HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Giroux points the finger at Sidney Crosby for causing his wrist injuries

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Yes, insecurity is what brought me here. Am I really that transparent? Again, I know that it sucked to watch your team -- the best team ever assembled, a juggernaut that would romp to the finals -- fall apart in round one to your most hated rival. Especially after how smug you guys were. There will be plenty more playoff series between us where revenge can be exacted.

I don't believe that Schenn is going to shut down Malkin for the rest of their careers. I do, however, believe that Couturier will fair just fine against your beloved Geno, especially as his frame starts to fill out. You can dismiss his talent all you want, it'll just have to be played out over time. His impressive performance against Malkin when the two were on the ice against each other this past season is indisputable. As for Schenn, he's going to be a better version of Mike Richards in due time, and I look forward to watching him matched up against Crosby. He's a rare player with the strength to actually knock Sid off the puck, which is usually impossible.

Also, wink at someone else. I'm trying to talk hockey here, not get hit on.
you have a much different memory of the time leading up to that series than I do. I remember the consensus amongst any reasonable Pens fan being a general wish we weren't playing against the team that had the best chance to beat us in the first round. I remember being worried about our defense seemingly falling apart for no identifiable reason making it hard to fix. I remember being worried that Crosby had barely played hockey in the last year and a half leading up to that point and now he was playing beside Sullivan and Dupuis. But apparently my memory is fuzzy and I really was already planning the parade route in my head. Luckily that wasn't hard to do seeing as I remember the last one.

Old
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
You think a lot of yourself, don't you?
Kettle meet Pot. I knew you guys would get along.

Old
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Yes, insecurity is what brought me here. Am I really that transparent? Again, I know that it sucked to watch your team -- the best team ever assembled, a juggernaut that would romp to the finals -- fall apart in round one to your most hated rival. Especially after how smug you guys were. There will be plenty more playoff series between us where revenge can be exacted.

I don't believe that Schenn is going to shut down Malkin for the rest of their careers. I do, however, believe that Couturier will fair just fine against your beloved Geno, especially as his frame starts to fill out. You can dismiss his talent all you want, it'll just have to be played out over time. His impressive performance against Malkin when the two were on the ice against each other this past season is indisputable. As for Schenn, he's going to be a better version of Mike Richards in due time, and I look forward to watching him matched up against Crosby. He's a rare player with the strength to actually knock Sid off the puck, which is usually impossible.

Also, wink at someone else. I'm trying to talk hockey here, not get hit on.
Honestly, the entire Philly fan base seems insecure to me when it comes to the Pens. And has seemed so since he entered the league.

Like I said, not surprised some of you showed up here. Who are you trying to convince with some of those straw men you are throwing up anyways? Reread your posts and see why you all seem pretty insecure to us. Again, who are you trying to convince with some of this crap? Seems a lot like you are trying to convince yourselves.

Old
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

I can already see this is going to be a thread to ignore. Nothing but ****-tossing back and forth between two fan bases that hate each other so much that common courtesy and logic get thrown out the window.

Bravo, the off-season keeps getting worse on these boards.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
I can already see this is going to be a thread to ignore. Nothing but ****-tossing back and forth between two fan bases that hate each other so much that common courtesy and logic get thrown out the window.

Bravo, the off-season keeps getting worse on these boards.
Nah, every now and then a thread gets posted here that Philly fans do not like, so some come here and throw out silly stuff, get into arguments, and get it closed because they do not like reading it.

Happens almost every time.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:06 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
you have a much different memory of the time leading up to that series than I do. I remember the consensus amongst any reasonable Pens fan being a general wish we weren't playing against the team that had the best chance to beat us in the first round. I remember being worried about our defense seemingly falling apart for no identifiable reason making it hard to fix. I remember being worried that Crosby had barely played hockey in the last year and a half leading up to that point and now he was playing beside Sullivan and Dupuis.
From our end: The general consensus in the national media was that the Penguins would beat the Flyers. Same as you, the thought was the Penguins had the best chance to knock us out of the first round. Individuals wanted to face Florida instead. Our end was fear about our goaltender falling apart and hoping Crosby was not back in the swing of things.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
I'm trying to talk hockey here, not get hit on.
I'm here to get hit on.

07-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Smug? Only one that has been a smug here is Claude "I thought we were going walk over New Jersey" Giroux. Dont blame Pens fans if the media put unreal expectations on the Penguins.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:09 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Did anyone stop to think his wrist injury had something to do with Jagr's groin injury?

Old
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Honestly, the entire Philly fan base seems insecure to me when it comes to the Pens. And has seemed so since he entered the league.
That is called "projection." Calling someone "insecure" rather than debating a point is often a sign of insecurity. No one I know in Philadelphia cares about Pittsburgh one iota except when the Flyers play the Penguins, and your city is not a natural rival to ours. You're third on the list in the Atlantic after the Devils and the Rangers, and you'd be dead last if the Islanders had played any meaningful hockey in the past eight years. Frankly, the Pens shouldn't even be in an "Atlantic" division. The Capitals make far more sense.

Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Good to hear the waaaaambulance got to Claude before he cried himself into dehydration.

The difference in mentalities between Giroux and Crosby is that Sid has the discretion to keep on-ice battles with individual players where they belong...on the ice.

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
From our end: The general consensus in the national media was that the Penguins would beat the Flyers. Same as you, the thought was the Penguins had the best chance to knock us out of the first round. Individuals wanted to face Florida instead. Our end was fear about our goaltender falling apart and hoping Crosby was not back in the swing of things.
so somehow that turns into you trolling saying we thought we were the best team ever assembled multiple times. Got it.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Did anyone stop to think his wrist injury had something to do with Jagr's groin injury?

Old
07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm here to get hit on.
I see that your username has my username in it

I am glad we have such a healthy rivalry. The Pens got the best of the Flyers the past few times they met in the postseason and won the Cup one of those times. I know it made it sweeter for me that the Flyers were defeated along the way to it. Just as I am sure it would be sweeter for the Flyers to defeat the Pens in a year when they are able to win the Cup again.

Two good teams in PA is good for the league and good for hockey. I just hope my team comes out on top more often than not.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
That is called "projection." Calling someone "insecure" rather than debating a point is often a sign of insecurity. No one I know in Philadelphia cares about Pittsburgh one iota except when the Flyers play the Penguins, and your city is not a natural rival to ours. You're third on the list in the Atlantic after the Devils and the Rangers, and you'd be dead last if the Islanders had played any meaningful hockey in the past eight years. Frankly, the Pens shouldn't even be in an "Atlantic" division. The Capitals make far more sense.
this guy right here is making things up or he doesn't have many hockey-fan friends in Philly. You're right about other sports but ask any player on the Flyers who their top rival is and they say the Penguins 10 times out of 10.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Smug? Only one that has been a smug here is Claude "I thought we were going walk over New Jersey" Giroux. Dont blame Pens fans if the media put unreal expectations on the Penguins.
When did Giroux say that?

By all reports, off ice, Giroux is a soft spoken, laid back, nice guy. He doesn't have that kind of airs to him. Watch interviews with him.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
It is a divergence from the topic, but the whole Crysby, hell I have been around long enough to see the avatars some sported with Crosby in a diaper. Every Crosby/Pens thread on the main boards has had a lot of Flyer fans pile on over the years. And on and on. It sure seems like an obsession to me. I just calls em as I sees em.

But like I said the topic is Giroux's comments, and as it is the Pens' board, so why are you surprised that a lot of us are enjoying the irony? If people do not like seeing that stuff, well you should expect as much on our board. I do when I look on the Flyer's board. The rest has been a divergence from the topic as I said.

Old
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
so somehow that turns into you trolling saying we thought we were the best team ever assembled multiple times. Got it.
I never said that. Maybe you're referring to Amateur Hour.

Old
Saku11

Quote:
When did Giroux say that?

By all reports, off ice, Giroux is a soft spoken, laid back, nice guy. He doesn't have that kind of airs to him. Watch interviews with him.
Rght after the series ended. And instead of soft spoken , laid back , nice guy he is more like little *****. yeah, this is how nice guys act..

Old
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
this guy right here is making things up or he doesn't have many hockey-fan friends in Philly. You're right about other sports but ask any player on the Flyers who their top rival is and they say the Penguins 10 times out of 10.
100% correct.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Rght after the series ended. And instead of soft spoken , laid back , nice guy he is more like little *****. yeah, this is how nice guys act..
Now, see, I can understand that would be confusing.

But c'mon. I have plenty of friends who are really nice guys who aren't exempt from trolling once in awhile.

He was having some fun with the rivalry. Big leap from that to throwing asterisks around.

If it helps you to get a little more amped before a game to dislike Roo, that's okay too. Flyers fans get hyperbolic about Sidney's antics, which are probably based in trying to do anything to help his team win.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Now, see, I can understand that would be confusing.

But c'mon. I have plenty of friends who are really nice guys who aren't exempt from trolling once in awhile.

He was having some fun with the rivalry. Big leap from that to throwing asterisks around.

If it helps you to get a little more amped before a game to dislike Roo, that's okay too. Flyers fans get hyperbolic about Sidney's antics, which are probably based in trying to do anything to help his team win.

1:12 , the audio is pretty unclear, but it sounds like he is saying "i think, i think we going to walk over New jersey" pardon me if that isnt what he says.

Old
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Nah he is probably too busy diving. He is the biggest diver in the league. Now, i dont mind a little gamesmanship here and there, but even Flyers fans have to admit that his flopping was embarrassing in the first round.
lolwut? Videos please?

Oh and why Sid so scared of Schenn?

Old
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Is he supposed to give them the puck and blow them kisses>

Old
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Claude Giroux said it after the game Tuesday night: “I think we were thinking we were going to walk over to New Jersey and they’ll fall a little bit. I guess we’ve got to learn from it.”

Closed Thread