HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What now? (help for #6)

Old
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
There was a tweet during the press conference (haven't listened to it yet) that Poile "didn't exactly dismiss the idea" of offer sheeting Vorachek (per JR Lind).

True or false?
Im not sure how much we would offer but if its an offer that would require a 2nd round pick as compensation we cant do it.

I think more likely if Poile wants to go eye for eye he offer sheets giroux in a couple of years....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:31 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Remember we always seem to replace players from within and they seem to make the playoffs year in and year out. Remember Suter and Weber were young once and had to step up, now it's time for other young guys to step up. Josi, Ellis and Blum need to bring it. Ekholm needs to prove he belongs here. Klein needs to keep bringing it and be a veteran presence on the second pairing. Honestly, if Josi can hang with Weber on the first pair and Blum revisits his 2010 season and Ellis can step it up another level on the third pairing with Gill, I think we'll be just fine. If Blum can't do it, maybe Ekholm steps his game up. If neither are doing what they need to at camp Poile will find a veteran for the time being to pair with Klein or he'll move Gill up to play with Klein and find a vet to play with Ellis on the third pairing.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:42 PM
jrw
Rookie User

Doan would be a good fit. The Ducks aren't willing to trade Ryan to a team in the west.

jrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
thecloser

we're definitely going after Shane Doan.

http://smashville247.net/index.php/2...t-in-doan.html

Our only problem is we do not force things. We always seem to wait for the best time for the player instead of moving forward and putting an offer on the table. Doing what we always do usually means we lose the race for their services.

And DRW seems to be out of the race for Doan. That's good news for us.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....be_out_of.html

We should definitely get Colaiacovo before DRW does.

http://www.section303.com/why-carlo-...ashville-17235

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
RaiderDoug

I think the big eastern markets - Montreal, NYR, Philly would be our main competition for Doan. I don't know what LA was planning, but they were rumored to be a frontrunner as they would be closer to his family in Phx.

The Rangers are selling Doan as the missing piece of a Stanley Cup favorite. They might be right.

The last thing Philly needs is more offense at the expense of defense, but they need to make a splash, so they'll be in it.

I can't see how Montreal would be attractive in their rebuilding state.

Preds will bid, but considering we don't make moves like this very often, I'd be shocked if we landed him.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I think the big eastern markets - Montreal, NYR, Philly would be our main competition for Doan. I don't know what LA was planning, but they were rumored to be a frontrunner as they would be closer to his family in Phx.

The Rangers are selling Doan as the missing piece of a Stanley Cup favorite. They might be right.

The last thing Philly needs is more offense at the expense of defense, but they need to make a splash, so they'll be in it.

I can't see how Montreal would be attractive in their rebuilding state.

Preds will bid, but considering we don't make moves like this very often, I'd be shocked if we landed him.
IMO Philly doesn't fit for his character and playing style.

I think NYR is a good competitor, but we seem like a team that is similar to PHX in playing style and might be attractive to him now that Weber is back.

I'd say it has to be between Preds and NYR.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I would give Doan 15 Million for 2 years not 4. That 30 million number is insanity.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
thecloser

i just thought of this, TJ Oshie is taking STL to arbitration as a RFA. WHy don't we O/S a guy like Oshie. I know STL would probably have no choice but to match, but it would be a hell of a move to get him and why not atleast try?

Old
07-27-2012, 02:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i just thought of this, TJ Oshie is taking STL to arbitration as a RFA. WHy don't we O/S a guy like Oshie. I know STL would probably have no choice but to match, but it would be a hell of a move to get him and why not atleast try?
Offer sheets can't be made to those who have filed for arbitration.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Offer sheets can't be made to those who have filed for arbitration.
Ahh, that would explain it. thank you sir.