL). They had a lot of players from Dinamo Riga but struggled the whole tournament. Their fans were great though, probably the best in Stockholm together with the German fans.

I don't mean to bash Riga and those other KHL teams completely. I like KHL and I love to go to Riga and watch games, but it is still interesting to compare different leagues from eachother.

pulverapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:37 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Its true that many players go where the money is.No wrong in that. You quit your job if you got twice as bigger pay at another job. But many players also dont care so much about money. Chara have said that he will comeback to Karlstad for example. And most of the swedes would just go home to friends and familiy they normaly only see on the summer. I think both leagues will do good and have top players. KHL will probobly get more of the superstars. But sweden will have many of them too. This will be good for development.
How would it be good for development? Won't the NHL players push the youngsters down the hierarchy?

Old
07-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
How would it be good for development? Won't the NHL players push the youngsters down the hierarchy?
Its not like they will push them down and spit on them
The younger players will learn alot from them and im sure some will even feel more motivated when playing with players such as Chara or Zetterberg instead of being like "Oh ****... Chara is on my team"

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
It would be interesting if you told us what you mean. I've been to Riga and visited hockey games and have seen a few games on TV from the KHL regular season and the playoffs and KHL teams under top 12 in the league (Riga, Minsk, Barys, Amur and even further down the list) are around the same quality as mid-bottom SEL I think. They are in my opinion around a playoff spot in SEL but has no chance at all of winning the SEL championship.

Take a look at Latvia earlier this year in WC, where they played quite bad and even lost to Norway (who took most of their players from SEL). They had a lot of players from Dinamo Riga but struggled the whole tournament. Their fans were great though, probably the best in Stockholm together with the German fans.

I don't mean to bash Riga and those other KHL teams completely. I like KHL and I love to go to Riga and watch games, but it is still interesting to compare different leagues from eachother.
Pretty fair post and I can't say you far off the truth but in my opinion Dinamo Riga would beat our last year's national team quite soundly. Our roster in May was embarrassing.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Its not like they will push them down and spit on them
The younger players will learn alot from them and im sure some will even feel more motivated when playing with players such as Chara or Zetterberg instead of being like "Oh ****... Chara is on my team"
I meant that they'd take the current top-players places on the team, who'd take the "average SEL-players" places, who'd take the youngsters places. The extreme talents would surely be able to grab a spot on the roster, but those who need to be eased into the league in a minor role at first?

Old
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Hockeyfrilla

There is a mini tournament in Stockholm called "SEL vs KHL" were 2 SEL teams takes on Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Skellefteć beat Salavat Yulaev Ufa 4-2 in the first game.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Dosing

They actually named the tournament that? is peps persson doing the anthems???

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
There is a mini tournament in Stockholm called "SEL vs KHL" were 2 SEL teams takes on Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Skellefteć beat Salavat Yulaev Ufa 4-2 in the first game.
It was the second game, the AIK-derby yesterday ended up 3-2 to Skellefteć.

Fun game today, Salavat players got really grumpy when our youngsters started scoring and Oleg Saprykin fought 12 year younger Petter Granberg and lost.

Though I'm not sure if any of the teams looked close to what their teams will look like when the season starts (Skellefteć certainly didn't,) so it's probably no use drawing any comparisons.