HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreality View Post
I think gionta is a good leader but hes small ( smaller players dont age too well ...except for st louis lol), injured his biceps ( he had a great shot...well se if its still as quick) and the fact is imo that hes not a fit for pleks...
What does being small have to do with being a leader?

I know a ton of small players that aged well...Recchi Koivu St.Louis Rafalski Alfredsson Briere Timonen.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

?

What would we have to give up for this deal?

Old
07-26-2012, 11:05 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Gorges + Bourque? Not sure if trading with the Sharks is a good idea TBH. Their fan base seem to always want a lot and every name that always gets out of Montreal is always qualified as "no interest". That's why I put Gorges in there.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:06 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Complete the following deal if doable:

Gudbranson for Subban.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Complete the following deal if doable:

Gudbranson for Subban.
Gudbrandson++++++ For Subban.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What does being small have to do with being a leader?

I know a ton of small players that aged well...Recchi Koivu St.Louis Rafalski Alfredsson Briere Timonen.
Alfredsson is not small.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Alfredsson is not small.
People think if your not 6ft your tiny

Old
07-28-2012, 10:32 AM
LeHaboholique

There is a large mass of NHL set Centers in montreal Between Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller And Soon to be Galchenyuk isn't it time to give one up, but i waant to know, who , why, and for who?

Old
07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
There is a large mass of NHL set Centers in montreal Between Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller And Soon to be Galchenyuk isn't it time to give one up, but i waant to know, who , why, and for who?
There is no need to trade one right away wait tell someone like gally or eller force there hand

Old
07-28-2012, 12:18 PM
LeHaboholique

that is a very good point, i didn't think of it like that. but on that center note, is it possible to say that DD's season may have been a fluke and that it may be time for eller to force a hand?

Old
07-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Whenever Galchenyuk is ready, I don't see the harm in starting him on the wing. Many star centers have started their careers this way. I'd rather that, than force a trade.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
that is a very good point, i didn't think of it like that. but on that center note, is it possible to say that DD's season may have been a fluke and that it may be time for eller to force a hand?
No it was not a fluke. Watch the guy play all he does is get better. Awesome player, he may not be tall but i think he is our best centre at the moment playing in the nhl. I expect him to put up the same amount of points or more and i expect the same with max pacio.

On a side note eller is Athletic but doesnt have the passing of dehairnais. Right now he hasnt really been able to score all that much either. Still young though and i hope he progresses this year and excells

Old
07-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
No it was not a fluke. Watch the guy play all he does is get better. Awesome player, he may not be tall but i think he is our best centre at the moment playing in the nhl. I expect him to put up the same amount of points or more and i expect the same with max pacio.

On a side note eller is Athletic but doesnt have the passing of dehairnais. Right now he hasnt really been able to score all that much either. Still young though and i hope he progresses this year and excells
True enough, Eller does not have the passing skills and vision of DD, but on his defence he did not have an offence mandate on the team. I am looking forward to see wath he can do with steady partners.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:55 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
True enough, Eller does not have the passing skills and vision of DD, but on his defence he did not have an offence mandate on the team. I am looking forward to see wath he can do with steady partners.
Steady partners is fine, but the issue is having at least one steady partner with skill. We need to give Eller a chance to be successful offensively and he isnt going to do that with energy grinders on both his wings. Not sure how skillful Armstrong is though. Last season AK filled the role well until, for some reason unkown to me, he was pulled from Ellers line. Maybe it was because RC wanted a north-south game and that wasnt AKs game, not sure. If Eller doesnt get a skill winger I think his development will be hurt and we are basically turning him into a checking centre, so dont blame the young man when he fails to put up points.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

?

Sharks fans would take Eller, 2nd round pick and I think a later pick, or a meh prospects.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
S Bah

Quote:

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

?

Unless San Jose is doing a rebuild they aren't going to trade two key personnel,just as Bergevin won't trade if he can sign a key piece as a UFA.Step by step the Habs are going in the right direction and we as fans just need patience.By patience I mean until the driftwood disappears to be replaced with Teak for the deck.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:22 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

?

With Gorges and Markov on the left side, Emelin and Bouillon too, and Jared Tinordi projecting to take the same role, Murray is unnecessary, Clowe on the other hand is the kind of player who could really be a valuable player in a Habs jersey, though his penchant for dumb penalties is a little worrisome. If you could swing Bourque/Weber/White for Clowe/Demers i'd take that trade.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Steady partners is fine, but the issue is having at least one steady partner with skill. We need to give Eller a chance to be successful offensively and he isnt going to do that with energy grinders on both his wings. Not sure how skillful Armstrong is though. Last season AK filled the role well until, for some reason unkown to me, he was pulled from Ellers line. Maybe it was because RC wanted a north-south game and that wasnt AKs game, not sure. If Eller doesnt get a skill winger I think his development will be hurt and we are basically turning him into a checking centre, so dont blame the young man when he fails to put up points.

Indeed, steady partner is a start, but one skilled winger would be great. I would like to see some changes in our top lines to perhaps bootstrap some players like Plekanek, Eller and Bourque. If we find a way to get these guys going without distroying too much the magic of Pacs and DD.

Perhaps pairing Bourque with DD and Cole would be enough to get Bourque going. DD has been able to adjust to just about any winger he was given.

Put Pacs on a line with Plekanec and a young guy (perhaps the better of Gallagher and Leblanc at camp). I think that Pacioretty being probably our most skilled winger would be enough to get Plekanec going.

That leaves you Gionta for the third line and along with Moen these three guys could probably have some chimistry. That would give us a third line with some offensive capabilities.

It would then leave Prust, White and Armstrong for the forth line. To me it looks like a decent lineup and I do not see the need to make trades before the season.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Indeed, steady partner is a start, but one skilled winger would be great. I would like to see some changes in our top lines to perhaps bootstrap some players like Plekanek, Eller and Bourque. If we find a way to get these guys going without distroying too much the magic of Pacs and DD.

Perhaps pairing Bourque with DD and Cole would be enough to get Bourque going. DD has been able to adjust to just about any winger he was given.

Put Pacs on a line with Plekanec and a young guy (perhaps the better of Gallagher and Leblanc at camp). I think that Pacioretty being probably our most skilled winger would be enough to get Plekanec going.

That leaves you Gionta for the third line and along with Moen these three guys could probably have some chimistry. That would give us a third line with some offensive capabilities.

It would then leave Prust, White and Armstrong for the forth line. To me it looks like a decent lineup and I do not see the need to make trades before the season.
Gionta is our third best winger after Patches and Cole. No way he should be on the third line.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Gionta is our third best winger after Patches and Cole. No way he should be on the third line.
I don't foresee Gionta leaving Plekanec's line or Bourque for that matter.People have to remember Therrien is the coach now and nobody rides for free under his watchful eyes. The Habs will be a physical team that plays all three periods and won't let the opposition have an easy shift.This edition will be surprisingly tough and offence will come from all lines and the defence,as professional hockey teams are supposed to do.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I don't foresee Gionta leaving Plekanec's line or Bourque for that matter.People have to remember Therrien is the coach now and nobody rides for free under his watchful eyes. The Habs will be a physical team that plays all three periods and won't let the opposition have an easy shift.This edition will be surprisingly tough and offence will come from all lines and the defence,as professional hockey teams are supposed to do.
I don't foresee Gionta leaving Gomez's line and they'll have Bourque as a linemate.

If they follow you're advise on being physical they'll fade heavily during the stretch run. They'll run out of gas just like a bunch of deadbeats. What's wrong with these guys everyone will say.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
How has what you said refuted my point that Gionta will play in the top 6? Gionta is one of our hardest working players and one of our top defensive wingers so I have no clue why Therrien wouldn't like him. Also I don't see anyone on the right side tougher than Gionta coming in to take a spot. Who would be replacing him to make us a tougher team? Leblanc? Gallagher?

Gionta should make a great complement to Plekanec on the shutdown line and he can hopefully have it actually generate some offense on it.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
How has what you said refuted my point that Gionta will play in the top 6? Gionta is one of our hardest working players and one of our top defensive wingers so I have no clue why Therrien wouldn't like him. Also I don't see anyone on the right side tougher than Gionta coming in to take a spot. Who would be replacing him to make us a tougher team? Leblanc? Gallagher?

Gionta should make a great complement to Plekanec on the shutdown line and he can hopefully have it actually generate some offense on it.
I didn't refute what you said,Gionta will be in the top six on Plekanec's line with Bourque.Therrien will like his work ethic and he will see lots of icetime.Bourque has been working out hard this summer and should impress his coach.Rene has to be consistent and maintaining a good work regime will also help him do that.He's the player on that line that needs to keep up with Gionta's and Plekanec's work ethic on the ice or he'll look like an amateur.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-31-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I don't foresee Gionta leaving Gomez's line and they'll have Bourque as a linemate.

If they follow you're advise on being physical they'll fade heavily during the stretch run. They'll run out of gas just like a bunch of deadbeats. What's wrong with these guys everyone will say.
I dont foresee Gomez In the Habs line up come fall time and if he is it is not in a top 9 role. He does not deserve to play centre while a young guy like Eller would be moved to the wing.

Old
08-01-2012, 05:31 AM
S Bah

Unless there is a knock your socks off trade offer this summer it's highly unlikely any moves will be made.The management team needs to assess the players they have at their disposal in pre-season action and most likely the first twenty games of the regular season.By then it will become apparent to Therrien and Bergevin what needs they have to make the team better.There is one goal in mind to start, that being the character of the team and the ultimate goal (Stanley Cup).I'm sure the Habs will be ready from the opening game,playing hard-nosed tight checking physical hockey.From that point they will look for the best options on each lines and defence pairings game by game.Any weaknesses will be found,corrected and if need be trades will take place if none of the prospects in Hamilton are ready for action in the NHL.The Management team put together this summer are men of action and won't be making moves unless ultimately the moves will help the team for the future as well as the present.So enjoy the summer and get ready for Old Time Montreal Canadiens hockey again.Beware all ye less prepared teams for the Habs are back and will not play like the team from last season.As a fan I'm really looking forward to being treated to Habs Hockey the old school way,if you catch my drift.Go Habs Go!

Closed Thread