HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
07-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'd balance out the lineup. On the power play that's fine, but separating Nash and Gaborik makes game planning against us a lot more difficult
I agree, but it seems like its almost "protocol" to put the best players together instantly in camp, no matter how little sense it makes -- and then you go from there. And usally later in the season you end up with the (balanced) lines that make sense. People are so brainwashed with this 1st/2nd/3rd line thing that it even might be a good thing to do that. Like Shanahan-Nyls-Jagr wasn't going to work -- still it was tried. And so forth

Anyway, a Nash-Richards-Gabby line could actually work. The thing is, if we put those three together they not only have to produce tremendously well -- they would also face any and all attention from the team we are playing and them would only be out there to destroy any constructive plays we tried. Its of course possible to play well anyway -- but with three guys that have as little chemistry together as those three have, it would be tough.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:37 AM
beastly115

He'll try it for 30 secs in the first period of the first preseason game the break them up and not try them together again till the game before the playoffs.

I also predict it will drive us all mad.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:53 AM
RangersChamps2417

I saw awhile back about a place called Cosbys. Is thr stuff high quality? And can you call and they deliver it?

RangersChamps2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Moosehead777

Chitty chitty chat chat........

The Rangers are the team to beat. The prophet has spoken.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersChamps2417 View Post
I saw awhile back about a place called Cosbys. Is thr stuff high quality? And can you call and they deliver it?
Cosby's is great. High quality. I usually pick it up at the store but im sure they will ship to you. I dont see why they wouldnt.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
pld459666

It HAS to be tried.

Imagine if that line had chemistry? That would be interesting.

That said, I would keep it spread out myself

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 822
The only thing that scares me this off season, is that we moved a lot of people in and out. I just hope we didn't lose any team chemistry.... Prust, Dubi, and AA have been big parts of our locker room for the past couple of seasons. Hopefully this team can learn to be as tight nit as the last years team.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:18 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
It HAS to be tried.

Imagine if that line had chemistry? That would be interesting.

That said, I would keep it spread out myself
Yeah, I'd spread it out, but I'm sure we'll see it.

Nash - Richards- Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt (Doan?)
Rupp - Halpern - Asham

Not too bad.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
mullichicken25

nope

everyone knows that once you drop the puck for the first game of the season the lines are set in stone for the balance of the year

if they're not on the ice together in the first period of the first game then its never going to ever happen ever.

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:34 AM
bigblue21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
The only thing that scares me this off season, is that we moved a lot of people in and out. I just hope we didn't lose any team chemistry.... Prust, Dubi, and AA have been big parts of our locker room for the past couple of seasons. Hopefully this team can learn to be as tight nit as the last years team.
I have confidence in both Torts and the team's current leadership (Cally, Richards, etc.) that chemistry won't be an issue.

Additionally, it's not that much turnover. The entire D corps is the same. Every year a few players move in/out, that's just the way hockey is today.

bigblue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im sure late in games which we are losing Torts will do those lines...but if he does em regularly, those guys are going to HAVE to play like 25+ mins a night. you can't balance out the minutes....that's just not a good situation to have. you don't want 3 guys playing the entire game, it creates so many problems. Not to mention the fact that your 2nd or 3rd line will look something like...

Kreider - Stepan - Callahan (not bad)
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt (stone hands line...no offensive ability whatsoever in this line)

so youre counting on that top line to score 2-3 goals a game pretty much...that's just not a good situation.

power lines, unless they have crazy chemistry like the Spezza, Heatley, Alfie line did, almost never work out, and can be a detriment to the team. The point is to come in waves. thats how the kings beat everyone, one line after another that could score, hit, forecheck, had speed, size, skill, etc. its how the bruins won 2 years ago...that's how you win. not 1 line....3 lines. you need to have 3 lines capable of scoring a goal at any given moment.

If we can't get Doan at a reasonable price/term id like to see this once Gabby is healthy.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan

now you have a ~30 goal scorer on every line. each line brings something to the table. That 2nd line may end up being better than the first line with those 2 monster wingers playing with a guy with the vision Stepan has. The top line is what carried us down the stretch last year...when you can leverage a 3rd liner like Hagelin into a 1st line spot and not lose anything, that's something you need to keep doing. It's pretty much an ideal situation...you still get the production of a top line, but it gives you the freedom of moving a top line player to another line to keep the waves coming.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

How dare this site go down for upgrading!

07-28-2012, 04:15 PM
RangersChamps2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
Cosby's is great. High quality. I usually pick it up at the store but im sure they will ship to you. I dont see why they wouldnt.
Thanks man much appreciated

RangersChamps2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:41 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Definitely agree on the fact we should spread things out. One change I would make is this:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan

Stepan plays with the two players he had the most chemistry with last season in Gaborik (GAS line) and Kreider (WJC and playoffs). Nash provides Richards and Hagelin a bigger body than Gaborik and the same goal scoring abilities. That line becomes a little more diverse. Nash opens up more space for Ricahrds than Gaborik would with his size and ability.

Also with switching those two you have size, speed, and skill on all three lines. I'd like to see an upgrade to line 3 at some point, but it's still a solid line.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Depending on how Nash pans out, could Torts open up our system a little more? We have the top notch offensive talent now....

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Lundsanity30

If u think about it, the only one SJ really had for Columbus is Couture. Pavelski and close is a solid offer if they did offer that. One problem. Clowe is a 2013 UFA and Pavs is a 2014 UFA. Dubi is signed 4 more years and AA is on ELCs. Makes sense for CBJ to take our offer. Clowe and Pavs likely would have signed elsewhere

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Still another year away from being elite offensively in my opinion. Our bottom 2 lines need improvement.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:06 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Still another year away from being elite offensively in my opinion. Our bottom 2 lines need improvement.
Not sure what your definition of elite is...but we should be in the top half dozen or so teams in scoring this season unless Gaborik has a setback in his recovery.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
What? only maybe the Kings have as much talent as we do IMO.

Hags-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

that is most definitely an elite offensive squad overall.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
What? only maybe the Kings have as much talent as we do IMO.

Hags-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

that is most definitely an elite offensive squad overall.
Just feel like Boyle and Pyatt are better suited on the 4th line and Asham and Halpern better suited as scratches.

A developed Lindberg and one of Fast, Thomas, or Miller on the 3rd line with Hagelin or Callahan makes our 3rd line complete, allowing us to move back Boyle and Pyatt, to a role where they'll be head and shoulders above everyone else.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Just feel like Boyle and Pyatt are better suited on the 4th line and Asham and Halpern better suited as scratches.

A developed Lindberg and one of Fast, Thomas, or Miller on the 3rd line with Hagelin or Callahan makes our 3rd line complete, allowing us to move back Boyle and Pyatt, to a role where they'll be head and shoulders above everyone else.
well I think everyone would love a 4th line of Pyatt-Boyle-Rupp lol, but thats not realistic unless like you said Miller or Thomas breaks camp.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:29 PM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Now that the dust has settled I would like to congratulate the NYR on acquiring one of the premier forwards in the game. I felt (as many of you know lol) that Nash would garner a bigger return than what transpired. I really hope it works out for y'all because the Rangers have a great organization and in my eyes they should be the team to beat (barring injury's). I imagine most of you have maybe only seen this dude play a couple times the last few years cause the CBJ are so bad and never on television. But, make no mistake this guy (Lundquist not withstanding) might be your most talented player on a talent laden team nonetheless. Enjoy the ride!

Sincerly,

Dejected CBJ fan ready for a couple more seasons of pain.
Somebody needs to thank and acknowledge the classy CBJ fans dropping in to give us good wishes - thanks guys, much appreciated.

Although losing Nash and his elite skills will hurt, you did get some solid pieces. Dubi will likely become a fan favorite due to his passion and all around abilities. Arty, I'm not a fan of, but Erixon should be top 4 in your D within 2 seasons.

Best of luck to the Jackets going forward - except when they play the Rangers!

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:48 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
The Rodent has an interesting take on this situation:

Part 1: http://www.hockeyrodent.com/r2576.htm

Part 2: http://www.hockeyrodent.com/R2577.HTM

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Zipay spoke with spoke with Nash's youth hockey coach. They still remain very close.

Quote:
"I know what Torts is like," said Carrigan, the chief executive of BFI Canada, a multinational waste-management services firm. He remains close to Nash and attends many games. "Rick will accept that. He played for Hitch [coach Ken Hitchcock], who's not easy, either, and there were times I was pretty tough on those kids myself."
Nash had the 2 best seasons of his career playing for Hitchcock who wasn't the Columbus coach very long. 2 full seasons and two 1/2 seasons. In the two full seasons.Hitchcock used Nash in every situation. Nash scored 9 SHG and had 16 PPG. 78 goals in total. Hitch was fired and the next 3 Columbus coaches didn't use Nash much on the PK. Claude Noel,Scott Arniel and Todd Richards.

Zipay also spoke with Doug MacLean.

Quote:
"Where do you find a 6-4, 235-pound guy with hands, who can skate, is entering his prime, with limited miles on him -- although every night he was the No. 1 focus, tightly checked, man-on-man, because teams knew if you shut down Rick Nash, you beat Columbus?" asked Doug MacLean, who drafted Nash first overall in 2002 and was the Blue Jackets' general manager from 1998 to 2007. "Now people are telling me he's overrated. Are you serious?"
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-1.3867437

Nash does have limited miles on him. Columbus made the playoffs once and were blown out by the Wings who were the defending Cup champion. The 4th game was the only competitive game. Nash had a goal and assist in game 4. MacLean is a major reason why Columbus has stunk. Howson has been much better. Columbus ownership hired Hitchcock and Howson fired him. Hitchcock has had success with every team he has coached except in Columbus.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
“We have a lot of second-line players,” Umberger said.

One could go a step further and say the Blue Jackets have the most unproven forwards in the NHL.

Only three players — Umberger, Dubinsky and veteran Vinny Prospal — have scored 20 or more goals in a season, the fewest in the league. The NHL average is seven per team.

“It’s not a big concern of mine,” Richards said. “We’re going to have to do it by committee, but that’s fine. A lot of offense now around the league is driven by the team’s back end. Look how we played down the stretch last season. That came from everybody joining in.
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...exibility.html

Columbus has a lot of second-line players who are third line players on good teams.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote