HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In the System Part III (All Preds minor league and prospect talk)

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Mike Ross

vCash: 500
So it seems Chet Pickard will be the last part of the puzzle that is Djurgårdens IF 12/13. Anyone got anything to say about the guy? His stats isn't amazing, but seeing he's drafted as early as #18 he's got to have some potential?

Old
07-30-2012, 06:38 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok if Poile drafts another goalie in the first round can we chip in to hire a Titans kicker to punt him in the pucks?

Old
07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatin View Post
So it seems Chet Pickard will be the last part of the puzzle that is Djurgårdens IF 12/13. Anyone got anything to say about the guy? His stats isn't amazing, but seeing he's drafted as early as #18 he's got to have some potential?
I wouldn't want him to be the back-up on our AHL team. Potential? Sure. But today, he sucks.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I wouldn't want him to be the back-up on our AHL team. Potential? Sure. But today, he sucks.
How about the starter on the ECHL team? Because that's what he was going to be.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
How about the starter on the ECHL team? Because that's what he was going to be.
As long as he is 5th in line, I don't care as much

Old
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
As a Cincinnati Cyclones fan, I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to NOT have Pickard back again next season. He killed our playoff hopes last year. He was 28th out of 30 in save percentage among all ECHL goalies who had played the minimum required minutes. In 2010-11, Pickard ranked 26th out of 27.

He's a nice kid, but he just doesn't have it. He's not even a capable ECHL goalie. He doesn't have the physical nor the mental skills to be a professional goaltender. A lower level league overseas is where he fits in. He was DOA when he entered the Predator organization. He was just a bad pick and it's long past time for the Predators to have finally acknowledged that. I'm glad-very glad-that they finally have.

Former Cyclone Jeremy Smith looks like he could be the real deal. Probably capable back up material when the time comes for that.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
As a Cincinnati Cyclones fan, I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to NOT have Pickard back again next season. He killed our playoff hopes last year. He was 28th out of 30 in save percentage among all ECHL goalies who had played the minimum required minutes. In 2010-11, Pickard ranked 26th out of 27.

He's a nice kid, but he just doesn't have it. He's not even a capable ECHL goalie. He doesn't have the physical nor the mental skills to be a professional goaltender. A lower level league overseas is where he fits in. He was DOA when he entered the Predator organization. He was just a bad pick and it's long past time for the Predators to have finally acknowledged that. I'm glad-very glad-that they finally have.

Former Cyclone Jeremy Smith looks like he could be the real deal. Probably capable back up material when the time comes for that.
Fair warning, and I say this as nicely as I can - this is the same guy who insists Mason can't even be a capable AHL goaltender. His talent evaluations of guys he dislikes have a tendency to be a bit excessively vitriolic. Otherwise, no problems.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-30-2012, 11:30 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
He lost his starting job in the ECHL last year. If he's your starter, may God have mercy on your souls.

Old
07-31-2012, 02:37 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

You guys are really scaring us Djurgården fans who are desperate for a good goaltender this year....

Old
07-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Fair warning, and I say this as nicely as I can - this is the same guy who insists Mason can't even be a capable AHL goaltender. His talent evaluations of guys he dislikes have a tendency to be a bit excessively vitriolic. Otherwise, no problems.
Have you ever seen Chet Pickard play? I've watched him play 40 or so times. It was not a pleasant experience.

What on earth does this post have to do with Mason? And, no, Mason would not be a top AHL goaltender. Not even close.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:41 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Chet Pickard seemed to do well in his junior season after we drafted him.... Then he came to camp and gave up a goal to Wade Belak in a scrimmage... And it was all downhill from there

Old
07-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Brock

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...predators.html

Reviewed Nashville's OHL prospects, with an outlook on next season as well.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:34 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...predators.html

Reviewed Nashville's OHL prospects, with an outlook on next season as well.
Thanks...Good stuff. Excited to see how Watson and Shalla does with Milwaukee this year.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:39 AM
luckofirish8

Can one of you Djurgårdens IF guys help me get a Djurgårdens IF jersey? PM if you would like to do so. It would be greatly appreciated.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Ziostilon

is it confirmed that Magnus Hellberg will be in a backup role with Milwaukee this year

so Engren is gone?

Old
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Everlong
-

Has there been any progress on the Blum contract extension situation? I realize Weber was Poile's #1 priority at the time, but figured it would be settled by now.

Old
07-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
is it confirmed that Magnus Hellberg will be in a backup role with Milwaukee this year

so Engren is gone?
That's the plan.

Yes, Engren has already signed in Europe

Old
07-31-2012, 06:48 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Has there been any progress on the Blum contract extension situation? I realize Weber was Poile's #1 priority at the time, but figured it would be settled by now.
more than likely a waiting game. we tendered an offer. He can choose to sogn it, which I assume is a two way deal unless he has played too many games, but I assume he would want a one way deal

Old
07-31-2012, 11:08 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Have you ever seen Chet Pickard play? I've watched him play 40 or so times. It was not a pleasant experience.

What on earth does this post have to do with Mason? And, no, Mason would not be a top AHL goaltender. Not even close.
I remember that Pickard went an entire calendar year in Milwaukee without winning a game. Milwaukee was the division champ in one of those years despite him. I don't know how many times I saw Chet play, but it was too many. He was demoted to ECHL Cincinnati and lost the starter's job down there.

Chris Mason made 52 saves in an AHL overtime playoff game to beat Cleveland. That is enough for two hockey games. Too bad he can't do that every game. It does show his upside.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:18 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
That's the plan.

Yes, Engren has already signed in Europe
He went back to his home country. Jeremy Smith outplayed him and got 60% of the playing time last season. Smith also outplayed Pickard, but I might be able to outplay Chet. I can't believe that other team, Djurgårdens IF, signed him!

Old
08-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I remember that Pickard went an entire calendar year in Milwaukee without winning a game. Milwaukee was the division champ in one of those years despite him. I don't know how many times I saw Chet play, but it was too many. He was demoted to ECHL Cincinnati and lost the starter's job down there.

Chris Mason made 52 saves in an AHL overtime playoff game to beat Cleveland. That is enough for two hockey games. Too bad he can't do that every game. It does show his upside.
Steve Mason was the one to whom I was referring. He of the Calder year and 3 straight miserable seasons since. I'll gladly take Chris over Steve. And I've never seen Chris play. LOL

It's interesting to hear an Ads fan's take on Pickard. You seem to share my viewpoint on him

In all seriousness, it's never a pretty sight to watch a first round pick struggle. They're just kids and they're under a great deal of pressure. As I noted earlier, Chet Pickard is a good kid and I wish him well. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to live up to expectations, but it was time for the Nashville organization to part with him. Everything at their disposal had been used in trying to right Pickard's ship, but it was just not happening.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Can you guys give me any info on taylor Aronson and Anthony Bitetto?

Old
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Admirals released their schedule today and the beginning is brutal. 14 of the first 18 are on the road including a 7 game trip that starts in Rockford, heads to Oklahoma City for two on back to back nights, back up to Chicago and then three games in three days against Peoria, Chicago again and then Grand Rapids.

Of course they are compensated later in the year with 8 of 9 games at home (with the only road game a short trip to Rockford) and a 7 straight at home from Feb. 1st to Feb. 17th.

http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php...id=&home_away=

Old
08-17-2012, 04:18 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Admirals released their schedule today and the beginning is brutal. 14 of the first 18 are on the road including a 7 game trip that starts in Rockford, heads to Oklahoma City for two on back to back nights, back up to Chicago and then three games in three days against Peoria, Chicago again and then Grand Rapids.

Of course they are compensated later in the year with 8 of 9 games at home (with the only road game a short trip to Rockford) and a 7 straight at home from Feb. 1st to Feb. 17th.

http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php...id=&home_away=

Old
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Ouch.

Closed Thread