HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Championship Memorabilia

Old
07-29-2012, 09:56 PM
nocturn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
wow. really?

I just watched it - it was fantastic.

I guess Kings fans are so used to complaining about something that now that we've won the Cup, they have to turn their venom somewhere. Imagine a few months ago thinking that your biggest gripe as a Kings fan was the quality of the Stanley Cup Championship DVD.
Your second paragraph and your pulpit aside, watch the Boston and Chicago DVD and then tell me what you think of the Kings DVD.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
wow. really?
I just watched it - it was fantastic.
I guess Kings fans are so used to complaining about something that now that we've won the Cup, they have to turn their venom somewhere. Imagine a few months ago thinking that your biggest gripe as a Kings fan was the quality of the Stanley Cup Championship DVD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Your second paragraph and your pulpit aside, watch the Boston and Chicago DVD and then tell me what you think of the Kings DVD.
While there's another thread souly about the DVD / Blu-Ray, this could be debated here too I guess ...

Let's compare ...

BOSTON BRUINS "basic" NHL version 2011 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 120 min of content

BOSTON BRUINS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2011 ... 5 Disc's (5 DVD's) @ 340 min of content

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS "basic" NHL version 2010 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 140 min of content

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2010 ... 5 Disc's (5 DVD's) @ 350 min of content

VERSUS ...

LOS ANGELES KINGS "basic" NHL version 2012 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 90 min of content

[IMG]x[/IMG]

LOS ANGELES KINGS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2012 ... X Disc's (X DVD's) @ ??? min of content ... NOT RELEASED YET

... looking at it, YEAH, we've clearly been HOSED (short changed) on the amount of content WE KINGS FANS got ... 30 minutes less at least in the BASIC Disc so far.

Last edited by Puck U: 07-29-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 10:55 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

... looking at it, YEAH, we've clearly been HOSED (short changed) on the amount of content WE KINGS FANS got ... 30 minutes less at least in the BASIC Disc so far.
We weren't hosed. The Kings just won the Stanley Cup a lot quicker then the Blackhawks & Bruins.

There was no real drama. We just steamed rolled everyone!

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

I think those special editions (at least the Bruins and Blackhawks versions) started popping up in mid to late August... I hope ours follows suit...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
We weren't hosed. The Kings just won the Stanley Cup a lot quicker then the Blackhawks & Bruins.

There was no real drama. We just steamed rolled everyone!
Funny ... BUT ... do you REALLY think the Bruins & BlackHawks versions are 30 and 50 minutes longer in content, and it's devoted to an extra game or two each team had to play ? REALLY ? because I don't, I think the NHL shortened it thinking KINGS FANS wouldn't notice or mind being given a shortened watered down version with crap coverage.

NO DRAMA ? ... how about HISTORY ! ... first 8 seed to EVER beat the 1 seed, the 2 seed, the 3 seed and WIN the Stanley Cup ... yeah no Drama in that ... how about how no one gave us a chance at the start, and then we turned it on and just steamed rolled everyone, there's drama in that if they milk it out of it.

I dunno ... I was just left WANTING MORE after watching the DVD / BLU-RAY disc ... and from the DVD thread looks like I'm not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I think those special editions (at least the Bruins and Blackhawks versions) started popping up in mid to late August... I hope ours follows suit...
I'd have to think ( HOPE ) so also ... EDIT, actually looking at them, looks like at the begining of October is the typical Release Date of those "SPECIAL EDITION" sets.
HOLLY CRAP ...

DETROIT REDWINGS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2008 ... 4 Disc's (4 DVD's) @ 700 minutes of content

watch ours be like 240 minutes long

Last edited by Puck U: 07-29-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old
07-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

We'll just have to win it again next year and this time the NHL will have it's cameras on us in round one.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U;
I think the NHL shortened it thinking KINGS FANS wouldn't notice or mind being given a shortened watered down version with crap coverage.
Sadly they're right (for the most part). I highly doubt most fans are analyzing the differences between past DVD's. Most fans don't have the same level of scrutiny as the folks that post here, and I mean that in a good way.

Maynard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:02 AM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Funny ... BUT ... do you REALLY think the Bruins & BlackHawks versions are 30 and 50 minutes longer in content, and it's devoted to an extra game or two each team had to play ? REALLY ? because I don't, I think the NHL shortened it thinking KINGS FANS wouldn't notice or mind being given a shortened watered down version with crap coverage.

NO DRAMA ? ... how about HISTORY ! ... first 8 seed to EVER beat the 1 seed, the 2 seed, the 3 seed and WIN the Stanley Cup ... yeah no Drama in that ... how about how no one gave us a chance at the start, and then we turned it on and just steamed rolled everyone, there's drama in that if they milk it out of it.

I dunno ... I was just left WANTING MORE after watching the DVD / BLU-RAY disc ... and from the DVD thread looks like I'm not alone.

I'd have to think ( HOPE ) so also ... EDIT, actually looking at them, looks like at the begining of October is the typical Release Date of those "SPECIAL EDITION" sets.
HOLLY CRAP ...

DETROIT REDWINGS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2008 ... 4 Disc's (4 DVD's) @ 700 minutes of content

watch ours be like 240 minutes long

I wasn't being that serious. I wish there was more as well.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:22 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
While there's another thread souly about the DVD / Blu-Ray, this could be debated here too I guess ...

Let's compare ...

BOSTON BRUINS "basic" NHL version 2011 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 120 min of content

BOSTON BRUINS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2011 ... 5 Disc's (5 DVD's) @ 340 min of content

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS "basic" NHL version 2010 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 140 min of content

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2010 ... 5 Disc's (5 DVD's) @ 350 min of content

VERSUS ...

LOS ANGELES KINGS "basic" NHL version 2012 ... 2 Disc's (DVD & BluRay) @ 90 min of content

[IMG]x[/IMG]

LOS ANGELES KINGS "SPECIAL EDITION" NHL version 2012 ... X Disc's (X DVD's) @ ??? min of content ... NOT RELEASED YET

Less content because LA played damn near the minimum number of playoffs games to win the Cup.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
nocturn

I cant remember which bluray it is but one of them, in the extras, has a interactive player bio section that runs down each players road to success. For some reason I think its the Detroit Set. I may be wrong. I remember watching the Zetterburg and Holmstrom bios.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:56 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
I cant remember which bluray it is but one of them, in the extras, has a interactive player bio section that runs down each players road to success. For some reason I think its the Detroit Set. I may be wrong. I remember watching the Zetterburg and Holmstrom bios.
Ok that right there just sold me and has me trying to track these done... Some of those bios would be pretty awesome if it's Detroit.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Perro

I'm pumped about the possibility of picking up a replica cup banner!! my buddies all have them for their teams. Now me to.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Ummm NO ... it IS what it IS ...

KINGS = 90 minutes of content
BRUINS = 120 minutes of content
BLACKHAWKS = 140 minutes of content

I didn't IGNORE anything ... that's the TOTAL CONTENT RUN TIME LISTED for EACH DVD / BLU-RAY by NHL.com ... each teams BLU-RAY / DVD has the same type of "EXTRAS", and I think they ARE included in that RUN TIME ? so it's a moot point you're trying to rationalize ... maybe you're just easier to please ? or haven't been a Fan as long ? I dunno ... I've been a FAN since 1980 and I watched the entire thing, and was left feeling like, IS THAT IT ? they could have added so much more, SHOULD have added more ... other NHL Teams HAD MORE content time in their DVD / BLU-RAY why did WE have LESS ?
As far as I'm concerned the BluRay could have 2 minutes of content on it, so long as they have the Kings lifting the Cup. That is the moment I want to save for all eternity, anything else is just gravy.

I assume the reason it is shorter is that I'm guessing the NHL didn't have a crew dedicated to the Kings until Round 3. The first two rounds likely had to be cut from the TV networks coverage. The Wings, Hawks and Bruins were expected to go deep, so each team had a crew from Round 1 on. But frankly, I am a Kings fan. nlot a general hockey fan so I could care less what the other teams had in past years. This is more coverage than the Kings have ever had.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:57 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Where did you find them?!

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I would love to have one of these. Problem is I live in Utah. See where this is going....hahaha can i buy one from someone. Don't even care if its empty. Anyone wanna help out a Utah Kings fan.

Last edited by saintsnsoldiers: 08-01-2012 at 08:59 AM.
saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Looks like the NHL network is going to start replaying all of the playoffs games next week. Set your DVRs if you want to record the Kings games.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

More on topic: I am disappointed to hear about the skimpy Kings DVD. I will probably pick one up if I see it in a store (haven't seen it yet), but it does sound like the NHL wrote the Kings off in the first round: even NHL network didn't do the "black ice" ad until the Kings were in the 3rd round.

Well...I am sure the NHL learned its lesson. I am thinking we will get a real good DVD next Summer!

Last edited by TonySCV: 08-01-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: OT content removed
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Looks like the NHL network is going to start replaying all of the playoffs games next week. Set your DVRs if you want to record the Kings games.
I only get NHL Network in standard def...is anyone willing to record all the games in HD and share?

If not does anyone know if the box set of dvds/blurays will include every game?

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
If not does anyone know if the box set of dvds/blurays will include every game?
I believe they do, yes. At least a friend of mine has the RED WINGS Box Set and it did. So I would think that's common practice for all the "Special Edition" Box set versions.

Old
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
I would just like and expect it to be on the same level of quality and completeness as the other recent Cup Winning Teams, and don't think that's asking too much.
Wait, what's this? The KINGS not getting the same respect as teams like the Bruins and Blackhawks?? You don't say...

People, just because the Kings won the cup, it doesn't change the fact that the team has basically been **** for the majority of it's 45-year existence. When they start competing for the trophy CONSISTENTLY, only then will you get what you are hoping for. Just be content with what we have....it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

A retrospective box set would be a nice compliment to go along with their Stanley Cup DVD set (for some reason the geniuses at the NHL have decided not to release the Bruins or Blackhawks box sets in blu-ray formats. They're standard DVDs).

My choices for games in a retrospective box set (and I'm talking about games in their entirety):

Game 6, Apr 22, 1976 vs. Boston Bruins (4-3 Kings win with Butch Goring scoring in OT)

Game 3, Sat, Apr 10, 1982 vs. Edmonton Oilers (Miracle on Manchester)

Game 7, Sat, Apr 15, 1989 vs. Edmonton Oilers (Kings come back from trailing 3 games to 1 in the series to win three consecutive games)

Game 6, Sat, Apr 14, 1990 vs. Calgary Flames (Kings eliminate the Stanley Cup champions with an 2OT goal by Mike Krushelnyski)

Game 5, Tue, May 11, 1993 vs. Vancouver Canucks (Gary Shuchuk scores in the 2OT to give the Kings a 3-2 series lead)

Game 6, Thu, May 27, 1993 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Gretzky scores in OT to tie the series 3-3 against the Leafs)

Game 7, Sat, May 29, 1993 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Gretzky scores a hat trick and eliminates the Leafs at the Maple Leaf Garden)

Game 4, Wed, Apr 18, 2001 vs. Detroit Red Wings (The Frenzy on Figueroa)

Game 6, Mon, Apr 23, 2001 vs. Detroit Red Wings (Deadmarsh scores in OT to eliminate the heavily favored Red Wings)

Game 5, Sun, Apr 22, 2012 vs. Vancouver Canucks (Kings eliminate Canucks with Stoll's OT goal)

Game 4, Sun, May 6, 2012 vs. St. Louis Blues (Kings complete their first sweep in franchise history and advance to the Conference Finals)

Game 5, Tue, May 22, 2012 vs. Phoenix Coyotes (Penner scores in OT as the Kings advance to the Stanley Cup Final)

All four Stanley Cup series wins:

Game 1, Wed, May 30, 2012 vs. New Jersey Devils (Kopitar OT goal)

Game 2, Sat, Jun 2, 2012 vs. New Jersey Devils (Carter OT goal)

Game 3, Mon, Jun 4, 2012 vs. New Jersey Devils (Quick earns a shutout)

Game 6, Mon, Jun 11, 2012 vs. New Jersey Devils (Kings win 6-1)

That's 16 games in total and captures the most important and significant wins in their 45 year history. The Kings need to release a high definition box set to commemorate their Stanley Cup win and they must include the games listed above capturing the history of the team.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:02 AM
KOPITARRULEZ11

did Pittsburgh have a collectors edition

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPITARRULEZ11 View Post
did Pittsburgh have a collectors edition
They had two.

Quote:
May 25, 1991 - Penguins vs. North Stars: Penguins claim their first Stanley Cup®
April 25, 1989 - Penguins vs. Flyers: Mario explodes for 5 goals and 8 points in epic playoff battle--Pittsburgh's first playoff berth since Mario Lemieux's arrival
April 9, 1993 - Penguins vs. Rangers: Penguins set NHL® record with 16th consecutive win as Lemieux erupts for 5 goals
June 1, 1992 - Penguins vs. Blackhawks: Penguins clinch back-to-back Stanley Cups® sweeping the series in 4 games
April 24, 1996 - Penguins vs. Capitals: The Penguins and Capitals take four overtimes to decide Game Four of the 1996 conference quarterfinals as the Pens come out on top 3-2
April 13, 1991 - Penguins vs. Devils: Frank Pietrangelo makes what is simply known as 'The Save' in a 4-3 win in Game Six of the Patrick Division semifinals
May 10, 2001 - Penguins vs. Sabres: Darius Kasparaitis joins the rush and scores the OT winner in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals
December 27, 2000 - Penguins vs. Maple Leafs: Lemieux emerges from retirement in dramatic fashion with a goal and 2 assists
December 13, 2006 - Penguins vs. Flyers: Sidney Crosby has a 6 point night to take over the NHL® scoring lead in only his sophomore season
October 24, 2006 - Penguins vs. Devils: The 18, 19 and 20-year-old trio of Jordan Staal, Sidney Crobsy, and Evgeni Malkin each score a goal; Malkin's being a highlight for the ages, in a 4-2 win over Martin Brodeur and the Devils

Quote:
Disc 1: May 11, 1991 – Bruins @ Penguins (Pens clinch first trip to Final after a Game 6 win in Boston)
Disc 2: May 26, 1992 – Blackhawks @ Penguins (SCF Game 1 – Pens comeback and win on goals by Jagr and Lemieux)
Disc 3: January 1, 2008 – Penguins @ Sabres (First winter classic – Crosby wins it in Shootout)
Disc 4: April 25, 2009 – Penguins @ Flyers (Pens mount comeback and eliminate the Flyers)
Disc 5: June 12, 2009 – Penguins @Red Wings (Pittsburgh clinches 3rd cup)

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They had two.
I think he meant did the 2009 Penguins cup DVD get a collector's edition. Which a quick search on around the web, it would appear they didn't.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote