HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to Carolina

Old
06-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
I predict Marc will be traded to the Canes the summer of 2014 if the Rangers win a cup in the next 2 years. Since Marc then has his name on the cup, he'll feel less inclined to stay with the Rangers because they give him a better chance at winning one. He'll want to join his brothers in Carolina and Sather will do like Shero did, get Rutherford to trade for him and overpay even though Marc would likely go there the following year.

Rangers can expect get a solid young roster player, a 1st round pick, and a good prospect.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
TrollololBoyle

I predict:

Marc Staal will never be a 'Cane,

how about them apples?

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollololBoyle View Post
I predict:

Marc Staal will never be a 'Cane,

how about them apples?
Them's Big Apples!!!!!

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Pretty simple concept really. The Rangers have no reason to trade Staal for a bunch of smaller / less effective pieces. If they move him, it's a quality for quality trade. If not, you can wait until 2015 and hope that we don't extend him beforehand.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Ranger71

Staal, Rupp, 3rd for McBain or Pitkanen/Dalpe/1st

Ranger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger71 View Post
Staal, Rupp, 3rd for McBain or Pitkanen/Dalpe/1st
No thanks, skinner or staal nothing else I want from them for Staal. So yes an overpayment

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:06 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
No thanks, skinner or staal nothing else I want from them for Staal. So yes an overpayment
Hahaha, good luck with that. There's overpayment, and then there's insult. You've hit the latter.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Ranger71

They won't trade Skinner straight up for Staal. I don't think they'd trade him right now anyways.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Hahaha, good luck with that. There's overpayment, and then there's insult. You've hit the latter.
Point being staal is not being traded. Carolina could maybe get him in 3 years

Old
07-29-2012, 12:13 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Point being staal is not being traded. Carolina could maybe get him in 3 years
When he potentially doesn't pan out right? You sir know nothing about hockey trades. Well done.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not really. All star shutdown defenseman aren't exactly common.

Now, pray tell, what would make sense from a Rangers perspective? Certainly not a significantly lesser player in Jamie McBain, or 2nd/3rd line players like Jiri Tlusty or Jussi Jokinen.

07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
When he potentially doesn't pan out right? You sir know nothing about hockey trades. Well done.
When who doesn't pan out?

Old
07-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Now, pray tell, what would make sense from a Rangers perspective? Certainly not a significantly lesser player in Jamie McBain, or 2nd/3rd line players like Jiri Tlusty or Jussi Jokinen.
staal skinner might be too much, but everyone else they got is too little for my liking for a shut down top pairing dman

Old
07-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Ranger71

Staal isn't at an all-star level anymore, he's solid but not elite. They have shutdown guys in Girardi/McDonagh so you'd be getting a really good established young guy like McBain who could step in plus one of their top 3 prospects in Dalpe who's almost ready. Plus a pick too. Just hypothetical but I think it would work well for the Rangers.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:

I'd type out a lengthier reply, but you don't deserve it.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Staal isn't at an all-star level anymore, he's solid but not elite. They have shutdown guys in Girardi/McDonagh so you'd be getting a really good established young guy like McBain who could step in plus one of their top 3 prospects in Dalpe who's almost ready. Plus a pick too. Just hypothetical but I think it would work well for the Rangers.
Did you watch Staal in the playoffs? Haha hey probably was our best Dman once he got back to full speed

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
mcbain has not been great at all. So that comes out to a prospect + a pick for staal. No thanks. Look at what jack Johnson returned, look at what Goligoski returned.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:27 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

I'd type out a lengthier reply, but you don't deserve it.
So basically you're saying you have nothing to say then. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Uh, what? He was our best defenseman in the playoffs along with McDonagh, arguably better.

It takes a few weeks to adjust after missing training camp and 40 games with a concussion. You're probably one of the people that thought he sucked and was "always overrated" the first few games he came back.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Ranger71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Did you watch Staal in the playoffs? Haha hey probably was our best Dman once he got back to full speed
He was and he did play well but they also have 2 other guys like him, so why not turn him into a few other parts like a young defenseman who's a good 3/4th guy on an RFA deal plus a top prospect who adds great C depth. You could probably get a 2nd rounder back too. I have a feeling Staal wants to play with his brothers now too.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:

When did I ever reply to any of the names you mentioned?

Old
07-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
He was and he did play well but they also have 2 other guys like him, so why not turn him into a few other parts like a young defenseman who's a good 3/4th guy on an RFA deal plus a top prospect who adds great C depth. You could probably get a 2nd rounder back too. I have a feeling Staal wants to play with his brothers now too.
So because we have a shut down D we can make it worse by getting a forward we don't need?

Old
Ranger71

Quote:
Uh, what? He was our best defenseman in the playoffs along with McDonagh, arguably better.

It takes a few weeks to adjust after missing training camp and 40 games with a concussion. You're probably one of the people that thought he sucked and was "always overrated" the first few games he came back.
No, but I think alot of people are still drinking the Staal kool-aid that he's this all-world defenseman when he's coming off an injury and isn't the same. He's not an AS caliber player.

Old
Holocene

Quote:
This is just false. Staal is better than both of those players defensively. He was concussed and not conditioned well enough to just jump back in after 8 months off. Marc Staal is not untouchable but if they're gonna trade Marc it will be in a package deal for a guy like Weber not Jamie McBain.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:32 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
When did I ever reply to any of the names you mentioned?
You were implying that Staal isn't worth those pieces to the Rangers. The poster brought them up, saying that's the only way it would make sense for the Rangers. What's your point? To try and bring this arbitrary "value" argument that plagues these boards constantly? It isn't insulting when the players I posted were the only other options. That's the insulting part.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote