HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Free Agency 2012 Part #2

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Kingsfan1

vCash: 500
Supposedly Pens and Red Wings are not in on Doan any longer and his agent said he hasn't spoken to LA in recent days but has been having continuous talks with Vancouver

Old
07-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree that a total rebuild isn't in order but they have several holes and signing Semin doesn't make them closer to being a legit contender. That was more my point. I think it will very interesting watching the Rags this year going yet again with a super-star line up and losing a bit of depth in the balance.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of teams saw the Kings winning as an eighth seed as a sign that you no longer have to be a "legit contender" to win it all - just sneak in and get hot.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This is the metallity of the Atlantic Division. Forget how many bullets you have, as long as you can drop the biggest bombs that's all it takes.
The Rangers didn't lose that much depth. Dubinsky is a quality player, but Hagelin can do a lot of the same things in all three zones that Dubinsky did and Kreider should match Anisimov's production. They simply didn't score enough goals last season and they knew it, that deal was to good to pass up.

That's going to be a pretty tough team come the playoffs, they have a strong and balanced roster.

Old
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan1 View Post
Supposedly Pens and Red Wings are not in on Doan any longer and his agent said he hasn't spoken to LA in recent days but has been having continuous talks with Vancouver
This guy is beginning to become "dwightmarish" in a way.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:03 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The Rangers didn't lose that much depth. Dubinsky is a quality player, but Hagelin can do a lot of the same things in all three zones that Dubinsky did and Kreider should match Anisimov's production. They simply didn't score enough goals last season and they knew it, that deal was to good to pass up.

That's going to be a pretty tough team come the playoffs, they have a strong and balanced roster.
Agree, the Rangers are the only team that doesn't have significant holes though.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I hope he goes to Vancouver or SJ. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike those teams more.

Doan's crying would fit in great with Burrows, Kesler and Lapiere. And his lack of professionalism would be a great match with Ryane Clowe if he goes in that direction.

BTW, how is "Rozy's" recovery from the blown out knee?

Old
07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I hope he goes to Vancouver or SJ. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike those teams more.

Doan's crying would fit in great with Burrows, Kesler and Lapiere. And his lack of professionalism would be a great match with Ryane Clowe if he goes in that direction.

BTW, how is "Rozy's" recovery from the blown out knee?
Didn't you hear? They had to amputate.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Didn't you hear? They had to amputate.
So that's who'll be watching the farm for Doan...ole peg leg.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
UFrom what I hear Semin took the best offer he had. What I cant understand is what the Canes our trying to do as an org. They are just barely a playoff team at this point and all that they have accomplished by signing Semin for one season is delay the inevitable by one season. Curious.
The Canes could also offer that much because they needed to get to the cap floor. They have 22 players signed and close to $13 mill in cap space left.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

J Staal needs a winger too?

Old
07-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
J Staal needs a winger too?
Jokinen-E.Staal-Skinner
Semin-J.Staal-Ruutu

That's a pretty decent group of top six forwards for the Hurricanes. Then in the bottom six they have LaRose, Tlusty, Nodl, Brent, Dwyer and Stewart. The Hurricanes stand a chance to compete for a playoff spot, that is if they can remain healthy and Jordan Staal emerges as a 2nd line C outside of the shadow of Crosby and Malkin.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Jokinen-E.Staal-Skinner
Semin-J.Staal-Ruutu

That's a pretty decent group of top six forwards for the Hurricanes. Then in the bottom six they have LaRose, Tlusty, Nodl, Brent, Dwyer and Stewart. The Hurricanes stand a chance to compete for a playoff spot, that is if they can remain healthy and Jordan Staal emerges as a 2nd line C outside of the shadow of Crosby and Malkin.
I definitely see them as the 8 seed this year.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I definitely see them as the 8 seed this year.
The one aspect of their team that I find concerning is their defense. They have one defensive defenseman in Tim Gleason and five to six offensive minded dmen in Pitkanen, Corvo, McBain, Faulk, Harrison, and one of Murphy or Gragnani.

They need a couple of strong defensive minded players on the blueline. Carolina gave up the sixth most goals per game at 2.89 and allowed the most shots on goal per game at 32.4. And Cam Ward isn't going to get much relief with Justin Peters as his backup.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Richie10

The Canes will go for a much more uptempo style next year, hence the Semin signing. I'm sure the thought process is to upgrade their goal scoring and let Ward bail them out when necessary.

I think they're a playoff team. I still do not think Tampa is a playoff team.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:57 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Jokinen-E.Staal-Skinner
Semin-J.Staal-Ruutu

I see the first line being, Semin-Staal-Staal with Jordan being the center because he's better at faceoffs and better defensively, but either way you can't go wrong.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:49 AM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
I see the first line being, Semin-Staal-Staal with Jordan being the center because he's better at faceoffs and better defensively, but either way you can't go wrong.
No, they will probably have 1-2 punch down the middle with Staal brothers.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

From Twitter:

Quote:
David Shoalts‏@dshoalts Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit Red Wings.
Speculation has it that the Flyers are the team that offered this ridiculous contract to Doan.

Quite interesting, however, that they have struck out on everyone so far, even though they have been the highest bidder.

I don't think the Kings will overpay for this guy...that seems, to me anyway, about $2.5 million per year and $10 million overall higher than his value.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
From Twitter:

Speculation has it that the Flyers are the team that offered this ridiculous contract to Doan.

Quite interesting, however, that they have struck out on everyone so far, even though they have been the highest bidder.

I don't think the Kings will overpay for this guy...that seems, to me anyway, about $2.5 million per year and $10 million overall higher than his value.
I'm ok with him going to the East. That just means come deadline we may look at Iginla as an option.

Old
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If someone offered him that deal, he would have signed. Not many are going to offer that kind of money to a 35+ contract that will remain on the books until the contract expires.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

wow at those numbers.

Old
07-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post53045077

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread