HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Farewell Sasha

Old
07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Farewell Sasha

Continue your whining, joy, indifference and bickering here.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
McPhee's perception might not be that Ribeiro is a slightly smaller problem.
Ribeiro has had run ins with the law, been kicked out of Montreal, is the league poster boy for diving, and takes the kind of shifts that would have Semin get Nylandered in a week. If his time in Dallas is any indication look forward to watching Backstrom seethe on the bench as Ribeiro dicks around on the ice for 3 minutes at a time. Semin has messed Ovechkin up by being quiet and skeptical? Wait till Ribeiro teaches him to womanize like a pro.

Of course, I don't think he's gonna kill this team with fire, but that's pretty much the exact same level of analysis Semin has been getting. Perhaps even more lenient.

If you're gonna go character his offseason moves are idiotic. If you're gonna go skill his offseason moves are idiotic as well.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Are you still going to be doing cartwheels when we fail to get past the 2nd round and lose Ribeiro?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Continue your whining, joy, indifference and bickering here.
You've got to be my favorite MOD on HF....well done.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Ribeiro has had run ins with the law, been kicked out of Montreal, is the league poster boy for diving, and takes the kind of shifts that would have Semin get Nylandered in a week. If his time in Dallas is any indication look forward to watching Backstrom seethe on the bench as Ribeiro dicks around on the ice for 3 minutes at a time. Semin has messed Ovechkin up by being quiet and skeptical? Wait till Ribeiro teaches him to womanize like a pro.

Of course, I don't think he's gonna kill this team with fire, but that's pretty much the exact same level of analysis Semin has been getting.

If you're gonna go character his offseason moves are idiotic. If you're gonna go skill his offseason moves are idiotic as well.

I'm well aware of Ribeiro's record. That's why I brought it up. A reasonable inference is that Semin's influence on the team is even worse.

And maybe, when Ribeiro is acting like an idiot, the captain won't be conflicted about calling out his best friend.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Halpysback

Quote:

I'm well aware of Ribeiro's record. That's why I brought it up. A reasonable inference is that Semin's influence on the team is even worse.
True. Ribeiro is Canadian after all. That automatically slashes his cancerousness by 87%.

If you're purging a team off of character issues you don't bring in Ribeiro. I get that McPhee is trying to walk some arbitrary line. In my opinion it's stupid as hell.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Are you still going to be doing cartwheels when we fail to get past the 2nd round and lose Ribeiro?
Ted will. Because he will be achieving the same results at a savings of near $7 million. That's good management.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Ted will. Because he will be achieving the same results at a savings of near $7 million. That's good management.
Not if we miss the playoffs because we have a grand total of who one guy knows what a snipe looks like.

Ask the Kings what that felt like the first half of last year.

Though perhaps McPhee can trade at the deadline for a skilled winger everyone always craps on and then we go all the way. LA model baby!

Old
07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

So let me see if I have this right, neither Ken Holland of the Detroit Red Wings or Ray Shero of the Pittsburgh Penguins saw something in Alex Semin that would make them believe that he'd be an ideal fit on a line centered by the likes of Pavel Datsyuk or Sidney Crosby.

Apparently, as of this writing none of his former Washington Capitals team mates have shared their sadness at his departure.

What can these aforementioned folks be missing about Semin that apparently many of the "informed" contributors on these boards have not.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Halpysback

I thought appeals to authority were reserved for us stupid college kids who don't know how the world works

Old
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
So let me see if I have this right, neither Ken Holland of the Detroit Red Wings or Ray Shero of the Pittsburgh Penguins saw something in Alex Semin that would make them believe that he'd be an ideal fit on a line centered by the likes of Pavel Datsyuk or Sidney Crosby.

Apparently, as of this writing none of his former Washington Capitals team mates have shared their sadness at his departure.

What can these aforementioned folks be missing about Semin that apparently many of the "informed" contributors on these boards have not.
That is a rather harsh indictment.

As I've said, I like Sasha, but what I want to see from GMGM is that he has a vision beyond just letting Semin walk for nothing. If he didn't want Alex on this team, he should've traded him a the deadline for SOMETHING... any argument that he couldn't get value is ridiculous since a late-round pick would be more than the absolute nothing we got.

