HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S.Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part III)

Old
07-29-2012, 06:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
LA's top 6 forwards were Kopitar,Richards,Carter,Brown,Williams and Penner. Bottom 6. Stoll. Gagne/Richardson. Lewis. Fraser. King, Nolan. Besides Stoll,not much there. Stoll had a terrible regular season but was terrific in the playoffs.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If u think about it, the only one SJ really had for Columbus is Couture. Pavelski and close is a solid offer if they did offer that. One problem. Clowe is a 2013 UFA and Pavs is a 2014 UFA. Dubi is signed 4 more years and AA is on ELCs. Makes sense for CBJ to take our offer. Clowe and Pavs likely would have signed elsewhere
Dubinsky has 3 more seasons remaining. AA isn't on an ELC. Arty has 1 more year remaining on his 2 year bridge contract. He will be arbitration eligible next July. His agent Mark Gandler will demand a big raise. Sather alluded to that in the Nash conference call. Maybe the Rangers didn't want to deal with Gandler and AA in salary arbitration. Arty has a 40 plus point season and he is looking at $3M plus/close to $4M. AA will get the opportunity to put up 40 plus points on Columbus. Gandler will use the KHL as leverage along with arbitration. Dubinsky and AA will higher combined cap hits than $7.8M.

Old
07-29-2012, 07:06 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Definitely agree on the fact we should spread things out. One change I would make is this:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan

Stepan plays with the two players he had the most chemistry with last season in Gaborik (GAS line) and Kreider (WJC and playoffs). Nash provides Richards and Hagelin a bigger body than Gaborik and the same goal scoring abilities. That line becomes a little more diverse. Nash opens up more space for Ricahrds than Gaborik would with his size and ability.

Also with switching those two you have size, speed, and skill on all three lines. I'd like to see an upgrade to line 3 at some point, but it's still a solid line.
Good lineup, I like those lines.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:53 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Nasher is best playing left wing

I look forward to watching the Nash Richards Gaborik line. Rick finally got what he needed and I have coveted Brad Richards for the Jackets for a number of years. He has needed Brad or a guy like him for years. Your fan base hasn't had to watch many Jacket games, but I have. The lack of talent that Nash played with for the his career was embarrassing. He clearly played best with Vermette and Andrew Cassels, and had great chemistry with David Vyborny.

I don't know if you watched it, but Rick developed a post up move between the dots where he actually turned his back to the goalie and backed his way in. This resulted after years of having no one put the puck on his stick as he went to the net with speed. He is also a very adept passer, often feeding the offside wing to someone that couldn't handle the pass, or couldn't bury it(Vyborny did, & Juice did to an extent).

Rick Nash is a great character guy and will come into his own on your team where he doesn't have to carry the load but can just go to the net or feed assists in the slot. He struggled having to be Captain & work with a Mgmt group with limited resources, and limited vision. He tried for a long period, but that finally drained his will.

Another under appreciated facet of his game is his work on the pk. Nash has a great wingspan and often intercepts passes on the blue line that turned into shorties.

If you don't mind I will be following Nasher to the Rangers. Obviously you don't need band wagon fans, but I have followed him since his days in London and I am ready to see him produce #'s that he has always been capable of. I have no worries that Rick will meet & exceed your expectations of him.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dubinsky has 3 more seasons remaining. AA isn't on an ELC. Arty has 1 more year remaining on his 2 year bridge contract. He will be arbitration eligible next July. His agent Mark Gandler will demand a big raise. Sather alluded to that in the Nash conference call. Maybe the Rangers didn't want to deal with Gandler and AA in salary arbitration. Arty has a 40 plus point season and he is looking at $3M plus/close to $4M. AA will get the opportunity to put up 40 plus points on Columbus. Gandler will use the KHL as leverage along with arbitration. Dubinsky and AA will higher combined cap hits than $7.8M.
they will both be easier to keep than Clowe and pavelski would anyway u look at it

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:02 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
I look forward to watching the Nash Richards Gaborik line. Rick finally got what he needed and I have coveted Brad Richards for the Jackets for a number of years. He has needed Brad or a guy like him for years. Your fan base hasn't had to watch many Jacket games, but I have. The lack of talent that Nash played with for the his career was embarrassing. He clearly played best with Vermette and Andrew Cassels, and had great chemistry with David Vyborny.

