HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Organization Report

Old
07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Three teams mostly finished thus far; I'll try to do one a day at least.

bluesfan94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Bolt32

1) Starting Line-up

Forward Lines
Purcell - Stamkos - St.Louis
Malone - Lecavalier - J.T Brown
Benoit Pouliot - Pyatt - Crombeen
Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Defensive Pairings
Hedman-Brewer
Carl-Salo
Lee-Mikkelson
Aulie-Bergeron

Goaltenders
Lindback
Garon

Scratches
Wyman

Top Call-ups
Brett Connolly, RW
Alexander Killhorn, C
Cory Conacher, RW
Radko Gudas, D
Mark Barberio, D
Tyler Johnson, C

2) Description
Steven Stamkos
Top Line center, and best sniper in the league. Constant goal scoring threat, while not being a liability in his own end. Probably the only lock for 50 goals by a player in the league.

Vincent Lecavalier
second center, though could be a number still on plenty of teams in the league. Has been rounding out his game since not being able to put up the monster seasons that he did previously, though still is a threat. Fully recovered from injuries may see him as a resurgence of sort, though I think that is wishful thinking. With that said, as a second line center, it hard to find a better one. Can easily fill in the top line if needed.

Marty St.Louis
Heart and soul player, can take over a game at a moments noticed. Still one of the best players in the league, even though he is climbing up there in age. Time and time again he can not only keep up with the young kids, but absolutely leave them in there dusts. A deadly play maker, who the opposing teams should never take lightly. A future hall of fame player, and will be quick to remind anyone that tunes in to watch him play.

LindBack
Young netminder brought in from Nashville, looking for his chance to shine. He will get that in Tampa. Big kid, who unfortuantely the Bolts post season will depend on whether he can show up and play average or better. If he can, the Bolts are a lock for the playoffs. If not we will be in the same position as last year. I think he may struggle for a bit, but with Garon backing him up it shouldn't allow things to get too out of hand. By the end of the season, after a few bumps in the road he will prove to everyone that he is a legit Number 1 goalie.

3) Wants
a) Top 2 Defensemen, or number 1 defensemen
b) Defensive prospects
c) Legit number 1 goalie. (If Lindback/Helenius fails.)

4) Surplus
a) Offensive prospects.
b) Goalie Prospects

Trade Bait
a) Mathiue Garon
b) Marc Andre Bergeron
c) Adam Hall

5) Prospects
1. Cory Conacher, RW, ready by this season or 2013
Small diminitive forward, but dominates in every level he has played. A true play maker, who seems to be a clone of his Idol (Martin St.Louis.)

2. Alexander Killhorn, C, ready by:2013-2014
Talented offensive force, in a mold of a power forward. Not afraid to throw his weight around, at the same time has the skill level to make him a staple in the top 6. Probably needs a year in the AHL to get used to professional hockey, but don't be surprised to see him called up at some point this season. When up, he may make the choice a very hard one on the management staff as to whether or not he stays. Hes currently fighting for a spot on the roster in Camp, and expect him to make things diffucult for the front office staff.

3. Mark Barberio, D, Ready by:2013
Offensive defensemen who has top 4 written all over him. The AHL's defensemen of the year, and a great great puck mover. Something the Lightning needed this past season. Will get to see time on the big club if injuries occur, but will probably start in the AHL. He will be a top 4 defensemen for the Bolts in the near future. May actually become a top pairing defensemen if he hits his ceiling, though that is doubtful. Still a possibility though. Needs to shore up on his own end a bit, but really really close to the NHL currently.

6) Strengths
a) Offense
b) Powerplay (potentially, if we learn how to keep the puck away from the other team, if not, I may have to switch to the other teams power play as a strength. )
c) Offensive prospects.

7) Weaknesses
a) Defense, while seems to be better on paper, still leaves quite a bit to be desired.
b) Unsure Goaltending.
c) Defensive prospects. (While seems to be shored up a bit in the last draft, still needs a long ways a way to reach the strengths of our goaltending pipeline or our offensive pipeline.

8) Draft Picks
1st (own)
2nd (own)
4th (Flyers)
5th (own)
6th (own)
7th (own)

1st (own)
2nd (own)
3rd (own)
5th (Blues)
5th (own)
6th (own)
7th (own)

9) Cap Situation
Approximately $6.9 million in cap space with no one to resign, enabling us to make trades if need be if we seem to really make a push for a cup.

10) Season Projection
The lightning should by all means compete for a divisional title, though I think they will run short. The play of Lindback should be telling as to how far exactly the Bolts get in the playoffs. This up coming season Don't expect them to make it to the Finals or the ECF, but at least make the playoffs and establish themselves as a player. Truly the 2012-2013 season is only a building block for the future seasons, as many kids will get a chance to show what they have meanwhile the lightning make a push that gets them into the show at the end of the day.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Smokey McCanucks

(1) Probable Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-(Kesler/Ebbett)-Higgins
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Wiese
(Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
(Alberts, Connauton)

Schneider/Lack/(Luongo)

(2) Commentary

Line-by-line, I think the value of the Sedins with Burrows has been proven well enough the past several seasons. When looking at our first-round exit to the eventual champs, a huge chunk of the reason we lost is right there in the fact that our missing scorer was out for the crucial first three games. This line is the big threat. Kesler will be hurt to start the season (unless there's a lockout) so Ebbett will likely take his spot until he's ready. Lapierre can be double-shifted from the fourth line if it doesn't work; in Kesler's absence the bottom three centers are essentially interchangeable. Booth will be the anchor for the second line. Higgins can move down if necessary. Volpatti and Wiese will be fixtures on the fourth line or potentially scratches if the prospects break through, but like the centers the Higgins/Hansen/Raymond trio can move around between the bottom four wing spots and the final top six wing, depending on who's hot. Jensen, Kassian, and Schroeder will have every opportunity to win a spot in camp depending on injuries or bad performances by Wiese/Volpatti/Raymond/Hansen. There are forward spots available. Jensen is most likely to make the team because of his strong showing last year and his threat to go back to Sweden if he doesn't make it. Kassian has a ton of hype thanks to the Hodgson trade but will likely start in the AHL unless he has a terrific camp.

The defence is pretty much set. Connauton could make the team if he has a strong camp or if there's an injury, but unlikely to make the starting lineup.

(3) Wants

The obvious need is for a real top-six winger on the second line. Shane Doan fits the bill perfectly. There's nobody else out there. Higgins can fill that spot in the regular season, or potentially Jensen or Kassian could grab it, but it's a spot that isn't filled by anyone particularly right now. Can't say I like our chances of getting Doan, but he's a perfect fit.

(4) Your team's surplus

Obviously it's in goal. The Luongo deal is hanging over the entire franchise right now, but Gillis ain't folding just yet. If Doan goes elsewhere, a Luongo deal is our only shot at filling the hole on the second-line wing. I hate to see Luongo go after all he's done for this club but that's how the wind is blowing. It's risky to go with an unproven guy like Schneider (you could say we'd be going all-in with pocket fours). If Gillis can get anything like what CBJ got for Nash, I think people would be happy.
(4b)
Ballard is a guy who has a big cap hit but hasn't shown much. He could go for next to nothing because Gillis can use the cap relief. Luongo, I already dealt with. Some people are talking Kesler but that'll never happen. Edler's contract is up at the end of this season, if Gillis decides he can't afford it and Garrison does real well, Edler isn't untouchable.

(5) Prospects

Jensen - big Danish forward with a soft touch around the net. I expect him to make the team out of camp. Coach doesn't like rookies much though, he might be in a toughness/skill platoon depending who the opponent is.
Kassian - huge forward, raw and could use a year in the AHL. If he has a big pre-season though he could take the spot of a Wiese or Volpatti and use it to move up into a bigger role.
Schroeder - has shown some skills but probably not big enough for the NHL yet, if ever.
Connauton - Offensive defenceman in waiting, likely needs another year in the AHL. Too much skill for bottom pairing but not seasoned enough for top four.
Lack - big, lanky NHL-ready goalie stuck behind Schneider-Luongo drama. Will start in the AHL unless current blockage is cleared.

(6) Strengths

Peripherals such as facilities, training staff, support services like sleep regime, healthy eating plan and all that junk are a real focus and it shows in the team's preparation. All the staff really are all in to create a winning environment and look for any possible edge. Very new-age, cutting-edge management style. Lots of winning the last few years. Fanbase is incredibly intense, if that's your thing.

(7) Weaknesses

Fanbase is incredibly intense, if that's not your thing. Drafting has been weak traditionally, and development only okay. Bad reputation in many hockey circles. Media are a pit of vipers and will flay you limb from limb to boot, often for no real good reason. Anyone joining this organization had better be ready for some intense micro-level scrutiny of their every action.

8) Draft Picks

We traded our 2013 3rd to the Panthers in the Higgins deal and 2013 4th to CBJ for Pahlsson.

(9) Cap Situation

We spend to the cap but still have a few million to work with. Trading Luongo and/or Ballard would give us some real flexibility but that doesn't seem too likely right now.

(10) Season Prediction

Assuming the season starts on time as it should, and we miss out on Doan and either keep Luongo or trade him for little return (these are probably what the most likely outcomes are), I expect the Canucks will finish no worse than second in the northwest, and will make the playoffs as one of the west's top four seeds. In my opinion we have alternated strong seasons with comparatively weak ones. Last season was weak. If the pattern holds, this should be a strong season. I fearlessly predict a lockout, but in the case of everyone coming to their senses somehow, the Canucks should make the playoffs easily and get to at least the second round with a strong showing. There will certainly be some stupid drama and shenanigans in the course of our season as per the requirements.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Since candyman already put together a pre-Nash Jackets writeup, I figure I might as well save folks some time by doing the post-Nash one...

Starting LineupForward lines are tentative and subject to change without notice.
The bottom pairing is also extremely fluid.

Brandon Dubinsky - Artem Anisimov - Vinny Prospal
RJ Umberger - Derick Brassard - Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno - Ryan Johansen - Mark Letestu
Matt Calvert - Derek MacKenzie - Derek Dorsett
Colton Gillies, Jared Boll

Fedor Tyutin - Nikita Nikitin
Jack Johnson - James Wisniewski
Ryan Murray - Adrian Aucoin
John Moore

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason

Top Callups
Cody Bass (C/LW/RW)
Ryan Russell (LW/C)
Michael Chaput (C)
Jonathan Audy-Marchessault (RW)
Tim Erixon (D)
David Savard (D)
Dalton Prout (D)
Allen York (G)

Some Player Commentary
  • Jack Johnson ("JMFJ") - Top quality offensive defenseman. Odds-on favorite for the captaincy. Was a plus player last year paired with Wisniewski, if you can believe it. He runs the power play along with Wisniewski, and the two of them are well on their way to running the team as well.
  • Fedor Tyutin and Nikita Nikitin - Really have to be introduced together. Last year they combined to form one of the best top defense pairings in the NHL - no, really. Both are good-sized underrated all-around two-way defensemen; Tyutin is also a decent passer and Nikitin can be a triggerman on the power play.
  • Cam Atkinson - 5'7" ridiculously nimble Hobey Baker finalist, back-to-back 30-goal scorer at Boston College, was leading the AHL in goals when he was called up, scored five goals in the last two games of the season (including his first NHL hat trick). We expect Great Things. (But not too great.)
  • Vinny Prospal - One of our best all-around forwards and a heck of a leader; when his playing career ends he intends to join the front office here (and has an agreement with said office to keep signing one-year contracts each year 'till that day).
  • Derick Brassard - Our best playmaking center until such time as Johansen gets used to the NHL game; brilliant passer, but occasionally seems to focus more on getting it to whatever guy catches his interest rather than whatever guy is in the best position to score. Which can confuse the opposition, but that's not always helpful.
  • Derek Dorsett - Has gone from being just "tough" to "tough to play against"; was arguably our best own-zone forward last year and among the better ones in the league, and also found time to score 12 goals and take the league lead in PIMs. Vicious little guy.
  • Artem Anisimov - Likely to be one of our top-6 centers; we're hoping that he'll find more offense with more minutes.
  • Brandon Dubinsky - Supposedly a center but seems to do best on the wing; we've had no preliminary indications but if his resume is anything to go by he'll be used pretty much anywhere and everywhere for everything, and be a badass at it all.

Wants
  • Legit top-line offensive talent (so long as it's of the type that buys into the new "everyone fights, noone quits" team attitude concept)
  • 1b goaltender so we don't have to play Mason
  • Quality forward prospects, preferably not of the undersized variety.

Surplus
  • Blueline prospects of just about any quality you could ask for.
Trade Bait
  • Tim Erixon (or possibly Moore or David Savard, depending on the return)
  • Steve Mason
  • Derick Brassard (forward upgrade inquiries only)

ProspectsBlatantly stealing from candyman82's earlier writeup for this one for now; may try writing up my own later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82
Only counting players yet to make NHL debut
1. D-Ryan Murray (2012-2013)
2. C-Boone Jenner (2013-2014)
3. C-Michael Chaput (2013-2014)
4. G-Anton Forsberg (2015-2016)
5. RW-Jonathan Audy-Marchessault (2012-2013)

Strengths
  • Lots and lots of blueline depth and blueline skill
  • Roster is chock-full of never-say-die never-quit forwards, many of whom can score 10 or even 20+ goals
  • The division is no longer as impossibly evil as it normally has been
  • There seems to be an actual coherent team identity for the first time since... um, the start of the franchise, maybe? (See above re: never-say-die never-quit)
  • There's only four guys left who Doug MacLean can truthfully say he drafted. (Brassard, Dorsett, Boll, Mason)

Weaknesses
  • Lack of scoring skill and/or talent in the forward corps - nobody likely to top 30 goals
  • Goaltending is inexperienced and potentially shaky

Draft Picks2013: CBJ 1st through 7th, LAK 1st, NYR 1st.
2014: CBJ 1st through 7th.

Cap SituationWe're just above the cap floor with about 13-14 million in cap space, depending on which defensemen make the team. The only reasons not to spend to the cap right now would be a lack of quality needed folks to spend it on and the ongoing CBA negotiations.

Season ProjectionG-d only knows how the season will go. A repeat of last in the NHL is unlikely simply due to the number of injuries that would have to happen again for that to occur; we were a mediocre team that got Perfect Stormed. If all the forwards click in an ideal manner a la Craig Patrick's last famous teambuilding effort in Lake Placid, AND if JMFJ-Wiz continue their stellar play together, AND if Bobrovsky really takes off and plays like a quality starting goaltender, the playoffs are not impossible. They are also, however, a tad unlikely.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 07-27-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Even though a lot of people were bashing Columbus for the Nash deal, I think they got decent players out of it. It's obvious that the NYR seemingly got the better end of the deal as it was a classic "quality for quantity". Yet I think Columbus will have much more success icing a balanced attack than they have in the past.

I'm excited to see how their lineup turns out.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:40 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
link to previous quote
I agree with everything here except the line combinations.

It's been expressed that Carlyle plays a Scoring 1/Shutdown/Scoring 2/Checking scheme.

For this reason I believe the line-up will look more like:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Connolly - Grabovski - Kulemin
van Riemsdyk - McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckle - Brown
with Colton Orr cycling in-and-out with Komarov depending on the match-ups.

Also, Bozak and van Riemsdyk could be swapped between their respective listed positions. It's obviously an ideal world to see JvR fit into the 1C role.

I don't think JvR is our best option on the shutdown line, as Connolly and Kulemin are both great at that role, and JvR has more offensive upside.

As for Kadri, I suspect that if he makes the team, at this point, it will be as a 1C. If he makes the roster out of training camp, then Bozak would become a floater, most likely being paired with McClement as often as possible.

Scratches: Kadri (for now), Lombardi

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
khaoskennedy

1) Starting Line-up (what I hope it is)
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Jeffrey-Sutter-Kennedy
Cooke-Vitale-Glass

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Martin-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

Scratches: Adams, Strait, Bortuzzo

Top Call-ups
Morrow-D
Bennett-RW
Dumoulin-D

2) Player description
Malkin- was the best player last year hopefully he has another good season.
Crosby- Hopefully stays healthy and gets back to his old self.
Neal- put up 40 goals and PPG last year hopefully more of the same.
Letang- Hopefully he can stay healthy also and show why he's a potential candidate for the Norris trophy.

3) Wants
a) Top 6 forward
b) Shut Down Defenseman

4) Surplus
a) NHL-caliber defensemen
b) Defensive depth

Trade Bait
a) Paul Martin
b) Tyler Kennedy
c) Defensive Prospects

5) Prospects
1. Joe Morrow- LH-D- the Pens top prospect and could be NHL ready but will most likely start in WBS because of depth.

2. Simon Despres-LH-D- Big two way Dman, hopefully starts the season in NHL paired with Letang.

3. Beau Bennett-RH-RW- The Pens best forward prospect and will start the season in WBS, hopefully he can stay healthy and get some call ups to the NHL.

6) Strengths
a) NHL Ready Defensemen
b) Defensive Prospects
c) Very good AHL depth

7) Weaknesses
a) Need top 6 winger for Crosby
b) Lacks high-end forward prospects

8) Draft Picks
2013: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
2014: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

9) Cap Situation
The Penguins have just under 9 million in cap space with a full roster.

10) Season Projection
Playoff spot in the East.

Pens fans feel free to add or edit, just threw this together pretty quick.

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
:

Scratch: Shane O'Brien
False.

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:34 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post

1) Starting Line-up (what I hope it is)
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Jeffrey-Sutter-Kennedy
Cooke-Vitale-Glass

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Martin-Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

Scratches: Adams, Strait, Bortuzzo

Top Call-ups
Morrow-D
Bennett-RW
Dumoulin-D

2) Player description
Malkin- was the best player last year hopefully he has another good season.
Crosby- Hopefully stays healthy and gets back to his old self.
Neal- put up 40 goals and PPG last year hopefully more of the same.
Letang- Hopefully he can stay healthy also and show why he's a potential candidate for the Norris trophy.

3) Wants
a) Top 6 forward
b) Shut Down Defenseman

4) Surplus
a) NHL-caliber defensemen
b) Defensive depth

Trade Bait
a) Paul Martin
b) Tyler Kennedy
c) Defensive Prospects

5) Prospects
1. Joe Morrow- LH-D- the Pens top prospect and could be NHL ready but will most likely start in WBS because of depth.

2. Simon Despres-LH-D- Big two way Dman, hopefully starts the season in NHL paired with Letang.

3. Beau Bennett-RH-RW- The Pens best forward prospect and will start the season in WBS, hopefully he can stay healthy and get some call ups to the NHL.

6) Strengths
a) NHL Ready Defensemen
b) Defensive Prospects
c) Very good AHL depth

7) Weaknesses
a) Need top 6 winger for Crosby
b) Lacks high-end forward prospects

8) Draft Picks

9) Cap Situation
The Penguins have just under 9 million in cap space with a full roster.

10) Season Projection
Playoff spot in the East.

Pens fans feel free to add or edit, just threw this together pretty quick.
Jeffrey will not be on the third line instead of Cooke. And Adams will never be a scratch under Bylsma. Tangradi has no chance of making the second line because Bylsma and everyone else hates him.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I edited my post and ended up deleting half of it.

Needs an undo-edit button.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I see someone already did a Wild one, but I strongly disagree on quite a few points so here's my version

1) Starting Line-up

Parise-Koivu-Bouchard
Heatley-Granlund-Setoguchi
Brodziak-Cullen-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell
Kassian

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Gilbert
Stoner-Brodin
Falk, Prosser

Backstrom
Harding

Top Call-ups
Johan Larsson - 3rd line center
Nick Palmieri - Bottom six forward
David McIntyre - Bottom six forward
Jason Zucker - skill/speed winger
Steven Kampfer - Right defense
Tyler Cuma - Left defense

2) Top Players
Mikko Koivu
Ryan Suter
Zach Parise
Mikael Granlund

3) Wants
a) Top-4 defenseman
b) Pure sniping forward

4) Surplus
a) Bottom pairing/depth defensemen
b) Bottom 6 forwards
c) Prospects

Trade Bait
-Team is unlikely to be involved in trades-
a) Cal Clutterbuck - No longer untouchable, but would be part of a package for a better player, not as a standalone in a trade
b) Bottom pairing defensemen
c) Bottom six forwards

5) Prospects
Mikael Granlund - C/W - This year
Playmaking forward extraordinaire. Has been referred to as the best player outside the NHL.
Jonas Brodin - D - This year/next year
Defenseman with fantastic skating. "Mistake-free" and a safe defenseman who makes a great first pass. There's hope for him to develop his offensive game. Projects as an elite #2, or possibly #1 defenseman down the road.
Mathew Dumba - D - 1-3 years
Big hitting, aggressive defenseman. Drafted 7th overall this year.
Matt Hackett - G - 1-2 years
Organization's goaltender of the future. Set an NHL rookie record last year with the longest shutout streak to begin a player's career.

I'll cut off there although the next 5 prospects would each be top 5 or even top 3 in most teams prospect pools.

6) Strengths
a) Forward depth - both top 6 and bottom 6
b) Prospect pool
c) Bottom pairing defensive depth
d) Goaltending

7) Weaknesses
a) Top-4 defense
b) Top-4 defensive depth
c) Experience (especially on the blueline)

8) Draft Picks
2013: All Wild picks except 3rd round. SJS 3rd round. NJD 3rd round. NYR 7th round
2014: All Wild picks

9) Cap Situation
Just under the cap this year. Next year $14MM comes off the books (replacement cost around $7MM) and another $8.5MM the following year (replacement cost around $4MM).

10) Season Projection
Should contend for the Northwest Division but likely will fall short. Expect a 4-6 finish in the West.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:01 PM
YotesFan47

Phoenix Coyotes

Disclaimer!!! Everything here is using our current roster, as players are added our crappy forward lineups will change.

1) Starting Line-up

Boedker - Vermette - Moss
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Gordon - Torres
Bissonnette - Chipchura - Johnson

OEL - Klesla
Yandle - Michalik
Schlemko - Morris

Smith
Labarbra

Top Call-ups

Forwards: Andy Miele (C), Brendan Shinnimin (C)
Defense: Micheal Stone, Chris Summers, Brandon Gormley, David Rundblad

2) Description
Radim Vrbata (RW) - Approximately 25 goal scorer each season and sound defensively.
Keith Yandle (D) - Good for 40pts while QBing our PP. Good shot from the point. Good leader on and off the ice.
Mike Smith (G) - Was a top goaltender in the league for his first full year starting. If he can do it again then there is no reason we cant make the playoffs.
Martin Hanzal (C) - Big bodied and plays really well with Vrbata making a nice 1b line. Great defensively.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson (D) - Starting his second year as a top defenseman on the Coyotes. Has a great shot, good defense, smooth hands, great vision and intelligence, and outstanding work ethic.

3) Wants
a) Top 6 center
b) Two top 6 wingers
c) An owner

4) Surplus
a) Defense prospects
b) Defense 5-7 player

Trade Bait
a) None

5) Prospects
1. Bradon Gormley, Defense, 0-2 years
Intelligent, well rounded, puck moving defenseman.

2. Henrik Samuelsson, Forward, 1-4 years
2012 1st round draft pick (27th overall), big bodied power forward that can play with skill and grit.

6) Strengths
a) Defense
b) Goaltending
c) Defensive Prospects

7) Weaknesses
a) Overall forward ranks
b) Forward Prospects

8) Draft Picks (to my knowledge, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

9) Cap Situation
Well under the floor

10) Season Projection
Second in the Pacific, possibly conference championships again.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

1) Starting Line-up

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan
Richardson, Clifford, Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier
Jones

Top Call-ups

Offensive Defenseman: Thomas Hickey
Stay-at-home Defenseman: Jake Muzzin
Top 6 Forward: Andrei Loktionov
Bottom 6 Forward: Either Kyle Clifford or Jordan Nolan

2) Description

Anze Kopitar - Big, powerful, two-way center who covers the entire 200 foot rink. He is a gifted playmaker with exceptional vision, but also possesses a keen goal scorer's touch with exceptional hands around the net. His biggest flaw is that he can be inconsistent with attacking the net and sometimes rely too heavily on his wingers' abilities when the best goal scorer in many situations is he himself.

Jonathan Quick - Reliable, strong, athletic starting goalie who is renowned for never giving up on a play. He has an incredibly strong work ethic and is often referred to as the best conditioned player on the team. Often relies on his incredible athleticism to cheat on his positioning in order to give himself a greater range of stopping the puck. He is extremely calm and mentally strong, but is also not afraid to stand up for himself. His biggest flaw is being extremely supbar when handling the puck, as he often causes turnovers behind the net, and he can occasionally get so fiery with opponents that it could result in a penalty.

Drew Doughty - Smart, reliable, two-way defenseman that seems to likely make the right decision at the right time consistently. An above average skater with a talent for evasion with good speed and excellent passing skills. He is not afraid to make a play or attack the net directly. He is fiesty and gritty around the net, will punish along the boards, and is not afraid to make the big hit. His biggest flaws are that he can try to do too much taking him too far from his simple game making him less effective, he can have difficulty getting his shot from the point through traffic, has questionable commitment to his fitness, and he used to let his emotions dictate his actions and would be capable of diving (though he is still an emotional player, they do not dictate his play as regularly and he has cut the blatant dive from his usual repertoire).

Dustin Brown - Consistent, durable, energetic two-way winger who generally enters every season expecting to get close to a 30-30-60 ceiling. He is one of the most talented forwards in the league at finding the big clean hit and delivering it with shoulder contact and avoiding the head, he has never been fined or suspended. He sets the energy level for the entire team and uses his work ethic to elevate everyone around him to another level. His biggest flaws are that he can be predictable offensively and that he has been known to embellish penalties. This has lessened in time like Doughty's, but unlike Doughty of the past, Brown didn't make a habit of creating the penalty, but trying to escalate one that has already occurred.

3) Wants
a) A solid top 6 left wing with a penchant for scoring goals
b) A veteran backup goaltender who performs
c) Winger prospects

4) Surplus
a) High potential goaltending
b) Defensive depth and prospects
c) Center depth and prospects

Trade Bait
a) Jonathan Bernier
b) Andrei Loktionov
c) Thomas Hickey

5) Prospects

1. Tyler Toffoli (RW) - Projects as a top 6 goal scoring sniper, but has to work on improving his overall skating. Will be with Manchester next season.

2. Andrei Loktionov (C) - Projects as a second line playmaking center, is very shifty and slick with the puck while possessing very good vision. He will be in Manchester next season, but has limited room to move up and grow as our centers are ironclad cemented, look for him to get moved.

3. Tanner Pearson (LW) - Newly drafted Pearson is expected to become a two-way top 6 winger for us in the future. He has a similar M.O. as Toffoli in that he has a pro shot with work needed in his skating, but with less of a goal scoring prowess and more of an overall rounded game. He will likely start the season in Manchester as well.

4. Derek Forbort (D) - Projects as a big defensive defenseman with an active stick and sharp outlet pass and moderate amount of offensive instinct. He is expected to eventually fill the role as a complimentary stay-at-home defenseman that is currently filled by Mitchell, Scuderi, and Greene. The Kings took him knowing he was a long term project. He will be in-between and can either make his pro debut with Manchester or continue in college.

5. Jake Muzzin (D) - A big two way defenseman like Forbort, but with a better shot and a much nastier demeanor on the ice. He isn't afraid to get chippy and drop the gloves. He will be in Manchester next season.

6) Strengths
a) Defensive Depth
b) Quality Goaltending
c) Center Depth

7) Weaknesses
a) Success on the power play
b) Consistent production from the wings
c) Team speed

8) Draft Picks

2013:
Traded first round pick to Columbus for Carter.
Have possession of their own 2nd-7th round picks.
Added Dallas' 7th round pick.
Seven Picks Total.

2014:
All their own picks 1-7 only.
Seven picks total.

9) Cap Situation

$7,879,773 in cap space with a green light to spend right up to the limit. Will have $20 million in cap space next season with all core players still signed.

10) Season Projection

While the organization, like all before, plans to repeat as champions, the realistic expectation is to establish the team as a reliable contender by advancing ourselves in the conference and division and put forth a better performance throughout the regular season, making the playoffs easily, and advancing at least to the 2nd round. The Kings want to establish an identity of being a regular season leader, but most importantly, a consistent playoff performer year after year.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:19 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152

1) Starting Line-up
Alex Tanguay - Mike Cammalleri - Jarome Iginla
Curtis Glencross - Roman Cervenka - Jiri Hudler
Sven Baertschi - Mikael Backlund - Lee Stempniak
Blake Comeau - Matt Stajan - Blair Jones

Jay Bouwmeester - Dennis Wideman
Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Chris Butler - Cory Sarich

Miikka Kiprusoff
Leland Irving

Extra's; Tim Jackman, Derek Smith and Anton Babchuk

Top Call-ups
- Roman Horak
- Lance Bouma
- Max Reinhart
- Greg Nemisz

2) Description

Jarome Iginla - Arguably the most consistent goal scorer of the last decade. Jarome Brings physicality, elite offensive ability and leadership to the table. Despite his age, he is historically primed for a bounce back offensively this season under an offensive system.

