HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks Player to Watch for 12/13

Old
07-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
reason I ask... I write a season preview for a german sports side about the Hawks and have to look at 1 player closer than to others

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
My second pick is Kruger. I think the offensive part of his game will start to flourish.
You've just opened up Pandora's box.

Last edited by Sarava: 07-31-2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: cleaned up
brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:42 PM
MagicSlap*

Man Bubba's season preview must be funny to read, headline...

"Will Marcus Kruger take the reins as the best player in the NHL or regress to being the third best, your Hawks player to watch in 12-13!"

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post

You've just opened up Pandora's box.
Oops - didn't think that the mere mention of a player's name would unleash the limitless pent up hostility toward said player ... but you're probably right ... it will.

EbonyRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Mr Lahey*

I'm very curious to see how Brandon Pirri does if he gets a larger sample size.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
I'm very curious to see how Brandon Pirri does if he gets a larger sample size.
me too. dude's got some great offensive skill and a twisted wrister. hopefully his defensive game is improving too

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:11 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

50 has inspired me!

Crawford - Can it get any worse than last season? Seriously. A .903 save percentage might not be that bad but... that was good for 36th in the league last year. Theres 30 teams in the NHL. HULLO. Knock knock, anyone home? Everyone including me is hoping for a bounce back year next season hoping it doesnt get worse. If it does, we're all thinking Mason.

Leddy - Posted decent offensive numbers for a second year player but... -12. Only 39y/o Andrew Brunette had worse. Now +/- might not mean anything to some here HOWEVER if anyone confuses Leddys defensive performance with a Larry Robinson... +/- means nothing of course.

Kane - Party boy. Ok you did a mea culpa. You should. I know its tough being in the spotlight all the time but... YOU ARE dummy. Get used to it and everyone has a freaking camera on their phone. HULLO. Knock knock, anyone home? Beautiful stats last year. Career worst. What was that? You wanted to take it up a notch? Holy crap. Is that what taking it up a notch means? Maybe if you dont get sick and catch the flu every year. Thats what happens when you stay out too late all the time. Wasnt happening when you were living with Stan. Maybe you should move back in. At least he can keep you in check. Either that your antibodies flat out s..k and you might want to consider a complete blood transfusion. I heard Keith Richards did it 3 times and hes still alive.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:22 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Saad is a total question
Mark for me

The player to watch is our SECOND LINE CENTER

And Nick Leddy

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
50 has inspired me!

Crawford - Can it get any worse than last season? Seriously. A .903 save percentage might not be that bad but... that was good for 36th in the league last year. Theres 30 teams in the NHL. HULLO. Knock knock, anyone home? Everyone including me is hoping for a bounce back year next season hoping it doesnt get worse. If it does, we're all thinking Mason.

Leddy - Posted decent offensive numbers for a second year player but... -12. Only 39y/o Andrew Brunette had worse. Now +/- might not mean anything to some here HOWEVER if anyone confuses Leddys defensive performance with a Larry Robinson... +/- means nothing of course.

Kane - Party boy. Ok you did a mea culpa. You should. I know its tough being in the spotlight all the time but... YOU ARE dummy. Get used to it and everyone has a freaking camera on their phone. HULLO. Knock knock, anyone home? Beautiful stats last year. Career worst. What was that? You wanted to take it up a notch? Holy crap. Is that what taking it up a notch means? Maybe if you dont get sick and catch the flu every year. Thats what happens when you stay out too late all the time. Wasnt happening when you were living with Stan. Maybe you should move back in. At least he can keep you in check. Either that your antibodies flat out s..k and you might want to consider a complete blood transfusion. I heard Keith Richards did it 3 times and hes still alive.
This was a fantastic post, but you need to capitalize quite a few more words in the Kane section in order to truly capture the essence of fiddy.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:23 AM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
This was a fantastic post, but you need to capitalize quite a few more words in the Kane section in order to truly capture the essence of fiddy.
I enjoy the knowledge 50 drops in his posts. The most vetted vet in our section. Helps newcomers like me out a lot.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
The player to watch is our SECOND LINE CENTER
That may be a good option

Old
07-31-2012, 06:35 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
I enjoy the knowledge 50 drops in his posts. The most vetted vet in our section. Helps newcomers like me out a lot.
don't confuse baseless speculation and half-truths with knowledge. For every good point 50 makes, he also makes about 15 terrible ones.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
don't confuse baseless speculation and half-truths with knowledge. For every good point 50 makes, he also makes about 15 terrible ones.
Pretty much this. If you throw enough crap against the wall some is gonna stick.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:42 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Crawford, Kane, Keith, Leddy, Oduya, Stalberg, Bickell

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

this thread is really not much help for the preview

too many options

Old
07-31-2012, 04:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Kruger - if he's put in to the 2nd line center role again.
Crawford
Hossa - How he's doing post injury
Saad
Stalberg - Can he replicate last season's points and round out his game
Leddy - Needs to take the next step

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 02:43 PM
tomcat24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
The season hinges on our goalies. I'll be watching them the closest.

That said, I would love to see Kruger leap forward in his development, if only to watch what happens around here.

Saad and Leddy are other obvious answers, but I would really like to see Ben Smith come up and stick this year. He's a good plug-in player almost anywhere in the lineup, and he's a fantastic person off the ice. It'd be great to see him succeed with the big club.

Lastly, I want to see if Joe Lavin gets called up, or if they're putting him on the fast track for Rockford's #1 defenseman who can never quite crack the Hawks roster, like Connelly and Stanton before him.
I agree about ben smith. I really hope he is getting over his injury troubles. Really set him back. But he is a solid plug-in to any line. Both him and Shaw might really surprise this year. Both aren't the biggest, but are ultra-competitive with the will and skill to really succeed.

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
this thread is really not much help for the preview

too many options
Pick a group of them and make a poll, problem solved.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote