HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Stanley Cup DVD - Released Today! (7/24)

Old
07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
ShattStar03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
It pains me tremendously to say it, but I give the DVD a solid "D" grade.

* In a time when the access granted to the teams and players in "NHL 36" is such that it is, there is NO reason this DVD shouldn't be at least as good as that. Is the NHL too cheap to commit a camera crew to each team for the duration of their playoff run? Possibly.

* If you saw the games, then you've seen the DVD, for the most part. Mainly just game footage. Considering what it could have been, the only reason I didn't give it an "F" is a lot of the footage had Nick Nickson as the soundtrack and I hadn't heard a lot of that before.

* They did an OK job hitting the storyline in the first series with the Brown hit on Sedin. They completely missed the storyline of the St. Louis series with the King hit on Pietrangelo (and his defense of the hit in the next game). They showed the Brown hit on Rozsival in the third round but totally ignored the little ***** that was Mike Smith in the end of that series, which was a big storyline since the guy basically imploded. Their coverage of the Finals was ok, though.

* The "Wireless" stuff could have been really good, but a lot of it was unintelligible.

* The inclusion (although I have not watched it yet) of the entire 5 minute Game 6 power play on the Bernier hit is a cool idea.

Really the best thing about it is the post-Game 6 locker room celebration.

Am I glad I got it? Yep, but to be honest, it really doesn't allow me to clear my DVR of all but the 4 series-winning games. It's just nowhere near what it could have been. The lack of pre-, intermission- and post-game footage is a HUGE missed opportunity and would have made the DVD really worthwhile, IMO.
I'm pretty sure they had a camera crew following NY, VAN, PITT, and STL, I think NHL didn't bother with the Kings because no one thought they'd go far lol

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Just finished watching the main feature and can't wait to dig into the special features. It's so awesome to finally have a championship BD. I still can't believe it!
Special features is nothing special. With the way media content is available nowadays the BD/DVD is not much more than a review. No interesting inside stories just vanilla. I wanted to see loved ones telling their stories of the players, Bob Miller crying, hey anybody crying? Also the Kings basically just plowed through the playoffs so no real gut wrenching tension or spectacular comeback. It just looked to easy.

Last edited by Pucknut50: 07-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
nocturn

UPS man just dropped off mine. Will confiscate the 70" from the wemenz this eve, mix up a libation and relive the moment... Just me, the Kings and booze.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
UPS man just dropped off mine. Will confiscate the 70" from the wemenz this eve, mix up a libation and relive the moment... Just me, the Kings and booze.
You sure that the Housewives of North Little Rock aren't on tonight? Better be careful.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

My computer's broke so I'm just posting with my phone but once it's fixed, I would like to do one huge post documenting everything this post season and summer.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
My computer's broke so I'm just posting with my phone but once it's fixed, I would like to do one huge post documenting everything this post season and summer.
Thanks for the warning.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Quattro

Quote:

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:56 AM
nocturn

Watched it and...uh...it kinda sucked TBQH. Way too short and i left it feeling like "Thats it?" The DVD with the extras only runs about 1 hr, 40 min with the main story being 1hr 20 min.

I dunno if the Bluray is any better but the DVD just didnt do it for me. My Bluray player crapped out sometime last week...so says my Daughter lastnight as I went into a tizzy trying to get the GD thing to eject. So I had to watch the DVD.

Hopefully the extras on the BR are better. I'll watch it tonight after I swing by BB and get a new BR after work.

Not holding my breath though.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:14 PM
SLang

Quote:
Don't forget to use paragraphs. And not too many commas.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:38 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Don't forget to use paragraphs. And not too many commas.
Use semicolons as well, those prove you've taken a college writing coruse.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:47 PM
nocturn

Quote:
It pains me tremendously to say it, but I give the DVD a solid "D" grade.

* In a time when the access granted to the teams and players in "NHL 36" is such that it is, there is NO reason this DVD shouldn't be at least as good as that. Is the NHL too cheap to commit a camera crew to each team for the duration of their playoff run? Possibly.

* If you saw the games, then you've seen the DVD, for the most part. Mainly just game footage. Considering what it could have been, the only reason I didn't give it an "F" is a lot of the footage had Nick Nickson as the soundtrack and I hadn't heard a lot of that before.

* They did an OK job hitting the storyline in the first series with the Brown hit on Sedin. They completely missed the storyline of the St. Louis series with the King hit on Pietrangelo (and his defense of the hit in the next game). They showed the Brown hit on Rozsival in the third round but totally ignored the little ***** that was Mike Smith in the end of that series, which was a big storyline since the guy basically imploded. Their coverage of the Finals was ok, though.

* The "Wireless" stuff could have been really good, but a lot of it was unintelligible.

* The inclusion (although I have not watched it yet) of the entire 5 minute Game 6 power play on the Bernier hit is a cool idea.

Really the best thing about it is the post-Game 6 locker room celebration.

Am I glad I got it? Yep, but to be honest, it really doesn't allow me to clear my DVR of all but the 4 series-winning games. It's just nowhere near what it could have been. The lack of pre-, intermission- and post-game footage is a HUGE missed opportunity and would have made the DVD really worthwhile, IMO.
I should have read your review before I posted. Its absolutely spot on. Infact, the ONLY reason I didnt/wouldnt give it a 'F' is because of what team its documenting. If It were a SCF Devils DVD, I would have gave it a solid 'F' for "*ucked".

The in-game audio is ATROCIOUS. As well as the editing leading into the IG audio. Between the editing and a good portion of the IG audio being completely inaudible, I had ZERO time to digest what I just heard. I had to rewind and listen again at minimum, 4 or 5 times.

Ive seen better 'Fan' tribute montage's on yourtube than whats on this disk.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Haven't watched my copy yet but it isn't surprising to hear that the NHL released a quick cash grab without too much content. The Bruins and Hawks also get box sets released but the reviews for those are also less than glowing (and they don't even release the games in HD).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

The NHL really needs to get its **** together with these releases.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 03:32 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Watched it and...uh...it kinda sucked TBQH. Way too short and i left it feeling like "Thats it?" The DVD with the extras only runs about 1 hr, 40 min with the main story being 1hr 20 min.

I dunno if the Bluray is any better but the DVD just didnt do it for me. My Bluray player crapped out sometime last week...so says my Daughter lastnight as I went into a tizzy trying to get the GD thing to eject. So I had to watch the DVD.

Hopefully the extras on the BR are better. I'll watch it tonight after I swing by BB and get a new BR after work.

Not holding my breath though.
Not sure I understood you correctly, but If the issue is the eject function there might be a manual eject. I know for sure that on hard-disks and some dvd players there is a manual eject. You should be looking for a little tiny hole nearby the slot ( I couldn't come up with a better way to describe it). Take a toothpick or something pointy enough and push it into the hole and voila' your dvd or cd comes out.

As I said I'm not sure it exits on all such equipment. And it is known fact that **** like this happens once or twice and then never again just misfortune.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:17 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Not sure I understood you correctly, but If the issue is the eject function there might be a manual eject. I know for sure that on hard-disks and some dvd players there is a manual eject. You should be looking for a little tiny hole nearby the slot ( I couldn't come up with a better way to describe it). Take a toothpick or something pointy enough and push it into the hole and voila' your dvd or cd comes out.

As I said I'm not sure it exits on all such equipment. And it is known fact that **** like this happens once or twice and then never again just misfortune.
Thanks dude. Yeah, I was trying to make light of the fact that (and anyone that lives with a bunch of blonde women can surely attest) my 10 year old blonde daughter waited until I needed the BR player to tell me that the BR player is broken. She (of course) did not break it but knows who did. She made me promise that I would not yell at her or the perpetrator that did break it...before she would tell me who did. ALAS!!! Her 44 year old blonde mother decided a popcicle stick was a fabulous tool and it would work best to try and pry open/out the BR tray to access the Yoga BR that she left in there. Well, the popcicle stick broke and jammed the gearing which busted the worm drive rendering the eject option completely null. "Just tell me its BROKEN and DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!!!" was uttered by me once again...

My biggest gripe was they waited until I finally needed the BR player to tell me "it broke itself 2 weeks ago!!!"

I swear, sometimes I think the sole purpose of my existence on planet earth is to keep the Blonde population from suffering a well deserved Darwinian death. "Fight or Flight" hasnt saved this population of Humans...Giant Breasts and Horny Engineers have!!!

Welcome to my world.

Last edited by nocturn: 07-28-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old
07-28-2012, 12:19 PM
nocturn

Haha! After reading my post above, I've come to the realization that Natural (Northern European) Blondes are probably "as smart" as they will ever be at the time of conception and slowly regress from there. Example being my 10 year old blonde daughter being smart enough to bribe me out of potential discipline and my 44 year old blonde wife destroying the ejection system of a $200 Bluray player with a discarded simple tool that holds a frozen treat. At least my daughter had the wherewithal to "turn the hamster" and blackmail me.

So that leads me to believe that Towheads like me are God's way of letting us know he still loves us...and he was just kidding. LMAO!

Old
07-28-2012, 01:00 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
See, Im not the only one who does not like posting on his phone...

