HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Are you seriously asking why uninformed people are getting involved in the American political process?
... or in Canada, the UK, Greece & elsewhere?. Nope. No Im not. Not touching that one with a BargePole short of saying that in many cases its motivated by a sense of futility & frustration, feelings of abandonment, and sadly in others, a wanton avariciousness bordering on megalomania in seeking power & wealth. I pray for the Rapture every day, giant black funnels being sent down from heaven on high to hoover them all into another dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
The only thing wrong with that is that it was but another storm for this organization to weather.
A tempest in a teacup kihekah, tempest in a teacup.... reminds me. Ever had pure grain alcohol served up in a fine English bone china tea cup with the little dainty cups & saucers? Of the type thats almost transparent?. Rather enervating my friend. The dichotomy, the irony of it all highly amusing. Add a little branch water if its too strong.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
This was Lisa's tweet today:

Quote:
@LisaHalverstadt
#Coyotes referendum effort fails and backers say it's largely because Goldwater won't help. http://*******/MDnvJK
This was the title of her article:
Public won't weigh in on Phoenix Coyotes deal
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz21YWWkguD

I am not saying but I am saying that wouldn't a better title be like Opposition Wont Sue Glendale? Or is saying the public wont have a voice in the lease deal neutral enough and I am go crazy?

Anyways from the article:
Quote:
Jones, 80, said he isn't giving up. He now advocates that the city tack on more fees for sports events at the arena. But he wishes voters had been given a say in the city's Coyotes deal.

"I did what I felt like was right," he said. "I feel like it was an effort that Goldwater put a dead end to for us, and we weren't expecting that."
More stuff on the other deals that involve MLB teams is included in the article.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Bolick said Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick, whose wife is on Goldwater's board, requested the meeting. Goldwater has said that Randy Kendrick's service on the board does not affect its decisions.
bull ****!, how stupid do you think I am?

Old
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post

This was the title of her article:
Public won't weigh in on Phoenix Coyotes deal
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz21YWWkguD

I am not saying but I am saying that wouldn't a better title be like Opposition Wont Sue Glendale? Or is saying the public wont have a voice in the lease deal neutral enough and I am go crazy?
I agree. When I read that, I thought it sounded like some evildoers have done their best to thwart the forces of democracy and the American way, taking away the voice of the people. It would have been more accurate to say "old guys attempt to overthrow vote of publicly elected officials, fail when public doesn't support their views."

But still not very neutral.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:35 PM
korpedo

Take this with a big grain of salt because its from PHT but they say that doan has given jameson till Friday to show him a reason to stay

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...medium=twitter

Old
07-24-2012, 02:54 PM
goyotes

It has also been reported by US Today (as indicated in the link), and the Phoenix Business Journal.

Either Jamison has the $$$ or he doesn't. If his investors are looking for a clear pathway without any further obstruction, they should just pull the plug on this since there will always be obstructions put up on this deal. That fact isn't hard to see which leads me to my next point.

I tend to think Jamison doesn't have the money lined up, because at this point, he is losing the opportunity to cash in on the Coyote's good playoff run and general good will they created with a potential fan base, lining up corporate sponsors and boxes where the big $$$ is, Nash leaving the Suns, the D-Backs falturing (although they have shown signs of life very recently), keeping Captain Coyotes Doan, getting additional free agent help, selling season tickets, marketing during the off season, and more. Time is not on Jamison's side. If he had the ability to do the deal, I would assume it would have been done by now. Maybe he pulls it out of the fire, but I think the NHL is banking on a labor stoppage and if the Coyotes play their final (and partial) season in Phoenix, any losses beyond the expected amount will be covered by a relocation fee to QC. If that is the case, the NHL will stand to only lose minimal $$$ on the entire Phoenix ordeal.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Bolick said Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick, whose wife is on Goldwater's board, requested the meeting. Goldwater has said that Randy Kendrick's service on the board does not affect its decisions.
I hope he smiled when he said that, cuz that's a joke.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
It has also been reported by US Today (as indicated in the link), and the Phoenix Business Journal.

Either Jamison has the $$$ or he doesn't. If his investors are looking for a clear pathway without any further obstruction, they should just pull the plug on this since there will always be obstructions put up on this deal. That fact isn't hard to see which leads me to my next point.

I tend to think Jamison doesn't have the money lined up, because at this point, he is losing the opportunity to cash in on the Coyote's good playoff run and general good will they created with a potential fan base, lining up corporate sponsors and boxes where the big $$$ is, Nash leaving the Suns, the D-Backs falturing (although they have shown signs of life very recently), keeping Captain Coyotes Doan, getting additional free agent help, selling season tickets, marketing during the off season, and more. Time is not on Jamison's side. If he had the ability to do the deal, I would assume it would have been done by now. Maybe he pulls it out of the fire, but I think the NHL is banking on a labor stoppage and if the Coyotes play their final (and partial) season in Phoenix, any losses beyond the expected amount will be covered by a relocation fee to QC. If that is the case, the NHL will stand to only lose minimal $$$ on the entire Phoenix ordeal.
I get what you are saying, but by now it is almost certin they will be playing here next year. GJ needs to get the best deal he can cause this is a long term investment. The stuff with Doan, well yea, GJ call the man and let him know something. We all want this done asap. God has plan, even for hockey teams.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
God has plan, even for hockey teams.
If such a thing exists, I'm sure it takes time to formulate plans for hockey teams.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
If such a thing exists, I'm sure it takes time to formulate plans for hockey teams.
He made the universe in 6 days. You'd figure a little divine intervention on a hockey team would only take 2 weeks at most.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
He made the universe in 6 days. You'd figure a little divine intervention on a hockey team would only take 2 weeks at most.
You know it's a sad state of affairs when creating an entire universe in 6 days actually sounds more plausible than someone successfully purchasing the Coyotes.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:22 AM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
You know it's a sad state of affairs when creating an entire universe in 6 days actually sounds more plausible than someone successfully purchasing the Coyotes.
Ah, but that was before the forces of evil wrought havoc on all things sacred.

Now Saint Bettman must fight the demonic likes of Ellman, Moyes, Gretzky, NHLPA, "fans" of the game who refuse to assimilate and the GWI!

Old
07-25-2012, 04:18 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post

Old
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
korpedo

Damn Glendale isnt ****ing around

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blo...insider/167524

Old
07-27-2012, 03:32 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Maybe it's a good thing Glendale finally learned to stand up for itself.

I can't help grinning a bit. Back in June, the HOF was all over the petition people, saying how easy it would be to force the vote and kill the deal, thanks to them the coyotes were pretty much dead. And the coyotes/glendalefirst PAC were a bunch of unintelligent bozos who were clearly going to fail, given their ignorance and stupidity.

It turns out that was a completely bass-ackwards assessment of the situation.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:08 PM
amjay13

GJ is currently 20 million short per Business Journal.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Is PBJ even a revelent publication when it comes to the Coyotes?

Old
07-28-2012, 07:27 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Is PBJ even a revelent publication when it comes to the Coyotes?
Not really. They've reported the sale is done when it wasn't, and have reported multiple times that an announcement was imminent, etc.

And so much of their reporting is just regurgitation of rumors from a while back. They repeat the rumor, so the twitterverse starts spreading them, then they report the rumors from the twitterverse and it ends up being a vicious circle.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Excatly!

Old
07-28-2012, 07:42 PM
amjay13

If GJ has the $$$, why isn't the deal done?

Old
07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...e-Coyotes.html

Quote:
On the surface, talks between the NHL and the NHL Players’ Association on a new collective bargaining agreement have so far been civil. That’s largely because the NHLPA has taken the high road when it comes to responding to the owners’ first proposal. There has been no gag order placed on the players, which makes it that much more remarkable that not a single one has said or tweeted a disparaging word about the NHL’s position.

As you would imagine, behind closed doors, things are not quite as cordial. The players’ side has taken umbrage to the owners’ first offer and while it has not accused the league of bargaining in bad faith, it wants to know the rationale for the owners’ position before making a counter-proposal of its own. The way the players figure, the owners’ position is tantamount to the players demanding 68 percent of all revenues in their first proposal. That’s an 11 percent increase in their take, which is the equivalent to what the owners want to cut.
But if those reading the tea leaves are to be believed, commissioner Gary Bettman is holding a negotiating card that he has yet to play (and may never have to play) that would be a direct and significant blow to the NHLPA.

The threat of contraction, at least on a temporary basis, is very real and could become very much in play as these negotiations continue. Bettman may not be able to justify the need for a bigger share of revenues, term limits on contracts and increasing the age for unrestricted free agency with the fiscal insanity we’ve seen this summer, but he might be able to do so if he can convince the NHLPA that the Phoenix Coyotes will shut their doors if the league doesn’t get what it wants and the season doesn’t start on time.
Just an commentary article by Ken Campbell. You decide what to make of it.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Stay in AZ

GJ plays the waiting game

Hey this is my first post here but I have been following this soap opera from the beginning.
I feel that GJ is playing the waiting game for the same reason some of his maybe final investors are playing the waiting game. The assurance of this court case on monday will be a huge assurance for GJ and GJ's possible investors that are waiting in the wings. Maybe I am over simplifying this but this has been a huge stall by GJ because he wanted to know if Glendale could pay the AMF.
The court case was originally set for the second week in august and conveniently moved to monday which is 1 day before the league would have to extend for another month with the COG. So its almost if GJ is instrumental behind the scenes and the results of the sales tax increase are his final hurdle in order to secure the final investors and close the sale.
What we know from Doans camp is that he has set a few deadlines on this hole matter. My guess is either he is up to date with Jamison and both now know the real day of judgement is monday or he is just not in the know but really wants to stay in PHX. I have a feeling he will pop on something by wednesday. If GJ does not come forward and complete the sale.
The real wild card in this thing is the court case bc without the sales tax increase Glendale is rendered incapable of paying the AMF.

Also GJ will gain investors or lose them based on mondays ruling.

Also if this gets further delay say goes to AZ court the yotes and the sale as well as doan might be gone
Lets hope for the best

Old
07-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
If GJ has the $$$, why isn't the deal done?
Because he doesn't?

I feel like this highlight of mine needs to be recycled, because it fits the situation pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins
This team ownership situation is too depressing this year since dinosaurs roamed the earth, but at least I finally met somebody who makes me happy. We're going to go take an intimate bath with each other.

God, remember the awful parts of last season? I don't either!

Old
07-28-2012, 11:44 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Because he doesn't?
News @11, we're still screwed.

I do enjoy though that the usual nitwits now have yet another crumb to gobble up for a few days.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:45 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd follow this franchise to timbucktoo. If they contract, I will just quit an all pro sports. Hell, probably all sports, period.

Closed Thread