HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

no 30 goal scorers? 20 goals?

Old
07-30-2012, 06:17 PM
JacketFanInFL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Where does this AP hate come from, rip our one local beat writer from day one because he tries to keep the fanbase informed to the best of his abilty?

When he ripped Foote and Filatov not one of you "hate AP folks" said a word about his reporting... AP is not a saint, hell, I even called him out for saying "book it" when talking about Calvert several years ago but he's not the anti-Jacket or dope as you seem to be hell bent on promoting.
Spot freaking on.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Spot freaking on.
Thank you dude, just telling it the way I comprehend it from inside the bubble.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Where does this AP hate come from, rip our one local beat writer from day one because he tries to keep the fanbase informed to the best of his abilty?
Because, as I thought I'd clearly demonstrated with the post prior to that one, the results of that ability have been extremely poor of late. I immediately noticed something wrong when I saw the name "Savard" on Boston, and the spot-check took a little less than half an hour.

Quote:
When he ripped Foote and Filatov not one of you "hate AP folks" said a word about his reporting...
Oh, on the contrary. The trend was quite live then. I would know - I was railing against it at the time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Spot freaking on.
Agreed

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Because, as I thought I'd clearly demonstrated with the post prior to that one, the results of that ability have been extremely poor of late. I immediately noticed something wrong when I saw the name "Savard" on Boston, and the spot-check took a little less than half an hour.

Oh, on the contrary. The trend was quite live then. I would know - I was railing against it at the time.
If it helps, it's a list of players that have scored 20 goals at least once in their career, not players that are going to score 20 goals in the next season. Savard is on the still listed on the Boston roster and I don't think he officially retired so hence his inclusion on the list.

brianhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:

Viqsi, you know more about individual NHL players than I do, your problem is off ice emotion... to win in the NHL one needs players than can get the job done on the ice as much or more than in the community. My 12 year old granddaughter has type one diabetes and is struggling with that but in the end even she knows what it takes to win a beach volley ball game (she is long legged and talented) .... kick some ass on the field of play.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
If it helps, it's a list of players that have scored 20 goals at least once in their career, not players that are going to score 20 goals in the next season. Savard is on the still listed on the Boston roster and I don't think he officially retired so hence his inclusion on the list.
He's also got literally every single unsigned UFA who qualifies listed, with the exceptions of Jason Arnott (G-d only knows why, he had 17 last year) and Kristian Huselius.

It's unbalanced to make our team look bad.

Quote:
Viqsi, you know more about individual NHL players than I do, your problem is off ice emotion... to win in the NHL one needs players than can get the job done on the ice as much or more than in the community. My 12 year old granddaughter has type one diabetes and is struggling with that but in the end even she knows what it takes to win a beach volley ball game (she is long legged and talented) .... kick some ass on the field of play.

That's awesome for your granddaughter, but... um... what?

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
He's also got literally every single unsigned UFA who qualifies listed, with the exceptions of Jason Arnott (G-d only knows why, he had 17 last year) and Kristian Huselius.

It's unbalanced to make our team look bad.

That's awesome for your granddaughter, but... um... what?
You never know when YOU are cornerd Viqsi, the confused card can only be played so often.... you are injury prone...

Last edited by Robert: 07-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old
07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Thank you dude, just telling it the way I comprehend it from inside the bubble.
Poor reporting was poor. I didn't even think about it, because frankly I didn't care, but Viqsi destroyed AP's list.

Also, you mentioned AP and anti-Jacket? WTFH were you even talking about? I'm trying to remember AP and anti-Jacket talk. Can anyone else remember that? Not saying no one has accused him of that, but I don't remember it.

Quote:
You never know when YOU are cornerd Viqsi, the confused card can only be played so often.... you are injury prone...
Robert, she's confused for the same reason I am confused. I have no idea where you were going with that little story.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:48 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Poor reporting was poor. I didn't even think about it, because frankly I didn't care, but Viqsi destroyed AP's list.

Also, you mentioned AP and anti-Jacket? WTFH were you even talking about? I'm trying to remember AP and anti-Jacket talk. Can anyone else remember that? Not saying no one has accused him of that, but I don't remember it.

Robert, she's confused for the same reason I am confused. I have no idea where you were going with that little story.
I keep an entire deck of "confused cards" on hand when Bob's on a roll.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:55 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
Yeah, I get that. However it really doesn't paint a realistic picture of the situation either.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote