HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Lines

Old
07-26-2012, 02:36 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Defensively I think one of Hannan, Rozsival, Kubina, or Colaiacovo would be good. Each of those four can eat minutes, but none of them will make so much money that Trotz couldn't bench them if all three of the young guys are playing well.
I can see Rozsival as Poile's 12/13 reclamation project. If we can get the Rosey from 2 years ago, could be a bargain.

Quote:
edit: apparently tomorrow is the Doan's deadline for an ownership milestone in Phoenix. He wants to stay put if the team is going to stay, but unless he is shown some sign of stabilization he is gone.
Isn't this his third deadline?

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
PFL615

I am going to shake it up a little. I think we need to spreadout the top point producers from last year.

1.Wilson-Fisher-Erat-----Give Wison top minutes to shine with Vets who can mask his mistakes.

2.SK-Legwand-Smith----Let leggy be defensive and let SK and Smith get nasty.

3.Bourque-Spaling-Horny-----Probably the best blue collar line to roll out in the NHL next year. Love it.

4.Halischuck-Gaustad-Yip----Goose will surprise some people with his offense. I see him and Spaling swapping spots often.

Weber-Josi
Klein-Blum
Gill-Ellis

Rinne
Mason

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:45 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Halischuck somewhat reminds me of Wilson, in that, he was in the doghouse towards the end of the season, but when given a chance, scored goals.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:36 PM
maplepred

I wouldn't mind hannan he is pretty solid defensively

I don't think sykora is even worth a look is this same petr sykora that won cup with devils? I also feel doan is over rated I just don't think doan is what this team needs I would not be upset if we got him but would be way more happy with bobby ryan or someone of that offensive caliber I mean why wouldn't that type of star forward come here to play with weber and rinne both locked up long term just gotta trade for one ownership has some deep pockets and they were thinking they could have afforded both weber and suter so why not put a big forward instead of suter?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:42 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

To be fair, you did ask about free agents and not possible trades.

I like Ryan as a possible trade target, but the free agent market is basically tapped. Doan is the sole remaining valuable target. The rest would be shots in the dark and/or depth moves.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I wouldn't mind trying the wilson-legwand-smith line out again. It keeps hornquist on a line with spaling and bourque or Halischuck as well.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
roseyc

We still have the same lineup that we did against Phoenix in the second round and they couldn't score. With Rad and Ak gone is the only difference and of course Suter's gone. Most of our regular season was the lineup that we'll start off with. We have Erat and Sk who plays in streaks and Fisher who's a little older and the last year of his contract and Legwand. Wilson and Smith and Bourque we hope will elevate their games. Hornqvist who for 3 years and the last year of his contract this year with 30,21,27. I don't like to make lineups because whatever I think and what Trotz thinks is totally different and it goes more to frustrate me so I mostly let it play itself out for the better or worse. We still need a scorer. Trotz says we play defense first but that has backfired two years in a row in both second round appearances and defense is not as strong with Suter gone. So Weber got paid handsomely but where are the defining goals coming from unless Wilson or Smith breakout. I'm still waiting for Spaling to become a top six player...you remember saying that Poile!!! oh he said O'Reilly would too and where is he now..I don't think Doan will come here...surprise me. It's more of the same minus Suter. We'll be competitive but injuries and slumps will take their toll. This lineup doesn't excite me at all. Bobby Ryan would say volumes about playing for a cup. I don't hold my breath on it

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
NoNecksCurse

fisher with erat/smith
legwand with wilson/bourque
spaling with hornqvist/sk
gaustad with halischuk/yip

weber josi
klein blum
ellis gill

rinne
mason

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
maplepred

What would it take to get bobby ryan in nashville?

Hornqvist, blum, and a first?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
jusu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post

Or mayby Blum and Wilson (in that case i wouldnt trade).

jusu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post

If that's all it took, I have confidence it would have been done. IF Ryan is being dangled, 29 teams are going bananas with offers and they are asking for the moon, sun, and stars.

Old
07-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Webersmashpuck

Am I the only one who would not be upset if we did not get a forward?

8th in scoring last year and we really just lost Tootoo and replaced him with Yip. A Kost and Radulov really don't matter since there were not around most of the year, and we now have Gaustad who will take some hard minutes off of Legwand and Fisher allowing them to have more of an offensive role. See Fisher's stats after we got Goose.
For the lines I see kind of what we had when Kostitsyn and Radulov were out for in the playoffs. Creating a fairly balanced attack that opponents can't match.

Erat- Fisher - Kostitsyn
Bourque - Legwand - Wilson
Smith - Spaling - Hornqvist
Yip - Gaustad - Halischuk

Defensively I would like a vet, but as of now I like

Weber - Josi
Klein- Blum
Gill - Ellis

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

My guess

Erat-Fisher-SK (I hate this line with the burning passion of 1000 suns, but Trotz loves it)
Wilson-Legwand-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Smith
Hali-Goose-Yip

What I want to see

Erat-Fisher-Wilson
SK-Smith-Hornqvist
Bourque-Legwand-Hali
Spaling-Goose-Yip

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Am I the only one who would not be upset if we did not get a forward?

8th in scoring last year and we really just lost Tootoo and replaced him with Yip. A Kost and Radulov really don't matter since there were not around most of the year, and we now have Gaustad who will take some hard minutes off of Legwand and Fisher allowing them to have more of an offensive role. See Fisher's stats after we got Goose.
For the lines I see kind of what we had when Kostitsyn and Radulov were out for in the playoffs. Creating a fairly balanced attack that opponents can't match.

Erat- Fisher - Kostitsyn
Bourque - Legwand - Wilson
Smith - Spaling - Hornqvist
Yip - Gaustad - Halischuk

Defensively I would like a vet, but as of now I like

Weber - Josi
Klein- Blum
Gill - Ellis
Nope, I'm fine with our current group of forwards too. I definitely want another dman though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:43 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
If that's all it took, I have confidence it would have been done. IF Ryan is being dangled, 29 teams are going bananas with offers and they are asking for the moon, sun, and stars.
Honestly, I don't think he is being dangled anymore. Apparently the biggest issue was his displeasure with trade rumors. He either wants to be traded, or he wants the rumors to end.

Of course, if Anaheim sucks again that could change quickly.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Fact is this team still has 197 goals missing one forward and 1 d-man. There is only 4 forwards I would really like but 2 of them have bad histories with the team. Arnott, AK. Defensively, Hannan, Rozsival, Cola.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:51 PM
thecloser

defensively: we MUST sign Kubina, Colaiacovo, Jurcina, or Roszival (interest in that order) Those are my top 4. They'd all play great for us and eat minutes nad wouldn't cost all that much. I think we're good on money to get Doan and one of these guys to a one year deal.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'd rather go with what we got now than give a spot to Jurcina.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:14 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
defensively: we MUST sign Kubina, Colaiacovo, Jurcina, or Roszival (interest in that order) Those are my top 4. They'd all play great for us and eat minutes nad wouldn't cost all that much. I think we're good on money to get Doan and one of these guys to a one year deal.
The only one from that list of 4 I'd like to see in a Preds sweater is Roszival. He was a workhorse for PHX, very underrated. As for Kubina, he's getting old and showing it, Colaiacovo is always injured, and Jurcina simply isn't that good.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:12 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
The only one from that list of 4 I'd like to see in a Preds sweater is Roszival. He was a workhorse for PHX, very underrated. As for Kubina, he's getting old and showing it, Colaiacovo is always injured, and Jurcina simply isn't that good.
I'd be great with Roszival. But I still believe Kubina's got it. Plus he's big, we love size, and one reason Poile didn't give Bouillon another year or two is because he wanted to get bigger on the blueline. I would've liked to see Bouillon back in a Preds jersey because he really turned it on at the end of the year and the playoffs. So if Poile says he wants size, he needs to go get another big fella. Either one would be good with me.

Last edited by thecloser: 07-30-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: more info
Old
07-30-2012, 02:26 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
If Doan is really wanting $7.5m/4yrs I would be pissed if we signed him.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
thecloser

Quote:
If Doan is really wanting $7.5m/4yrs I would be pissed if we signed him.
ya I hope we don't give him that much. Too much for a guy his age. I'd be ok with 5.5m/3yrs

Old
07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

I wouldn't be OK with anything more than two years. We're on the hook if he gets injured, and he plays a style that could easily lead to an injury. We're already on the hook for a lot of money for Weber. He is turning 36 at the beginning of the upcoming season. Do we really want a 39 year old making $5.5m?

Old
07-30-2012, 02:33 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Quote:
I wouldn't be OK with anything more than two years. We're on the hook if he gets injured, and he plays a style that could easily lead to an injury. We're already on the hook for a lot of money for Weber. He is turning 36 at the beginning of the upcoming season. Do we really want a 39 year old making $5.5m?
A recent statement says he is not asking for that amount anyways. He's mentioned that a few teams have offered as high as 7.5, but that's not what he's demanding. As things progress, it seems location is more important than dollars for Doan. I think a move to Nashville could fit like a glove.

SK - Fisher - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Doan

Is a pretty decent top6.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:36 PM
thecloser

Quote:
this is a good and valid point. definitely something to think about it. but I will say, if he jumps ship and doesn't go back to PHX cuz they take too long with this whole ownership/buying process, NSH will be fighting hard to get him. Sounds like management, trotz and weber want him pretty bad, but it's gonna cost.

Andddd if we don't get him, who???!?! thats the quesiton, we need one more forward and beyond Huselius who played 2 games last year because of injury, i don't see us getting anyone.

tough decision i think