HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2012, 10:33 PM
  #26
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Tyler Bortnick from the Rays for Roberts...a low prospect in their system but better than nothing I guess
Read a scouting report on him. TBH he sounds like a younger version of........Ryan Roberts. Little more physically gifted though and has a lot more range on the diamond. But basically projects as a utility guy unless his bat explodes.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #27
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,201
vCash: 500
Jack Magruder‏@JackMagruder

#Dbacks new IF Bortnick was 16th round pick in 2009. Hitting .253 with four HRs, 48 RBIs, and 23 SBs at Class AA Montgomery

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:43 PM
  #28
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,424
vCash: 500
Arizona Cardinals Training Camp.

Does anyone really really care at all?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:51 PM
  #29
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona Cardinals Training Camp.

Does anyone really really care at all?
I'm ready for Phx ppl to leave. Too much traffic up here.

doaner is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 12:02 AM
  #30
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I'm ready for Phx ppl to leave. Too much traffic up here.
Haha, I hated that so much. It was good for the serving industry, but that's about it. I never did go to the morning practice and just get lit with my liquor. Oh well, I hate the Cardinals anyways. I would have just been trolling Joey Porter the whole time.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 08:50 PM
  #31
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I'm ready for Phx ppl to leave. Too much traffic up here.
Just wait until ski season starts, I bet you are looking forward to pullover those who refuse to put chains on their tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Haha, I hated that so much. It was good for the serving industry, but that's about it. I never did go to the morning practice and just get lit with my liquor. Oh well, I hate the Cardinals anyways. I would have just been trolling Joey Porter the whole time.
Going to training camp has never been my thing, although I hear the fights are worth watching.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 08:52 PM
  #32
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,424
vCash: 500
**** Kolb and **** Skelton fighting for the #1 spot. Its a joke to see that is who we have going into the next season.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 09:23 PM
  #33
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Just wait until ski season starts, I bet you are looking forward to pullover those who refuse to put chains on their tires.



Going to training camp has never been my thing, although I hear the fights are worth watching.
Chains? What are those?? Phx ppl think there cars are invisible in the snow. Pulled out so many last year!

doaner is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
  #34
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
**** Kolb and **** Skelton fighting for the #1 spot. Its a joke to see that is who we have going into the next season.
As a Cardinals fan, what would you like them to do? I'm just curious if they could have done anything different down the road?

As an outsider, I only know of not offering Kolb the outrageous contract he has with little known promise. It's just like teams going after Flynn(spelling) after his couple games as a Packer.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
  #35
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Chains? What are those?? Phx ppl think there cars are invisible in the snow. Pulled out so many last year!
With the way these *******s drive here, they think their cars are invisible no matter what.

Which is why the Arizona Stupid Law came into play for thos dumb enough to drive into a riverwash that is flooded.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 05:19 PM
  #36
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Dbacks make a trade today. We get Chris Johnson, 3B, for 2 prospects that weren't really in any position to be up with us any time soon. Hitting .279 with 41 RBI's. Nice little addition. And by the sounds of it, I don't think the Diamondbacks are quite done dealing. Only a few more days left though.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 10:18 PM
  #37
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Dbacks make a trade today. We get Chris Johnson, 3B, for 2 prospects that weren't really in any position to be up with us any time soon. Hitting .279 with 41 RBI's. Nice little addition. And by the sounds of it, I don't think the Diamondbacks are quite done dealing. Only a few more days left though.
I don't think those two prospects were ever going to be up, so I consider it a good deal. Though Johnson isn't really that much better than Bloomquist so it probably doesn't help much. Just a little more power in his bat.

It seems like the Dbacks are just going to do some minor tweaks and see if they can sneak into one of these stupid new wild card slots. The future isn't worth mortgaging for those anyway.

It's kind of a lost season at this point TBH. Regression from Young, Kennedy and Upton. Hudson out for the year and sucked before that. Bauer didn't come up and set the world on fire (seems like AZ teams never get this luxury )

Seems like 2008 all over again.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-29-2012, 10:24 PM
  #38
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't think those two prospects were ever going to be up, so I consider it a good deal. Though Johnson isn't really that much better than Bloomquist so it probably doesn't help much. Just a little more power in his bat.

It seems like the Dbacks are just going to do some minor tweaks and see if they can sneak into one of these stupid new wild card slots. The future isn't worth mortgaging for those anyway.

It's kind of a lost season at this point TBH. Regression from Young, Kennedy and Upton. Hudson out for the year and sucked before that. Bauer didn't come up and set the world on fire (seems like AZ teams never get this luxury )

Seems like 2008 all over again.
This team is so much better than mediocre though. That's what's so frustrating. Kennedy has been doing better as of late for sure. But our bats, our lineup is tough to beat. That was one of the things about last year, the offense was timely. I just hate how one game we can just pour it on and we get 6+ runs, but the next day we struggle to get 3 hits. It baffles my mind, because this is a good hitting team.

I don't see us doing well against the Dodgers, but I'm hoping we atleast split the series. We can't be losing series at this point. If we split a series(although we should have beat the Mets and not split), we have a decent outside shot. I mean, the Dodgers are still in 2nd in the NL West after there amazing start. This is the Diamondbacks division to lose. If they can just get focused and pull off a 2-3 week stretch of good baseball, we can be just fine. This is such a weak division right now.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
  #39
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post

I don't see us doing well against the Dodgers, but I'm hoping we atleast split the series. We can't be losing series at this point. If we split a series(although we should have beat the Mets and not split), we have a decent outside shot. I mean, the Dodgers are still in 2nd in the NL West after there amazing start. This is the Diamondbacks division to lose. If they can just get focused and pull off a 2-3 week stretch of good baseball, we can be just fine. This is such a weak division right now.
Oddly enough the team has held up well enough against the Giants and Dodgers this season. They are a bit over .500 against them.

What really REALLY hurt was that sweep at the hand of the Padres in early July.

And I don't think Kennedy has come much around at all lately, he's just gotten luckier. Still giving up too many hits and throwing WAY too many meatballs. But the SO's are up on the plus side.

I'll agree that it's a winnable division but crawling past two teams with so many flaws is going to be an issue. Someone will need to have a monster second half. Hopefully that's Upton.

The weirdest thing about the whole Johnson trade was the statement that they won't be trading Drew. Yet the Johnson trade seems tailor made to facilitate a Drew trade. Maybe he'll go in the waiver trade period.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-29-2012, 10:51 PM
  #40
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Funny you mention Upton, because he's really having a "good" year, maybe not for Upton expectations/standards - but there would be plenty of guys in the league that would be stoked to have the season he is having.

He is being very patient at the plate, and still getting on base through walks. He's not having the power numbers that we would want to see, but he's still hitting the ball. I really feel bad for the kid, he has so much weight on his shoulders as someone who was in the midst of MVP talks last year. He's so young and has such a bright future if he can pull it together.

Kubel hands down is the MVP of our team so far. We would be lost without him right now. Just imagine if we didn't pick him up in the offseason how far off pace we would be right now.

I'm really bummed about Drew. I wish we could keep him, but he will be too expensive. He is probably one of my favorites to watch, he has such a natural baseball swing. His injury sucked, poor kid. He has a really bright future too. This team has such great young talent.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 10:58 PM
  #41
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Funny you mention Upton, because he's really having a "good" year, maybe not for Upton

Kubel hands down is the MVP of our team so far. We would be lost without him right now. Just imagine if we didn't pick him up in the offseason how far off pace we would be right now.
I disagree about Upton, but I guess that partly depends how deep you want to go down the stat rabit hole.

But without Kubel there is no doubt this team would be competing with the Padres right now. I and most everyone collectively rolled eyes at that signing.

Towers is a weird guy, his deals that go 'right' tend to go very right. And his bad moves are just awful. No middle ground at all.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
  #42
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I disagree about Upton, but I guess that partly depends how deep you want to go down the stat rabit hole.

But without Kubel there is no doubt this team would be competing with the Padres right now. I and most everyone collectively rolled eyes at that signing.

Towers is a weird guy, his deals that go 'right' tend to go very right. And his bad moves are just awful. No middle ground at all.
Upton is hitting .273 with 43 RBI's. I know that's not where we expect him to be at this point of the season, but I mean those numbers aren't anything to boo at. He's due to break out this year though, he is underperforming for sure.

I was one of those people rolling eyes at the Kubel signing, especially after the great year Parra had last year(believe he had the best BA on our team last year, not to mention his defense). But it's paid off for sure.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 11:36 PM
  #43
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 24,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
As a Cardinals fan, what would you like them to do? I'm just curious if they could have done anything different down the road?

As an outsider, I only know of not offering Kolb the outrageous contract he has with little known promise. It's just like teams going after Flynn(spelling) after his couple games as a Packer.
Instead of trading for Kolb, they should have just tanked the whole 2011 season and drafted Andrew Luck. Granted, we wouldn't be in the playoffs this season with him but we would be heading in the right direction to getting back into the playoffs sooner than later with him. Either that or make the team in the off-season more to the fitting of Manning for him to sign with us.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
  #44
MP
Registered User
 
MP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I was one of those people rolling eyes at the Kubel signing, especially after the great year Parra had last year(believe he had the best BA on our team last year, not to mention his defense). But it's paid off for sure.
Same. I thought Parra had proven himself and felt sure that Kubel was a waste of money. I'm such a dope.

MP is offline  
Old
07-29-2012, 11:56 PM
  #45
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Just curious, where do you guys like to sit NFL games if you guys ever go? I've only been to 2 live ones. Is it worth it to spend the extra money to sit close?

I'm planning on buying tickets to the Dolphins/Cardinals, and the end zone tickets for row 1 are $119 a pop I believe through stub hub. I just don't know how much I might enjoy those seats. Having a touchdown in my end zone would be nice, but the rest of the view has to suck for the most part.

Oh, and anyone not using their season tickets, I will gladly scoop up Week 4's game against the Dolphins from you.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-30-2012, 12:05 AM
  #46
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Just curious, where do you guys like to sit NFL games if you guys ever go? I've only been to 2 live ones. Is it worth it to spend the extra money to sit close?

I'm planning on buying tickets to the Dolphins/Cardinals, and the end zone tickets for row 1 are $119 a pop I believe through stub hub. I just don't know how much I might enjoy those seats. Having a touchdown in my end zone would be nice, but the rest of the view has to suck for the most part.
I have yet to go to an NFL game. For one I'm not a huge fan and now that I work Sundays it's almost impossible.

But more so than any other sport I assume it's important to sit close in those cavernous stadiums. Sitting close at hockey, baseball, and basketball has about no effect on my entertainment level.

EDIT: looks like the Giants are close to landing Hunter Pence. Could have a turn around like Pat Burell did a few years back.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-30-2012, 08:14 PM
  #47
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Ok, I'm looking for tickets to the Cardinals/Dolphins game. I see them on Stubhub. The Cardinals website says their tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster, but none of the home games are showing up when I go to ticketmaster? All their away games pop up, but none of the home games.

Also, any of you sat in the Red Zone area at all? I found row 1 tickets in section 144 for $119 a pop.

If any of you guys tailgate before the game, I'd love to kick it with you with my buddy before the game for a few beers, that is of course if you are ok with drinking with a fins fan.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  #48
SniperHF
Moderator
Random Red Couch....
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,634
vCash: 500
This Overbay move makes NO sense to me at all. He's been great since coming back.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
  #49
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero
 
Rebranded Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Also, any of you sat in the Red Zone area at all? I found row 1 tickets in section 144 for $119 a pop.

If any of you guys tailgate before the game, I'd love to kick it with you with my buddy before the game for a few beers, that is of course if you are ok with drinking with a fins fan.
Go dolphins, and since that game was packaged in their three game package I would expect the prices to drop even further. I went the last time they were here and got them for $25. They have not released single game tickets yet because they are pushing the three game packs.

Also any one else hitting up the Rattlers this weekend? I cant wait to battle Utah!

Rebranded Fan is offline  
Old
07-30-2012, 09:48 PM
  #50
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero
 
Rebranded Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
This Overbay move makes NO sense to me at all. He's been great since coming back.
A little shocked but the way Paul is hitting tonight I am happy. Jason also played first while with the Twins if memory serves.

Rebranded Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.