Mike Cammalleri - Enjoyed the most prolific offensive season of his career during his one year stint in Calgary alongside Jarome Iginla. Despite having very little experience at the Center ice position at the NHL level, Cammalleri finished the past season with 17 points in his final 18 games of the season after being given the reigns as the top pivot. If he can stay healthy throughout the entirety of the season, he should be a lock to score 25+ goals, and 65+ points.

Miikka Kiprusoff - After a remarkably consistent performance last season, Miikka once again established himself as a top echelon netminder in the NHL. He showed absolutely no signs of slowing down either and if he can provide that stabilizing presence between the pipes for yet another season Calgary will be in good shape.

Roman Cervenka - Four seasons after initially being shown interest by NHL clubs across the league, Cervenka is now personally ready to make the jump across the pond. After two very productive offensive seasons in the low scoring KHL, it is now up to Roman to prove he belongs in the big show. Calgary will give the 26 year old every opportunity to earn and produce as a top six player.

3) Wants
a) Proven top six center that can win faceoffs.
b) Toughness
c) Defense prospects

4) Surplus
a) Depth on the wings.
b) Over-abundance of 2nd/3rd line tweeners
c) capable 5/6/7 defensmen

Trade Bait
a) Jay Bouwmeester
b) Matt Stajan
c) Mikael Backlund

5) Prospects
1. Sven Baertschi ( LW ) - All around offensive threat. Baertschi certainly has the potential to be a top line forward and will likely spend most of, if not all of the season in Calgary.
2. John Gaudreau ( LW ) - Similar offensive skillset to Baertschi but has more obstacles to overcome. Guadreau was arguably the best freshmen in all of college hockey last season.
3. Leland Irving ( G ) - After spending four seasons as a professional in Abbotsford/Quad City, Irving is finally ready to come into camp and become the permanent backstop to Kiprusoff.
4. Mark Jankowski (C) - The best word to describe Jankowski at this stage is "raw". He has the skillset and physical build to become an impact top six center at the NHL level, but needs time to fill out his frame and prove he can flourish against proven competition.
5. Max Reinhart ( C ) - Untapped two way potential. Reinhart has a great work ethic and understanding for the game. He will likely start in Abbotsford to start the season but will undoubtedly put his name in the mix for an early call up.

*T.J. Brodie would fit in here depending on the criteria being used.

6) Strengths
a) Goaltending
b) Winger Depth
c) Ability to role four scoring lines

7) Weaknesses
a) Unproven center depth
b) Aging top end talent
c) Lack of impact NHL ready prospects

8) Draft Picks
2013: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th
2014:1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

9) Cap Situation
$3,531,668 in cap space with a full 23 man roster.

10) Season Projection
6-12th in the Western Conference. That may seem like a broad prediction, but with the amount of parity in the league these days I truly believe Calgary will be in the playoff hunt up until the final week or two of the season. Calgary is probably one of the toughest teams to predict this upcoming season.

Last edited by HighLifeMan: 08-02-2012 at 11:19 AM.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:51 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Sorry for the lack of recent updates; my computer has been acting oddly, but I just got a new one. I should have plenty of time over the next week to update as many as I can. Once again, a big thank you to the people who have spent time on their team's page.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Trae

@HighLifeMan, pretty sure Calgary is missing their 2013 5th. Pretty solid summary.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
@HighLifeMan, pretty sure Calgary is missing their 2013 5th. Pretty solid summary.
Yep. Traded for Dennis Wideman's UFA rights. http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636252

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Columbus has been added.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Oilgasms

:Oilers

1) Starting Line-up

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Ales Hemsky - Sam Gagner - Nail Yakupov
Ryan Smyth - Shawn Horcoff - Ryan Jones
Ben Eager - Eric Belanger - Lenert Petrell
EX: Darcy Hordichuk

Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Justin Schultz
Ryan Whitney - Andy Sutton
EX: Peckham, Potter

Devan Dubnyk
Nikolai Khabibulin

Top Call-ups
Magnus Paajarvi
Teemu Hartikinen
Colten Tuebert
Alex Plante

2) Description

Taylor Hall - Insane wheels, great wrister. Changes the complete dynamic of the game when he's on the ice. Heart and soul of the team and future captain. When he's injured, the team gets incredibly worse, it could be a breakout season for him if he can stay healthy.

Jordan Eberle - Incredible hands, great vision, and an explosive wrist shot. Insane highlight reel and can quietly put up points or completely dominate the game. Currently the best of the big 4.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Elite #1C. Elite vision, and underrated scoring ability. Reason why our PP was +3 in the league last year. Been compared to Gretzky in play style, with him ability to find open teammates. Still tall and lanks, needs to put on weight.

Nail Yakupov - Absolute rocket of a shot and great wheels. Been compared to Pavel Bure.

Ladislav Smid - A very good shutdown defenseman. Would be a solid #3 on a contender and could be a #2 depending on who the #1 is.

Jeff Petry - Great, young, puckmoving defenseman. Could eventually blossom to a #2D-man.

Devan Dubnyk - Stilll hoping for a breakout year. Will get majority of the starts this year to prove it.

3) Wants
a) Top 4 D-man
b) Number 2 C
c) Bottom 6 Size and Grit

4) Surplus
a) Bottom Pairing D-men
b) Prospects
c) Picks

Trade Bait
a) Sam Gagner
b) Ales Hemsky
c) Andy Sutton

5) Prospects
1. Nail Yakupov
2. Justin Schultz
3. Oscar Klefbom
4. Martin Marincin
5. Tyler Pitlick
6. Tyler Bunz
7. Martin Gernat
8. David Musil
9. Tobias Rider
10. Colten Tuebert

6) Strengths

a) Young Offensive Talent
b) Secondary Scoring
c) Young Offensive Talent

7) Weaknesses
a) Goatlending
b) Defense
c) Centre Depth

8) Draft Picks
2013: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (ANA), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th

9) Cap Situation
$7,266,667 in free cap space.

10) Season Projection

Want to be fighting for a playoff spot 'till the end.

Last edited by Oilgasms: 08-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Oilgasms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:14 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

1. Lineup
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Briere* - Schenn - Simmonds
Wellwood - Couturier - Read
Sestito** - Talbot***- Fedotenko
Rinaldo/Shelley
AHL call-ups: Zolniercyzk (W), Holmstrom (C, W)

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Meszaros - Gervais
Lilja
AHL call-ups: Manning****, Bourdon****, Gustafsson****, Lauridsen****

Bryzgalov
Leighton

PP1:
Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Timonen - Voracek

PP2:
Briere - Couturier - Schenn
Meszaros - Read

PK1:
Couturier - Read
Coburn-Grossmann

PK2:
Talbot - Fedotenko
Timonen - Meszaros

PK3:
Giroux - Voracek/Wellwood
Schenn - (xxxxx)

* - I know Briere typically plays the C or RW, but he almost always scores from the left side. Probably isn't where he ends up, but that's where I think he should be for increased scoring and decreased defensive responsibility
** - Sestito is a toss up with Rinaldo, also Talbot may be there if a legitimate 4C is signed

*** - Talbot may move is a legit 4C is signed.

**** - its generally agreed upon on the Flyers board that all 4 of these players COULD fit onto the NHL roster this season in a 5/6/7/8 d-man role, they have the ability to do so. But with Terry Murray recently signed as the AHL head coach, we feel it'd be in their best interest to play a season+ under him.

2. Top Players

1. Claude Giroux - C/RW from Hearst, ONT. 5'10" 175ish. Compared as a smaller Forsberg at a young age, though many thought it a stretch, we're starting to see it may not be. Unbelievable hands and vision, can score goals if wants/needs to, and will crush you if you're not suspecting it. Still raw defensively, but the effort is there.

2. Scott Hartnell - Went from hated to loved in 1 season thanks for some HBO cameras, NHLPA tablets, a twitter hastag, and Claude Giroux. Strong shot, team leader, hits hard, fights, falls a lot.

3. Sean Couturier - Became a fan favorite before the season even started. As the season grew older and Couts got passed his 9-game "tryout", his speed and physicality picked up, as well as his scoring touch. Despite being stuck on the 4th line most of the season, he made the most of his opportunities. Within the first 30 games of the season, was being called the "best defensive player on the team" by Laviolette, killing penalties, facing top players, and closing out games against 6 on 5 attacks.

HM 1. Playoff Danny Briere - Underwhelming for most of the season, he turns his offense up. His defense remains non-existent.
HM 2. Angry Braydon Coburn - Angry Braydon Coburn shows flashes of being a #1 d-man. Snarly, physical, and smart with the puck...he stands out above all other defensemen on the team. Normal Brayden Coburn seems like a soft, turnover machine destined for a #3 defense spot.
HM 3. Kimmo Timonen - Rock Solid, one of the toughest players in the league. Often targeted for big hits, and blocking bombs from the point, he's always back out for his next shift...only to undergo surgery after surgery after the playoffs. Very calming presence on the defense with a lot of question marks (hence why I see him with Schenn)
HM 4. The Schenn Brothers - We may have a legitimate use for the nickname "bash brothers" (claiming the idea as mine now). Both are hard-nosed, gritty, heavy hitting players with plenty of skill. A lot will be expected out of both Schenns this season.

3. Wants
a.) bona-fide #1 defenseman, preferably young (Weber, OEL, etc.)
b.) 4th line faceoff winning center. PK, playoff stud a plus (Dom Moore)
c.) Elite 1st line winger for Giroux. Hence the shopping this offseason (Parise, Ryan, Nash)
d.) Solid back-up goalie. We have Michael Leighton. MFL (Biron, Harding, Lindback, Boucher)

4. Surplus
a.) Centers
b.) young defensemen (5-6 dman ceiling)
c.) unnecessary enforcers

Trade Bait (in order of trade likelihood)
Marc-Andre Bourdon, D
Andrej Meszaros, D
Matt Read, C, W
Erik Gustafsson, D
Nick Cousins, C
Scott Laughton, C
Jody Shelley, W
Wayne Simmonds, W

5. Prospects/pos/ETA best case - worst case

Scott Laughlin, C, 1-3 seasons
Gritty two-way Centerman. Mike Richards ceiling. 2012 1st round

Nick Cousins, C, 0-2 seasons
small, skilled pest. Brad Marchand ceiling. 2011 3rd round

Niko Hovinen, G, 1-2 seasons
Huge Finnish goaltender. Lindback ceiling, possibly higher? 2006 5th round (MIN), FA signing 2011.

Brandon Manning, D, 0-2 seasons
Gritty, smart leader on defense. Stands up for teammates, some skill. More physical Chris Campoli ceiling

Erik Gustafsson, D, 0-1 seasons
Quick, tough, smart offensive d-man. Plenty of NHL experience already

Marc-Andre Bourdon, D, 0-1 seasons
tough, two way defender. Willing to drop the gloves. Concussion issues

Marcel Noebels, C/W, 1-3+ seasons
two-way forward with some skill. Andreas Nodl ceiling, maybe with more scoring

Oliver Lauridsen, D, 0-2 seasons
"The Great Dane" is a massive, heavy-hitting defensive d-man (6'6" 230+). Skating and puck-moving issues have kept him out of the NHL and AHL top-pairings, though hard work over the summer has drawn a lot of attention.

Ben Holmstrom, (C/W), 0-1 seasons
His door of opportunity is closing fast. Given the chance to grab the 4C spot last year, he failed. Will likely be given the same opportunity this season before Cousins, Noebels, and Laughton are at his heels. Very gritty two way center with a knack for getting under his opponents skin. AHL captain, stands up for teammates.

Andrew Johnston, (LW), 1-4 seasons
Absolute wildcard. Great skill, but size and level of competition a question mark. Impressed at recent rookie camps

Jason Akeson, (C,W), 0-2 seasons
Another player with the door closing on them. Phenomenal vision and playmaking ability, but is undersized, and puts forth questionable effort at times. Inept defensively.

Shayne Gostisbehere (D), 2-4 seasons
Playing at Union College. Drafted by Flyers in the 2012 draft, opened a lot of eyes at rookie camp right off the bat. Considered by many, along with Manning, to be the cream of the crop at that rookie camp defensively.

6. Strengths
a.) Offense/Scoring
b.) Grit/toughness
c.) Coaching, Winning Pedigree

7. Weaknesses
a.) Goaltending
b.) Team defense (defense, backchecking, goaltending)
c.) Inability to grow talent from within/lack of patience

8. Draft Picks
Not positive, I think all or most are surprisingly intact, but that won't last passed the trade deadline with Holmgrean

9. Cap Situation
About $4m+ to spare before cap bonuses and Chris Pronger's contract being LTIR'd..which will leave us about $7-8m in space. Unprecedented in Flyerdom

10. Season projection
2nd in the Atlantic, 4 in conference. Another dogfight with the Rangers and Pens, finishing behind NY and ahead of Pittsburgh. Could make an ECF run, SC run hinges on Bryz, the defense, and health....things that haven't gone the Flyers way in a loooooong time.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Darnell Nurse
SMASHBROS2014

edmonton

1) Starting Line-up

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Petrell

Smid - Petry
J. Schultz - N. Schultz
Whitney - Sutton

Dubnyk
Khabibullin

Top Call-ups
Magnus Paajarvi
Teemu Hartikainen
Taylor Fedun
Anton Lander
Colten Teubert

2) Description
Taylor Hall: Fantastic Goal Scorer, Fast Skater, Future Captain, Amazing Wrist shot, looking at 70-80 in 12-13

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Good Shot, Amazing vison and Hockey IQ, Impressive defensive play, great passes, Great Playmaking, turns one of the bottom 5 PPs in the league into one of the best, could have the most potential of any U-21 NHLer right now, like Hall, "The Nuge" is also looking at a 80 point breakout season in 12-13

Jordan Eberle: Great Backhand and Wrist shot, good vison, Defensive play, CLUTCH, had the best season on the oilers in 11-12, look for him to improve to 85 points in 12-13

Nail Yakupov: Selected 1st overall in the 2012 entry draft, he is an electric player and is the the best prospect in the league imo, look for him next year to put up 50-60 points and compete for the Calder

Ladislav Smid: One of the best shot blockers in the league, hits like a man

Devan Dubnyk: Dubnyk began to breakout at the end of the 11-12 season, he could become a No. 1 Goalie next season.

3) Wants
a) Top Pairing Defenseman
b) Size and Grit up front
c) Larger 2C

4) Surplus
a) Top 9 Forwards
b) 3-4 Defensemen
c) Picks

Trade Bait
a) Hemsky
b) Gagner
c) Prospects
d) Picks
e) Whitney

5) Prospects
1. Nail Yakupov: The best prospect on the Oilers and in the league. He is considered the best goal scorer and skater in the 2012 Draft. Edmonton Selected him 1st overall in 2012.

2. Oscar Klefbom: All-Around Defensemen, could end up as a 1/2 Dman, was named 2nd best Defencemen at WJHC and Captained the Swedes to their 1st gold in a long time. Edmonton selected him 19 overall in 2011

3. Justin Schultz: Offensive defensemen who takes the puck from his own zone and executes plays in the Netrual zone. Edmonton signed him as a free agent in 2012

6) Strengths
a) Fantastic top 6
b) Good pool of Defensemen prospects
c) Bright Future

7) Weaknesses
a) No 1/2 Defensemen
b) forwards with size and grit
c) Young team

8) Draft Picks
2013: Have all own picks, and the Ducks 2nd

9) Cap Situation

$7,266,667

10) Season Projection

Yakupov, Schultz, Kruger, and the team should mature. Could be a wild card playoff team, but is more likely to a 10-12 place team in the west.

Darnell Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 07:21 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Chicago Blackhawks

1)
Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Kane - Sharp
Carcillo - Bolland - Shaw
Bickell - Kruger - Mayers
Bollig, Frolik

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Oduya - Brookbank
Montador

Crawford
Emery

Top Call-ups
Dylan Olsen, D - slow of foot, but big with a bit of a mean streak and a big point shot. Far and away our best and most ready prospect.

Jimmy Hayes , W - Big with soft hands that makes his living around the net. Willing to get his nose dirty, but it's not his game. Third wheel on a scoring line type.

Brandon Pirri, C - Will get a shot in training camp to stick on the second line. Solid playmaker with a deceptive shot.

Jeremy Morin, W - A skilled winger with an elite wrist shot. Played through concussion and other injury issues last season.

2) Description
Jonathon Toews - the ultimate captain, does everything on the ice well. Regardless of the circumstance, he's the guy you want on the ice.

Patrick Kane - elite playmaker that has the ability to make guys miss. Solid shot and amazing hands. Defense is improving and he steps his game up come crunch time.

Marian Hossa - Strong, bullish forward that can cycle the puck better then nearly anyone in the league. Great on the backcheck and at stripping the puck. 40 goal potential that is one of the games elite defensive forwards. Total package.

Patrick Sharp - Hossa light. 40 goal potential.

Duncan Keith - one of the games best skating defenseman coming off two disappointing seasons after his Norris campaign. Booming shot, good passer, and has the wheels to make up for his occasional brain farts. Needs to get back to his 2010 form.

Brent Seabrook - Arguably our best defender last year. Very solid in his own zone. Can pass well and has a cannon when given the time to use it. Physical player, but has concussion concerns.

3) Wants
a) Second line center
b) Proven goaltending
c) Fourth line center

4) Surplus
a) Forward prospects
b) Solid 4-5 defenseman
c) Cheap ELC nhl talent

Trade Bait
a) Bryan Bickell
b) Markus Kruger
c) Nicklas Hjalmarsson
d) Michael Frolik

5) Prospects
1. Brandon Saad, W/C, 2012
Talented with a bit of a mean streak. Took the drop in his draft year personally and within a few months rocketed to the top of our prospect chart.
2. Teuvo Teravainen, LW/C, 2014+
Small in stature, elite hands and playmaking ability. Playing in Finland against men. Considered to be one of the steals of his draft.
3. Mark McNeill, C, 2013+
Big bodied center that projects as a solid third line center with second line upside. Capable two way player that had a disappointing first half last year before really turning his game around and finishing very strong.

6) Strengths
a) High end talent
b) NHL ready prospect depth
c) Bottom half defensive depth

7) Weaknesses
a) Special teams
b) Goaltending
c) Team defensive play

8) Draft Picks
2013: CHI 1st, CHI 4-7th, SJ 4th, Possible OTT 7th from Klinkhammer trade
2014: CHI 1st-7th

9) Cap Situation
The Blackhawks have $7,754,872 in cap space with a 23 man roster

10) Season Projection
Strong contenders for the Central Division champion. 105+ points is expected.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post

(1) Probable Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-(Kesler/Ebbett)-Higgins
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Wiese
(Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
(Alberts, Connauton)

Schneider/Lack/(Luongo)

(2) Commentary

Line-by-line, I think the value of the Sedins with Burrows has been proven well enough the past several seasons. When looking at our first-round exit to the eventual champs, a huge chunk of the reason we lost is right there in the fact that our missing scorer was out for the crucial first three games. This line is the big threat. Kesler will be hurt to start the season (unless there's a lockout) so Ebbett will likely take his spot until he's ready. Lapierre can be double-shifted from the fourth line if it doesn't work; in Kesler's absence the bottom three centers are essentially interchangeable. Booth will be the anchor for the second line. Higgins can move down if necessary. Volpatti and Wiese will be fixtures on the fourth line or potentially scratches if the prospects break through, but like the centers the Higgins/Hansen/Raymond trio can move around between the bottom four wing spots and the final top six wing, depending on who's hot. Jensen, Kassian, and Schroeder will have every opportunity to win a spot in camp depending on injuries or bad performances by Wiese/Volpatti/Raymond/Hansen. There are forward spots available. Jensen is most likely to make the team because of his strong showing last year and his threat to go back to Sweden if he doesn't make it. Kassian has a ton of hype thanks to the Hodgson trade but will likely start in the AHL unless he has a terrific camp.

The defence is pretty much set. Connauton could make the team if he has a strong camp or if there's an injury, but unlikely to make the starting lineup.

(3) Wants

The obvious need is for a real top-six winger on the second line. Shane Doan fits the bill perfectly. There's nobody else out there. Higgins can fill that spot in the regular season, or potentially Jensen or Kassian could grab it, but it's a spot that isn't filled by anyone particularly right now. Can't say I like our chances of getting Doan, but he's a perfect fit.

(4) Your team's surplus

Obviously it's in goal. The Luongo deal is hanging over the entire franchise right now, but Gillis ain't folding just yet. If Doan goes elsewhere, a Luongo deal is our only shot at filling the hole on the second-line wing. I hate to see Luongo go after all he's done for this club but that's how the wind is blowing. It's risky to go with an unproven guy like Schneider (you could say we'd be going all-in with pocket fours). If Gillis can get anything like what CBJ got for Nash, I think people would be happy.
(4b)
Ballard is a guy who has a big cap hit but hasn't shown much. He could go for next to nothing because Gillis can use the cap relief. Luongo, I already dealt with. Some people are talking Kesler but that'll never happen. Edler's contract is up at the end of this season, if Gillis decides he can't afford it and Garrison does real well, Edler isn't untouchable.

(5) Prospects

Jensen - big Danish forward with a soft touch around the net. I expect him to make the team out of camp. Coach doesn't like rookies much though, he might be in a toughness/skill platoon depending who the opponent is.
Kassian - huge forward, raw and could use a year in the AHL. If he has a big pre-season though he could take the spot of a Wiese or Volpatti and use it to move up into a bigger role.
Schroeder - has shown some skills but probably not big enough for the NHL yet, if ever.
Connauton - Offensive defenceman in waiting, likely needs another year in the AHL. Too much skill for bottom pairing but not seasoned enough for top four.
Lack - big, lanky NHL-ready goalie stuck behind Schneider-Luongo drama. Will start in the AHL unless current blockage is cleared.

(6) Strengths

Peripherals such as facilities, training staff, support services like sleep regime, healthy eating plan and all that junk are a real focus and it shows in the team's preparation. All the staff really are all in to create a winning environment and look for any possible edge. Very new-age, cutting-edge management style. Lots of winning the last few years. Fanbase is incredibly intense, if that's your thing.

(7) Weaknesses

Fanbase is incredibly intense, if that's not your thing. Drafting has been weak traditionally, and development only okay. Bad reputation in many hockey circles. Media are a pit of vipers and will flay you limb from limb to boot, often for no real good reason. Anyone joining this organization had better be ready for some intense micro-level scrutiny of their every action.

8) Draft Picks

We traded our 2013 3rd to the Panthers in the Higgins deal and 2013 4th to CBJ for Pahlsson.

(9) Cap Situation

We spend to the cap but still have a few million to work with. Trading Luongo and/or Ballard would give us some real flexibility but that doesn't seem too likely right now.

(10) Season Prediction

Assuming the season starts on time as it should, and we miss out on Doan and either keep Luongo or trade him for little return (these are probably what the most likely outcomes are), I expect the Canucks will finish no worse than second in the northwest, and will make the playoffs as one of the west's top four seeds. In my opinion we have alternated strong seasons with comparatively weak ones. Last season was weak. If the pattern holds, this should be a strong season. I fearlessly predict a lockout, but in the case of everyone coming to their senses somehow, the Canucks should make the playoffs easily and get to at least the second round with a strong showing. There will certainly be some stupid drama and shenanigans in the course of our season as per the requirements.
I agree with everything except our possible trading of Ballard. If we are desperate for cap space, yes, he could be Ehrhoff'd. More like I think we keep him and make space with the Luongo trade, as his last season and playoffs endeared him to myself and others after a rocky (and thats being generous) first year here.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:54 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

1) Starting Line-up (In flux, given the Doan situation)

Korpikoski - Vermette - Boedker
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Torres - Gordon - Moss
Bissonnette - Chipchura - Johnson

OEL - Z. Michalek
Yandle - Morris
Klesla - Schlemko

Smith
LaBarbera

Top Call-ups

Forwards: Miele (C), Shinnimin (C)
Defense: Stone, Summers, Gormley, Rundblad

2) Top Players
Radim Vrbata (RW) - Streaky, but a skilled winger who has put up career numbers playing in Phoenix. Underrated defensively. Although he may not replicate his 35 goal output w/ the loss of Whitney, he should be good for 25 goals year in and year out.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (D) - Progressed nicely in his second season. One of the best skaters in the league. Highly intelligent, has a great shot, excellent vision and hands. Already superb with his defensive positioning, OEL added some nice physicality last year to his play. Outstanding work ethic. And he's only 20! Needless to say, Yotes fans have very high hopes for him. Certainly has the potential to be a perennial Norris candidate. For now, fingers crossed he doesn't regress with increased ice time and responsibility. With the return of Z. Michalek, he should be able to focus on refining his offensive game. Should be good for at least 40 points next season - but this is a very conservative estimate.

Keith Yandle (D) - The second of the Yotes' potential Norris candidates. Has elite passing and vision - a PP QB who is capable of generating 50-60 points. Not very physical, but is sound defensively. Regressed a bit last year with unmanaged minutes and trying to do much, but came on strong at the end of the season and in the playoffs. A leader both on and off the ice.

Mike Smith (G) - Journeyman goaltender, who, after underachieving most of his career due to various issues, broke out with a Vezina-level year, which continued into the playoffs. Submitted multiple candidates for 2012 save of the year, and made Yotes fans forget about Bryzgalov. A gamer in net with a fiery temperament. Elite puck handling skills. Great glove. The big question is: can he repeat last season's success?

Mikkel Boedker (LW) - One of the fastest skaters in the league. Broke out during the 2012 playoffs. Amazing stickhandler, very accurate shot - just needs to shoot more. Superb in the shootout. Matured into a very reliable two-way player under Tippet's system, his speed and strength allows him to both forecheck and backcheck effectively. Another one of the Yotes big questions coming into this season: can he sustain what he accomplished during last year's playoffs and become a Top 6 winger we sorely need?

Martin Hanzal (C) - Shutdown center who effectively takes on the plethora of top-tier Cs in the Pacific with aplomb. Huge bodied and gritty. Offensive game is continually developing - 40-50 point ceiling.

3) Wants
a) Top 6 two-way center
b) Two top 6 wingers (who aren't defensive liabilities)
c) (Most importantly) Settled and stabled ownership
d) Shane Doan to resign and remain a Coyote for life

4) Surplus
a) Bottom pairing d-men
b) Defensive prospects

Trade Bait
a) None

5) Prospects
1. Brandon Gormley, Defense, 0-1 years
Intelligent, two-way, puck moving defenseman. Non-trivial chance he makes the roster either at the end of camp or at some point during the season.

2. David Rundblad, Defense, 0-2 years
Talented offensive d-man. Should be a stud PP QB. Right-hand shot. Still needs time to develop his defensive game. If he manages to put it all together, Rundblad would pair nicely with OEL to form a lethal top-pairing.

3. Henrik Samuelsson, Forward, 1-4 years
2012 1st round draft pick (27th overall), big bodied power forward with skill and plays with a mean streak. Unusual skating style and suspect speed - hopefully those will be addressed.

6) Strengths
a) Defense (Easy Top 5 in the league)
b) Goaltending
c) Defensive Prospects

7) Weaknesses
a) Lack of top-end forward talent.
b) Forward Prospects

8) Draft Picks

9) Cap Situation
Well under the floor.

10) Season Projection
2nd in the Pacific/7th-8th in the West. Pacific Division title is certainly within reach, though.

Last edited by IPreferPi: 08-05-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: spelling
IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

3) Wants
a) A two-way veteran stop-gap at 3C to ease some pressure and tough minutes off of Ennis and Hodgson.
b) See above.
c) More forward depth

4) Surplus
a) Defense
b) Ville Leino

Trade Bait
a) Jordan Leopold, possibly (1 year on his contract, could see Regier swapping him out for a 3C on a similar contract)
b) Depth defensemen (Pardy). Would want to swap him for a depth forward, though he probably slides into Shaone Morrisonn's slot in Rochester as a decent veteran presence to help out our young defenders.

5) Prospects
a. Mikhail Grigorenko, Center, 0-1 years

b. Joel Armia, RW, 1-2 years

c. Marcus Foligno, LW, 0 years

Other notables: Zemgus Girgensons (C/LW), Brayden McNabb (LD), Mark Pysyk (RD), and Jerome Gauthier-Leduc (RD)

6) Strengths
a) Defensive depth
b) Many prospects who are or are close to NHL-ready
c) Goaltending

7) Weaknesses
a) Forward depth
b) Lack of quality wing prospects (huge drop off after Armia and Foligno)
c) Weakness at center on the NHL roster (will be relying heavily on 2 very young centers)

8) Draft Picks
2013: 1-3, 5-7 (4th traded to NSH in Gaustad deal)
2014: All rounds

10) Season Projection
Playoff bubble team, again. There are some question marks at forward, with Ennis and Hodgson being expected to step up into 1/2 roles this season, and Grigorenko also possibly making the team. The depth in terms of replacements/call-ups available is also not great. However, our depth and quality at defense and goaltending should allow the Sabres to contend for a playoff spot, which would be a great experience for the young players on the roster, though I doubt they seriously contend for the cup. .

What I disagree on......

Armia---He steps in and makes the NHL team next year.

If their are no significant injuries and they properly rest Miller (55-58 games max) then they make the playoffs easily.

Last season if it wasnt for that time with Miller/Ehrhoff/Myers injuries where for a 20 game stretch they played awful --they played at a presidents trophy clip the rest of the season. I see then seed 5 or higher.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote