HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SEL vs KHL

View Poll Results: Strength of SEL compared to KHL
Better 6 12.50%
As good 3 6.25%
Worse 39 81.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 03:49 AM
  #26
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Well Viasat's covarage of HockeyAllsvenskan doesn't hold a candle to Canal+'s covarage of Elitserien.
Canal+ must have improved a lot in the last 3 years, because I would say Viasat's coverage is better than Canal+'s was last time I was following the SEL through that channel.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:15 AM
  #27
adolfz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
How do teams travel in SEL? Mostly by bus probably, but there are 1600 km from Malmo to Lulea

adolfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
  #28
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfz View Post
How do teams travel in SEL? Mostly by bus probably, but there are 1600 km from Malmo to Lulea
Depends how far it is. Hv71 for example would fly to Luleć, Skellefteć and Önsköldsvik(Modo) but not to Gothenburg because it's only about 200km.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 01:19 PM
  #29
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
THE REAL TRUTH IS :

if Switzerland had as much ice as Sweden and as many people as Russia ... we would be WC easly !!

look at what we do with what we have !



Last edited by torero: 06-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
  #30
Robotic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
How many teams out there in SEL? 12? Ok, let's take a look at top 12 KHL teams attendance numbers.

1Dinamo Minsk14193
2SKA10126
3Avangard9146
4Salavat Yulaev7950
5Dinamo Riga7938
6Traktor7374
7Amur7100
8Metallurg Mg7002
9Sibir6293
10Atlant6278
11Torpedo5470
12Neftekhimik4911

That makes it 7815 average...

6,385, how about you shrink to 5 teams to make your average even more impressive.
If Moscow would ever get their head out of the ass it would be nice. Dinamo is reigning champ with new arena coming and CSKA is stacked with good prospects and new cash flow, maybe something will happen.

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:40 AM
  #31
pulverapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
I think top 8 in SEL would make the KHL playoffs pretty easily but the very top in KHL is far ahead of SEL. A team like Dinamo Riga would struggle to stay in the highest league in Sweden. (It's pretty obvious when Sweden is a superior hockey country and Riga has alot of Latvian players on their team.)

pulverapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:57 AM
  #32
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
I think top 8 in SEL would make the KHL playoffs pretty easily but the very top in KHL is far ahead of SEL. A team like Dinamo Riga would struggle to stay in the highest league in Sweden. (It's pretty obvious when Sweden is a superior hockey country and Riga has alot of Latvian players on their team.)
dont agree

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:51 AM
  #33
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kűbenhavn/Skellefteć
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what impact do you think an NHL lockout would have on these leagues now?
Good for league quality, bad for player development? (positive effect short-term, negative long-term?)

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
  #34
Baronsfan
Registered User
 
Baronsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what impact do you think an NHL lockout would have on these leagues now?
Good for league quality, bad for player development? (positive effect short-term, negative long-term?)
I would imagine the SEL would be beefed up with a lot of talent coming over. The AHL would probably get the younger guys, but I would imagine that the older, more established NHL players would go to Europe for a better payday than the AHL has to offer. It would be fun to watch and see how all the different leagues get stocked up with a lot of talent from the NHL, but hopefully it doesn't come to that point.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:21 AM
  #35
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Probably the wrong thread to ask in, but what impact do you think an NHL lockout would have on these leagues now?
Good for league quality, bad for player development? (positive effect short-term, negative long-term?)
Its true that many players go where the money is.No wrong in that. You quit your job if you got twice as bigger pay at another job. But many players also dont care so much about money. Chara have said that he will comeback to Karlstad for example. And most of the swedes would just go home to friends and familiy they normaly only see on the summer. I think both leagues will do good and have top players. KHL will probobly get more of the superstars. But sweden will have many of them too. This will be good for development.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:00 AM
  #36
pulverapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
dont agree
It would be interesting if you told us what you mean. I've been to Riga and visited hockey games and have seen a few games on TV from the KHL regular season and the playoffs and KHL teams under top 12 in the league (Riga, Minsk, Barys, Amur and even further down the list) are around the same quality as mid-bottom SEL I think. They are in my opinion around a playoff spot in SEL but has no chance at all of winning the SEL championship.

Take a look at Latvia earlier this year in WC, where they played quite bad and even lost to Norway (who took most of their players from SEL). They had a lot of players from Dinamo Riga but struggled the whole tournament. Their fans were great though, probably the best in Stockholm together with the German fans.

I don't mean to bash Riga and those other KHL teams completely. I like KHL and I love to go to Riga and watch games, but it is still interesting to compare different leagues from eachother.

pulverapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:37 PM
  #37
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kűbenhavn/Skellefteć
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Its true that many players go where the money is.No wrong in that. You quit your job if you got twice as bigger pay at another job. But many players also dont care so much about money. Chara have said that he will comeback to Karlstad for example. And most of the swedes would just go home to friends and familiy they normaly only see on the summer. I think both leagues will do good and have top players. KHL will probobly get more of the superstars. But sweden will have many of them too. This will be good for development.
How would it be good for development? Won't the NHL players push the youngsters down the hierarchy?

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:21 PM
  #38
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
How would it be good for development? Won't the NHL players push the youngsters down the hierarchy?
Its not like they will push them down and spit on them
The younger players will learn alot from them and im sure some will even feel more motivated when playing with players such as Chara or Zetterberg instead of being like "Oh ****... Chara is on my team"

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
  #39
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,783
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
It would be interesting if you told us what you mean. I've been to Riga and visited hockey games and have seen a few games on TV from the KHL regular season and the playoffs and KHL teams under top 12 in the league (Riga, Minsk, Barys, Amur and even further down the list) are around the same quality as mid-bottom SEL I think. They are in my opinion around a playoff spot in SEL but has no chance at all of winning the SEL championship.

Take a look at Latvia earlier this year in WC, where they played quite bad and even lost to Norway (who took most of their players from SEL). They had a lot of players from Dinamo Riga but struggled the whole tournament. Their fans were great though, probably the best in Stockholm together with the German fans.

I don't mean to bash Riga and those other KHL teams completely. I like KHL and I love to go to Riga and watch games, but it is still interesting to compare different leagues from eachother.
Pretty fair post and I can't say you far off the truth but in my opinion Dinamo Riga would beat our last year's national team quite soundly. Our roster in May was embarrassing.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
  #40
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kűbenhavn/Skellefteć
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Its not like they will push them down and spit on them
The younger players will learn alot from them and im sure some will even feel more motivated when playing with players such as Chara or Zetterberg instead of being like "Oh ****... Chara is on my team"
I meant that they'd take the current top-players places on the team, who'd take the "average SEL-players" places, who'd take the youngsters places. The extreme talents would surely be able to grab a spot on the roster, but those who need to be eased into the league in a minor role at first?

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
  #41
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,668
vCash: 500
There is a mini tournament in Stockholm called "SEL vs KHL" were 2 SEL teams takes on Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Skellefteć beat Salavat Yulaev Ufa 4-2 in the first game.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  #42
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ivösjön
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
They actually named the tournament that? is peps persson doing the anthems???

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
  #43
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kűbenhavn/Skellefteć
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
There is a mini tournament in Stockholm called "SEL vs KHL" were 2 SEL teams takes on Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Skellefteć beat Salavat Yulaev Ufa 4-2 in the first game.
It was the second game, the AIK-derby yesterday ended up 3-2 to Skellefteć.

Fun game today, Salavat players got really grumpy when our youngsters started scoring and Oleg Saprykin fought 12 year younger Petter Granberg and lost.


Though I'm not sure if any of the teams looked close to what their teams will look like when the season starts (Skellefteć certainly didn't,) so it's probably no use drawing any comparisons.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.