HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How are the Coyotes going to reach the cap floor?

Old
07-27-2012, 08:47 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Holmstrom has said its Detroit or retire for him. Doesn't want to move his family from the motor city. Waiting for Holland to tell him if they have plans for him or not. Its a shame, perfect candidate to play with the Sedins.
Knuble has come out and said he wants to end his career in Detroit.
Huselius has not been medically cleared to play.
Barker sucks. The Oilers chose to not qualify him. The Oilers biggest need is D.
Sturm sucks as well.
Fehr could pay off for a team
Kostitsyn is probably going to Russia.
Doan's the best bet. If he doesn't sign in Van, I want him to sign with u guys or the Jets. (I honestly think these 3 teams are the only ones in the running and he's just meeting with other teams to be polite since they'e shown interest in him, hence why anytime news leaks that a team is interested in him,reports come out he is interested in playing for that team as well)

I never said the Coyotes will be trading away assets for cap dumps btw (seems like ur thinking that). I meant teams pay Coyotes a very small fee for taking a bad contract. The fee would have been bigger if the Coyotes were not in need of the contract
If Doan signs elsewhere:

Middling pick and/or midling prospect (say Goncharov and a fifth) to Toronto for Lombardi or Connolly.

LaBarbera and Schlemko to Columbus for Steve Mason.

David Rundblad to Dallas for Brenden Morrow.

There, we've added a **** ton of salary.

07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Huh? I thought he was a teabagging, libertarian wingnut? As in end all government regulations. As in even the regulations on federal marriage definitions. Less of a Palin and more of a Paul. I could be wrong, though.
Nope, Thomas is firmly against same-sex marriage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7426--nhl.html

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:15 AM
hbk

Cap floor is a minor thing right now. A new CBA dictates everything and while the cap ceiling is high next year you can expect a severe reduction the year after with minimum time for teams to get into compliance. Maloney is actually set pretty well to take advantage of teams who have been to free with term and money. Similar to how the Oilers ended up with Pronger after the last lockout.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Jamieh

As a Leafs fan I would love to trade with you anyday. I don't know any Leaf fan who wouldn't just give you Lombardi and Connolly nevermind an actual trade.

Quote:
If Doan signs elsewhere:

Middling pick and/or midling prospect (say Goncharov and a fifth) to Toronto for Lombardi or Connolly.

LaBarbera and Schlemko to Columbus for Steve Mason.

David Rundblad to Dallas for Brenden Morrow.

There, we've added a **** ton of salary.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
I really hope we don't trade for Thomas even if it's just a cap deal thing because I don't want that homophobic wingnut anywhere close to our team.

Also, Doan isn't signing with the Jets. It's not going to happen, just deal with it.
Note to poster, being opposed to gay marriage doesn't make one a "homophope" any more than being against pedophilia makes one a "pedophobe".

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:12 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Note to poster, being opposed to gay marriage doesn't make one a "homophope" any more than being against pedophilia makes one a "pedophobe".
I don't agree with most of the stuff you say, but you are spot on here.

If we are going to spend 5 mil, it will be for a player that will play, not just waste away with his family.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

We wouldn't be spending 5 mil, we just get the cap hit.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
zz

Quote:
Huh? I thought he was a teabagging, libertarian wingnut? As in end all government regulations. As in even the regulations on federal marriage definitions. Less of a Palin and more of a Paul. I could be wrong, though.
Totally OT:

I think the libertarian point of view would be that marriage is not the goverment's business, whatever your sexual preference is. Leave that to the church.

France created something called PACS in 1999 to go around the religious debate. Same benefits as being married, no connection with gender, it also makes separations very clean, no court required. Marriage is still an official institution, but since option #2 came around, the number of PACS signed each year is greater than the number of marriage licenses.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Friendly reminder this isn't the politics forum.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote