HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 15

View Poll Results: Which team will you rank as the 15th best team in the East?
Montreal Canadiens 17 14.29%
New York Islanders 75 63.03%
Toronto Maple Leafs 17 14.29%
Carolina Hurricanes 0 0%
Winnipeg Jets 3 2.52%
Tampa Bay Lightning 1 0.84%
Buffalo Sabres 1 0.84%
Ottawa Senators 0 0%
Washington Capitals 0 0%
New Jersey Devils 2 1.68%
Philadelphia Flyers 0 0%
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 0%
Florida Panthers 0 0%
Boston Bruins 0 0%
New York Rangers 3 2.52%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Although I want to say the Isles, truth be told it's gotta be the hapless Habs. Adding Armstrong and Prust isn't enough to turn that team around. MaxPack & Pleks keep their offensive production, Desharnais and Cole don't. Subban rebounds into a top4, though any team that relies on Kaberle to be in their top4 and always injured Markov, is in trouble. I don't care how good Price is, you need a defense in front of you.

In the end.

Forwards are slightly in Isles favor with be best overall being Tavares. A pp/g player keeps you from getting shutouts and can be counted on to break a losing streak. The Habs have no one like that.

Tavares > Pleks
Moulson > Cole
Okposo < MaxPack
Grabner = Desharnais
Boyes = Bourque
Neilson = Prust
Niederreitter < Armstrong, if Armstrong plays, else it's Eller who still probably edges Nino unless NN can turn things up his 2nd year.
Strome > Kristo

Defense are Isles favor again. Though i think Streit has less of an injury concern than Markov.

Streit = Markov
Visnovsky > Kaberle
McDonald > Gorges
Hamonick = Subban

Obivious edge in Goal goes to Habs. DP's best years might be on par with Price, but he's far from playing like that. Still, with the horrendous defense that will be in front of Price, he'll be standing on his head in order to have descent stats.

DP < Price

F Isles > Habs
D Isles > Habs
G Habs < Isles
not sure if serious, in regards to the bolded. Frans Nielsen = Brandon Prust? really? Nielsen has a sick pair of hands while Prust...well...doesn't.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:09 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I think it's closer than people realize. Toronto's pretty bad and I think this will finally be the beginning of the end for the Debbies with Parise gone and Marty yet another year older, but... it still goes to the Isles. They need one more year for those kids to mature.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Toronto and Montreal will be better coached teams than the Islanders. Both Canadian teams fired their coaches last season. Carlyle or Thierren or Capuano. Toronto could still end up with Luongo. Gillis needs to move that player at some point before the season begins(whenever it begins). Montreal was a mess off the ice with Gauthier firing coaches and then trading players during games. The whole French-English stuff with Cunneyworth.
This. This is exactly what I was thinking regards to TOR. New coach. JVR in the mix. And I think they end up with Luongo. People are ranking them too low. They are at the very least ahead of NYI, NJ, MTL.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:57 PM
djf

It's the Canadiens or the Isles, but I picked the Habs simply because at least the Isles have a bunch of kids that could take another step. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

djf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:59 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Isles, Montreal & Toronto.

Isles' x-factor - Tavares.
Monreal's x-factor - Price.
Toronto's x-factor - ?

Toronto is my choice.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:02 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Isles, Montreal & Toronto.

Isles' x-factor - Tavares.
Monreal's x-factor - Price.
Toronto's x-factor - ?

Toronto is my choice.
Huh??? no x-factor? How about kessel, JVR, Lupul, Grabovski? Phaneuf still is a solid defenseman.

Think before you post.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I think it's closer than people realize. Toronto's pretty bad and I think this will finally be the beginning of the end for the Debbies with Parise gone and Marty yet another year older, but... it still goes to the Isles. They need one more year for those kids to mature.
The ****ing Debbies. Every year people say their time is over, and every year they keep it together. I'll believe it when I see it.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:14 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Huh??? no x-factor? How about kessel, JVR, Lupul, Grabovski? Phaneuf still is a solid defenseman.

Think before you post.
Be a little gracious before replying to people you don't know.

I didn't go into detailed analysis for either teams - otherwise I would've mentioned Molson, Okposo, Streit, Nabokov etc for Isles and a similar bunch for Montreal. None of these player can put the team on their backs and carry them for an extended period of time, and neither can those that you listed (with all due respect to Kessel).

Tavares and Price can.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Be a little gracious before replying to people you don't know.

I didn't go into detailed analysis for either teams - otherwise I would've mentioned Molson, Okposo, Streit, Nabokov etc for Isles and a similar bunch for Montreal. None of these player can put the team on their backs and carry them for an extended period of time, and neither can those that you listed (with all due respect to Kessel).

Tavares and Price can.
Gracious? What?

Tavares can put the team on his back but Kessel cant? What the hell are you smoking? Geez. JVR and Lupul are better players than Moulson and the inconsistent Okposo. TOR has better depth talent wise than both MTL and NYI. Phaneuf is better than both Streit and Subban from an all around perspective. And if you dont think Burke is gona get a goalie then thats just ignorance.