HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Rookie Camp 2012

Old
07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
If Merrill stays at Michigan, he'll be playing Cornell on November 24th at MSG. Devils play an early game against Ottawa that day as well.

Mildly tempted to fly to Detroit for the Devils/Wings game (Thursday), catch a Michigan/Notre Dame hockey game (Friday), Michigan/Iowa football (Saturday), and then fly to Denver for Chargers/Broncos (Sunday) before finally going home to San Diego.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If Merrill stays at Michigan, he'll be playing Cornell on November 24th at MSG. Devils play an early game against Ottawa that day as well.
Hmm, I'd have to check that out.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:

Mildly tempted to fly to Detroit for the Devils/Wings game (Thursday), catch a Michigan/Notre Dame hockey game (Friday), Michigan/Iowa football (Saturday), and then fly to Denver for Chargers/Broncos (Sunday) before finally going home to San Diego.
That's a nice little trip.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:

Wonder if it will be on TV?

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Qubax

How did Reid Boucher look in prospect camp?

We know that he has that laser like shot.

But can the kid put the rest of the game together? Compete level, skating, defense, play away from the puck to develop into an NHLer?

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I just noticed. The Kings took Windsor Spitfires' Nick Ebert with the last pick in the 2012 draft. Livingston native and Devils fan. I wonder how high his heart jumped when he heard "With the 90th pick in the 2012 draft, the New Jersey Devils select...from Windsor of the Ontario Hockey League...Ben Johnson"

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Quote:

Unsure if already shared, but Merrill is coming back to Michigan for another year. The top pairing of Merrill and Trouba is going to be sick!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
PuckHogs29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I just noticed. The Kings took Windsor Spitfires' Nick Ebert with the last pick in the 2012 draft. Livingston native and Devils fan. I wonder how high his heart jumped when he heard "With the 90th pick in the 2012 draft, the New Jersey Devils select...from Windsor of the Ontario Hockey League...Ben Johnson"
The late rounds usually aren't done like that. They go rapid fire. It was probably more like "The Devils select Ben Johnson." And that's if they even said "The Devils" and not "We."

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
The late rounds usually aren't done like that. They go rapid fire. It was probably more like "The Devils select Ben Johnson." And that's if they even said "The Devils" and not "We."
Based on the 2010/11 drafts, the Devils would usually say the team name before the name. The funny memory I have from 2011, was that David Conte remembered to announce Patrick Daly's high school but forgot Patrick Daly's name. He hastily covered up the mic and asked the rest of the table "What's his name again?" which was inadvertently broadcast throughout the arena.

In 2010, I remember Conte announcing "Devils select from the US National Development Program, Jon Merrill." When he stated the first part, I initially thought we were picking Stephen Johns whom Conte had some positive things to say prior to the Draft.

But other teams were blunt on the mic. Can't remember anybody which teams in particular, but there were certainly a few teams that would just announce the player name. On the flip side, Vancouver's guy enjoyed his time on the mic and even soaked in the persistent boos from the crowd.

The other question is whether or not Ebert was there. Wouldn't have been surprised if he did attend though. But at least he got picked eventually. It's a sad sight to see teenagers walking out with a dejected look on their face as if their NHL aspirations were completely dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Unsure if already shared, but Merrill is coming back to Michigan for another year. The top pairing of Merrill and Trouba is going to be sick!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE
I have both Merrill/Trouba (and Phil di Giuseppe) in my dynasty league. I'd love to see both guys on the same pairing.

Last edited by Brodeur: 07-30-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:35 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
The other question is whether or not Ebert was there. Wouldn't have been surprised if he did attend though. But at least he got picked eventually. It's a sad sight to see teenagers walking out with a dejected look on their face as if their NHL aspirations were completely dead.
I can't even imagine the relief he must have felt when he was picked. That close to not being drafted.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Scott04

Quote:
i just noticed. The kings took windsor spitfires' nick ebert with the last pick in the 2012 draft. livingston native and devils fan. I wonder how high his heart jumped when he heard "with the 90th pick in the 2012 draft, the new jersey devils select...from windsor of the ontario hockey league...ben johnson"
booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I can't even imagine the relief he must have felt when he was picked. That close to not being drafted.
After falling all the way from the top 5 projection he had last season. Which begs the question, what would have happened if he was injured all season like Galchenyuk, whose draft stock didn't go down due to his injury?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
I have both Merrill/Trouba (and Phil di Giuseppe) in my dynasty league. I'd love to see both guys on the same pairing.
I picked up Di Giuseppe in my dynasty league as well. I'm hoping he doesn't play the full 4 years, otherwise it's a bit of a wasted pick. I also traded for Merrill a few months ago.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:08 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Ebert is a case of a guy losing stock in his draft year. That can be really, really demoralizing.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Ebert is a case of a guy losing stock in his draft year. That can be really, really demoralizing.
Or extra motivating...

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:48 AM
dougiebrown

A review of the Devils OHL prospects:

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...ey-devils.html

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote