HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Free Agency Thread 7 (Legit Sources ONLY) Shane Doan visiting Montreal (Post 400)

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
First off, what off-ice issues did AK have here?

No they didn't. AK scored a goal that game, and was pretty decent for the limited time he got. Radulov had some offensive chances as well, but Keith Jones for some reason decided to take a couple of bad shifts and zoom on those. But essentially, the whole team didn't look great, which isn't an anomaly for afternoon games.

You want to assume that they were out drinking or whatever, that's fine, just don't speak of it as if it's actually a factual statement. It isn't.
Wasn't he involved in some sort of investigation?
Anyway, likewise. If you want to believe they were angels and got suspended unjustly so be it.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:46 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Where's Shayne ?

Old
07-30-2012, 02:46 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Amazing. A video showing Kostitsyn feeding Eller against an average team.

It surely tells more than the 300 others games he played with the Habs.

A good player should deliver and bring something even if he's playing with the likes of Gomez (who's terrible) and Bourque (who's not). No, I would not sign Kostitsyn 4 millions/year because he had chemistry once with Eller. Not saying he's trash, but he's certainly not a solution for the lack of scoring on the top 6. Again, believing Kostitsyn can bring something more to this team than what he already showed is unrealistic. Personally, I would let the young players like Leblanc and Gallagher take his role.
An average team? That average team almost made the play-offs. Where did our team finish, do you remember?

Personally you'd rush two prospects who aren't ready for the NHL into scoring roles, rather than bring back a guy who can provide, and proven he can provide, 20 goals, solid defensive play, big hits, and good playmaking ability?

Personally, while I doubt we're re-signing Kostitsyn, I'd rather sign Kostitsyn than go with your plan of rushing prospects. It is why we finished 15th in the East last season.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
You're just being a hater. So basically, you're telling me to completely ignore what he does best and simply concentrated on his flaws? Doesn't work that way buddy. No player is perfect, especially 3M$ player.
He's not a 3M$ anymore. He's a free agent, some teams will bid and he'll end up getting 4M$+. He's also probably looking for something long term.

All in all, you can call me a ''hater'' and whatever it means, but I've seen what Kostitsyn can do and what he can't do. Not saying he's trash, but this team won't compete next year because we overpaid a headcase like him. Just ask Martin McGuire or Dany Dubé; I kept laughing at how hard they tried to analyse Kostitsyn's lack of scoring or effort with all his skills. This has nothing to do with me being a ''hater'', it has all to do with this team going forward and start being competitive again.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Wasn't he involved in some sort of investigation?
Anyway, likewise. If you want to believe they were angels and got suspended unjustly so be it.
An investigation? You mean you still haven't realized that the ''Darkest Day in Habs History'' was absolutely BS??
They did nothing wrong. They knew a guy linked to the mob. The guy hooked them up with some cars, parties, booze and girls. That's it.

Does it have to be extremes with you? I never said they were angels. Nobody knows what actually happen. After the POs, the only thing that came out was that they actually were 1 hour late. That's it.

I also never said the suspension was unjust. I said it was stupid due to the timing.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
An average team? That average team almost made the play-offs. Where did our team finish, do you remember?

Personally you'd rush two prospects who aren't ready for the NHL into scoring roles, rather than bring back a guy who can provide, and proven he can provide, 20 goals, solid defensive play, big hits, and good playmaking ability?

Personally, while I doubt we're re-signing Kostitsyn, I'd rather sign Kostitsyn than go with your plan of rushing prospects. It is why we finished 15th in the East last season.
Winnipeg is an average team, and the Habs were worst. Yes, I remember where we finished.

Not saying we should rush two prospects, but Leblanc showed nice things last year and I believe Gallagher could make it with a strong camp. Even if both doesn't make it next year, I prefer keeping the money for something valuable since Kostitsyn won't make us better.

I'm really not seeing Kostitsyn's abilities as you do. While I agree that he showed he could score 20 goals in his career, laying big hits and playing good defensively is not part of his abilities, otherwise he would still be with this team. You actually described the perfect first or second line winger, and Kostitsyn is pretty far for that, isn't he?

