HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 07:55 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

All new season talk regarding Dinamo Riga goes here
For now roster looks something like
Karsums-Giroux-Johnson
Nizivijs-Schremp-Indrasis
Bukarts-Lucenius-Ivanans
Upitis-Dzerins-Ankipans

Last edited by BalticWarrior: 07-27-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old
07-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Odd line-up, tbh. Giroux as C and Johnson as RW? We finally have some depth in the middle, so Lucenius can be moved to LW on the 3rd line (or RW on 2nd, 'cause I don't believe in Indrašis that much). Ivanans' place is 4th line at best (Podziņš as his replacement), Džeriņš and Ankipāns can be easily moved up one line, while Bičevskis claims 4C. Overall, we have a decent roster, enough to make the play-offs.

Karsums-Schremp-Giroux
Ņiživijs-Johnson-Indrašis/Lucenius/Ankipāns
Lucenius/Bukarts-Džeriņš-Ankipāns/Indrašis
Ivanāns/Podziņš/Upītis-Bičevskis-Meija

K.Rēdlihs-Galviņš
Reķis-Carle
Sotnieks-Cibuļskis
Laviņš-J.Rēdlihs

Tellqvist/Jučers

Old
07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Odd line-up, tbh. Giroux as C and Johnson as RW? We finally have some depth in the middle, so Lucenius can be moved to LW on the 3rd line (or RW on 2nd, 'cause I don't believe in Indrašis that much). Ivanans' place is 4th line at best (Podziņš as his replacement), Džeriņš and Ankipāns can be easily moved up one line, while Bičevskis claims 4C. Overall, we have a decent roster, enough to make the play-offs.

Karsums-Schremp-Giroux
Ņiživijs-Johnson-Indrašis/Lucenius/Ankipāns
Lucenius/Bukarts-Džeriņš-Ankipāns/Indrašis
Ivanāns/Podziņš/Upītis-Bičevskis-Meija

K.Rēdlihs-Galviņš
Reķis-Carle
Sotnieks-Cibuļskis
Laviņš-J.Rēdlihs

Tellqvist/Jučers
Why not? Indrasis proved himself capable at WC i think his upside is 2 line winger on our current roster while Lucenisuses debut was a complete disaster last year why do you trust him more than indrasis?
But yeah my roster was quickly made so few mistakes were made
Also IMO Podzins doesnt deserve a roster spot a 4th line C Bicevskis is alot better i think

Old
07-27-2012, 08:51 AM
BalticWarrior

What worries me though is our D-Rekis,Lavins,Sotnieks are just diasasters to put it mildly.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Our D corps is the same as last year, just take out old Ozo and put in Carle. R handed D for the PP.

One WHC is clearly not enough to determine if a player is good or not. Cipulis had tremendous WC 2011 and horrific 11/12 regular season for DR.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:04 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Our D corps is the same as last year, just take out old Ozo and put in Carle. R handed D for the PP.

One WHC is clearly not enough to determine if a player is good or not. Cipulis had tremendous WC 2011 and horrific 11/12 regular season for DR.
Yeah,but im just saying that Indrasis has the potential to be 2nd line winger and that lucenius hasnt shown aything at all to be worth of trust.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:31 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
A lot of knee-jerking as always. Player A has a bad month - he is useless, player B has solid month - has all the potential in the world.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Greeningfan14

I like the Karsums-Schremp-Giroux line.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:05 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
A lot of knee-jerking as always. Player A has a bad month - he is useless, player B has solid month - has all the potential in the world.
But thing about a player like lucenius he wasnt bad just one month,he sucked whole season long

Old
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
But thing about a player like lucenius he wasnt bad just one month,he sucked whole season long
He by no means was bad, he was average and snake-bitten. He contributed a lot more to the team than puck-hog Nizivijs or your favorite superstar Indrasis. Can't remember you advocating Indrasis call-up during last playoffs when we had our goal scoring woes.

I'm disappointed that Lavins got a new deal too, but then you've never complained about J. Redlihs who is just as underwhelming physically (and positionally) as Rodrigo, despite having the necessary frame for such hockey. By all this I'm saying your criticism (and lack of it elsewhere) of certain players is foolish and makes your posts look pretty foolish, because thers more wrong with this team than "sucky-ness" of some individuals.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
He by no means was bad, he was average and snake-bitten. He contributed a lot more to the team than puck-hog Nizivijs or your favorite superstar Indrasis. Can't remember you advocating Indrasis call-up during last playoffs when we had our goal scoring woes.

I'm disappointed that Lavins got a new deal too, but then you've never complained about J. Redlihs who is just as underwhelming physically (and positionally) as Rodrigo, despite having the necessary frame for such hockey. By all this I'm saying your criticism (and lack of it elsewhere) of certain players is foolish and makes your posts look pretty foolish, because thers more wrong with this team than "sucky-ness" of some individuals.
Avarage?! he was avarege? ok let me post his stats for you from the last season - 0(!!) Goals and 15 passes it would be all good and great if he were a defencemen but thats not why we signed him,we signed him so he scores goals,atleast nizivijs can do that-score goals.And J.Redlihs is alot better positionally than Lavins by a country mile,its not even comparable.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:37 PM
ozo

Quote:
Avarage?! he was avarege? ok let me post his stats for you from the last season - 0(!!) Goals and 15 passes it would be all good and great if he were a defencemen but thats not why we signed him,we signed him so he scores goals,atleast nizivijs can do that-score goals.And J.Redlihs is alot better positionally than Lavins by a country mile,its not even comparable.
Like three more? Can Nizivijs play center like Lucenius? Of course, not. Can Nizivijs skate? Again no. Is Nizivijs at least better defensively? Again, a big fat no. If Lucenius, would get as much PP time as Aleksandrs, Lucenius could of have scored those three tap-ins last year too. Lucenius next season will be different animal, you can clearly see that when he will start scoring he will be just as crucial to our team like Sprukts have been in recent seasons.

J. Redlihs simply is a faster player, that's way his desperation scrambling doesn't look so sad as Lavins panic defending. Our D-corps as such were one of the worst in whole league last year and I fear one Carle won't be able to fix them. We need big, imposing and more importantly physical D-men like Kulda or Bartulis, but unfortunately it looks like it won't happen this season.

Old
07-29-2012, 03:00 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Like three more? Can Nizivijs play center like Lucenius? Of course, not. Can Nizivijs skate? Again no. Is Nizivijs at least better defensively? Again, a big fat no. If Lucenius, would get as much PP time as Aleksandrs, Lucenius could of have scored those three tap-ins last year too. Lucenius next season will be different animal, you can clearly see that when he will start scoring he will be just as crucial to our team like Sprukts have been in recent seasons.

J. Redlihs simply is a faster player, that's way his desperation scrambling doesn't look so sad as Lavins panic defending. Our D-corps as such were one of the worst in whole league last year and I fear one Carle won't be able to fix them. We need big, imposing and more importantly physical D-men like Kulda or Bartulis, but unfortunately it looks like it won't happen this season.
The thing with nizvijs was that he was injured for a big chunk of the season,if he werent he would`ve got atleast 10-15 goals.

Old
07-29-2012, 04:27 AM
ozo

Quote:
The thing with nizvijs was that he was injured for a big chunk of the season,if he werent he would`ve got atleast 10-15 goals.
Quite a stretch if you ask me. In 33 games he scored 3 goals, so in order to reach your expectations he should of gone on his personal record breaking spree, because he has never scored more than 12 in whole season. Would be interesting to see how many of his goals are empty netters as well because he sure gets more than fair share of them.

If a guy at his age and with his playing style (avoiding physical contact like plague) starts to frequently get injured you have to wonder whether he should be playing at this level at all. The only thing he has going for him lately is his marketability and that's about it.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:15 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Quite a stretch if you ask me. In 33 games he scored 3 goals, so in order to reach your expectations he should of gone on his personal record breaking spree, because he has never scored more than 12 in whole season. Would be interesting to see how many of his goals are empty netters as well because he sure gets more than fair share of them.

If a guy at his age and with his playing style (avoiding physical contact like plague) starts to frequently get injured you have to wonder whether he should be playing at this level at all. The only thing he has going for him lately is his marketability and that's about it.
Yeah cause you know lucenius is SO physical.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:30 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Sasha had a terrible season, I don't believe that injuries and Loko tragedy didn't play a role in that. He was darker than night in September. He will be better this season, but probably won't hit any career highs. I'd take a decent NA winger over him.

And it's silly to discard Lucenius. Cipulis had more goals than the young Finnish forward, but will someone dare to say that Mārtiņš was better? Lucenius made a big impact D-wise, hell, he had the best +/- amongst forwards (though he didn't have a lot of points, all of them were ES). He has the chance to shine in the 12/13 campaign. Btw, I'm interested to know if he became bigger during the summer.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:36 AM
BalticWarrior

I wouldnt be too suprised if Karsums will be amongst top 5 leagues scorers he has the skill and as Abols said during training you literally cant get him off the ice,so you know hes dedicated to be one of the best this season.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:52 AM
ozo

Quote:
Yeah cause you know lucenius is SO physical.
So according to you he isn't? Seriously? He (besides Karsums) was our grittiest player by far, Sprukts leaves a lot to be desired, because he throws his body around only when he is pissed and frustrated. Is there somebody else I missed?

I'm completely with Helpoing, when (if) Lucenius will put it all together he'll become on of our best players of the team.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:44 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
So according to you he isn't? Seriously? He (besides Karsums) was our grittiest player by far, Sprukts leaves a lot to be desired, because he throws his body around only when he is pissed and frustrated. Is there somebody else I missed?

I'm completely with Helpoing, when (if) Lucenius will put it all together he'll become on of our best players of the team.
Thats a HUGE if

Old
08-02-2012, 08:23 AM
BalticWarrior

Can someone here explain to me who holds the Dinamo Riga broadcasting rights? Who will broadcast this seasons games? LTV7? Or Viasat? (hope not)

Old
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
croAVSfan*

Hopefully it will be LTV7, so I can watch for free DR games

What are expectations from DR fans ? Playoffs should be reachable ?

Old
08-02-2012, 01:30 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Hopefully it will be LTV7, so I can watch for free DR games

What are expectations from DR fans ? Playoffs should be reachable ?
Totally reachable i would even go as far as say even more-so than last year.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Totally reachable i would even go as far as say even more-so than last year.
We have a better team, I agree, but the way KHL decided to split the conferences is rather annoying (8 out of 12 East teams make the play-offs, and in the meantime 8 out of 14 West teams qualify). So SKA, CSKA, Loko, Dynamo Moscow are certainly in, I think Lev as well. Which means we will be fighting with Atlant, Severstal, Donbass, Torpedo, Dinamo Minsk and Slovan for the last spots. That will be tight as hell.

Old
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
RobertR

It should be interesting season. I`ll be looking forward to it.

I`am saying that, because i saw that most people hopes are not so high (we lost Mikelis and Sprukts, for 99% we will lose Ozo too) and a lot of fans think wee would replace them with some average AHL guys, like we always do, but this season, i think it is a little bit different and i put a big hope for these guys.

Giroux, top3 AHL player for 2 seasons two straight 50+ goal seasons!! That is not some Lundmark guy ( no offence ) to me.

Schremp, not so great stats, but i searched a little bit info about him, and it sad, that guy had great potential but coz hes weak defensive play could`ant find a way in to NHL.

Other guys are solid too. Carle seems a very good OD to me, those skills we despretly need as ozo replecment. Coz as we all know, our D guys are awful at offence.

Johnson, to me is one of those "AHL avarege guys" but still, with appropriate work ethic he can be a solid help for us.

Telly, again, lots of hate from the fans. IMO, much better then HOLT, more stable the most important thing.

So in my opinion team is definetlly not worse then previous one, but mby even better.

And sorry for my bad english guys. First time writing such a big post here.

Old
08-02-2012, 07:06 PM
smitty10

Quote:
I wouldnt be too suprised if Karsums will be amongst top 5 leagues scorers he has the skill and as Abols said during training you literally cant get him off the ice,so you know hes dedicated to be one of the best this season.
Is there any chance that his game has progressed to the point of him being able to stick in a top 6 role at the NHL level? I know Tampa Bay is still fairly high on him and retained his rights after he left for the KHL and with Yzerman seemingly loving players from former Soviet states, I could see him fitting in on Tampa.

Closed Thread