HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buf-NYI

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2012, 05:15 AM
original islander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Good news our D coach is in tight with a stick manufacturer.
Marty was brutal last year and didn't appear motivated. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:20 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
A couple of hockey sticks would be nice.
To be generous, we'll throw in a conditional 7th if either of those break during a PK or scoring chance.

Old
07-28-2012, 06:24 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
A couple of hockey sticks would be nice.
Maybe a spare dman or two along with a couple of sticks from teppo's stick company?

Old
07-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Sparksrus3

Marty Reasoner for
An order of buffalo wings
And
Blue cheese
And
Extra napkins
I hope I am not asking to much.If I have to add a pick I will.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:11 AM
LotteryForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Average defenseman at best? My good friend, you are not familiar with the talents of Andrej Sekera. We'll hapilly keep him though barring a overpayment
he's an average nhl defenseman. relax. you talk about him like he's ryan suter yet he appears in every trade proposal by sabre fans. He barely makes our top six. He's not in the same league as Streit, Visnovsky or Hamonic. I'd take MacDonald over him. And Donovan and deHaan will be better than him in a year or two

Last edited by LotteryForLife: 07-28-2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old
07-28-2012, 07:15 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
he's an average nhl defenseman. relax. you talk about him like he's ryan suter yet he appears in every trade proposal by sabre fans. He barely makes our top six. He's not in the same league as Streit, Visnovsky or Hamonic. I'd take MacDonald over him. And Donovan and deHaan will be better than him in a year or two
He was buffalos besr defensemen last year....outplayed myers and ehrhoff....also on a great contract.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:27 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
What would Islander fans want for Reasoner?

Long Island didn't seem to agree with him, but he's still one of the league's better 4th line centers at 35 years of age. We'd actually kind of prefer old, right now - old comes cheaper and we're mainly only looking for stopgap centers anyway.
Nothing.
His F/O percentage was 53.0

Unless a youngster beats Reasoner out in camp and Reasoner is blocking that deserving prospect, then the isles might as well keep Reasoner for his face off ability, hoping he bounces back to 12 goals range.

Not much interest in getting a mid round pick, that probably won't even reach the nhl or an ahl warm body.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 07-28-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old
07-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
What would Islander fans want for Reasoner?

Long Island didn't seem to agree with him, but he's still one of the league's better 4th line centers at 35 years of age. We'd actually kind of prefer old, right now - old comes cheaper and we're mainly only looking for stopgap centers anyway.
In all seriousness a late round pick, a spare d-man, or spare PK forward would all fit the bill. His value has got to be low so I wouldn't expect anything more than a depth asset.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:40 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
In all seriousness a late round pick, a spare d-man, or spare PK forward would all fit the bill. His value has got to be low so I wouldn't expect anything more than a depth asset.
Pardy?

Old
07-28-2012, 02:27 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Oh god, someone bring jame over here to tell this guy whats good

Old
07-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
No offense, but that's, like, a really lame response. Like, really lame.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
You forgot the "...." after "No offense".
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that you didn't know enough about either team to realize that was a horrible proposal. Next time I'll dumb it down for you.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Sekera would be your best defenseman. Though that really isn't saying much...

Old
07-28-2012, 10:31 PM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Visnovsky, Streit, and Hamonic should all be better, though none of them are so much better that Sekera couldn't have a better season than them, especially if Streit or Visnovsky begin to show their age.

As for Macdonald and de Haan, it's hard to say. For it's worth, our parent site (Hockey's Future) had Sekera ranked higher than either of them, though they're often wrong, and he's met or exceeded expectations since the time he was a prospect. He still has room to grow, too. Of course, Macdonald and de Haan have more room to grow. Suffice to say Rej is better right now, and there's considerable doubt as whether either of those Isles prospects will ever be better.

Quote:
If we re-sign him, how about Patrick Kaleta? Most Sabres fans would hate losing him, but I think Tropp can replace him. Kaleta can hit, agitate, PK, and has a nice "rolling the dice" goal celebration.

A 3rd round pick is always an option too.

As for spare d-man... normally, I'd say Mike Weber's your man. He's NHL-ready now and brings a truculence that's missing from the Isles' stable of mostly offensive dman prospects. But Weber and Ott are pillow-fight buddies, and I'm reluctant to trade him right now for the same reason I didn't want to trade Leopold the same offseason we landed Regehr. I'd like to see Weber given one more chance on this squad before we let him go to where he's needed.

Old
07-28-2012, 10:48 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Visnovsky, Streit, and Hamonic should all be better, though none of them are so much better that Sekera couldn't have a better season than them, especially if Streit or Visnovsky begin to show their age.

As for Macdonald and de Haan, it's hard to say. For it's worth, our parent site (Hockey's Future) had Sekera ranked higher than either of them, though they're often wrong, and he's met or exceeded expectations since the time he was a prospect. He still has room to grow, too. Of course, Macdonald and de Haan have more room to grow. Suffice to say Rej is better right now, and there's considerable doubt as whether either of those Isles prospects will ever be better.

If we re-sign him, how about Patrick Kaleta? Most Sabres fans would hate losing him, but I think Tropp can replace him. Kaleta can hit, agitate, PK, and has a nice "rolling the dice" goal celebration.

A 3rd round pick is always an option too.

As for spare d-man... normally, I'd say Mike Weber's your man. He's NHL-ready now and brings a truculence that's missing from the Isles' stable of mostly offensive dman prospects. But Weber and Ott are pillow-fight buddies, and I'm reluctant to trade him right now for the same reason I didn't want to trade Leopold the same offseason we landed Regehr. I'd like to see Weber given one more chance on this squad before we let him go to where he's needed.
25 yr old MacDonald plays quality, 1st pairing mins. Over 23 mins a game.

The isles have Carkner signed for 3 yrs,adding truculence.
They also have Mayfield and Pedan, two big, physical blueline prospects.

Old
07-29-2012, 04:51 AM
LotteryForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
He was buffalos besr defensemen last year....outplayed myers and ehrhoff....also on a great contract.
That's not saying a whole lot. It's like saying "he was columbus' best goalie last year"

Old
07-29-2012, 04:52 AM
LotteryForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Uhh...How bout no. He's a garbage can

Old
07-29-2012, 04:59 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
you forgot the

Old
07-30-2012, 10:00 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Somebody obviously has NO clue what he's talking about....also remember when the islanders wanted Ehrhoff very badly and he laughed at your offer for more money then buffalo offered? He was better then that guy.....so Id look before id post. You just look ignorant saying things like that.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:09 AM
kirby11

Would the isles be able to do a rick nash type deal for vanek?
Starting with vanek for nielsen+ (we desperately need an ACTUAL third line center, I don't trust leino in that role and have no idea if ott can play center well)
Vanek for nielsen+good top 6 winger? Not sure how that value is.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:14 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

Quote:
You really need to relax. Sekera's a very good defenseman.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Oh god, someone bring jame over here to tell this guy whats good
not worth the time...

Old
07-30-2012, 10:15 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Would the isles be able to do a rick nash type deal for vanek?
Starting with vanek for nielsen+ (we desperately need an ACTUAL third line center, I don't trust leino in that role and have no idea if ott can play center well)
Vanek for nielsen+good top 6 winger? Not sure how that value is.
We don't really have the room for Vanek, and I doubt Wang would be willing to pay that contract.

What you're asking for sounds like Nielsen, Grabner, Ness, 1st.

Grabner >> Dubinsky
Nielsen = Anisimov
Ness << Erixon
1st = 1st

That would destroy our depth since all we need is a 2nd line center.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:16 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Bandwagon since 2008

Quote:
Somebody obviously has NO clue what he's talking about....also remember when the islanders wanted Ehrhoff very badly and he laughed at your offer for more money then buffalo offered? He was better then that guy.....so Id look before id post. You just look ignorant saying things like that.
Buffalo offered a frontloaded contract and the Islanders didn't. And the Sabres offered more money.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:17 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Sekera is not a sexy d-man, but he was definitely the most consistent guy on the Sabres blueline last year, and for several years running. He's a staple on the top pairing for the Slovaks with Chara. He faces the highest qualcom of any Sabres d-man and manages to be a + player. He's a good skater with a good outlet pass and rarely gets beat in one-on-ones.

Yeah, he'd barely make your top 6.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Noreaster96

Quote:
But the sabres fan who claimed sekera would be the isles best dman has a clue?

Closed Thread