I don't know if you watched it, but Rick developed a post up move between the dots where he actually turned his back to the goalie and backed his way in. This resulted after years of having no one put the puck on his stick as he went to the net with speed. He is also a very adept passer, often feeding the offside wing to someone that couldn't handle the pass, or couldn't bury it(Vyborny did, & Juice did to an extent).

Rick Nash is a great character guy and will come into his own on your team where he doesn't have to carry the load but can just go to the net or feed assists in the slot. He struggled having to be Captain & work with a Mgmt group with limited resources, and limited vision. He tried for a long period, but that finally drained his will.

Another under appreciated facet of his game is his work on the pk. Nash has a great wingspan and often intercepts passes on the blue line that turned into shorties.

If you don't mind I will be following Nasher to the Rangers. Obviously you don't need band wagon fans, but I have followed him since his days in London and I am ready to see him produce #'s that he has always been capable of. I have no worries that Rick will meet & exceed your expectations of him.
Thanks for your input, always welcome!

Just I don't think I want to hear "Nasher" ever again

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik. Kreider-Stepan-Nash. Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan are the best line combos for us ImO

Old
07-29-2012, 10:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

61 Rick Nash thoughts by Aaron Portzline

Quote:
No. 5 = I firmly believe that when Nash started to play in All-Star Games and the Olympics -- when he began to meet and befriend the biggest stars in the game – he started to realize the view beyond his own fenced yard was pretty cool, too. And in most cases, it was better. There were instances last season, before the trade stuff started, when other NHL players were directly advising Nash to leave. One player tells The Dispatch: “I skated over to him before a faceoff and just told him ‘you have to get out of here. Put your agent to work and get it done.’” Many were surprised last February to learn that Nash had asked to be traded. From what I can glean, players around the league were only shocked that it took him so long.
Quote:
No. 17 = Going to make a bold prediction that Nash will return to the 40-goal, 80-point plateau. Won’t be surprised if he has some early-season run-ins with Tortorella, because Nash’s ‘good’ won’t be good enough in MSG. But I think Nash will be a beast again. Call it Tort Reform.
Quote:
No. 26 = God bless fans. Nash was an overrated bum in the eyes of many New Yorkers before the trade. Now, he’s the man, the difference-maker, the perfect Ranger. (All evidence drawn from Twitter correspondence.)
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...thoughts.html?

Portzline thought Columbus was going to land Kreider or Stepan in the deal. All of those podcasts and radio interviews Portzline is the evidence. His twitter feed too.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Portzline thought Columbus was going to land Kreider or Stepan in the deal. All of those podcasts and radio interviews Portzline is the evidence. His twitter feed too.
blah blah blah Portzline. You're almost as bad as Scott Howson. Most fans that might have been calling him overrated were probably reactions to the asking price including some package of kreider, stepan, mcdonagh. Nash was and is still not worth that much given his contract situation. He is a great goal scorer but he makes $7.8 million with 6 years left and full NMC. He hadn't scored 40 in awhile in CBJ, regardless of who is linemates were.

And I don't understand what Portzline's assumptions are based off that Nash will bump heads with Torts. Nash has already spoken highly of John Tortorella. Hopefully, and this is just my opinion, playing in a bigger market on a team where the games will mean something, will ignite Nash's game.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Portzline is a child. His Twitter has been ridiculous ever since the first rumors.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Laura Behnke of Channel 7/WABC interviewed Rick Nash a few days ago. They ran it last night. Nash watched the Rangers playoff run because the trade was close to getting done in February. You get the impression he watched a lot of the games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...orts-spotlight

Old
07-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Sounds like he is ready to get to work, the idea of a motivated Rick Nash with all of his talent is pretty exciting. He could absolutely be a beast, but it's probably best to temper expectations a bit as we generally get a little carried away.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:49 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik. Kreider-Stepan-Nash. Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan are the best line combos for us ImO
I'd switch Nash and Gaborik.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

You know you're in a terrible franchise when other players are coming up to you saying "dude, you gotta get out of here!!!"

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'd switch Nash and Gaborik.
U could but for a while there, that line killed.. its a great problem to have when u r discussing Nash or Gaborik on the 2nd line

Old
07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
frankshi

Hey guys, I'll admit I was a little sad at first that rick Nash wasn't traded to Toronto since he's one of my favourite players.

But I think this is a great pick-up for you, and hopefully it works out well, I think you guys have a really solid team.

I'll be cheering for you this season!

frankshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
TrueBlueJoe89

Rick Nash interview on ABC7-7/29

On last nights ABC7 news Rick Nash was interviewed on the Sports Spotlight segment. I recorded and uploaded it on YouTube for those who would like to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiPyp1_4D_4

TrueBlueJoe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:12 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

The only people who have had a worse summer than Portzline are Holmgren and Holland.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:14 AM
jskramer83

Quote:

From this Article:

"No. 4 = Wonder which line Nash will play on with the Rangers? Most expect him to step in with Brad Richards, a playmaker extraordinaire. My hunch is he’ll fit best with Derek Stepan, but – as a guy who sees the Western Conference almost exclusively – I’m not entirely keyed in on Stepan’s game. Nash needs the puck to be successful. He doesn’t find space in the offensive zone and rip one-timers; he hauls it to net. This will be interesting."

If this is the case he might be right, and a line of Nash - Stepan - Gaborik may make sense, since Richards is at his best when he is controlling the puck. This could be a great combo for Gaborik though, as we all know he tends to not be able to beat defenders when carrying the puck, and adding a guy like Nash who can skate the puck could likely be the missing link on that line.

At least when Gaborik gets back and healthy that is

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Thanks for the upload! Is it October yet??

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
mullichicken25

cant watch youtube at work, did he say anything worth hearing?

or was it typical generic athelete talk?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think Richards/Gaborik and Stepan/Nash make the most sense. Richards likes to have the puck, and Gaborik is at his best when he's finding a seam to receive a pass and fire off a shot. Plus they showed plenty of chemistry towards the end of the year. Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to break it up.

Nash, on the other hand, likes to have the puck on his stick. Should allow him to work the puck into the zone and open up space for Steps to distribute it.

Either way, it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Gaborik dynamic with Nash and Kreider on the team will be interesting. Gaborik's $7.5M in 13-14 could become an issue off the ice depending upon where and how the cap is set with McDonagh,Stepan, Hagelin and Sauer(depending on his health)up for new contracts next summer. Stepan's price will only increase playing with Gaborik or Kreider or Nash. The combined cap hit for McDonagh.Stepan, Hagelin and Sauer is $4.3M counting Mac's bonuses. That will be Mac's cap hit in his next contract. 5 years/$20M.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think Richards/Gaborik and Stepan/Nash make the most sense. Richards likes to have the puck, and Gaborik is at his best when he's finding a seam to receive a pass and fire off a shot. Plus they showed plenty of chemistry towards the end of the year. Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to break it up.

Nash, on the other hand, likes to have the puck on his stick. Should allow him to work the puck into the zone and open up space for Steps to distribute it.

I agree. I think Steps looked his best when he was able to quickly get the puck to Gabby off the rush- he didn't look too great when he had to carry it himself for a while.

Gabby and Richie were DOMINANT in March. If Hank and the D weren't so subpar during that month we would've had quite a few more wins, IMO. Watching them work was beautiful.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:38 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I just wonder if Nash's weakness for finding open ice will not mesh well with Stepan.

Stepan seems to do best when he plays with a guy like Gaborik who can find the open spot on the ice, and position himself for a one timer. Stepan's strength is then getting a puck to the open man for that shot.

I wonder if Nash would even do well with a guy like boyle, who can just give Nash the puck let him do his thing, and crash the net?

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote