HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Sven Baertschi (2011, 13th overall, Calgary)

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Canucks fan that watches a lot of WHL. His upside is very high. Wants to be great and has all the tools to do so. Flames fans are in for a treat with this kid.

He's quick, sees the game very well and has great hands. That plus his work ethic make him a slam dunk in my mind. Only thing Flames have to watch is how they develop him. Bringing him up to play with Backlund and Jackman 5 minutes a night would be terrible for him as it would ruin his confidence and stifle his creativity. He is a very good playmaker already, if they want him in the NHL it should be as a top 6 winger from the start. If they handle him right, look out he'll be an elite scorer at LW.
Thats my favorite thing about Bartschi, he has all the tools. You can just tell how bad he wants it though, how much he wants to be great.

Could go a long way with an attitude like that.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Thats my favorite thing about Bartschi, he has all the tools. You can just tell how bad he wants it though, how much he wants to be great.

Could go a long way with an attitude like that.
Sven reminds me a lot of Nazem Kadri, however significantly more explosive in his skating. Tantalizing talent and speed is a recipe for success.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
oilWILDcountry

All I know is that I'm not looking forward to facing him 12 times a year...

Old
07-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Last year he averaged 2 ppg with Portland. Watching him in the playoffs alongside Rattie was frightening. I see point per game potential at an NHL level.

Old
07-27-2012, 08:04 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Last year he averaged 2 ppg with Portland. Watching him in the playoffs alongside Rattie was frightening. I see point per game potential at an NHL level.
He are some of his highlights from the playoff run this season.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:55 AM
SickHandsNoShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilWILDcountry View Post
All I know is that I'm not looking forward to facing him 12 times a year...
Wait a sec.....

Old
07-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Eddie Shore

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. WHL success does not equal NHL success.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:14 PM
oilWILDcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
Wait a sec.....

Oilers and Wild

Old
07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shore View Post
Point being? The convo is about potential, not certainties

Old
07-28-2012, 01:36 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

This kid is phenomenal in tight.. wow

Seriously envious of the flames on this one.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shore View Post
Yeah. Just hope he does alright in his first few games in the NHL. Could go far into deciding what type of impact he'll have.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Kershaw

Eberle 2.0.

Old
07-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

watching him get shut down by the oil kings in the WHL final makes me think he wont become elite. probably 70 pts in his prime. he seems like a guy that gets rattled and thrown off his game easily. he definitely likes to chirp

Old
07-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Eberle 2.0.
lmfao, i dont think so

Old
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oillio View Post
watching him get shut down by the oil kings in the WHL final makes me think he wont become elite. probably 70 pts in his prime. he seems like a guy that gets rattled and thrown off his game easily. he definitely likes to chirp
Shut down I guess being under 2 points per game is upsetting but he had 9 points in 7 games including 7 goals.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Yeah. Just hope he does alright in his first few games in the NHL. Could go far into deciding what type of impact he'll have.
How's 3 goals in 5 games sound?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...d=nhl-keymatch

Old
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Shut down I guess being under 2 points per game is upsetting but he had 9 points in 7 games including 7 goals.
well considering how well he was doing in the games before the oil kings series, yes he was shut down. he was pretty much non existent in game 7

Old
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
well considering how well he was doing in the games before the oil kings series, yes he was shut down. he was pretty much non existent in game 7
So your proof that he wont be an elite player is that when you shut the guy down he is still a goal-per-game player?

Old
07-28-2012, 07:34 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
lmfao, i dont think so
why Oiler fan?

Old
07-28-2012, 07:36 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
So your proof that he wont be an elite player is that when you shut the guy down he is still a goal-per-game player?
A guy called on team 1260 (edmontons sporting show) saying that he wouldn't trade Eberle for Crosby or Malkin...this is probably the guy you are arguing with. Living in Edmonton you deal with a lot of these "out of the box" thinkers.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:39 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:
I expected his production to increase against the top team during a playoff series too. but there were rumours he wasn't at 100% so I'm going to excuse him for only being a goal/game.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
victor

Not Eberle 2.0, probably closer to Hemsky 2.0.

Highly skilled, creative winger on a powerhouse team, similar to Hemsky's Hull Olympiques in 2000. Hemsky went 68gp 36g 64a 100pts for Hull in his draft year, followed by 53gp 27g 70a 97pts in his next year. Bartschi went 66gp 34g 51a 85pts in his draft year, and 47gp 33g 61a 94pts in his 18 year old year. Hemsky lead that team in points as a 17 year old, 2nd in points as an 18 year old.

It will be interesting to see who on the Flames they play as his centre. Czervenka's a rookie as well, I can't imagine Hartley wanting both playing at the same time. Any chance he gets first line minutes with Cammalleri?

Like Hemsky, his first seasons in the NHL will likely be with less than optimal centres.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
wtf?

Anyone who watched that series knows that Sven was the only reason why it went to 7 games.

Sven single-handedly brought the team back from deficits three times in that series, always scoring the important goals. He was the only offense going for Portland. The Oil Kings are a heck of a team and have great goaltending and defence. They'll be even better next season.

You don't think he has Eberle potential? Why not? It's not like Eberle was picked first overall here. Both are similar in height and stature, and play very similar games. They can both stick handle in a phone booth.

Of course Sven has a long way to go before he reaches the calibre of Eberle, but right now I see no reason why Sven can't be as good in the future.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:42 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
wtf?

Anyone who watched that series knows that Sven was the only reason why it went to 7 games.

Sven single-handedly brought the team back from deficits three times in that series, always scoring the important goals. He was the only offense going for Portland. The Oil Kings are a heck of a team and have great goaltending and defence. They'll be even better next season.

You don't think he has Eberle potential? Why not? It's not like Eberle was picked first overall here. Both are similar in height and stature, and play very similar games. They can both stick handle in a phone booth.

Of course Sven has a long way to go before he reaches the calibre of Eberle, but right now I see no reason why Sven can't be as good in the future.
6 years (probably 8) without a competitive team to cheer for can make a lot of people delusional.

Btw, Eberle is 5'8 and he's skinny as hell. See him in Edmonton quite often. He won't last long in the NHL if he doesn't put at least some muscle. Even though he's "skinny" he seemed kind of pudgy...showing that he lacks any semblance of muscle definition. He's going to start getting creamed next year the opposing dmen. Baertschi at least has a frame where he can tack on some mass.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:02 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
6 years (probably 8) without a competitive team to cheer for can make a lot of people delusional.

Btw, Eberle is 5'8 and he's skinny as hell. See him in Edmonton quite often. He won't last long in the NHL if he doesn't put at least some muscle. Even though he's "skinny" he seemed kind of pudgy...showing that he lacks any semblance of muscle definition. He's going to start getting creamed next year the opposing dmen. Baertschi at least has a frame where he can tack on some mass.
Weak troll post. You saw him at Stampede, right?

I wouldn't speak to players getting "creamed," in a thread about Bartschi, as well. In a division with Sutton, Peckham, Suter, etc, all under 6' players need to keep their heads up. While I don't believe in karma, I'd be more selective in my words when I post in a thread.

Closed Thread