HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #5

View Poll Results: Who is our #5 prospect?
D Brady Skjei 22 23.66%
C Michael St. Croix 7 7.53%
C Steven Fogarty 1 1.08%
LW Andrew Yogan 1 1.08%
RW Christian Thomas 40 43.01%
RW Jesper Fasth 22 23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll: #5

Dylan McIlrath again won round 4. Steven Fogarty got a spot in the poll.

Don't forget to write who should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath

Dylan McIlrath
Defense
Born Apr 20 1992 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 6.05 -- Weight 215 -- Shoots R

2011-12 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 52 3 20 23

"Dylan is obviously a physical kid. That's his No. 1 thing. But he can skate well, he makes a good first pass, he can shoot, and he has an intimidating presence. He is also a big shut down guy who plays a lot of minutes."
- Jeff Gorton

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

It was b/w CT and Fast for me. Went with Fast because I think he's a much better bet to make the NHL. Add Hrivik.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:49 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Fast, add Nieves.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Yogan. I think Yogan is the forward furthest along in his development, and, aside from Miller, the forward most likely to get ice time this year with the Rangers. Like Miller, I think Yogan's skill package is underrated.

Add Nieves.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:54 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Thomas
Add Lindberg

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:54 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Went with Thomas. Still have high expectations for Fast, but I think Thomas is more likely to make an impact on the Rangers right now than Fast. Too many question marks around Fast's game for me.

Add Lindberg.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Close call between Fast and St. Croix, but due to the injury, have to give it to MSC.

Add Hrivik.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Skjei. Add Boo.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:59 AM
eco's bones

Skjei. Nieves.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:05 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Skjei add Hrivik

07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Thomas. I really think he makes it as an NHL player. Add Hrvrik.

Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I am not sure how Thomas getting 99 points in 2011 is more impressive than St. Croix getting 105 in 2012.

St. Croix is also 2 inches taller and plays in a tougher league.

Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Fast (who spells his name without the "h" now, OP ). Add Hrivik.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yogan. I think Yogan is the forward furthest along in his development, and, aside from Miller, the forward most likely to get ice time this year with the Rangers. Like Miller, I think Yogan's skill package is underrated.

Add Nieves.

I think we are getting into a trap of thinking too much of our prospects because we suddenly don't have a plethora of blue-chippers.

I'd love for Miller to be ready, but unless a 19 year old absolutely dominates in the preseason and the first 9 games, he shouldn't be rushed into the NHL. Even when that happens, you've got to remember how great MDZ was when he started his rookie year, only to have an up and down year, and then an all-down sophomore season.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Fast (who spells his name without the "h" now, OP ). Add Hrivik.

Yup, I know that, but I had a brain crap and kept spelling his name the old way. I'll fix it in the next round.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:11 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Skjei. Nieves.
x 2.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Fasth he plays in a way better league than pretty much anyone else on the list and was succeeding. Add Nieves.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:15 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I am not sure how Thomas getting 99 points in 2011 is more impressive than St. Croix getting 105 in 2012.

St. Croix is also 2 inches taller and plays in a tougher league.
For the record, I am a HUGE MSC fan and it's definitely close, but I think at this point in both of their developments Thomas is much better defensively and in terms of battling for pucks.

Six months from now I could very easily see MSC blowing CT out of the water, but I'm going to base it off of what I have seen to be true right now. Thomas is just more complete as a player.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I think we are getting into a trap of thinking too much of our prospects because we suddenly don't have a plethora of blue-chippers.

I'd love for Miller to be ready, but unless a 19 year old absolutely dominates in the preseason and the first 9 games, he shouldn't be rushed into the NHL. Even when that happens, you've got to remember how great MDZ was when he started his rookie year, only to have an up and down year, and then an all-down sophomore season.
No one is rushng Miller. The point is, Miller, like Yogan, is player, physically big and strong enough to play in the NHL right now. Miller has a long way to go to reach his full potential, and that's likely the reason he'll be either in Connecticut or Plymouth. But, size and strength is a factor. Franly, Brady Skjei, Steven Fogarty and even Boo Nieves have more skill than Yogan. But, all three players are still a few years away from making it professionally. Thomas likely has better offensive skill than Yogan, but, again, Thomas was invisible in Traverse City, while Yogan is able to create space to get his shot off. That's why I have doubts about Thomas.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
pld459666

Stumpy Jr.

Add Boo

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:31 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Jesper Fast

Add Hrivik

I think Jesper Fast is going to be a good player and another late round surprise. He's in a very good league and has some size and a nice scoring touch. Perfect for that 3rd line RE spot.

07-27-2012, 12:49 PM
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor

Skjei, add Nieves

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:50 PM
eco's bones

Everybody has different ways of looking at these things and no one's is necessarily particularly superior apart from the fact that there are probably a handful who have no clue.

Top 15--and I'm thinking I'll not be budging very much.

1. Kreider
2. Hagelin
3. Miller
4. Mcilrath
(so far I'm doing pretty good)
5. Skjei--size, skating and he knows how to play his position. The skating/size combination is a big deal. Going to a great college program. He easily projects IMO to at least a NHL top 4. Really no questions about him or his game--he just needs experience and development.
6. Fasth--I prefer keeping the h. The injury is a question. At the very least it sets back his development a bit.
7. Thomas--he's got good potential but he's no lock. More or less a top 6 player or bust.
8. St. Croix--Traverse City/training camp were not particularly good but he had an excellent year last year. Average size--but very creative. Maybe a lesser version of Stepan. He goes back to the WHL. He keeps it up--he should move up.
9. Nieves--looked good at the development camp. Great skater and a creative player. Good size. Red Berenson is going to be his coach for the next couple years. That in itself is worth something.
10. Hrivik--good size--came up big in the AHL playoffs. Seems to know how to finish. Questions about his skating.
11. Yogan--he may make a run at a job for the Rangers and is probably closer than a lot players but if he does make it he'll make it as a 4th liner and I don't see his NHL upside as more than a third liner. All in all that's very nice for a 4th rounder. A good pick.
12. Fogarty--Sometimes really hot in the BCHL and sometimes not so much. A really good prospect IMO but the coming year might tell us more about him than last year.
13. Andersson--looks like a really good sleeper pick to me.
14. Lindberg--good chance to be a bottom 6 NHL player. No chance to be a top 6. His cousin Tim Erixon just got traded. Wondering about how that's going to effect Oscar.
15. McColgan--Really like McColgan but he has some size issues. He plays a hard game for his size but I'm not sure he's got the talent to overcome that lack of size.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:56 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Everybody has different ways of looking at these things and no one's is necessarily particularly superior apart from the fact that there are probably a handful who have no clue.

Top 15--and I'm thinking I'll not be budging very much.

1. Kreider
2. Hagelin
3. Miller
4. Mcilrath
(so far I'm doing pretty good)
5. Skjei--size, skating and he knows how to play his position. The skating/size combination is a big deal. Going to a great college program. He easily projects IMO to at least a NHL top 4. Really no questions about him or his game--he just needs experience and development.
6. Fasth--I prefer keeping the h. The injury is a question. At the very least it sets back his development a bit.
7. Thomas--he's got good potential but he's no lock. More or less a top 6 player or bust.
8. St. Croix--Traverse City/training camp were not particularly good but he had an excellent year last year. Average size--but very creative. Maybe a lesser version of Stepan. He goes back to the WHL. He keeps it up--he should move up.
9. Nieves--looked good at the development camp. Great skater and a creative player. Good size. Red Berenson is going to be his coach for the next couple years. That in itself is worth something.
10. Hrivik--good size--came up big in the AHL playoffs. Seems to know how to finish. Questions about his skating.
11. Yogan--he may make a run at a job for the Rangers and is probably closer than a lot players but if he does make it he'll make it as a 4th liner and I don't see his NHL upside as more than a third liner. All in all that's very nice for a 4th rounder. A good pick.
12. Fogarty--Sometimes really hot in the BCHL and sometimes not so much. A really good prospect IMO but the coming year might tell us more about him than last year.
13. Andersson--looks like a really good sleeper pick to me.
14. Lindberg--good chance to be a bottom 6 NHL player. No chance to be a top 6. His cousin Tim Erixon just got traded. Wondering about how that's going to effect Oscar.
15. McColgan--Really like McColgan but he has some size issues. He plays a hard game for his size but I'm not sure he's got the talent to overcome that lack of size.
Swap Miller and Hags, then swap Skjei and Fast, and you've got my list.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Swap Miller and Hags, then swap Skjei and Fast, and you've got my list.
That's pretty good.