HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Free Agency Thread - Part XXI: Weepy Tears & Angst (A. Kostitsyn Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Murray plays a decent amount on the PK IIRC and he's got great size and physicality. I like him in a limited role (pk and bottom pairing minutes) but I don't think he's an answer for the top 4 situation.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:28 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
How the hell could Bylsma trust someone who isn't even on the team?
I wasn't the one stating that Bylsma obviously does not trust Engellang and therefore Murray was a good idea now, was I?

You must have thought Bylsma would have trusted him more in that situation or you wanting to bring him in makes even less sense. Just stating that he does not strike me as a Bylsma kind of player.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
That's the average TOI. Hence me saiyng dwindled to over the course. He played 11:18 in the last game. Boy, that trust in him just kept growing there.
At least I posted the correct TOI vs you implying he played 11 minutes a game.

Engelland played 10:23 in our game 5 too. He was so trusted by Bylsma also.

Wow, so fun to have a stupid dick measuring contest about this nonsense, but if you want to keep up, we can continue to play this game.

Old
07-29-2012, 10:33 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
At least I posted the correct TOI vs you implying he played 11 minutes a game.

Engelland played 10:23 in our game 5 too. He was so trusted by Bylsma also.

Wow, so fun to have a stupid dick measuring contest about this nonsense, but if you want to keep up, we can continue to play this game.
I posted 11:18 as his TOI with is correct to the very second. WTF?

Old
07-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Jaded-Fan

So, just under $11 million in cap space.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

I wonder if anyone told Shero?

Old
07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I posted 11:18 as his TOI with is correct to the very second. WTF?

Old
07-29-2012, 11:10 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Actually, Murray's TOI for the Sharks in the playoffs this year was 16:14. This was lower this year because of Justin Braun's emergence into the Sharks top 4. The Sharks love Braun. He's going to be a solid D for them for a long time. Murray was still #2 for the Sharks in the playoffs for PK TOI.
I watch plenty of Sharks games as I get them on local TV and I'm not sure why you think Braun is a top 4 defenseman since he is a bottom pairing Dman at the very best. Murray is a very physical player which would be an upgrade on some of our current blueliners, but takes himself out of position way too much. I would rather him be on the ice than Lovejoy in the playoffs, but Engelland can provide physicality while being a better skater and not an offensive black hole.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
you are giving the average. we are telling you that his time dropped every game. It was worded pretty clearly that his time diminished down to 11 minutes, not that his average TOI was 11 minutes.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
you are giving the average. we are telling you that his time dropped every game. It was worded pretty clearly that his time diminished down to 11 minutes, not that his average TOI was 11 minutes.
Yeah, no crap. I said "average" in the other post. It's a lot easier to skew results posting the TOI for one game.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Yeah, no crap. I said "average" in the other post. It's a lot easier to skew results posting the TOI for one game.
We know you did. We are showing you a more relevant stat of actual time on ice. If he was playing well his time wouldn't have been cut more than in half over the span of 5 games. Your Average TOI stat is a lot more scewed and a lot less telling of his actual play than our game by game stats. An average is only a good stat either over a larger sample or when the individual stats are closer together.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
We know you did. We are showing you a more relevant stat of actual time on ice. If he was playing well his time wouldn't have been cut more than in half over the span of 5 games. Your Average TOI stat is a lot more scewed and a lot less telling of his actual play than our game by game stats.
I'm sure his time declining had nothing to do with the groin injury he played with either. Murray wasn't healthy toward the end of the year last season. He also had a throat injury from a puck from a deflected shot hitting him.

Quote:
Douglas Murray: Groin strain last two weeks.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...82&feedID=2798

Anyways, I'm done with this. Silly me for thinking trying to discuss upgrading our defense. It was so wonderful last year and the PK was so great in the playoffs that our issues are going to be solved by adding a few rookies.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
I watch plenty of Sharks games as I get them on local TV and I'm not sure why you think Braun is a top 4 defenseman since he is a bottom pairing Dman at the very best. Murray is a very physical player which would be an upgrade on some of our current blueliners, but takes himself out of position way too much. I would rather him be on the ice than Lovejoy in the playoffs, but Engelland can provide physicality while being a better skater and not an offensive black hole.
I'd love a Murray-Engelland pairing, it'd take some pressure off of Orpik too who seems to be running ragged since the 2009 playoffs.

Not sure if the Sharks would ever part with him though, Douglas Murray is built like a big ass tank too, he's what, 6'3" and something like 240lbs and that's rock solid not pudgy like Byfuglien.

I wonder if the Sharks are in need of someone like Tyler Kennedy, something like him and Jeffrey should be enough to get the Sharks somewhat interested.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Murray plays a decent amount on the PK IIRC and he's got great size and physicality. I like him in a limited role (pk and bottom pairing minutes) but I don't think he's an answer for the top 4 situation.
There is a situation in the top 4?

I'm actually ok with the Pens top 4 being Orpik, Letang, Despres/Martin, Niskanen.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I'm sure his time declining had nothing to do with the groin injury he played with either. Murray wasn't healthy toward the end of the year last season. He also had a throat injury from a puck from a deflected shot hitting him.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...82&feedID=2798

Anyways, I'm done with this. Silly me for thinking trying to discuss upgrading our defense. It was so wonderful last year and the PK was so great in the playoffs that our issues are going to be solved by adding a few rookies.
I didn't know he was hurt. I was just explaining the stats he was showing you. I actually said I wouldn't mind adding him so long as he doesn't bump out a rookie and I guess I disagree about Engelland. Not that he isn't better, but that he isn't enough better to be worth getting rid of TK for him and paying an extra 2M. If we are trying to add toughness to our D, I don't see why we would get rid of the toughest guy on our D

Old
07-29-2012, 11:37 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
The Murray/TK swap makes too much sense that I'm surprised it's not done yet. Every time it's brought up in trade rumors, both fans are screaming agree.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So, just under $11 million in cap space.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

I wonder if anyone told Shero?
No he's sleeping still......someone will tell him when he comes out of hibernation in September.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:28 AM
The Power Glove
It's so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang fan 58 View Post
No he's sleeping still......someone will tell him when he comes out of hibernation in September.
I'm still waiting to wake up one morning to "Pens agree to one year contract extension with Craig Adams" and then followed up with a Shero presser saying "We like the team the way it is."

Old
07-30-2012, 06:41 AM
JTG

If Murray is traded for, this coaching staff has to be very careful about overusing him. He's a lot like Gill...I think he'd be much more effective being given bottom pair mins.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:53 AM
UnrealMachine

A top 4 with Despres and Niskanen is rather worrisome. I'm not sure Letang and Orpik are good enough defensively to cover for them. I'd rather see at least one of those two in a bottom-pairing role. At least for now.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Murray hasn't been very good for the Sharks in the last 2 years, Sharks fans haven't been happy with his play. I'd honestly rather keep Martin and hope he regains his form then trading for Murray

Old
07-30-2012, 08:00 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Just one thing for the record, since we are apparently done for the third or so time now:
My point never was that Engelland is better than Murray or that TOI stats are super telling (I did not bring them up), it was simply that I do not see the point for a team, which has a lot more holes in the top9 then on D and 90% of whose NHL ready prospects are defenders, to trade Kennedy for a bottom pairing Dman. That's all.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
A top 4 with Despres and Niskanen is rather worrisome. I'm not sure Letang and Orpik are good enough defensively to cover for them. I'd rather see at least one of those two in a bottom-pairing role. At least for now.
to start the year, I agree. Any major changes to D should happen when (if really) we know what we have with our d-men. It would be nice if we at least knew what we had in our Vets, but as of right now we don't. Our defense could range anywhere from really good to a complete disaster.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Erz8771

Im interested to see if Shero is kicking the tires on Carlo Colaiacovo. When healthy hes pretty steady back there. I think he would fit well in our system. Of course, im not sure what he would be asking $ wise.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz8771 View Post
Im interested to see if Shero is kicking the tires on Carlo Colaiacovo. When healthy hes pretty steady back there. I think he would fit well in our system. Of course, im not sure what he would be asking $ wise.
I always thought Colaiacovo was an offensive d-man but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think the name just sounds like it should be a guy that scores

ya, nothing about that makes sense I know

Old
07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
mpp9

Colaiacovo had a rough stretch in the playoffs but he's a capable #4/5. But he doesn't bring anything we need with the D-men we have fighting for spots. Martin/Niskanen/Despres/Strait. Not seeing where he fits in unless we're moving someone.

Closed Thread