HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Is there any way to add length to a stick?

Old
07-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
Is there any way to add length to a stick?

I just recently got a CCM U+ ultra light and I'm loving it, but I overshot the amount I had to trim down the stick based on my last stick (which was a tad bit too high) and I feel like it has completely messed up my shot. My stick handling has been great with the stick but what is the point if I've lost my shot? Anyways, I feel the extra trimming off has thrown off my shot because I have to hunch into it more and it just doesn't feel as natural compared to my last stick.

Is there any way you could add length onto the stick after it's been trimmed? or am I completely ****ed? Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by Islanderfan17: 07-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ar-hocke...-butt-end.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...-end-plug.html

As far as I know, this is the only option.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:52 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I just recently got a CCM U+ ultra light and I'm loving it, but I overshot the amount I had to trim down the stick based on my last stick (which was a tad bit too high) and I feel like it has completely messed up my shot. My stick handling has been great with the stick but what is the point if I've lost my shot? Anyways, I feel the extra trimming off has thrown off my shot because I have to hunch into it more and it just doesn't feel as natural compared to my last stick.

Is there any way you could add length onto the stuck after it's been trimmed? or am I completely ****ed? Thanks for any feedback.
a wood extension is likely your best bet. bauer makes composite extensions for their vapor and supreme lines, but they cost a lot more and won't match the shaft profile of the ccm. at least with wood, you can sand them down to match your current shaft profile.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
a wood extension is likely your best bet. bauer makes composite extensions for their vapor and supreme lines, but they cost a lot more and won't match the shaft profile of the ccm. at least with wood, you can sand them down to match your current shaft profile.
Yes they can. Use a Supreme end plug for boxier shafts and Vapor ones for rounder, more concave ones.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Canadiens1958

Pro Shop

Talk to the local pro shop(s) that specialize in service as opposed to sales. One will find the best and most economical solution for your situation.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
That is what I'm thinking as well, luckily my dad is a cabinet maker so sanding it down to fit shouldn't be much of a problem.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to do anything to make sure this stick doesn't turn out to be a waste because it is reallyyy nice.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:01 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Talk to the local pro shop(s) that specialize in service as opposed to sales. One will find the best and most economical solution for your situation.
?

There are only 2 conventional solutions (if you don't include things like Oggie grip and angled extensions) with a big difference in price. It's not in the best interest of a business to give you something you don't need...

A shop 'specializing' in sales should give you the same options.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Canadiens1958

I See.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
?

There are only 2 conventional solutions (if you don't include things like Oggie grip and angled extensions) with a big difference in price. It's not in the best interest of a business to give you something you don't need...

A shop 'specializing' in sales should give you the same options.
Fairly brand new stick. Some of the pro shops, especially those owned and run by an association, will do a trade-in or arrange a swap with another player.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 10:45 PM
NORY

If you havent owned it for 30 days break it and send it back. all sticks, to my knowledge, have 30 day warranties. only problem is it may take a week or so for them to send it out to you.

NORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
mhkehoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORY View Post
If you havent owned it for 30 days break it and send it back. all sticks, to my knowledge, have 30 day warranties. only problem is it may take a week or so for them to send it out to you.
Terrible idea. Assuming they honor the warranty, they are not required to give you the same stick, flex, or curve.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
NORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkehoe View Post
Terrible idea. Assuming they honor the warranty, they are not required to give you the same stick, flex, or curve.
never heard that before, ive always been told you get equivalent or better. but anyway it was just a suggestion, because all the end plugs change the weight and flex as well. plus im assumimg if he is going to put a plug in only to keep an 1/2" to 1" of it seems a little odd, and i would perfer to have a new stick if possible.

NORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:42 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORY View Post
Break it? That's fraud and you're encouraging him to scam the company.

The warranty is for manufacturer's defects only and they can tell if you smacked the thing against the crossbar.

Classless.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Reddawg

Between adding stick length and butt-end plugs I don't even know where to start making obvious jokes.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:45 AM
howeaboutthat

The 'break it and send it back' idea has to be the most laughable and outright ridiculous idea I've seen posted on this board.

As has been stated, a thirty day manufacturing warranty doesn't cover 'cut too short so snap it and send it back'. Having once worked in a cycle shop where a similar level of 'scamming' was often tried by folk who claim their bike failed when they were "just riding along" I can assure you, manufacturers of sporting equipment are well versed at spotting the difference between a failure on their part and someone trying it on.

howeaboutthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:44 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeaboutthat View Post
The 'break it and send it back' idea has to be the most laughable and outright ridiculous idea I've seen posted on this board.

As has been stated, a thirty day manufacturing warranty doesn't cover 'cut too short so snap it and send it back'. Having once worked in a cycle shop where a similar level of 'scamming' was often tried by folk who claim their bike failed when they were "just riding along" I can assure you, manufacturers of sporting equipment are well versed at spotting the difference between a failure on their part and someone trying it on.
Exactly, it's like eating half of your dish at a restaurant and wanting to send it back for another one because the portion was 'too small'.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Islanderfan17

I would never consider sending it back, instead just bought the wooden plugs (2 of them) and plan on doing it that way. Thanks for the help everyone.

Old
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Islanderfan17

The wooden butt ends came in today, and it happened to fit right into my CCM U+ Light without any sanding or anything necessary! Then I just blow dried it for about 10 minutes and let it sit, totally stuck in there now Just got to trim it and I'll be golden, thanks everyone once again for the help/suggestions.