HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf-NYI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
  #26
sabrescupbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Buffalo has a glut of fowards.. No need for another one.
Unless it's a top tier forward or maybe a third line center

For sh**'s and giggles, What would the Islanders think about Myers, Weber, and Lieno for Tavares?

Reason for Leino is so they can reach the cap floor.


Last edited by sabrescupbound: 07-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.
sabrescupbound is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
  #27
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Unless it's a top tier forward or maybe a third line center

For sh**'s and giggles, What would the Islanders think about Myers, Weber, and Lieno for Tavares?

Reason for Leino is so they can reach the cap floor.
I dont think you would get a reaction you would be looking for. Even if Pominville, Myers and Miller we offered in exchange I don't think you would get Snow to give up Tavares.

KrisBeKreame is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:15 AM
  #28
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Unless it's a top tier forward or maybe a third line center

For sh**'s and giggles, What would the Islanders think about Myers, Weber, and Lieno for Tavares?

Reason for Leino is so they can reach the cap floor.
For sh**'s and giggles, I'd hope Snow would pass.

He's got Reinhart, De Haan, Donovan and Mayfield in the pipeline. His top blueline prospects, expected to push for nhl spots in the next 1-3 seasons.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:19 AM
  #29
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,554
vCash: 500
Wow, horrible. NO ****ing WAY from a Buffalo fan.

Timbo Slice is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:21 AM
  #30
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Well, I guess Grabner is the closest thing to Afinogenov there is out there.

Seriously, there is a basis for a Buffalo-NYI trade. I just have this feeling that Josh Bailey would be a great fit there. I don't know why, but as a NYI fan, I do. I don't think he works as a center on NYI, mostly because of our non-physical wingers. But I think he'd work a lot better with Buffalo's wingers, closer to home.

I've been pushing for a deal centered around McNabb for Bailey for some time now. Of course, the idea took a hit after the draft. But if the next few months ends up with Visnovsky somewhere else, I'd push with some urgency.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Something centered around McNabb for Bailey?? No offense.... but that's just horrible. Like, really bad.

Timbo Slice is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:33 AM
  #31
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?
 
RoseTintedVisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
People need to stop including the word 'tavares' in trade proposals.
It'll never happen. Hamonic is almost that level of untouchable.

RoseTintedVisor is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:42 AM
  #32
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Something centered around McNabb for Bailey?? No offense.... but that's just horrible. Like, really bad.
No interest at all in Bailey. We have enough young forwards right now and don't need to add more youth into our top 9.

Havok89 is online now  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
  #33
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,205
vCash: 500
Awards:
Could something work out around Leino as a means of getting the Isles above the cap floor or is Snow going to wait on the new CBA to see if the floor drops (or the top end drops, forcing teams to shed some salary)? Nearly half of his real dollars have been paid due to his bonuses.

As for the OP... no. Bad value for Buffalo.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  #34
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Could something work out around Leino as a means of getting the Isles above the cap floor or is Snow going to wait on the new CBA to see if the floor drops (or the top end drops, forcing teams to shed some salary)? Nearly half of his real dollars have been paid due to his bonuses.

.
Snow is one of about a dozen gms, who expect the cap ceiling and floor to drop in the new cba.

He reportedly thinks teams over the ceiling, will have to shop quality talent to get under the cap and wants to take advantage.
I think he will look to add a solid, top 4 defenseman or solid, top 6 scorer.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 11:07 AM
  #35
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,205
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow is one of about a dozen gms, who expect the cap ceiling and floor to drop in the new cba.

He reportedly thinks teams over the ceiling, will have to shop quality talent to get under the cap and wants to take advantage.
I think he will look to add a solid, top 4 defenseman or solid, top 6 scorer.
Seems logical, didn't know where he stood on that. In that scenario, the expectation could be that the selling team has to add to get the destination team to take on the salary -- something akin to the Roenick-to-LA move a few years ago where the Kings landed a draft pick as well as the player for the mythic "future considerations" since it is more of an issue for the seller than it is for the team with the space.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
  #36
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Seems logical, didn't know where he stood on that. In that scenario, the expectation could be that the selling team has to add to get the destination team to take on the salary -- something akin to the Roenick-to-LA move a few years ago where the Kings landed a draft pick as well as the player for the mythic "future considerations" since it is more of an issue for the seller than it is for the team with the space.
A few yrs ago, Anaheim did not want to pay Wiz $3m+.

Snow got the top 4 d-man he wanted, for only a 3rd rounder. Snow felt $3m+ was a reasonable contract for a top 4.

The Wiz trade was used as an example of what Snow wants to do, in a Newsday predraft chat.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 11:35 AM
  #37
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Something centered around McNabb for Bailey?? No offense.... but that's just horrible. Like, really bad.
No offense, but that's, like, a really lame response. Like, really lame.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 12:28 PM
  #38
blinkman360
Back to Basics
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guido Central
Country: United States
Posts: 8,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
No offense, but that's, like, a really lame response. Like, really lame.

Cheers,

Dan-o
You forgot the "...." after "No offense".

blinkman360 is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 12:35 PM
  #39
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
Just have patience and wait for the Merciful Desk of Drawers, Joel Armia Esq. the knighted Laplander son.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
  #40
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedVisor View Post
People need to stop including the word 'tavares' in trade proposals.
It'll never happen. Hamonic is almost that level of untouchable.
Clearly his value is Jason Pominville

CodeE is online now  
Old
07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
  #41
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
How about Trent Hunter for Jason Pominville?

That was the popular proposal circa 09 when I first joined here

As for the original proposal, no thanks.Grabner is a one trick pony and not even worth anywhere near Sekera, let alone Sekera+.

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
  #42
The Real
Registered User
 
The Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
Pominville is not worth Tavares.


Maybe not in the league but J Poms was rock solid in his first season as captain and has huge value to the Sabres. I think Tavares has insane offensive ability and is viewed as the better player by most of the league. Yet what Pominville does for you on both ends of the ice is everything you want out of your captain.

I'd do the trade for Tavares, who am I kidding, but I love Pominville as a player and the original poster on the idea said it would have to be overpayment for the Sabres to trade him. I agree.

The Real is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 09:45 PM
  #43
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUlakers View Post
I think I threw up in my mouth a little

EDIT:

Counter Offer:

To NYI: Drew Stafford

To Buffalo: NYI 2013 2nd Round Pick, Ryan Strome, D Travis Hamonic (insert sarcasm face)
You can't make an obnoxious counter proposal when a fan of your own team makes a bad proposal. And to be honest, it wasn't that bad. You're not getting Grabner for Adam straight up. Grabner is better player at this stage. Maybe take out Sekera who is an average defenseman at best. Relax with your ridiculous counter proposals

LotteryForLife* is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 01:04 AM
  #44
Hipster Doofus
Registered User
 
Hipster Doofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Unless it's a top tier forward or maybe a third line center

For sh**'s and giggles, What would the Islanders think about Myers, Weber, and Lieno for Tavares?

Reason for Leino is so they can reach the cap floor.
I would never watch another game and transition to being a hockey fan with no allegiances. I'd applaud their eventual departure from Nassau and hope its not another local locale. I'd then laugh at the poor saps who will inherit the team.

Hipster Doofus is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 01:50 AM
  #45
GerbeSonOfGloin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
The Leino signing was far from great, but we're not losing out on a hockey trade just for the generous favor of some other team taking him on. We'd rather keep him in that case.

McNabb for Bailey? Yikes. McNabb is not going to be traded unless it's for a ridiculous overpayment. We also don't want Bailey. The only Islander I'd be interested in within a reasonable price range is a small trade involving Marty Reasoner.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 01:50 AM
  #46
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
OP is bad.

I have some interest in grabner though.

Leopold
Adam
Leino(big cap hit, less actual money)

McTank is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 01:54 AM
  #47
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
You can't make an obnoxious counter proposal when a fan of your own team makes a bad proposal. And to be honest, it wasn't that bad. You're not getting Grabner for Adam straight up. Grabner is better player at this stage. Maybe take out Sekera who is an average defenseman at best. Relax with your ridiculous counter proposals
Average defenseman at best? My good friend, you are not familiar with the talents of Andrej Sekera. We'll hapilly keep him though barring a overpayment

McTank is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 02:06 AM
  #48
GerbeSonOfGloin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
What would Islander fans want for Reasoner?

Long Island didn't seem to agree with him, but he's still one of the league's better 4th line centers at 35 years of age. We'd actually kind of prefer old, right now - old comes cheaper and we're mainly only looking for stopgap centers anyway.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 03:41 AM
  #49
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
What would Islander fans want for Reasoner?

Long Island didn't seem to agree with him, but he's still one of the league's better 4th line centers at 35 years of age. We'd actually kind of prefer old, right now - old comes cheaper and we're mainly only looking for stopgap centers
anyway.
A couple of hockey sticks would be nice.

original islander is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 05:01 AM
  #50
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,097
vCash: 500
Good news our D coach is in tight with a stick manufacturer.

Imlach a cup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.