HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Most of you here at HF make me feel real old. I know of wany too many old tv shows.

The ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Trapper John MD
Dallas
St. Elsewhere
Sliver Spoons
Small Wonder
MASH
All In The Family
Webster
Too Close for Comfort
Welcome Back Kotter
Three's Company
Good Times
Different Strokes
The facts of Life
Don't feel bad AP, you were close with All in the Family, but try Adam Twelve, Bonanza, Mission Impossible, Streets of San Francisco etc. and I'm just "getting old". I reckon we've got us a few good years left!

Old
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

hello all, i am a sabres fan that is looking to follow a second team and really get to know a west coast team. i feel as the coyotes were very close to the sabres, i also was pulling for you guys in the playoffs. i would like to contribute to your great forum. What sez you, will you have me ? also if the sabres play the yotes in the cup i may disappear from here for a few weeks

Old
07-25-2012, 07:01 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

We'll take anyone we can get. According to most HF boards, the Coyotes only have about 12 fans, so you can be lucky number 13.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Most of you here at HF make me feel real old. I know of wany too many old tv shows.
... prepare to feel young again then AP, I was around before colour TV was available, shows like Paladin, Have Gun - Will Travel, Superman with George Reeves were all the rage; followed by gems like Gentle Ben, Flipper, Diver Dan, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction & the Beverley Hillbillies, Get Smart, Hawaii 5-0 & countless others were in 1st run. Yepp, Star Trek, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched... seeing the Beatles, Stones, Animals & Hermans Hermits et al on the Ed Sullivan Show. The Andy Williams, Glen Campbell & Johnny Cash Shows. Laugh-In.

the Kennedy assassination, then Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy, the Ohio State Riots, the Moonwalk in 69...

Old
07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
We'll take anyone we can get. According to most HF boards, the Coyotes only have about 12 fans, so you can be lucky number 13.
Sounds good to me

Old
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... prepare to feel young again then AP, I was around before colour TV was available, shows like Paladin, Have Gun - Will Travel, Superman with George Reeves were all the rage; followed by gems like Gentle Ben, Flipper, Diver Dan, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction & the Beverley Hillbillies, Get Smart, Hawaii 5-0 & countless others were in 1st run. Yepp, Star Trek, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched... seeing the Beatles, Stones, Animals & Hermans Hermits et al on the Ed Sullivan Show. The Andy Williams, Glen Campbell & Johnny Cash Shows. Laugh-In.

the Kennedy assassination, then Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy, the Ohio State Riots, the Moonwalk in 69...
Jeanie and the Petticoat cousins were hot.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
... yea, they were that. Then one day you wake up thinking the
former Governor of the State of Michigan was kinda hot as well.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

It may amuse one or two of you, that I was reminded this evening that "LaBarbara" (although spelled differently) is the name of Hermes's wife on Futurama:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Barbara_Conrad

Old
07-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I googled it...confirmed.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Have any of you thought about cutting cable TV? I'm moving into a new place in the fall and I think I might just forget about getting cable. Most of the stuff I want is available on Netflix streaming or disc. I don't mind watching a season of something until the DVDs come out.

The real deal breaker was the announcement that NHL GameCenter is coming to Xbox Live (it's been on PS3 for years, but I don't have one). I lived in a dorm for the past two years and watching on my laptop was alright since there wasn't a good setup to watch TV in my room. I was thinking about getting a Center Ice package now that I have more space, but it seems completely pointless now that my Xbox will put it on the big screen anyways.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:25 PM
clayman

Quote:

I remember all that myself, so there's a couple of us around! lol..

Old
07-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Quote:

Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock. Best part was when the TV went out your dad helped you get the tubes out of the TV, so you could test them and then buy the tubes to fix the TV. (Of course you had to walk to the store).

I forgot TV ended at midnight and they played the national anthem.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
I forgot TV ended at midnight and they played the national anthem.
... ya thats right too. Followed by the Test Pattern with the Indian Chief in the Head Dress & that awful white noise.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:08 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
... ya thats right too. Followed by the Test Pattern with the Indian Chief in the Head Dress & that awful white noise.
That's the beginning of Billy Joel's "Sleeping with the Television On."

Old
07-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
That's the beginning of Billy Joel's "Sleeping with the Television On."
... ya thats right too. And a movie shot here in Vancouver a few
yrs ago called White Noise, starring Michael Keaton. Mystery/Horror.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:22 AM
ALA YotesPhan

Or remember when "M"TV played "M"usic.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:12 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Have any of you thought about cutting cable TV? I'm moving into a new place in the fall and I think I might just forget about getting cable. Most of the stuff I want is available on Netflix streaming or disc. I don't mind watching a season of something until the DVDs come out.

The real deal breaker was the announcement that NHL GameCenter is coming to Xbox Live (it's been on PS3 for years, but I don't have one). I lived in a dorm for the past two years and watching on my laptop was alright since there wasn't a good setup to watch TV in my room. I was thinking about getting a Center Ice package now that I have more space, but it seems completely pointless now that my Xbox will put it on the big screen anyways.
It will be interesting to see if other sports allow this. I know MLB has MLB.TV on XBOX 360, which is cheaper than getting extra innings. Only problem is the blackout rule, so I wouldn't be able to watch the Diamondbacks.

Cable is getting outrageous price wise. DirecTV runs $100 a month with 2 receivers, HD DVR, etc. I would be interested in a company that would allow you to pay per channel, and you only get those channels. Like Fox Sports Arizona, TNT, TBS, ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS would be sufficient for me. That is where all the sports are played, and I wouldn't miss any games that are on national television. That's my only concern with getting rid of cable.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALA YotesPhan View Post
... sure, and then Video Killed the Radio Star, followed by the music industry itself a few years later.
And now look where we are? All gone ta Hell in a Handbasket. 1X angry young men ageing angrily.

sigh....

Old
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It will be interesting to see if other sports allow this. I know MLB has MLB.TV on XBOX 360, which is cheaper than getting extra innings. Only problem is the blackout rule, so I wouldn't be able to watch the Diamondbacks.

Cable is getting outrageous price wise. DirecTV runs $100 a month with 2 receivers, HD DVR, etc. I would be interested in a company that would allow you to pay per channel, and you only get those channels. Like Fox Sports Arizona, TNT, TBS, ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS would be sufficient for me. That is where all the sports are played, and I wouldn't miss any games that are on national television. That's my only concern with getting rid of cable.
I think the first company that did an a-la-cart cable service would be inundated with subscribers. Not sure if they could make money doing it, or else I'm sure someone would be doing it. I don't want 20 shopping channels or any of the "estrogen" channels. To they are just clutter.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

The new apple TV, or whatever it is, is supposedly going to have a-la-cart channels.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

What a sad few days this has been.

The Colorado shooting
The 5 year anniversary of the TV News Chopper crash involving 3TV and ABC15 Employees.
Now 6 people are killed in a mini-van 50 miles West of Phoenix as a result of a tractor-trailer crossing over the median and smashing the Van head on.

RIP and I hope August bring a better month of news.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
Don't feel bad AP, you were close with All in the Family, but try Adam Twelve, Bonanza, Mission Impossible, Streets of San Francisco etc. and I'm just "getting old". I reckon we've got us a few good years left!
Quote:

Seeing that I was such a tv junkie at times when I was younger, I remember watching many of these shows on re-runs long before there was Nick at Night and TV Land came along.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I googled it...confirmed.
They were but the late Farrah Fawcett topped them both by a landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALA YotesPhan View Post
MTV is now just another sewer outlet for Today's Hollywood. **** their reality tv programs and especally **** the cast of Jersey Shore.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
MTV is now just another sewer outlet for Today's Hollywood.
... pretty much. Shame really.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:07 PM
awfulwaffle

Another thing with the Center Ice and other things such as MLB.TV and such on the XBOX, is the blackout. I know Blubba you live in Florida I believe, so you wouldn't have to worry about that for Coyotes games. But living in the local market, you are blacked out from your home team. That is something to keep in mind when you get these packages.

I would love to drop cable and just get the packages and watch on my xbox or whatever else, but the blackout rules kind of makes it pointless, unless I'm really into that sport, which I'm not really into sports in general, I like to watch my boys. I wish they would drop the blackout rule.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
The new apple TV, or whatever it is, is supposedly going to have a-la-cart channels.
I doubt very much it has the big boys though from basic cable. They are all part of the same conglomerate and want to protect the tier system.

Closed Thread