My plan isn't to rush prospects. Yes, I do believe Leblanc or Gallagher could make it. If not so be it.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I was happy when Semin signed elsewhere so that people stop talking about him here but now i cant wait that kostitsyb signs elsewhere. Talk about being desperate when some of our fans want either semin or kostitsyn in the lineup.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:14 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
I was happy when Semin signed elsewhere so that people stop talking about him here but now i cant wait that kostitsyb signs elsewhere. Talk about being desperate when some of our fans want either semin or kostitsyn in the lineup.
I dont want to see either of these bozos here

Kovalev, on the other hand...

Okay, we will need to face a harsh reality people. Quality UFA will always be expensive to buy, and even then, there is a good chance they will have a bad reputation, be old, coming off an injury

That's how it works. FA are uually resigned before 1st of july

Old
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
An investigation? You mean you still haven't realized that the ''Darkest Day in Habs History'' was absolutely BS??
They did nothing wrong. They knew a guy linked to the mob. The guy hooked them up with some cars, parties, booze and girls. That's it.

Does it have to be extremes with you? I never said they were angels. Nobody knows what actually happen. After the POs, the only thing that came out was that they actually were 1 hour late. That's it.

I also never said the suspension was unjust. I said it was stupid due to the timing.
So they knew a guy from the mob who gave them booze, women, cars etc and you think that isn't off ice issues?

As far as Radulov goes, captain decides to finally come back to his team when he sees they have a shot at winning only to bump someone off that roster who was there all year, then misses curfew or goes out drinking or whatever. Kostistyn was with him. **** that. And you think teammates don't mind them going out like that?

It's a slap in the face to your teammates, to the organization that is paying you huge amounts of money and to the fans. I personally commend and respect the Preds for having the balls to actually enforce team rules.

He can go have all the parties and booze and girls he wants, just hopefully as far from Montreal as possible.

Last edited by Jigger77: 07-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Soltantgris

Quote:
Habs sign Kostitsyn.

Kostitsyn score 20-25 goals.

Habs trade Kostitsyn at deadline for a prospect and a 2nd.

Habs enjoy 4 2nd round choice after drafting McKinnon in 1st round.

Profit.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltantgris View Post
Habs sign Kostitsyn.

Profit.
I still don't want us to tank. But nothing wrong with signing players to have the option of trading them later this year and have a ******** of 1st or 2nd round pick.

Better than trade FOR these players in exchange of our picks

Old
07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Habs sign Kostitsyn.

Profit.
And then you wake up.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Think for a minute about how much of a difficult decision it must have been to bench Radulov. The guy is a supposed franchise player you have been fighting to get over for years. And to a lesser extent your deadline acquisition AK who already had off-ice issues in Montreal. This is not a high school team benching decision. This involves big money, people's careers, the entire Nashville organization's reputation, a window for the Stanley Cup, you name it. It's a huge, huge decision.

Then ask yourself what they must have done to deserve that. Missed curfew by an hour? Yeah, right.

Do I know for sure they were drinking? No. Do you know they weren't? No. I do know where there is smoke there's usually fire and I know that I believe they were out drinking the night before that game because they looked flat. When you read the stories and the following suspension that ensued it's pretty easy to put two and two together imho.
I can't agree more. It's actually sad to see people trying to defend those guys but I guess, anything not to admit being wrong... Nashville must hate Russians.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Hullois

Quote:
I still don't understand all the hate for A. Kostitsyn, I actually miss him and would be really happy if we sign him. He's big, can hit like a tank, slick passer and amazing wrist shot and you know you'll get 20 goals at least. Yes he tends to disappear once in a while but most of the time he was not a liability, and when he's on, he can be the best player on the ice.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
He's not a 3M$ anymore. He's a free agent, some teams will bid and he'll end up getting 4M$+. He's also probably looking for something long term.
That's really what matters, IMO. If Kostitsyn gets 4mil per, long term, then I don't don't think many will be arguing that the Habs should have signed him. We have Bourque signed for a while. We can't be paying all that much for forwards who can't be drivers on a winning team. Cole will eventually start to decline, probably during his current contract, so that might be another complementary forward on the books in a couple of years.

Of course, if Kostitsyn end up getting a contract with similar money and term to Prust... or maybe an even shorter term... I think I won't be the only one who prefers AK as an even strength winger on Eller's line.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Et le But

Wow, people are bringing up the "darkest day in Habs history" thing to discredit AK now? Amazing.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
That's really what matters, IMO. If Kostitsyn gets 4mil per, long term, then I don't don't think many will be arguing that the Habs should have signed him. We have Bourque signed for a while. We can't be paying all that much for forwards who can't be drivers on a winning team. Cole will eventually start to decline, probably during his current contract, so that might be another complementary forward on the books in a couple of years.

Of course, if Kostitsyn end up getting a contract with similar money and term to Prust... or maybe an even shorter term... I think I won't be the only one who prefers AK as an even strength winger on Eller's line.
I agree. I would sign him at that price, and it would also temper my expectations. But getting paid less on his UFA year is very unlikely.

Old
07-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Wow, people are bringing up the "darkest day in Habs history" thing to discredit AK now? Amazing.
Yeah, I lol'd too.

Old
07-30-2012, 06:22 PM
sampollock

DOAN for 2 years, is what habs will try.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Not to nitpick you, as you're a great poster, but a team that almost make the playoffs is by definition an average team.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:40 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Habs sign Kostitsyn.

Profit.
Do that and no other free agent will ever want to become a hab. Trading a guy you just sign is bad management.

Old
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
habsfan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Do that and no other free agent will ever want to become a hab. Trading a guy you just sign is bad management.
The opposite is actually true. Trading a guy at the deadline to a playoff team since you are not is a favour to them. They go to a better team and have an opportunity to win a cup, yeah players would hate you.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
So they knew a guy from the mob who gave them booze, women, cars etc and you think that isn't off ice issues?

AK: Can you help me find big tv?
Magniola: Let me take care of this.

AK: Where can I buy Mercedes G-Class?
Magniola: I will help you with that!

AK: Where are good place to meet girls and have fun.
Magniola: I'll show you a couple of good places.

Oh the scandal! Yeah.. that's some serious off-ice issues there.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
The opposite is actually true. Trading a guy at the deadline to a playoff team since you are not is a favour to them. They go to a better team and have an opportunity to win a cup, yeah players would hate you.
Especially at the END of a contract. If you signed them 5 years and traded them after 1, I'd understand their begrudging you. But at the last year? Not so bad.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
No it's not. You think young millionaires don't go out to drink, meet women or like nice cars? I fail to see how this is an ''issue''. Jesus man, they're not lifeless machines. They are allowed to enjoy their lives just as much as anybody else.
Come back to reality.

Quote:
As far as Radulov goes, captain decides to finally come back to his team when he sees they have a shot at winning only to bump someone off that roster who was there all year, then misses curfew or goes out drinking or whatever. Kostistyn was with him. **** that. And you think teammates don't mind them going out like that?

It's a slap in the face to your teammates, to the organization that is paying you huge amounts of money and to the fans. I personally commend and respect the Preds for having the balls to actually enforce team rules.

He can go have all the parties and booze and girls he wants, just hopefully as far from Montreal as possible.
Nashville wanted Radulov back so they can reach the contender level. They brought him back and he was their best offensive player. We also know Radu was playing with some discomfort as he had surgery right after the POs.
Btw, you don't get paid in the POs. So he didn't make much money, considering.

Is it a slap in the face? I don't know. If it's because their diner reservation got delayed, then no, I don't think it's a slap in the face. If it's because they met these two hot girls and had a bottle of wine with them, and only came an hour late, no, I don't think it's a slap in the face.
And how does AK respond to it? He scores a goal in the game. Ya, that was a real slap in the face too.

The Preds handled the situation poorly. They created a distraction, deepened their hole (went from 2 games away from elimination to one), and had a disappointed ending where the whole team didnt look that great. But yea, commend them for having ''balls'', or in this case stupidity, to reinforce rules..

Last edited by Kriss E: 07-31-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Closed Thread