HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this our roster going into the season?

Old
07-28-2012, 03:32 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Thoughts on boyle from the rangers? Seems like a perfect fit to me

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:09 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
We only have a spot for one of them, if either performs at a high level they will be given a shot at the spot I think
Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Girgensons.

We have room for both of them. We have no other centers.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

We have our #1 C from the begining of last season, Luke Adam.

Not that that is a super awesome option.

Last edited by Karate Johnson: 07-28-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Thoughts on boyle from the rangers? Seems like a perfect fit to me
My thoughts are the Rags aren't trading him. Richards-Stepan-Boyle-Halpern is their center corps. They didn't just trade two players capable of playing center (Dubi and Anisimov) to turn around and trade Boyle.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:49 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post

No we dont have a spot for both of them, we arent putting a top prospect on the 4th line when they could be getting top 6 minutes in rochester

Old
07-28-2012, 06:13 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post

McCormick is fine as a 4th line center.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
No we dont have a spot for both of them, we arent putting a top prospect on the 4th line when they could be getting top 6 minutes in rochester
I'm not saying they both should be here, I'm saying its patently possible they could both end up here. I don't see how you can say otherwise when we can't field a full lineup with people playing their natural positions.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
Can Manny still play anywhere near the level he did before? I mean after that injury can he still play a 3rd line, shutdown/top defensive checking assignments type game?

Or is he just a fringe 4th liner these days?
He was pretty bad at times last season, but I suspect that it was mainly due to lack of conditioning (he had surgeries on his eye up to August). Although I don't think Manhy will ever be the elite checking centre he was 2 years ago, I think he'll be a decent checking centre, or a really good 4th line centre this year.

Again, this is based on me believing that his major setback was a lack of conditioning. He was still awesome on the dot last season though.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:28 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
He was pretty bad at times last season, but I suspect that it was mainly due to lack of conditioning (he had surgeries on his eye up to August). Although I don't think Manhy will ever be the elite checking centre he was 2 years ago, I think he'll be a decent checking centre, or a really good 4th line centre this year.

Again, this is based on me believing that his major setback was a lack of conditioning. He was still awesome on the dot last season though.
I completely agree and whats more is he has always struck me(granted Im not in the locker rooms) as a player with tremendous heart and leadership qualities watching him play out there. I think his character alone is exactly something this team needs as they transition into a fairly young team who has lost two of its biggest leaders in roy and gaustad. Even if he isnt quite what he used to be I think he is a high-reward type of player especiallu come stretch/playoff time.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I completely agree and whats more is he has always struck me(granted Im not in the locker rooms) as a player with tremendous heart and leadership qualities watching him play out there. I think his character alone is exactly something this team needs as they transition into a fairly young team who has lost two of its biggest leaders in roy and gaustad. Even if he isnt quite what he used to be I think he is a high-reward type of player especiallu come stretch/playoff time.
His leadership and heart is amazing; according to Bieksa, he's the one who picked up Cody's first NHL suit .

Old
07-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
probably the only time you see Roy and gaustad in biggest leaders of anything.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:14 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
probably the only time you see Roy and gaustad in biggest leaders of anything.
is that why they both had A's on their chests, were some of the longest tenured vets, had some of the most playoff experience and not too mention roy rushed back from a huge leg injury and goose eventually dropped em with lucic....

understand I was no fan of either....hated roy especially, however to sell them short as leaders of last years team or the year before is blind homerism.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
is that why they both had A's on their chests, were some of the longest tenured vets, had some of the most playoff experience and not too mention roy rushed back from a huge leg injury and goose eventually dropped em with lucic....

understand I was no fan of either....hated roy especially, however to sell them short as leaders of last years team or the year before is blind homerism.
Ya they led this team straight to a retool and another missed playoffs. Mark Messiers both, hope they get statues in the captain Morgan pose out front of the arena. Yar not so rough guys!

Edit: Seriosly blind homerism!? Didn't we play our best hokey after Gaustad left? Didn't we get better when Roy was injured 2 seasons ago? Such courageous and awe inspiring leadership that everyone was better when they weren't around. If you want to argue for leaders how about Meyers Erhroff and Miller. Without them this team couldn't find a pimple on their bums with 2 mirrors both hands and a spot light. Ugh.

Last edited by Imlach a cup: 07-28-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:55 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Ya they led this team straight to a retool and another missed playoffs. Mark Messiers both, hope they get statues in the captain Morgan pose out front of the arena. Yar not so rough guys!

Edit: Seriosly blind homerism!? Didn't we play our best hokey after Gaustad left? Didn't we get better when Roy was injured 2 seasons ago? Such courageous and awe inspiring leadership that everyone was better when they weren't around. If you want to argue for leaders how about Meyers Erhroff and Miller. Without them this team couldn't find a pimple on their bums with 2 mirrors both hands and a spot light. Ugh.
REALLY? If you wanna argue against Goose and Roy as captains on this team (in terms of leadership mind you) you choose to neglect that this team made their run based on Foligno coming in hot as fire, ennis rebounding under center etc....goose left? roy 2 seasons ago when we lost in the first round anyways?(sure showed me). Miller was only a leader cuz he was finally healthy. Blaming goose n roy for this teams first hald failures is beyond homerism its blindness...we had all the potential and injuries happened most importantly to Miller...

Old
07-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
REALLY? If you wanna argue against Goose and Roy as captains on this team (in terms of leadership mind you) you choose to neglect that this team made their run based on Foligno coming in hot as fire, ennis rebounding under center etc....goose left? roy 2 seasons ago when we lost in the first round anyways?(sure showed me). Miller was only a leader cuz he was finally healthy. Blaming goose n roy for this teams first hald failures is beyond homerism its blindness...we had all the potential and injuries happened most importantly to Miller...
not even going to bother. If you are arguing Roy and Gaustad are good leaders there's not enough Face in this world to fit in that palm. Quick question: what do you call a 65pnt center with average leadership? Brad Richards. You don't trade Brad Richards for Ott. However you do trade terrible leaders for guys like Ott. Ya know the whole we are a soft team because the guys in leadership positions encourage it? (I think I just invited Jame to take a shot at Vanek)

Old
07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
DJN21

comparing roy and ott is apples to oranges and everyone down to ott has admitted that. NO one expects roy levels of offense from Ott.....that being said it doesnt fail to mention we now have a lack of a true center who can win draws and plays through injuries(sorry is roy healthy right now? is he? oh wait thats right he played hurt all last year)....and calling goose anything short of a leader on this pathetic 11' team is foolish. We got a great haul for him but make no mistake hes a great intangibles players who was a leader here.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
comparing roy and ott is apples to oranges and everyone down to ott has admitted that. NO one expects roy levels of offense from Ott.....that being said it doesnt fail to mention we now have a lack of a true center who can win draws and plays through injuries(sorry is roy healthy right now? is he? oh wait thats right he played hurt all last year)....and calling goose anything short of a leader on this pathetic 11' team is foolish. We got a great haul for him but make no mistake hes a great intangibles players who was a leader here.
Should I link Gaustads response to the Lucic hit? Cause ya know it was kinda his job as a leader who does nothing but defense and grit to be the guy who went in there. Spectacular leader. Yep you are right Roy was so valuable they dealt his leadership and production to get another winger we can't score as much. Sure sounds like a guy who mentally carried his team. But this is rediculous, neither were good for this team, both are gone, I won't be replying any more because there's nothing to talk about we are better without them.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:38 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Should I link Gaustads response to the Lucic hit? Cause ya know it was kinda his job as a leader who does nothing but defense and grit to be the guy who went in there. Spectacular leader. Yep you are right Roy was so valuable they dealt his leadership and production to get another winger we can't score as much. Sure sounds like a guy who mentally carried his team. But this is rediculous, neither were good for this team, both are gone, I won't be replying any more because there's nothing to talk about we are better without them.
you had nothing productive to say until your last sentence....this board has beat up n down the role of players on the ice during the lucic incident and to be frank im not so shot-sighted that I dont remember being one of those fans that thought roy in game 7 was our saving grace vs philly....every one was on his jock then...

again I dont disagree with either trade id do them over n over again. ALL I SAID WAS ON A YOUNG TEAM WE HAVE A GLARING NEED FOR LEADERSHIP FROM A GUY LIKE MANNY MALHOLTRA...BECAUSE BASED ON YOUR ANALYSIS VANEK N POMS ARENT LEADERS CUZ THEY DIDNT FIGHT LUCIC LIKE U SAY GOOSE SHOULDA LOL. /

Old
07-29-2012, 02:28 AM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If either earns a spot in camp, then I have no qualms about it. Just as long as the G-men don't get rushed onto the roster because we have no one else to put there.
While I expect at least one of them to make it, it must be under this condition that you laid out. In this regard Darcy or Lindy can be trusted.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
not even going to bother. If you are arguing Roy and Gaustad are good leaders there's not enough Face in this world to fit in that palm. Quick question: what do you call a 65pnt center with average leadership? Brad Richards. You don't trade Brad Richards for Ott. However you do trade terrible leaders for guys like Ott. Ya know the whole we are a soft team because the guys in leadership positions encourage it? (I think I just invited Jame to take a shot at Vanek)
I'm not getting involved in this, but that part made me LOL. Do you know who Brad Richards is?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:07 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

nice lines this year.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Just watched the Sabres last game of the season, and noticed how slow Coho looked. The defensive awareness is there (he can break up plays when he isn't chasing someone), but his speed really needs work.

Old
07-31-2012, 02:45 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Just watched the Sabres last game of the season, and noticed how slow Coho looked. The defensive awareness is there (he can break up plays when he isn't chasing someone), but his speed really needs work.
He needs to lengthen his stride and needs to get on his edges. The entire world knows this, so I assume Cody and the staff fall into that class of people

Surprised you picked the Boston game to watch and not that one game on March 3rd where we played that one team

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
He needs to lengthen his stride and needs to get on his edges. The entire world knows this, so I assume Cody and the staff fall into that class of people

Surprised you picked the Boston game to watch and not that one game on March 3rd where we played that one team
I've obviously seen that game

The Boston one is the only one I could find to download.

Old
07-31-2012, 03:00 AM
McTank

Watches that 6-5 april game against the leafs today. Gave me shivers. Such an awesome game