HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency 2012 Part #3

Old
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Free Agency 2012 Part #3

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

LoL, that's ridiculous. Looks like Doan is staying in Phoenix.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
MollerManor

vCash: 500
Hilarious.... but mostly absurd.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

Someone might give it to him. Dean won't.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Crowned Cup

F Shane Doan.

Crowned Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
That's what I thought too, who would overpay that much on a 35+ contract? Then a looming vision of a man in a marine buzz cut with a gravely Clint Eastwood voice appeared...Homer wouild...(shaking head...they'll never learn...you build a championship you don't buy it)

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
johnjm22

I doubt Shane EXPECTS to get that much. Nothing wrong with asking for the moon.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I doubt Shane EXPECTS to get that much. Nothing wrong with asking for the moon.
Exactly. He is committed to his team. His attitude is "**** everyone else, unless of course they're willing to make me a far richer man." It's very respectable.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I'm ok with him going back to Phoenix. I just don't want SJ or Vanc to get him.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Would've been nice to have him, but not at that price. See ya Doan!

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I'm ok with him going back to Phoenix. I just don't want SJ or Vanc to get him.
I don't see SJ or Van paying that steep price either. I also believe that Phila did offer Doan that ridiculous contract and he is just waiting on what happens in Phoenix.

Last edited by Ron: 07-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
That's what I thought too, who would overpay that much on a 35+ contract? Then a looming vision of a man in a marine buzz cut with a gravely Clint Eastwood voice appeared...Homer wouild...(shaking head...they'll never learn...you build a championship you don't buy it)
Glen Sather or Paul Holmgren would.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Fishhead

Realistically Doan gets around $5.5M, regardless of where he signs.

Hoping he stays in Phoenix, I have a feeling they are going to step back unless Sullivan goes all Whitney. Lots of UFA next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn the team over to the youth. They have a solid D core, plenty to build on.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:25 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

A side of me wants doan to sign in Van. Just so I can hate him and the canucks more. Lol imagine if they get mike smith too in a trade. Man would the hatred be off the scale towards them

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:41 AM
Mike Carr

I would like us to add one more player as I always believe you need to keep improving to stay ahead of the pack - although we have lots of upside with what we have
I think with lots of teams with money to spend and no top players left for free there could be some big trades. If the Ducks did trade Ryan I reckon there would be lots of teams offering a lot. Probably a good time for any teams who want to re-build - Calgary should be trading there best I.E Iginla

Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Dustin Brown > Shane Doan

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:16 PM
funky

I am very content with our lineup as it stands, it to me has the chance to make a serious push. Most my questions are internal team questions.

Which Doughty shows up?
Will Quick be fatigued?
Will Payne right PP?

And the big ones

Will Penner and Gagne have the seasons expected of top 6 players

For the first time we have both top 6 and bottom 6th depth. See how the season plays out and that will dictate trade chatter. On paper we should be in the running for a deadline Iginla, and that would be a huge shot in the arm. As of now I am happy to play out the first 20 and see which team shows up.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:24 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Exactly. He is committed to his team. His attitude is "**** everyone else, unless of course they're willing to make me a far richer man." It's very respectable.
Yeah, pretty much.

This is why I love this guy-loyalty and character.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sounds like Doan is done with the Coyotes.
http://twitter.com/L_A_theRiver/stat...76872326909952
Quote:
Time has run out on Doan and the Coyotes. Agent now awaits his signal to negotiate a contract elsewhere. Not even a call from Jamison! #NHL

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Doan is certainly drumming up the drama and milking the moment for all its worth. Will be interesting to see if Phoenix caves and gives in or what type of deal he settles for elsewhere.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:25 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I don't want Doan for that price and I bet Lombardi feels the same way.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I am very content with our lineup as it stands, it to me has the chance to make a serious push. Most my questions are internal team questions.

Which Doughty shows up?
Will Quick be fatigued?
Will Payne right PP?

And the big ones

Will Penner and Gagne have the seasons expected of top 6 players

For the first time we have both top 6 and bottom 6th depth. See how the season plays out and that will dictate trade chatter. On paper we should be in the running for a deadline Iginla, and that would be a huge shot in the arm. As of now I am happy to play out the first 20 and see which team shows up.
I completely agree with this analysis. I especially like how none of your primary concerns revolve around rookies but instead are all how the team will play and hold up for the playoffs.

Any tinkering we do we have to look first at if we'll break something else. But I also believe it is still possible to improve and it can be done at the expense of our rivals in the West. Vancouver already improved by making Schneider their #1 goalie and returning Daniel Sedin. If they add Doan, that could be bad. If we add Doan, that's almost a two-player swing, if it comes down to us or Vancouver.

But...if we chill and wait for Iginla, this may also be an option as Iggy flat out is just a better player than Shane.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Doan is certainly drumming up the drama and milking the moment for all its worth. Will be interesting to see if Phoenix caves and gives in or what type of deal he settles for elsewhere.
How do we know this is Doan? How do we know if this is even true? Some of you are being a bit dramatic, imo. He can ask for whatever he wants.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
How do we know this is Doan? How do we know if this is even true? Some of you are being a bit dramatic, imo. He can ask for whatever he wants.
Like Steve Nash, I wouldn't be surprised if Doan made up his mind on who to sign with if the circumstances are not ideal come the end of the contract for quite sometime. Like Nash, Doan has alot invested in Phoenix and just can't vision being too far away from what has been established for years. Like Nash, Doan is more concerned about getting a ring than anything else so money is not that important.

Right now, LA is the most ideal for Doan and I would be shocked if he didn't end up in either LA or Phoenix.

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Like Steve Nash, I wouldn't be surprised if Doan made up his mind on who to sign with if the circumstances are not ideal come the end of the contract for quite sometime. Like Nash, Doan has alot invested in Phoenix and just can't vision being too far away from what has been established for years. Like Nash, Doan is more concerned about getting a ring than anything else so money is not that important.

Right now, LA is the most ideal for Doan and I would be shocked if he didn't end up in either LA or Phoenix.
I totally agree. Doan wants to win. And if he sees that being LA, that would be great. I wouldn't be concerned about the money or length because I know Dean would do what's best. As for he asking for a lot of money, I don't think he expects that kind of money, but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there.

It really sucks that he has to leave because of the future of the Coyotes in Arizona. I just really hope he doesn't land on the Canucks. That would be pretty hard to cheer for

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Well, he is just a hockey player. Obviously he is paying his agent to drum up the drama and waive his contract offers in Phoenix's face, but ultimately Doan is in charge. He decides what he settles for and given how he has dragged this out with them it is quite obvious that he wants to stay, but wants a payday and is using his leverage as one of Phoenix's only and main stars to raise the price.

I honestly don't care whatsoever about Doan. I don't care if we get him or lose him, but it is funny to watch them draw this out. It is like an old married couple arguing, and he is the one constantly threatening to leave and mentioning how much action he can get elsewhere. It's childish and all you can do is roll your eyes and tell them to go do it already.

Last edited by Telos: 07-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.