Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit makes an offer for Jay. Bo

Old
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I got nothing against the Wings, I just think there's better options out there for the Flames. If we're going to put a huge void in our roster, be better be filling a huge void. I don't see Filppulla filling that void any more than Cammy or Cervenka.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
I like any move that lets us put Cammy on the wing opposite Iggy.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:49 PM
ZetterBurger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
In terms of value, I don't think the rumour is a bad trade for the Flames at all.

However, moving Bouwmeester creates a big hole. And while I really like Filppula, I do think there needs to be a little more motivation here.

This trade may be good value for the Flames, but it may just make us a worse team.

Plus, Filppula will be a UFA after next season. That season may not even occur. We'd be trading Bouwmeester for nothing.
Well the article says that Feaster would need confirmation from Filppula that he would re-sign before he makes the trade. Losing Filppula should not be a worry of the Flames because if there was a chance of it happening Feaster wouldn't make the deal. I agree that it leaves a hole on defense for the Flames, but you are filling the 2nd line center hole and getting a reliable, big body defenseman back. I like it and hate it, but I like it more.

I completely understand why fans from both teams would be against it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
How you would feel about the deal if Ericsson was swapped with Quincey? Leave the draft picks out.
I wouldn't like it. Quincey is more versatile and better in my opinion. I think he is going to be our #3 moving forward once the hole at the top is filled. I still don't want to see Ericsson go because I've always pulled for him and stuck up for him, seeing him get better and improve has been nice, but I would rather have JBo for obvious reasons.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Thumper17

I think we go,

Tangs - Cammy - Iggy
Cervenka - Flipper - Hudler

To start the season if this is the case. Obviously Cervy and Flipper will be rotated and Flipper will get time on the first line. I expect fluid lines, until around January. By then we should have an idea of who's where.

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Well the article says that Feaster would need confirmation from Filppula that he would re-sign before he makes the trade. Losing Filppula should not be a worry of the Flames because if there was a chance of it happening Feaster wouldn't make the deal. I agree that it leaves a hole on defense for the Flames, but you are filling the 2nd line center hole and getting a reliable, big body defenseman back. I like it and hate it, but I like it more.

I completely understand why fans from both teams would be against it as well.

I wouldn't like it. Quincey is more versatile and better in my opinion. I think he is going to be our #3 moving forward once the hole at the top is filled. I still don't want to see Ericsson go because I've always pulled for him and stuck up for him, seeing him get better and improve has been nice, but I would rather have JBo for obvious reasons.
The article suggests that was what the Wings offered to the Flames. If Feaster countered and said he wants Quincey to be part of the deal, what would the Flames have to add that be of interest to the Wings?

I have an idea, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
The article suggests that was what the Wings offered to the Flames. If Feaster countered and said he wants Quincey to be part of the deal, what would the Flames have to add that be of interest to the Wings?

I have an idea, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
I'm sure the Wings would just want something like a high-ish draft pick back. They gave up a 1at for Quincey last year thought so it could also be a deal breaker. He is a serious part of the future, no matter what some Wings fans think.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I'm sure the Wings would just want something like a high-ish draft pick back. They gave up a 1at for Quincey last year thought so it could also be a deal breaker. He is a serious part of the future, no matter what some Wings fans think.
My preference would be add to Stajan to the deal, but I would seriously consider adding Backlund.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
My preference would be add to Stajan to the deal, but I would seriously consider adding Backlund.
Yeah with adding a centermen, Stajan, Backlund, or Jones would have to go and Filppulla would have to agree to a sign-n-trade, something along the lines of what Setoguchi did with San Jose, otherwise we'd be sitting at 49 contracts afterwards. Quincey would have to be replaced for Ericsson too, and we can modify this to accomodate that however.

I'm sick of this! If we wanted a quality centre we should just trade Bouwmeester straight up for one. Nevermind weasling around it with these blockbuster "quantity" trades because you can't have your cake and eat it too. Bouwmeester for Statsny straight up, and then sign whatever remaining free agent there is (eg, Rosival) to attempt to stop all that bleeding from the blueline. Done.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
tfong

Quote:
I think he is fine back in Detroit

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Said this in the other thread switch Quincey and Ericsson and I would feel much better.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
MarkGio

FYI Zetterburger, don't think tfong represents us. Tfong is good **** and all, but he's been lowballing for Flames fans for so long with regards to bringing Jbow to Detroit that he's only some hair gel and gold jewelry away from being a rotten car salesmen.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
I feel as though this rumor has zero credibility

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:56 PM
TheHudlinator

Personally I want Quincey + 1st + Tatar.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
More mobile overall and still some offense in him but he never really gets prime pp time. where pardy is a 5/6 dman, JE is a 3/4. Still prone to mistakes here and there though.
Good assessment. I think Ericsson can still develop into a solid #3 man if given the chance.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:10 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
FYI Zetterburger, don't think tfong represents us. Tfong is good **** and all, but he's been lowballing for Flames fans for so long with regards to bringing Jbow to Detroit that he's only some hair gel and gold jewelry away from being a rotten car salesmen.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:17 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

I hope Feaster stands pat with JayBo. We just hired a new coach, why not see how Boumeester does with him?

Last edited by TherapyforGlencross: 07-31-2012 at 07:42 AM.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Mike Jones

One of the good things about this offer/trade is that there would be a really good opportunity to flip Fips for a couple of decent picks at the 2013 deadline.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Volica

I like where this is going.

Remember when people said he's worthless? We already have a second line center, decent dman and pick on the table.

Let's get a bit more feaster.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:56 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I like where this is going.

Remember when people said he's worthless? We already have a second line center, decent dman and pick on the table.

Let's get a bit more feaster.
If he can get a better package than that, I will be pretty impressed. As long as a top 6 center is involved, I'm happy.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:05 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Sounds like BS but I wish it wasn't. Filppula always impresses the hell out of me whenever I see him play and the rest is gravy. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

I could actually see JayBo turning his career around in Detroit under Babcock and doing a decent job filling Lidström's skates. Can't see Detroit letting Filppula go however, isn't he pretty much the only top6 forward they have under 30?

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:10 AM
TheHudlinator

I am surprised so many like that package Filppula may have just had 66 points but this was his first season with more than 40 points and it was his first year with Zetts.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
If he can get a better package than that, I will be pretty impressed. As long as a top 6 center is involved, I'm happy.
It's just really funny. It goes from everyone saying they wouldn't give up a bag of pucks for the guy, to already a solid deal.

If bouw gets traded, I'm going to love how their fanbase is going to go into damage control mode and express that ever though they were saying he's worthless, they still won the deal.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath View Post
Sounds like BS but I wish it wasn't. Filppula always impresses the hell out of me whenever I see him play and the rest is gravy. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

I could actually see JayBo turning his career around in Detroit under Babcock and doing a decent job filling Lidström's skates. Can't see Detroit letting Filppula go however, isn't he pretty much the only top6 forward they have under 30?
I feel the same way about Filppula, I don't think many flames fans understand how good he is. He's definitely not a top line center, but IMO is easily top 6 material. Getting Ericsson (his size is tremendous for us) is a bonus. Ericsson has a had a tough time turning into a reliable player. But after how he ended the regular season and the post season, I'd easily take him for our top 4. It's worth the risk, especially since Filppula is the main piece we are concerned about.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:15 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I am surprised so many like that package Filppula may have just had 66 points but this was his first season with more than 40 points and it was his first year with Zetts.
Regardless of his point totals, he is the type of player you want on your team. He brings quite a bit to the table (great hockey IQ) and has been raised in, arguably, the best franchise over the last 20 years.

I have no problem bringing in the players DET deems expendable.

Just my opinion, feel free to think what you want. But I watch a lot of DET games (3rd favorite team) and Filpulla is a solid addition as a top 6 center.

Old
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Regardless of his point totals, he is the type of player you want on your team. He brings quite a bit to the table (great hockey IQ) and has been raised in, arguably, the best franchise over the last 20 years.

I have no problem bringing in the players DET deems expendable.

Just my opinion, feel free to think what you want. But I watch a lot of DET games (3rd favorite team) and Filpulla is a solid addition as a top 6 center.
If he falls back into a 40 point player he is essentially a Stajan 2.0. I do like him but I would feel better if we did
Jbo + Stajan for Filppula + Quincey.