HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo to Columbus

Old
07-30-2012, 07:41 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaffansince1961 View Post
Also, you might be able to get the price you are asking if you put of Cory instead. That should indicate how back Lu's contract is and why it'll be hard to move him.
Or it could prove that Cory is younger. While I believe the length of the contract does affect Luongo's value. I have no doubt, however, that if we did a thread on Cory Schneider most posters (not directed at you by the way) would say that an unproven goalie who has played a total of <> games would not fetch much. In fact I've seen a few such threads.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Djp

Another factor in play is the new CBA and what will happen. Until its known what the cap hit will be or teams are given a mulligan n ontrasts you likely won't see a deal ntil just prior to he eason.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Or it could prove that Cory is younger. I have no doubt, however, that if we did a thread on Cory Schneider most posters (not directed at you by the way) would say that an unproven goalie who has played a total of <> games would not fetch much. In fact I've seen a few such threads.
Pretty much, Vancouver never wins.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Pretty much, Vancouver never wins.
I don't think it's so much just Vancouver, I think it's more to do with fans wanting to get something for a low price and maybe overvaluing their own players relative to other teams.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaffansince1961 View Post
That's the only way to possibly increase the price.......waiting for someone else's need to increase. But it's a dangerouse game. If the need doesn't arise.......it's a very expensive piece to let sit on the bench.

The question VAN will have to deal with is can you utilize Lu's cap hit elsewhere. Letting it sit on the bench doesn't really help your team.
Keep telling yourself that. So far the Canucks only have one goalie under contract who has proven he can start 40+ games.

Leaf fans can try and talk poorly about this contract all they want.

Im not going to get into it again.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I wonder if Luongo would rather be a full on starter on CBJ or a 1A/1B on the Nucks...?

Honest question. I do think he'd rather not go to a bottom 5 team but it would give him more ice-time. *shrug*
Well if he wants to go to a place where he wont get attention from the media, Columbus would be a good bet.

Theyd have a pretty solid defense and goaltending situation, just wouldnt be so lucky when it comes to forwards.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I don't like giving up Savard, but I guess I could live with that. I'd really prefer if we got back someone like Raymond in the process if we're giving up that package, tho - we could use a speedster who'll score more than two goals in a season so as to keep Gillies on the bench.

(Bonus: that would leave Derek Dorsett as the only CBJ player drafted under the MacLean regime. )
(No, you can't have him. )
Savard, as I said, I rate pretty highly, and was brought up by a Jackets fan as possibly, maybe, might be available. We need something of more then moderate value, and while I think Brassard is a good start...well, let's be real here.

I have no problem surrendering Raymond, but I would want a pick back or something is all. Not pure market value, but...a token. A 2nd? 3rd? Take Alberts? Mason for Raymond balances salary I guess too...not totally sure when I have those two paired off for any reason.

As for Dorsett, I like Boll over him anyway. If you like him, I won't ask for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Well if he wants to go to a place where he wont get attention from the media, Columbus would be a good bet.

Theyd have a pretty solid defense and goaltending situation, just wouldnt be so lucky when it comes to forwards.
Goal support is a problem here in the playoffs too. He'd be in a better situation of the D held together as we are all projecting though.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Many people are saying that Luongo cannot be traded to Columbus because he will not waive his NTC to go there.

But in fact he can be be traded there even if he does not waive his NTC! Let me explain.....

Lou does not have a NMC, therefore Vancouver can put him on waivers. And guess what Columbus finished last place and will have first chance to pickup anyone on waivers. So Columbus can trade with Van by sending the necessary pieces through future considerations. Vancouver puts Luo on waivers and the deal is done. Obviously this would not look good for Gillis and will therefore most likely not happen. But it is an interesting scenario to consider and does give Gillis a little more leverage because he does have the right to do this.

Not sure the value that would come back to Van......Please feel free to post proposals.
Or Gillis puts him on waivers and CBJ just takes him without any payment in return.
Or Howson sends the 'future considerations' and then Gillis never waives Luongo.

Or Howson is at the contract limit and can't claim Luongo, so Garth Snow and his group of meddling kids picks him up.

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:33 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
so Garth Snow and his group of meddling kids picks him up.

Someone needs to photoshop Little Wang in that picture

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 07-31-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:25 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Someone needs to photoshop Little Wang in that picture

Good god sir, this website has rules!!!!

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
It's an interesting scenario, but like the above post, I think doing this would really hurt the GM's reputation a lot
Howson's or Gillis'? Maybe both!

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Because adding a player who's just been screwed over by abuse of what type of movement clause he has in his contract has worked so well for us in the past, right?

As much as I would like to have Luongo... no way. I'd rather try to get Theodore out of Florida after Lu heads down there.
You should go for Markstrom if possible.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You should go for Markstrom if possible.
I said Theodore and I'm sticking by that. We have four "any day now they can be awesome" types in the system (and that's not counting Bob and Mase, who are both pretty young); we need an experienced "now" guy.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I said Theodore and I'm sticking by that. We have four "any day now they can be awesome" types in the system (and that's not counting Bob and Mase, who are both pretty young); we need an experienced "now" guy.
Four? You sure as hell better not be counting Ouelette!

Old
07-31-2012, 11:06 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Four? You sure as hell better not be counting Ouelette!
Forsberg, York, Korpisalo and Dansk.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:33 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Forsberg, York, Korpisalo and Dansk.
I don't think York has the kind of potential the others have