HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rick Nash Tribute Thread

Old
07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
The Rick Nash Tribute Thread

Most of the significant contributors to the Columbus Blue Jackets have received a tribute/thank you thread on this forum. Now that we're getting removed from the big trade, I think it's appropriate to do so for the most significant player in team history (thus far).

Here's a thread for recollections, tributes, thanks and other such nicities. If you're still sore over the trade (and his role in it coming to pass), or if you've never been a fan of the big guy, this is not the thread for you - unless you can keep your comments in perspective and civil. (Comments not of this nature will be deleted and result in threadbans.)

Thank you.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:03 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Nash will always be one of my favorite players

I remember watching him in the world juniors and hoping we could get the big strong power forward on our team. Along with watching most of his games I had the opportunity to meet him on a few occassions and he was a genuine, humble, soft spoken man.

I always hoped that Mgmt., would do whatever was necessary to bring in Brad Richards to centre him. Together they will do great for the Rangers (please always keep in mind this chemistry should have been on the CBJ, Richards was willing to come here).

The goal in Phoenix exemplifies Rick at his best, knowing the entire defensive gameplan was slanted to him & he had taken a bad penalty to allow the tying goal, he weaved through the defense on a great breakout pass & buried the puck

You no longer need to carry the load, you can just play, Good luck Nasher!!!

Oh & when you signed for 8 years with the CBJ shutting up Tronta fan.. priceless!

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:38 PM
BluejacketNut

He was the Columbus Bluejackets. People will say he dogged it, but when youre out of the playoffs by Dec/Jan in more years then not, I dont care who you are, a little bit of care leaves you when youre just playing the games out and know everyone is keyed on you. He showed what he was capable of doing when he had playmakers with him when he had guys like Whitney, Cassels and Vyborny. I dont blame Nash for wanting to leave, I would have wanted to leave also if I saw they were going to continue with Howson after the last few terrible years, showing that losing is acceptable.

The Rangers are the favorite to win the Cup IMO....they have an elite goaltender and have a complete elite 1st line with Nash-Richards-Gaborik. Im glad he gets a chance to win with a real NHL team, instead of playing for a farm league team

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:38 PM
cbj21

Still remember the draft day where Jackets picked Nash. Was visiting my grandmother and i had to put on the tv and update the CNN text-tv now and then to find out the draft results. I was very happy when we picked him. He has been a steady goal scorer for us and you knew what you would get with Rick. Thanks for the good timeand good luck in Rangers Nash!!

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Roadman
Moving On

My favorite Nash moment was the look on his face in Chicago when he had just scored the tying goal that put the CBJ in the playoffs.

Truely priceless.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I was there for his first NHL goal and all the senseless diving he tried to get away with afterwards. I've watched him grow into a mini-Bertuzzi, someone that only plays hard he wants to. I soured on Rick with his performance at Game 3 versus the Wings here in Nationwide. One would think that the captain of a team that's having their first ever home playoff game and he plays like he couldn't care less. I believe Huselius played the body more in that game. I offically wrote him off with his play leading up to the Olympics in 2010, disgraceful doesn't really cover.

This team has sucked out loud for 9/10s of it's existence and Nash been the face of the franchise for the majority of the time. Him leaving is a rebirth for me as a fan, things will only get better from here.

I hold no ill will toward the guy but he is by no means a superstar, aside from his salary.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Speedy Sanderson

January 17, 2008 versus Phoenix.....just sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wk_wuWmJRs

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
My favorite Nash moment was the look on his face in Chicago when he had just scored the tying goal that put the CBJ in the playoffs.

Truely priceless.
Assisted by Malhotra and Chimera.

My favorite Nash memories are the goals vs the Red Wings (rick rolled), the fight with Vandemeer, and of course the PHO goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7uQ...feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IWSM1MMhlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdkleGfSctk

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
cbjfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
I was there for his first NHL goal and all the senseless diving he tried to get away with afterwards. I've watched him grow into a mini-Bertuzzi, someone that only plays hard he wants to. I soured on Rick with his performance at Game 3 versus the Wings here in Nationwide. One would think that the captain of a team that's having their first ever home playoff game and he plays like he couldn't care less. I believe Huselius played the body more in that game. I offically wrote him off with his play leading up to the Olympics in 2010, disgraceful doesn't really cover.

This team has sucked out loud for 9/10s of it's existence and Nash been the face of the franchise for the majority of the time. Him leaving is a rebirth for me as a fan, things will only get better from here.

I hold no ill will toward the guy but he is by no means a superstar, aside from his salary.
So, I guess you missed DSL's advice with the original post?

I hope for success with Rick with the Rangers and that Dubinsky, Arnisimov and Erixon will be some of the pieces to our CBJ becoming a consistent, playoff contender.

Ultimate goal is to see Nash come back to the CBJ after his current contract is complete and be on the first Stanley Cup team in Columbus and retire a Blue Jacket.

Hey, a guy can dream...right?

cbjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1695
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:

Well stated.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I'll be rooting for the Rangers in the playoffs next season, that's for sure. Good luck, Rick

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:

Agreed! I wish this post had a "Like" button.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I'll be rooting for the Rangers in the playoffs next season, that's for sure. Good luck, Rick
This

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

My favorite Rick Nash moment is his first NHL goal. I'll never forget it, as he scored in his first NHL game, and I truly realized at that moment that he was a special player. The goal against Phoenix was certainly special, as was the "between the legs goal" against St. Louis.

Honorable mention:

Cheers, Rick. I wish you nothing but the best in New York, and I will always be a huge fan of yours. A real gentleman, and an unbelievably talented player.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:23 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:

ThisIsMyAlibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Hooks

Quote:

Well said.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:25 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

As a younger Jackets fan, Nash means a great amount to me, and is part of the reason I'm such a big hockey fan. Growing up this decade in Columbus, and not being much of an OSU fan, Nash was the only true sports star I ever had. I enjoyed growing up, and watching him mature as a player and man, and tried to model myself after him as both a player, and a person. He was truly a great role model for me, and I'm sure many other hockey kids growing up in Columbus as well, and I'll never forget that. He has always deserved better, and he finally got what he deserves. I hold no grudge against what he did, and will only continue to cheer for him, and I hope to god he proves the naysayers wrong and scores 50 for a couple of years. He did all he could for us, and its been a great ride. Thanks Rick. Go win a cup! You deserve it!

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:48 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
As a younger Jackets fan, Nash means a great amount to me, and is part of the reason I'm such a big hockey fan. Growing up this decade in Columbus, and not being much of an OSU fan, Nash was the only true sports star I ever had. I enjoyed growing up, and watching him mature as a player and man, and tried to model myself after him as both a player, and a person. He was truly a great role model for me, and I'm sure many other hockey kids growing up in Columbus as well, and I'll never forget that. He has always deserved better, and he finally got what he deserves. I hold no grudge against what he did, and will only continue to cheer for him, and I hope to god he proves the naysayers wrong and scores 50 for a couple of years. He did all he could for us, and its been a great ride. Thanks Rick. Go win a cup! You deserve it!
Same as me

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

I'll pay tribute to the fact that the Nash drama is over. He was a very good player (when he wanted to be) on some very bad teams and that's about it in terms of how I'll remember his days here in Columbus. As the so-called franchise player, he never really led the Jackets to anything positive; the only time they made the playoffs during his time here can be attributed to the play of Mason as much as anyone else, so I'm not really shedding any tears about him leaving.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
The Rangers are great organization and I hope Rick excels there, good luck dude...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:02 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 15000
Rick Nash has been the most talented player to ever wear the Union Blue. An All-Star and Olympian. I will miss him and will always root for him unless he is playing the CBJ.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I want him to thrive and be happy. I wish no ill will on him. I loved him while he was here and he will always be one of my all-time favorite Jackets.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Nash was the most talented player to ever play for the Jackets. By a million miles. Also a humble, soft spoken star. Over the top offensive skill. He will thrive with a real NHL team, not the farm club he's played with.

Go ahead, big boy...............win multiple Cups!!

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 07-29-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: nope
Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:02 AM
ndd17
Hate the rags!!!

Good luck, Rick!
To in total you good on a new place.Thanks for everything.

ndd17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 07:20 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

The thing i appreciated the most about Nash was his public personae: humble, soft spoken, fan-friendly.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote