HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd follow this franchise to timbucktoo. If they contract, I will just quit an all pro sports. Hell, probably all sports, period.
Contraction is not an option. Full stop. The BOG's would have Gary Bettmans guts for garters if he went there. If they sell for relo, they lose the $200M+ they wouldve received unencumbered from Expansion Fee's be it Markham, Seattle, Quebec or anywhere else. A net loss. Hopefully, one day soon, Gary Bettman will face this reality, have an epiphany of sorts, roll up his sleeves & genuinely get down to the business of facilitating a local sale.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

An Open Letter From Jerry Weiers to Prospective Phoenix Coyotes Owner Greg Jamison
Glendale Needs Assurances Now Potential Buyer Can Live Up to Promises

Old
07-29-2012, 01:57 AM
clayman

This should be interesting...

Old
07-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
This should be interesting...
... ya. Im hoping Jamison responds, makes a statement, reassures the COG, the players, the fans & faithful. Its overdue IMO. Even if he comes out with Gary Bettman & tells us "look, we need more time, hopefully closing by Christmas or early next year". Something, anything.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:12 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Do open letters to "whomever" ever get a reply?

Old
07-29-2012, 12:46 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Do open letters to "whomever" ever get a reply?
Not when it appears to be a political stunt.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:53 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I tend to agree.

Old
07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

While I agree that it would be nice to be updated on the status, I also don't like it when people who aren't really in any position of power demand such updates.

I thought it was silly when the city council candidates openly called for Skeete not to sign any lease agreement - after all, they may not ever be elected to office! Same thing for the mayoral candidates. While I'm pretty sure Weiers is on the side of keeping the team here, unless and until he is sworn in as mayor, he's really no more entitled to an update on what's happening behind the scenes than any of us are.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:23 PM
2yotesfans88

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
While I agree that it would be nice to be updated on the status, I also don't like it when people who aren't really in any position of power demand such updates.

I thought it was silly when the city council candidates openly called for Skeete not to sign any lease agreement - after all, they may not ever be elected to office! Same thing for the mayoral candidates. While I'm pretty sure Weiers is on the side of keeping the team here, unless and until he is sworn in as mayor, he's really no more entitled to an update on what's happening behind the scenes than any of us are.
exactly! you took the words right out of my mouth. i was thinking the exact same thing as i read his political stunt to get free publicity....um i mean his "open letter".

honestly i think an open letter form fans would garner more weight than a person running for office. at least they have invested in the team in the past and will in the future.

Old
07-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:

I would agree with you but not in this case. The Coyotes Fans have been misled and lied to by all parties involed in this cluster**** and we don't appericate it. Seeing that this is a business and this business needs to have fans who are willing to pay in order to reach the bottom line it would make sense to tell the truth and stop ****ing with us. After all, we always hear how important it is for the peon's to be honest from those at the top of the chain so why should those at the top not need to be 100% honest with everything that has gone on?

We have had enough and we want a decision one way or another right now, actually a long while back if you ask me. If the team staying without the NHL as the owner or is the team gone?

Old
07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:

I sorta kinda only half agree with you here Cq. I think the NHL & Jamison have a fiduciary & moral responsibility to answer the questions raised be it from a candidate or already elected official, a player, a fan, a reporter, anyone. Weirs may or may not be cynically & callously exploiting the issue, I rather doubt it, but either way, answers, a statement is long overdue.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:39 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I sorta kinda only half agree with you here Cq. I think the NHL & Jamison have a fiduciary & moral responsibility to answer the questions raised be it from a candidate or already elected official, a player, a fan, a reporter, anyone. Weirs may or may not be cynically & callously exploiting the issue, I rather doubt it, but either way, answers, a statement is long overdue.
I agree K..

This circus already has too many acts in it (Wiers is just playing the side show).

Time for Jamison and the NHL to fish or cut bait.

Old
07-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I agree K..

This circus already has too many acts in it (Wiers is just playing the side show).

Time for Jamison and the NHL to fish or cut bait.
... thing is Legend, they cant "cut bait". They cant move the team, Contraction or Suspension an absolute nightmare to even contemplate. The leagues "stuck" for at least another season (if there even is one). This is it though. Either Bettman has an epiphany, wakes up to reality along with Jamison & in being given one last shot at it they accept responsibility, ownership & re-negotiate the $325M Arena Mgmnt Contract & Lease over the next 5-7 months or; they simply sell to Seattle or QC who by next summer will both be far more amenable to buying & hosting a franchise in temporary arenas be it Key or the Colisee'.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
kihekah19

I don't feel I've been shown any disrespect regarding this entire situation and will remain happy to have an NHL team here to watch and root for. Let's face it, if we put the ownership situation aside, these have been the best three years we've had on the ice in..... well, years.

In business matters, no one outside of said matters "deserves" to know anything until such time as there is a form of finality, at which point they would know anyway. I don't see the actual Mayor or any members of the city council whining about "deserving" to know anything at this juncture. It could very well be because all involved are waiting to see what the courts say about the save Glendale now challenge. We can all speculate regarding this, but a demand by a wanna be Mayor (or anyone for that matter) is silly and won't get anyone anything but frustrated.

It's a difficult situation, but the only thing that matters is what happens on the ice. Here's to keeping the ice frozen at the JOB!

Old
07-29-2012, 08:26 PM
yoyo999

Greg Jamison's bid to purchase coyotes still $20 million short

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20040851.html

Old
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
Quote:
Jamison is trying to talk some new investors and partners into handing over the money needed to complete the transaction with the NHL...
Or else what?

Last edited by RR: 07-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old
07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
Does anyone else think this doesn't pass the smell test? How is it at this time that we only find out Jamison does not have the full amount? With the pre-approval, this should have been known. Bettman looks like an idiot even more than usual.

How is he supposed to cover potential losses if he doesn't even have the amount to buy the team. I really have completely lost faith in the NHL and it's ability to operate properly and transparently. I would be so pissed off if I were you guys. What a joke.

Last edited by RR: 07-30-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old
07-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Yeah I'm not sure i believe it either.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:43 AM
DesertDawg

I remember reading when GJ was starting to show interest in the Coyotes, that the idea was to acquire Westgate and the Coyotes franchise. And they wanted to buy both, not just one or the other. Has this been changed?

Old
07-30-2012, 08:23 AM
MIG

That was the word on March 23rd, according to always reliable unnamed sources.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/p....html?page=all

BTW, that was about nine "2 more weeks" ago.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 Weeks becomes an official unit of measurement in Arizona after all of this.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:25 AM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if 2 Weeks becomes an official unit of measurement in Arizona after all of this.
= 1 fortnight

Old
07-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I tend to agree.
I would agree if we lived in Xanadu...however in the world we live in assurances mean jack squat....the fact a politician is asking for assurances is hilarious....who could forget when someone assured us "No New Taxes".

Maybe this 'concerned' citizen should have written an 'open letter' to Glendale City Council candidates before voting for them requesting they would 'assure' that they would do what's best for Glendale....which includes things such as approving lease agreements, and sales and property tax increases. Did this 'concerned citizen' not understand that's what city council does when he had to choose who to vote for?

When city council was voted in, it was done so based on what they 'assured' constituents (including the 'concerned citizen' in question).

Apparently this 'concerned citizen' didn't do his due diligence before voting for them, or he just thinks his vote should have carried more weight than Glendale constituents as a whole.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:45 AM
korpedo

We haven't heard a word from GJ at all. Is it possible he's waiting to see how the judge rules today on the tax initiative?

Old
07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
We haven't heard a word from GJ at all. Is it possible he's waiting to see how the judge rules today on the tax initiative?
It would not surprise me. I've seen several places that the tax thing doesn't really affect the whole Coyotes deal, but I can't see how it won't have at least a little bit of effect.

Skeete even said that if the tax increase did not go through, they would have to consider whether or not they would be able to afford the lease agreement. And sure, GJ may go through with the deal figuring that Glendale will have to pay on that contract even without the tax increase - but would that really be a good risk?

If the tax referendum is thrown out, that is an obstacle that is out of the way. Really, the last obstacle as far as the CoG is concerned.

Closed Thread