HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official "Who-Else-Are-You-Pulling-For" Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
I actually didn't find he played that badly. He was blocking a ton of shots and made a couple nice breakout passes.

Also, I'm not really sure what goals you're talking about... (not saying that he wasn't responsible for any but not sure which ones)

Was he the one that got burned on Richards's goal where Chara fell?

5/10 (average game for him, from what I had observed)

Edit: I just checked and he was on for both of St-Louis's goals...
He was also on the ice for two of the Sens' goals though.

I'm not a big observer of Volchenkov..I don't really notice him too much unless I find he's having a real good game or a real bad game.
I did notice he was blocking a lot of shots though.
If I remember correctly, he was the direct cause to both of St-Louis goals. The first was a give away if I remember.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:19 PM
PK*

Ottawa - Tampa Bay
I don't really care, but it'd be nice to laugh at the Sens fan once we beat them.

New Jersey - New York
I don't want us to play New Jersey before October or November.

Buffalo - Philadelphia
Exciting team and I think we can definitely take them on. Plus Gainey beat them in the finals.

Detroit - Edmonton
The Wings are one of the teams I'll never be able to cheer for and they're playing a Canadian team, so choosing Edmonton here is quite easy.

Dallas - Colorado
It's always nice to see Sakic do good in the playoffs.

Calgary - Anaheim
Close one, but gotta go for the Canadian team.

Nashville - San Jose
They're the team I like the most after the Habs.

Old
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
If I remember correctly, he was the direct cause to both of St-Louis goals. The first was a give away if I remember.
Ya, the first was a giveaway to Proposal. The second was a bad rebound by Emery but Volchenkov shoudl have been better watching his man.

He was the main reason for the Sens' first goal, though. Other than that though I didn't find he had that bad of a game.

Upon further review, I have reconsidered my rating to Vochenkov. He now gets 4.5

Old
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Colorado, I live there and I am hoping for a Colorado vs. Habs final

Old
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
DicAnns

Ottawa: I want the habs to crush them in the next round
Buffalo: Got family there, plus it's a fun team to watch
Rangers vs Devils: Don't really care, hate both... slight preferance for Rangers...

Edmonton: Canada, eh?
Calgary: Same...
Nashville: Fun team to watch.. Kariya one of my all time favourites
Dallas vs Colorado: Don't care, hate both...

Old
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
eddy

I'm just pulling for all the Canadian teams especially Calgary and Edmonton.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Matrix

Sens Vs Bay : I like the Sens and hope they go as far as they can just to put extra pressure on the Leafs for years to come.....

Jersey vs Rangers : Like Martin Brodeur and Elias and will never like the Rangers anyway so....

Philly vs Buffalo : Don't really care, Buffalo is a tough team to play against, so kind of rooting for Philly

Det vs Edmonton : Love those Western Canadian teams especially Oilers who play a nice fast game, love the way Samsonov's playing (Hé! Boston...) and love how Roloson's doing as well. And love the underdogs so Go Oils Go!

Dallas vs Colorado : Mixed emotions 'cause I love Modano but hate Guerin and Turco, but love Morrow and Arnott. As far as Col is concerned, I can't like the Ex-Nords, especially with whining Breezer and ''It's never my fault'' Theo. But one of my favorite players of all-time plays for them (Sakic) and I like Tanguay's ability of being so underrated....But I still hope Dallas wins

Flames vs Ducks : Love those Ducks, McDonald, Selanne and all, like Kiprusoff though but not enough offensive threads in Calgary for me....Go Ducks!

San Jose Vs Nash : The offensive power in that shark land is incredible. Love how Bernier plays, make me think we could see the same thing next year. Plus tons of uknown players that would like to see more, Smith, Ekman, Preissing, Ehrhoff.....And Nashville doesn't mean anything to me. Tons of unknown good players out there, Erat, Timmonen, Hall, Weber but not enough for me.

Old
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Tuggy

Ottawa vs Tampa
- If you would have asked me this question a month ago I would probably would have said the Sens. But their fans have become very annoying. I would love to see them get upset in the first round.

Buffalo vs Philadelphia
- I really don't like anything about the Sabres. I don't like their players, coach, fans, TV guys, arena...seeing them lose in the first round would be nice.

New Jersey vs NY Rangers
- Just picked Jersey here. Don't really care either way.

Dallas vs Colorado
- Not interested in seeing Theodore win a playoff series and us potentially losing and having to listen to that.

Detroit vs Edmonton
- I've enjoyed watching the Oil play this year.

Calgary vs Anahiem
- Can't say the same for the Flames. Probably some of the most boring I've seen in a while. Sure they win but man it ain't fun to watch. Ducks are much more entertaining and IMO a better team. Calgary is quite overrated.

Nashville vs San Jose
- The Sharks have always been my second "favorite" team. Every since they came into the league, Pat Falloon was my favorite junior player.

Old
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Dallas vs Colorado
- Not interested in seeing Theodore win a playoff series and us potentially losing and having to listen to that.
Well, after seeing that first game, and knowing it's only a game, I wouldn't be surprised for that upset to happen but fortunately Theo will have no major role for that to happen.

Turco seems to hate the pressure in the playoffs so those offensive minded boys from Denver will have fun destroying him in high scoring games. But has nothing to do with Theo who will keep giving 3 goals a game. Win or no win, he has to play a role and don't tell me so far that his little 3rd period shutout of last game facing 2 dangerous shots was enough to changed our mind.

We all know he's not as bad as he showed but he's not as good as his giving only 2 goals indicated. Out of those 16 teams in the playoffs, he's only better so far to Turco, Gerber and Lundqvist.....

Old
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Duff88

Ottawa - They'd be great a great challenge in the second round.
Buffalo - I like their team, they work hard and are pretty impressive.
NJ - I can't wait to see Montreal teach them a lesson in the conference finals

Edmonton - One of my friend is a Wings fan, that'd be great to see.
Dallas - A lot of players I like: Modano, Lehtinen, Turco, Zubov...
Calgary/Anaheim - Can't chose...
Nashville - My second favourite team... although they are not even close to Montreal.

Old
04-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Avant-Gardien

I'll preface this by saying I make a great deal of my picks based on geographic bias and make no apology for it.

Eastern:

Philadelphia vs. Buffalo

The Sabres are a fun team to watch and they play an uptempo game. Also, I love Daniel Briere.

New Jersey vs. NYR

Original Six advantage

Ottawa vs. Tampa

Lord Stanley's cup does NOT belong in ******* Florida, and I want to eliminate the possibility of this as quickly as possible.

Western:

Anaheim vs. Calgary

Calgary fans are insane and I can never support any sports franchise from Anaheim after the "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" and the "California Anaheim Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim." Learn how to name a sports team, ********.

Dallas vs. Colorado

I somehow want both of these teams to lose.

San Jose vs. Nashville

This one's a push. I enjoy watching Toskala play, but Kariya and Sullivan are awesome. No strong opinion.

Detroit vs. Edmonton

Arrogant Wings fans need to eat it, and the Oil have always been my second-favourite team.

Old
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
polarslam

In the east:

Philadelphia vs. Buffalo
I hate Bobby Clarke and wish him nothing but even more disapointing playoff results in Philly. I'm not a big Sabre's fan, but I like the fact that they are a small, fast, skilled team from a small market that is making the best of the new NHL.

New Jersey vs. NYR
I don't really care for either one of these teams. On one level I want the Rangers to win cause they have sucked for so long and if the Habs are going to win the cup I would prefer they avoid playing the red hot Devils at all. On another level I really like Brodeur and Ellias. I guess out of loyality to the Habs I'll cheer for the Rangers, even though they have no chance.

Ottawa vs. Tampa
A Ottawa/Montreal matchup in round 2 would be huge! Plus I want the Habs to replace the Leafs as the team that kicks Ottawa's *** every year.

In the West:

Anaheim vs. Calgary
As a Winnipeger, I love Sealane, but also a Winnipeger I can't cheer for teams in bad markets with dumb names, plus Calgary vs. Montreal in the final would make good revenge for 89.

Dallas vs. Colorado
I have always hated the Stars and will always hate the stars. Go Theo, Briesibois, Turgeon and other ex-Habs!

San Jose vs. Nashville
Ugh. The fact Nashville still has a team is enough to make me vomit. The sooner they are gone the better.

Detroit vs. Edmonton
Gotta love the Oilers over the big red meance.

Old
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
x-bob

In the east:

Philadelphia vs. Buffalo

I don`t really care about this series but I have Grier, Mckee and Vanek in my sim league so I want them to do good.

New Jersey vs. NYR

I hate New Jerse. Partially because we can`t beat them.

Ottawa vs. Tampa

I love Ottawa. They are my 3rd favorite team in the NHL. (Montreal/Florida/Ottawa)

In the West:

Anaheim vs. Calgary

They are Canadien and I used to like Anaheim but not much anymore

Dallas vs. Colorado

I used to love the stars but not too much any more. If Theo wasn`t for Colorado I would pick Colorado.

San Jose vs. Nashville

I Love Nashville. I love Kariya, Sullivan, Perrault, Erat, Zidliky, Vokoun.....

Detroit vs. Edmonton

I`m also a big Detroit Fan. I loe their speed an finess plays.

Old
04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Qui Gon Dave

The only teams that i'd actively cheer for this post-season other than Montreal are Colorado (big Sakic fan, + hejduk, svatos, theo, etc), Edmonton (don't get to follow them too closely but after following some of their kids in Hamilton this year, i'm pulling for them) and the Predators (had a soft spot for them for a few years now, probably something to do with Brits always rooting for the underdogs back then)

In the other series, if anyone is to win them, i hope its Ottawa, Rangers, Sabres and Anaheim but i wont be too fussed about the outcome of those match-ups.

Old
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Biggsy

Ott
Nj i guess dont like either
Buff

Edm
SJ or Nash dont matter
Calgary
Colorado

Old
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

edmonton all the way!

Old
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Out of those 16 teams in the playoffs, he's only better so far to Turco, Gerber and Lundqvist.....
As long as he is better than Turco, we would be really happy

Closed Thread