HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 4/23 Pack @ Manchester - Game 4 -Calder Cup Playoffs

Old
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
How many names can you insert?
Prucha, Hollweg, Zidlicky, Tyutin, Moore, Lundqivst, York, Savard. All successful NHLers. And the crop we have now in our system is much different then the what we had 6 years ago.

Why do people like to bring up past busts? Never realized what the point of that was...they are different players. Its completely irrelevant.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 04-24-2006 at 01:33 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:09 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Prucha, Hollweg, Zidlicky, Tyutin, Moore, Lundqivst, York, Savard. All successful NHLers. And the crop we have now in our system is much different then the what we had 6 years ago.

Why do people like to bring up past busts? Never realized what the point of that was...they are different players. Its completely irrelevant.
8 players over a decade? Tha smacks of success to you? Not to mention that two of them are 4th liners, not exactly a standard of success. People bring up past busts because when that is what has transpired over the past decade.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
8 players over a decade? Tha smacks of success to you? Not to mention that two of them are 4th liners, not exactly a standard of success. People bring up past busts because when that is what has transpired over the past decade.

But every team has their busts and successful players. The last 3 draft years seem very promising IMO and we will probably get 8 successful players alone in those years, and of course some busts.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
But every team has their busts and successful players. The last 3 draft years seem very promising IMO and we will probably get 8 successful players alone in those years, and of course some busts.
Yes, all teams do, but I think that we all agree that when you are talking about a decade's worth of drafting, the Rangers are at the bottom of the barrell as far as unearthing and developing players go.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Yes, all teams do, but I think that we all agree that when you are talking about a decade's worth of drafting, the Rangers are at the bottom of the barrell as far as unearthing and developing players go.

Thats for sure, I wasn't calling our drafting successful, I was just pointing out the successful players that actually came out.

Old
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Pizza

Jessiman's status as a top Ranger prospect may drop significantly, but that is no reason to write him off just yet. He may have an uphill battle to make the 'Pack next year, but a better depth chart is a good problem for the organization to have.

Right now I'd put Jessiman somewhere below Craig Weller on that chart. Of all the 'Pack veterans, Weller stands the best chance to make the team next year because the team will need a captain and some veteran leadership. Plus Weller can take shifts on a "D" in a pinch. I think Weller is the next Ken Gernander.

Looking above Weller, Jessiman will fight for a spot with Greg Moore, Colby Genoway(who I think gets signed) and Ryan Callahan at a minimum. Now, there is at least a possibility that one or more of these three make the Rangers next year. In that case Jessiman has a better chance of staying in Hartford.

But even if he has to go to Charlotte to start the year, so what. Lee Falardeau is proof that you can go to the "Coast", improve your game, and come back.

Jessiman just turned 22. He had a mere 80 games at Dartmouth before turning pro and was coming off an injury besides. I know we've heard this, and I'm not making excuses for him, but we need to be patient. If the guy does not make the NHL before 25, even 26, but then evolves into a 20 goal scorer who happens to be 6-5/6, 220+lbs, skates well and bangs like hell.....I'd take him and run.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Levitate

yay another thread that somehow degenerated into organization bashing and arguing about the past

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote