07-28-2012, 10:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
I think our best shut down would be:
Glencross-Backlund-Stempnaik

This will probably be our third line next year, but i also think our 4th line of Bouma-Stajan-Comeau would also be a very solid defensive line.
I'd wager you're right about it being our third line.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Thumper17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
pretty much. Like I said, on paper, right now, Stajan is our best natural center. Not even a contest at this point. If Cervenka and Backlund come out of the gates huge then we could see him in the pressbox/4th line.

People need to remember that Cervenka is not really a center. I really hope he translates well to the NHL, and can handle playing center. But the probability of him being better than Stajan is pretty slim.

KHL is not the NHL.

What is the deal with your hard-on for Stajan. What you dont seem to understand is this.

Stajan is not the answer. Stajan is done with this team. He is playing out his contract and leaving and outside of an unholy good camp will likely be waived.

He played DECENTLY, DECENTLY mind you, between JAROME IGINLA AND ALEX TANGUAY. If you dont put up career numbers between those two then you dont play hockey, and he put up DECENT numbers.

Cammy was drafted as a Center, he knows the position. He hadnt played it since he was drafted though. Why are you not defending his numbers as much as Stajans? Cammy was hrut at the beginning of last year. Started to get back on track a little, then was traded to a team he's familiar with, sure. But they're playing a different system then he played with them last time, and that he played in in montreal. So he comes off an injury, is just getting his stuff together then gets traded to a different system and gets put in a different position. It's a wonder his numbers weren't worse.

Cammy is a much better player then Stajan. FACT. Is a natural center. FACT. Was in the same situation as Stajan, plus a trade. FACT.

Please tell me why 4th liner plug one trick pony Stajan gets the first line over Cammy?

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote