HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency 2012 Part #3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
  #1
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,085
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Free Agency 2012 Part #3

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

LoL, that's ridiculous. Looks like Doan is staying in Phoenix.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
  #2
MollerManor
Registered User
 
MollerManor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Hilarious.... but mostly absurd.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
  #3
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

LoL, that's ridiculous. Looks like Doan is staying in Phoenix.
Someone might give it to him. Dean won't.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM
  #4
Crowned Cup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
F Shane Doan.

Crowned Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
  #5
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
LoL, that's ridiculous. Looks like Doan is staying in Phoenix.
That's what I thought too, who would overpay that much on a 35+ contract? Then a looming vision of a man in a marine buzz cut with a gravely Clint Eastwood voice appeared...Homer wouild...(shaking head...they'll never learn...you build a championship you don't buy it)

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
  #6
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,788
vCash: 500
I doubt Shane EXPECTS to get that much. Nothing wrong with asking for the moon.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
  #7
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I doubt Shane EXPECTS to get that much. Nothing wrong with asking for the moon.
Exactly. He is committed to his team. His attitude is "**** everyone else, unless of course they're willing to make me a far richer man." It's very respectable.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
  #8
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,398
vCash: 500
I'm ok with him going back to Phoenix. I just don't want SJ or Vanc to get him.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:52 PM
  #9
Nefarious
Classless Doty
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: King's Landing
Country: United States
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Would've been nice to have him, but not at that price. See ya Doan!

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:54 PM
  #10
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 13,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I'm ok with him going back to Phoenix. I just don't want SJ or Vanc to get him.
I don't see SJ or Van paying that steep price either. I also believe that Phila did offer Doan that ridiculous contract and he is just waiting on what happens in Phoenix.


Last edited by Ron: 07-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:03 PM
  #11
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
That's what I thought too, who would overpay that much on a 35+ contract? Then a looming vision of a man in a marine buzz cut with a gravely Clint Eastwood voice appeared...Homer wouild...(shaking head...they'll never learn...you build a championship you don't buy it)
Glen Sather or Paul Holmgren would.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
  #12
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Realistically Doan gets around $5.5M, regardless of where he signs.

Hoping he stays in Phoenix, I have a feeling they are going to step back unless Sullivan goes all Whitney. Lots of UFA next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn the team over to the youth. They have a solid D core, plenty to build on.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:25 AM
  #13
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
A side of me wants doan to sign in Van. Just so I can hate him and the canucks more. Lol imagine if they get mike smith too in a trade. Man would the hatred be off the scale towards them

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:41 AM
  #14
Mike Carr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
I would like us to add one more player as I always believe you need to keep improving to stay ahead of the pack - although we have lots of upside with what we have
I think with lots of teams with money to spend and no top players left for free there could be some big trades. If the Ducks did trade Ryan I reckon there would be lots of teams offering a lot. Probably a good time for any teams who want to re-build - Calgary should be trading there best I.E Iginla

Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
  #15
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner
 
DoktorJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown > Shane Doan

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:16 PM
  #16
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,202
vCash: 500
I am very content with our lineup as it stands, it to me has the chance to make a serious push. Most my questions are internal team questions.

Which Doughty shows up?
Will Quick be fatigued?
Will Payne right PP?

And the big ones

Will Penner and Gagne have the seasons expected of top 6 players


For the first time we have both top 6 and bottom 6th depth. See how the season plays out and that will dictate trade chatter. On paper we should be in the running for a deadline Iginla, and that would be a huge shot in the arm. As of now I am happy to play out the first 20 and see which team shows up.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:24 PM
  #17
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Exactly. He is committed to his team. His attitude is "**** everyone else, unless of course they're willing to make me a far richer man." It's very respectable.
Yeah, pretty much.

This is why I love this guy-loyalty and character.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:48 PM
  #18
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,402
vCash: 500
Sounds like Doan is done with the Coyotes.
http://twitter.com/L_A_theRiver/stat...76872326909952
Quote:
Time has run out on Doan and the Coyotes. Agent now awaits his signal to negotiate a contract elsewhere. Not even a call from Jamison! #NHL

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:03 PM
  #19
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,085
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Doan is certainly drumming up the drama and milking the moment for all its worth. Will be interesting to see if Phoenix caves and gives in or what type of deal he settles for elsewhere.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:25 PM
  #20
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,757
vCash: 500
I don't want Doan for that price and I bet Lombardi feels the same way.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
  #21
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I am very content with our lineup as it stands, it to me has the chance to make a serious push. Most my questions are internal team questions.

Which Doughty shows up?
Will Quick be fatigued?
Will Payne right PP?

And the big ones

Will Penner and Gagne have the seasons expected of top 6 players


For the first time we have both top 6 and bottom 6th depth. See how the season plays out and that will dictate trade chatter. On paper we should be in the running for a deadline Iginla, and that would be a huge shot in the arm. As of now I am happy to play out the first 20 and see which team shows up.
I completely agree with this analysis. I especially like how none of your primary concerns revolve around rookies but instead are all how the team will play and hold up for the playoffs.

Any tinkering we do we have to look first at if we'll break something else. But I also believe it is still possible to improve and it can be done at the expense of our rivals in the West. Vancouver already improved by making Schneider their #1 goalie and returning Daniel Sedin. If they add Doan, that could be bad. If we add Doan, that's almost a two-player swing, if it comes down to us or Vancouver.

But...if we chill and wait for Iginla, this may also be an option as Iggy flat out is just a better player than Shane.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
  #22
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Doan is certainly drumming up the drama and milking the moment for all its worth. Will be interesting to see if Phoenix caves and gives in or what type of deal he settles for elsewhere.
How do we know this is Doan? How do we know if this is even true? Some of you are being a bit dramatic, imo. He can ask for whatever he wants.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
  #23
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27,198
vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
How do we know this is Doan? How do we know if this is even true? Some of you are being a bit dramatic, imo. He can ask for whatever he wants.
Like Steve Nash, I wouldn't be surprised if Doan made up his mind on who to sign with if the circumstances are not ideal come the end of the contract for quite sometime. Like Nash, Doan has alot invested in Phoenix and just can't vision being too far away from what has been established for years. Like Nash, Doan is more concerned about getting a ring than anything else so money is not that important.

Right now, LA is the most ideal for Doan and I would be shocked if he didn't end up in either LA or Phoenix.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:53 PM
  #24
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Like Steve Nash, I wouldn't be surprised if Doan made up his mind on who to sign with if the circumstances are not ideal come the end of the contract for quite sometime. Like Nash, Doan has alot invested in Phoenix and just can't vision being too far away from what has been established for years. Like Nash, Doan is more concerned about getting a ring than anything else so money is not that important.

Right now, LA is the most ideal for Doan and I would be shocked if he didn't end up in either LA or Phoenix.
I totally agree. Doan wants to win. And if he sees that being LA, that would be great. I wouldn't be concerned about the money or length because I know Dean would do what's best. As for he asking for a lot of money, I don't think he expects that kind of money, but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there.

It really sucks that he has to leave because of the future of the Coyotes in Arizona. I just really hope he doesn't land on the Canucks. That would be pretty hard to cheer for

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:57 PM
  #25
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,085
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
How do we know this is Doan? How do we know if this is even true? Some of you are being a bit dramatic, imo. He can ask for whatever he wants.
Well, he is just a hockey player. Obviously he is paying his agent to drum up the drama and waive his contract offers in Phoenix's face, but ultimately Doan is in charge. He decides what he settles for and given how he has dragged this out with them it is quite obvious that he wants to stay, but wants a payday and is using his leverage as one of Phoenix's only and main stars to raise the price.

I honestly don't care whatsoever about Doan. I don't care if we get him or lose him, but it is funny to watch them draw this out. It is like an old married couple arguing, and he is the one constantly threatening to leave and mentioning how much action he can get elsewhere. It's childish and all you can do is roll your eyes and tell them to go do it already.


Last edited by Telos: 07-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.