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 02:29 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Haha! After reading my post above, I've come to the realization that Natural (Northern European) Blondes are probably "as smart" as they will ever be at the time of conception and slowly regress from there. Example being my 10 year old blonde daughter being smart enough to bribe me out of potential discipline and my 44 year old blonde wife destroying the ejection system of a $200 Bluray player with a discarded simple tool that holds a frozen treat. At least my daughter had the wherewithal to "turn the hamster" and blackmail me.

So that leads me to believe that Towheads like me are God's way of letting us know he still loves us...and he was just kidding. LMAO!
You got me laughing with your first post..I'm to drunk right now..but my daughter, age 15, is a blonde as well and so is her mother. You can't do anything else then love them. Tricky girls.

Edit: sometimes they fit the myth of blonde women.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:52 PM
nocturn

Quote:
You got me laughing with your first post..I'm to drunk right now..but my daughter, age 15, is a blonde as well and so is her mother. You can't do anything else then love them. Tricky girls.

Edit: sometimes they fit the myth of blonde women.
LOL, yeah, no kidding. With as many "sweeping generalizations" that exist about Blondes, I would have to agree that about 70% of them are true.

I have 41 years of hard facts to corroborate the stigmas, between my Blonde Mother: Dane/Irish, Blonde Wife: Russian/Swe, and our Blonde Children: Danish/Irish/Russian/Swe. Blend that with the American mantra: "Ignorance isnt bliss, its a way of life!", Im fighting a uphill battle in my household being the lone brown hair. LMAO! Although 20 minutes in the sunshine without a hat reminds me of my heritage...

Either way, I love them all and wouldn't change a thing. They keep me entertained, game-fully employed and useful....just dont try to "Fix" anything! LOL! Thats why God put me here!

That reminds me of a drunken conversation I had with my best friend a few years back after his naturally black haired Italian wife that uses the bottle blonde method, accidentally put Diesel in her car rather than regular petol. After a good laugh, I said to him:

"I dont think the guy that invented hair bleach did it to make MORE hot broads or money. I think he did it so the naturally "challenged" chicks could seamlessly assimilate and have an excuse to be stupid." or something like that.

Anyway, Im doing my part to keep 3 of them from killing themselves or inadvertently destroying the planet. Thanks for your good work too alpa.

Its a struggle trying to help out the next generation of men! We deserve an award damit!

Last edited by nocturn: 07-28-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
07-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

I haven't received my DVD yet, and you all have already made me sad...

I was hoping it wouldn't suck....but then again the Kings won the cup, so that makes me happy.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
KOPITARRULEZ11

has team la even shipped them yet or wat

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPITARRULEZ11 View Post
has team la even shipped them yet or wat
yup. got mine yesterday.

it's boring kinda but it's also the greatest dvd ever made. so there's that.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 04:12 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
LOL, yeah, no kidding. With as many "sweeping generalizations" that exist about Blondes, I would have to agree that about 70% of them are true.

I have 41 years of hard facts to corroborate the stigmas, between my Blonde Mother: Dane/Irish, Blonde Wife: Russian/Swe, and our Blonde Children: Danish/Irish/Russian/Swe. Blend that with the American mantra: "Ignorance isnt bliss, its a way of life!", Im fighting a uphill battle in my household being the lone brown hair. LMAO! Although 20 minutes in the sunshine without a hat reminds me of my heritage...

Either way, I love them all and wouldn't change a thing. They keep me entertained, game-fully employed and useful....just dont try to "Fix" anything! LOL! Thats why God put me here!

That reminds me of a drunken conversation I had with my best friend a few years back after his naturally black haired Italian wife that uses the bottle blonde method, accidentally put Diesel in her car rather than regular petol. After a good laugh, I said to him:

"I dont think the guy that invented hair bleach did it to make MORE hot broads or money. I think he did it so the naturally "challenged" chicks could seamlessly assimilate and have an excuse to be stupid." or something like that.

Anyway, Im doing my part to keep 3 of them from killing themselves or inadvertently destroying the planet. Thanks for your good work too alpa.

Its a struggle trying to help out the next generation of men! We deserve an award damit!
Well the battle of the fewer against the mass goes on and there is no way to tell who's winning.

Fix it reminds me (Slovenian heritage, born in Sweden) of a similar event some years back ( shortly after we got together) when me and my Swedish fiance bought an Ikea furniture and she decided that she would mount it together herself since I went golfing. And in this case there should be a usage of glue and a lot of screws and there were those predrilled holes with those small wooden pins. As she starts putting it together she decides there is to much screwing so she would use glue instead and those wooden pins but that gives you an error margin equal to zero....by now I guess you know what happened.

So when I got back home and saw this disaster steering at me in the hallway it was actually the first thing you would see opening the front door I kindly and cautiously asked what the **** happened? She told me don't be mad I wanted to surprise you and have it done when you got back but I ran out of time so i thought glueing would be quicker but by accident I took the back piece and glued it in front and when I did all the drawers it got well glued together and now ...I need your help.( She went like this )

So I melted like an ice cream in Sahara for her efforts trying to surprise me and we did later manage to solve the disaster with some sawing and pure force put I had to buy a very thin saw the next day to get it done.

Ohh the furniture was a stereo tv bench with drawers and it was huge. The thing is long gone now and so is the blonde Swedish mother of my children,(we meet but don't live together)

Yeah we are entertained..oh yeah. and even though not living with her she still manages to .."entertain me" and my daughter is doing her best to take over that spot on this earth.

Hell yeah we deserve an award.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:21 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

So wait, I paid $35 plus shipping back on June 12th, only to have my bluray still be "in transit", while others just went out and bought theirs for 20 bucks on release day. Argh! First World Kings fan problem :/

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Mr Los Angeles

i was rewatching game 6 and i just cant help but notice how dustins 1st goal came from picture perfect positioning. never stopped moving as he cycled through the zone and was ready for the puck at all times

Mr Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 09:02 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Well the battle of the fewer against the mass goes on and there is no way to tell who's winning.

Fix it reminds me (Slovenian heritage, born in Sweden) of a similar event some years back ( shortly after we got together) when me and my Swedish fiance bought an Ikea furniture and she decided that she would mount it together herself since I went golfing. And in this case there should be a usage of glue and a lot of screws and there were those predrilled holes with those small wooden pins. As she starts putting it together she decides there is to much screwing so she would use glue instead and those wooden pins but that gives you an error margin equal to zero....by now I guess you know what happened.

So when I got back home and saw this disaster steering at me in the hallway it was actually the first thing you would see opening the front door I kindly and cautiously asked what the **** happened? She told me don't be mad I wanted to surprise you and have it done when you got back but I ran out of time so i thought glueing would be quicker but by accident I took the back piece and glued it in front and when I did all the drawers it got well glued together and now ...I need your help.( She went like this )

So I melted like an ice cream in Sahara for her efforts trying to surprise me and we did later manage to solve the disaster with some sawing and pure force put I had to buy a very thin saw the next day to get it done.

Ohh the furniture was a stereo tv bench with drawers and it was huge. The thing is long gone now and so is the blonde Swedish mother of my children,(we meet but don't live together)

Yeah we are entertained..oh yeah. and even though not living with her she still manages to .."entertain me" and my daughter is doing her best to take over that spot on this earth.

Hell yeah we deserve an award.
Haha! Thats awesome. Its good to know that regardless of location on the planet, behind every blonde, there's a frustrated man saying "...dont try and fix ANYTHING!" LMAO! Fantastic!

You know the situation wont end up well when the first thing out of her mouth is "...don't be mad I wanted to surprise you..." LMAO!

Now that I think about it, Ikea probably makes their furniture directions too hard to follow so that it keeps the blondes from attempting to put it together Either that or so easy that blondes can follow! Who knows?

Just 2 months ago, My wife, her best friend (another yellow hair), my daughter and my wife's BFF's daughter all went to a expensive mall up in Washington DC for the day. Around 2pm, my wife calls me all in a panic and says "SOMEONE STOLE THE BMW!!!!!". I said "No, no dear, you just forgot where you parked it. Look at your smartphone. I downloaded a 'Wheres my Car' app. try it!"

15 minutes later she calls me back and says "Okay, we found it! Thank you! Now what do I tell the Police that are on their way?" I shook my head and said "Why the hell did you call the Cops?" She said "I called 911 before I called you. Im sorry." I said "NEVER EVER Call the Cops before you call ME!! I knew you would call me one day and say the car is stolen! I know whats going to happen BEFORE YOU know whats going to happen!!! Just bat your eyes and show some cleavage and they'll forgive you for wasting their time." Needless to say, she wasted 1 hour of the DC Cops time, looking for her car. I'm still facepalm'n over that.

For 22 years I have trying to break her of the "If I cant find (blank), its been stolen!" mentality. Obviously, it isnt working and now she's passing it down to the next generation because my daughter, just last night, had her ipod "STOLEN!" lmao!

Anyway, I love them all. And we DO get our Awards... Hubba Hubba!

Last edited by nocturn: 07-29-2012 at 09:28 AM.