But he didn't, so I am hoping there's a method to this madness. I want to see a plan to improve our offense, not just trade one roster vacancy for another. If he believes in this "addition by subtraction" stuff, then he better be damn sure we'll see some strong offense this coming year from either our current roster or another addition.

The moves this offseason -- outside of the draft -- have not looked orderly/rationale/deliberate to me at all.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post

NHL Execs and players aren't easily impressed by Euro skinny jeans, hoodies, and tight t-shirts?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Halpysback

Yeah Semin isn't broing out the right way. All the hard bros here could sure show him a thing or two.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
That is a rather harsh indictment.

As I've said, I like Sasha, but what I want to see from GMGM is that he has a vision beyond just letting Semin walk for nothing. If he didn't want Alex on this team, he should've traded him a the deadline for SOMETHING... any argument that he couldn't get value is ridiculous since a late-round pick would be more than the absolute nothing we got.

But he didn't, so I am hoping there's a method to this madness. I want to see a plan to improve our offense, not just trade one roster vacancy for another. If he believes in this "addition by subtraction" stuff, then he better be damn sure we'll see some strong offense this coming year from either our current roster or another addition.

The moves this offseason -- outside of the draft -- have not looked orderly/rationale/deliberate to me at all.
The truth always is.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Capitlols

Quote:

Sad but true.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
He would have needed a team willing to give up assets to acquire him....that wasn't happening.

Every NHL GM knew he was going UFA and wouldn't give up **** for him, if they even wanted him at all...which is obviously not the case from his underwhelming interest this offseason.

Mafki should have traded him years ago after the Montreal debacle...but he didn't...and Im just glad he didn't sign him for another year of Sasha.

Its over.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:34 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Yeah Semin isn't broing out the right way. All the hard bros here could sure show him a thing or two.
I've been putting off buying the Rosetta Stone software for some time, still such comments make me wonder if the purchase would be worth it.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I think the only format Rosetta Stone - Bro talk comes in is Gamecube. So you might be out of luck.

Bonus points to anyone that gets the reference.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Lynch the scapegoat!

We've run scapegoat after scapegoat out of town, yet the culture and playoff success levels remain the same. So now it was all Semin's fault? I can't wait for next off-season's explanations about how Schultz and Johansson were why our locker room sucked and we couldn't escape the second round.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Lynch the scapegoat!

We've run scapegoat after scapegoat out of town, yet the culture and playoff success levels remain the same. So now it was all Semin's fault? I can't wait for next off-season's explanations about how Schultz and Johansson were why our locker room sucked and we couldn't escape the second round.
How on Earth do you know that the culture and playoff success remain the same?

And when ex-teammates come out bashing Schultz and Johansson, this post might have a sliver of merit. As of right now, it's got none.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
He would have needed a team willing to give up assets to acquire him....that wasn't happening.

Every NHL GM knew he was going UFA and wouldn't give up **** for him, if they even wanted him at all...which is obviously not the case from his underwhelming interest this offseason.

Mafki should have traded him years ago after the Montreal debacle...but he didn't...and Im just glad he didn't sign him for another year of Sasha.

Its over.
I actually don't believe for 1 second that he couldn't get a late pick. More likely he thought he needed Alex for our grand postseason to come. My issue is with George's management of this player for years, and on that, it seems we agree -- even if our ideas differ on what good management would have looked like.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Atlas

It's like we got dumped by our girlfriend and we refuse to accept it. Emotions are high. And, in 5 years, we'll look back and laugh because the miserable witch did us such a huge favor.

Losing Semin is like that. And some of us are all ready to start asking out new girls.

("Miserable witch" is a little harsh for #28. Artistic license.)

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:44 PM
EHCler

Good luck with the Canes Sasha.

I actually think he is a decent fit there. Small market team he is not the star.

If a coach manages to channel is energy in the right way and keep his confidence up. Otherwise we will see more of the same from him.

He is not a bad kid just a shy reserved guy who gets misunderstood. I do not see that he is a jerk who looks down to his fellow players, but just being different.

So I actually wanted to keep him I think it is time to move on. We needed to get ride of a scapegoat some of our players where happy to hide behind.

EHCler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:46 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote