HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

vCash: 500
I don't really know how it works or if he could win it, but does Danny Kristo have a shot at winning the Hobey Baker trophy??

Old
07-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So DeSimone at the Devils prospect camp? I understand that it's a new group and all but why would they let him go? They shoud have signed him. The guy does have some talent. You can't just go with 1st-year prospects........
I'd prefer a real vet for Hamilton. I was never sold on Desimone & with the influx of good young AHLers this year he would be waisting space...

Old
07-20-2012, 11:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
I don't really know how it works or if he could win it, but does Danny Kristo have a shot at winning the Hobey Baker trophy??
He was in the mix for it last season so yes he has a shot at winning it next season.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:20 AM
katatoniak

Nicolas Poulin ‏@NicolasPoulin
“@MorganEllis4: Batman was unreal I'd suggest you go watch it! There better be another one!” Good. A tweet in French now... haha! :-P

11 h Morgan Ellis ‏@MorganEllis4
@NicolasPoulin aussitot question j'ameliore un peu plus

38 min tim bozon ‏@timbozon94
@MorganEllis4 i teach you #french

32 min Morgan Ellis ‏@MorganEllis4
Haha lets get serious here I think there is a better chance of me teaching you sign language @timbozon94

28 min tim bozon ‏@timbozon94
@MorganEllis4 hahah don't worry you will learn ! #languageoflove

Looks like they're having fun with the french stuff

Old
07-22-2012, 10:34 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
I don't know if Vegas has betting on the NCAA Titleists and the Hobey Baker trophy maybe they should look at Kristo and North Dakota this year.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:32 AM
TinordiandSubban

Annual Top 23 under 25

No goalies this year. Carey turns 25 in August and if the organization doesn't care about goalie depth, I don't care either.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Collberg-best line ever!
Kristo-Eller-Leblanc
Geoffrion-Bournival-Palushaj
Gallagher-White-Nattinen - grrr
Holland, Schultz

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Weber
Beaulieau-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Thrower

5 solid d pairings. Who needs goalies!

Old
07-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
No goalies this year. Carey turns 25 in August and if the organization doesn't care about goalie depth, I don't care either.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Collberg-best line ever!
Kristo-Eller-Leblanc
Geoffrion-Bournival-Palushaj
Gallagher-White-Nattinen - grrr
Holland, Schultz

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Weber
Beaulieau-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Thrower

5 solid d pairings. Who needs goalies!
We can still put Delmas and Mayer, but remove them for a 6th player

Looks better than last year!

Last edited by Treb: 07-24-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added a comment
Old
07-26-2012, 11:01 AM
strutsboa

Unfortunately Frolunda just signed Fabian Brunnstrom, which will make it difficult for Collberg to get qualified ice-time. I would say that a top-6 spot is pretty much impossible at the moment and I think that a top-9 spot is heavily in danger aswell.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Unfortunately Frolunda just signed Fabian Brunnstrom, which will make it difficult for Collberg to get qualified ice-time. I would say that a top-6 spot is pretty much impossible at the moment and I think that a top-9 spot is heavily in danger aswell.
I saw that, but they also lost Olimb and Pyörälä who were their top scorers (aside from Kahnberg who played less games). Most of their wings play both left and right. I think if he starts scoring a little in a smaller role, he'll get some time. Who will be their top 4 wingers?

Old
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Would you happen to remember what sort of ice time Lars Eller got in his final year with Frolunda during the '08-'09 season? Granted Eller turned 20 just after that season ended while Collberg doesn't turn 19 till the middle of next season but would be interesting to see how the two would compare as Eller had a big year for Frolunda.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I saw that, but they also lost Olimb and Pyörälä who were their top scorers (aside from Kahnberg who played less games). Most of their wings play both left and right. I think if he starts scoring a little in a smaller role, he'll get some time. Who will be their top 4 wingers?
Olimb is still there. I think you are refering to Pettersson, which is a big loss for Frolunda.

I would say Brunnstrom, D. Axelsson, Sjostrom and Kahnberg (with Olimb and Lundqvist at centre), but it's hard to tell. I think you are right, if Collberg does impress, he will get ice-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Would you happen to remember what sort of ice time Lars Eller got in his final year with Frolunda during the '08-'09 season? Granted Eller turned 20 just after that season ended while Collberg doesn't turn 19 till the middle of next season but would be interesting to see how the two would compare as Eller had a big year for Frolunda.
I wrote this post when we traded for Eller:
Quote:
I'm from Sweden so it's funny to (finally) get a player (two if you count Engqvist aswell) from the SEL to Montreal.

The most impressive about Eller's stats in SEL is that he played very low minutes and a majority of his time in the bottom-6 and still managed to put up good numbers (29p in 48 games). He also lead the team in +/- with +15 (second was +10)

1st line: 2 times
2nd line: 20 times
3rd line: 13 times
4th line: 12 times

Only played 10:57 MIN/Game

Even tough he didn't play that much and only was a 19 years old rookie he only was 8 point shy of winning his team in points (also played 4 games fewer).

Multiple his points on 55 games and double his ice-time to 21:54 (like the best player gets), and he would have scored 66 points and won the SEL in points 7p ahead of the second player. Then you also have to consider that he played alot of his time in the 3rd and 4th-line and with limited PP-time...

Of course I know you can't calculate the points like this, but I just thought it was a funny way of seeing his numbers in the SEL. Please don't shoot me
Eller got plenty of time in the 2nd line (and 3rd line), which I don't think Collberg will, therefor I don't think Collberg could repeat Eller's season.

Anyway, it will be fun to follow him this year!

Old
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Why did I think Olimb left for the KHL? My bad.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I wrote this post when we traded for Eller:

Eller got plenty of time in the 2nd line (and 3rd line), which I don't think Collberg will, therefor I don't think Collberg could repeat Eller's season.

Anyway, it will be fun to follow him this year!
That's interesting to hear, and will be interesting to see how Collberg does next season. I know that Eller was one of the top goal scorers on the team that year but we'll see how Collberg does.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...canadiens.html

I've been working through reviewing the progress of each NHL team's OHL prospects from this past year.

Montreal is today.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

I've been working through reviewing the progress of each NHL team's OHL prospects from this past year.

Montreal is today.
Thanks, great read. Keep em coming!

Old
07-30-2012, 11:06 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

Montreal is today.
Good read as usual, Brock, but just so you know Beaulieu and Tinordi are both LHD. Not the best idea to start the 2 young D (literally) on the wrong foot.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Good read as usual, Brock, but just so you know Beaulieu and Tinordi are both LHD. Not the best idea to start the 2 young D (literally) on the wrong foot.
I like lefties on the left and righties on the right but these guys train together and were paired together at prospect camp with great success. They both said after camp they like playing together. TSN had an interview up few months ago to that effect.

Tinordi plays with Harrington, a two-lefty pairing, to great effect in London. Nate is a very different player but if they can bring out the best in each other then I'd like to see Lefebvre try it.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
I like lefties on the left and righties on the right but these guys train together and were paired together at prospect camp with great success. They both said after camp they like playing together. TSN had an interview up few months ago to that effect.

Tinordi plays with Harrington, a two-lefty pairing, to great effect in London. Nate is a very different player but if they can bring out the best in each other then I'd like to see Lefebvre try it.
Did Tinordi play his off-side with Harrington?

Old
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Did Tinordi play his off-side with Harrington?
No. Harrington did.

A few years ago, the Sharks had a d-corp made of 6 lefties. It's not that unusual at all. Besides, playing Beaulieu on his off-side isn't such a bad idea, considering his shooting abilities.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:41 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Just to mention about Beaulieu, he played a good portion of the regular season, playoffs and parts of the Memorial Cup on his offside but for the most part on the left point position for the power play and that could be because Roussel is a right hand shot. The Sea Dogs only had one other right hand shot of their defense corps and the rest were left handed shots. Beaulieu can play both sides of the ice, similar to Ellis and both will only get better the more they play their off-side as it strengthens their reverse pivots to be able to turn both ways equally. It's important so that the defenseman never puts his back to the forward because he can only turn one way fast enough, like Gill or Komisarek. This stops the forward from being able to cut back behind the defenseman as he turns the wrong way and creating a scoring chance or a quick shot on the goal.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

Montreal is today.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sees offensive potential in Tinordi.

Good read

Old
07-30-2012, 02:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
Just to mention about Beaulieu, he played a good portion of the regular season, playoffs and parts of the Memorial Cup on his offside but for the most part on the left point position for the power play and that could be because Roussel is a right hand shot. The Sea Dogs only had one other right hand shot of their defense corps and the rest were left handed shots. Beaulieu can play both sides of the ice, similar to Ellis and both will only get better the more they play their off-side as it strengthens their reverse pivots to be able to turn both ways equally. It's important so that the defenseman never puts his back to the forward because he can only turn one way fast enough, like Gill or Komisarek. This stops the forward from being able to cut back behind the defenseman as he turns the wrong way and creating a scoring chance or a quick shot on the goal.
Tinordi will never play RD so that leaves Beau.. He can play anywhere on the PP but as for ES, he is horrible on the right. I've watched him play the offside and he sucked. It's not abnormal for a player to not be able to play both sides effectively.

Yes I saw the camp pairing and everything but I'm convinced it won't work out.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Analyzer

There's no real room in Hamilton. Is this a lost year for Collberg if he plays 4th line minutes again ? It is a top division, but maybe 1st line minutes in D2 would be better ?

Old
07-30-2012, 05:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
There's no real room in Hamilton. Is this a lost year for Collberg if he plays 4th line minutes again ? It is a top division, but maybe 1st line minutes in D2 would be better ?
What are you talking about? He'll be fine.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The Habs have an investment in Collberg and won't allow his growth as a player be wasted.If he doesn't get icetime earned Rockstrom will be aware of it and so will Bergevin,they will make room to accommodate Collberg in Hamilton.It would be a really good line to have Bournival center Collberg and Quailer,that could be a high-octane line.

Closed Thread