HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Greene

Old
07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd rather keep Greene and trade Muzzin.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I would be ok with tradeing greene we have alot of defenseman coming up that need a chance to play.
I don't understand this mentality.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'd rather keep Greene and trade Muzzin.
Agreed. They don't have another player like Greene ready to step in and they don't have very many right handed dmen in the system.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:08 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Greene is the only one i would be interested, sorry.
He would be valuable when we start our cup runs within few years, hopefully.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Agreed. They don't have another player like Greene ready to step in and they don't have very many right handed dmen in the system.
The closest, and even then it's a stretch is Campbell.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:21 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't understand this mentality.
whats not to understand If we don't play them they will be worth nothing to the organziation and just leave for free aka moller hollaway etc I think playing them a few game would increase there value. I want to get something for the players we develope rather then see them walk for nothing.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I don't get why or how people who watch this team are okay with trading the team's most ferocious and physical defenseman. Really guys?

(dumbass back official calls a penalty).

Old
07-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
whats not to understand If we don't play them they will be worth nothing to the organziation and just leave for free aka moller hollaway etc I think playing them a few game would increase there value. I want to get something for the players we develope rather then see them walk for nothing.
You think the Kings really miss Moller and Holloway? Thanks to their departure, the Kings found room for Dwight King and Jordan Nolan. The reality is that they will keep their alternate captain who has been a stalwart on defense before trading him in favor of an unproven rookie who has yet to prove he is an NHL player.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

The Kings have no one else like Matt Greene.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
You think the Kings really miss Moller and Holloway? Thanks to their departure, the Kings found room for Dwight King and Jordan Nolan. The reality is that they will keep their alternate captain who has been a stalwart on defense before trading him in favor of an unproven rookie who has yet to prove he is an NHL player.
I m not saying they do miss moller All im saying is they need a chance to play. I disagee nolon and king got there shot because of hunter and moreau leaving Moller and Hollaway have absoultely nothing to do with them. exactly my point they will be unproven because they arent getting a chance to play. Its impossible to prove one way or another when u don't get a chance to show what u can do. They need games or there talent will be wasted without getting a chance to prove anything. I agree that greene might not be the one to be moved but someone needs to so that muzzin and hickey will get a shot to prove one way or another.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
WildFinn,

I doubt Greener is available (at least this year). However, we have a talented FW
who played in Sweden last year, is under-appreciated & under-rated
by our Mgmt, and might be available for a super-cheap price.

His name is Bud Holloway.

Due to him being a bit out-of-favor for going overseas to play in 2011-12,
I'll bet our GM would move him for a modest price.

Many of our fans don't like him, either.
But they are wrong.

Mark my words,
He will be a good NHL player.

But not for us.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=74655"]http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=74655[/URL]

Why are people so ****ing high on this guy when he has done absolutely nothing except show a bad attitude towards the organization, blow us off, and go play in Europe?

How do you know he is going to be a good NHL player? What has he done? Have good AHL numbers?

Keith Aucoin had amazing AHL numbers.....

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Why are people so ****ing high on this guy when he has done absolutely nothing except show a bad attitude towards the organization, blow us off, and go play in Europe?

How do you know he is going to be a good NHL player? What has he done? Have good AHL numbers?

Keith Aucoin had amazing AHL numbers.....
I dont get it either. He's 24 and is nothing special. At least a guy like Moller actually made the NHL and scored goals. Until he does Holloway is a never was.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
greene might not be the one to be moved but someone needs to so that muzzin and hickey will get a shot to prove one way or another.
I'd rather try and win another Stanley Cup. Giving roster spots to players that haven't earned it yet is counter productive to that goal.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:03 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'd rather try and win another Stanley Cup. Giving roster spots to players that haven't earned it yet is counter productive to that goal.
Wasting talent to me is more counter productive. What does Hickey or muzzin have left to prove at the ahl level ? All im saying is maybe a rotation of hickey or muzzin with martinez and greene to see if hes got the talent to play Then if they have proven it they can trade someone. At least get them some games. Right now there being wasted in mancheaster

Old
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
A Muzzin for Clutterbuck "based" deal is what was said.
Same thing, still no idea how a deal with Muzzin as the key piece is going to benefit Minnesota in any way.

Clutterbuck is the kind of guy, who if offered around the league would bring a very nice return. More than a 23 year old AHL d-man as the centerpiece.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Wasting talent to me is more counter productive. What does Hickey or muzzin have left to prove at the ahl level ? All im saying is maybe a rotation of hickey or muzzin with martinez and greene to see if hes got the talent to play Then if they have proven it they can trade someone. At least get them some games. Right now there being wasted in mancheaster
Have you thought about what might happen if they bust out and struggle? Say the Kings trade Greene to make room for Muzzin or Hickey and they look out of place. Then what? You created a hole before having it filled. At least the Kings knew what they were getting from Voynov when they had him come up and he comfortably replaced Jack Johnson. You aren't getting that assurance from Muzzin, at least not yet.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:35 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Have you thought about what might happen if they bust out and struggle? Say the Kings trade Greene to make room for Muzzin or Hickey and they look out of place. Then what? You created a hole before having it filled. At least the Kings knew what they were getting from Voynov when they had him come up and he comfortably replaced Jack Johnson. You aren't getting that assurance from Muzzin, at least not yet.
You dont trade till ur sure like with slava. You need to give them a shot they both earned one. Yeah they knew cause they gave him a chance to play Which they need to do with muzzin or hickey hell both should see some games if possible. As of now u wont know cause theres no room to give them a shot. You have to give them a shot to find out. As for ur bust out and struggle question then you can send him down and bring up the other to give them a shot. Its not like were lacking in nhl ready defenseman ready for a chance. Hell i think the top 4 defenseman in mancheaster could see nhl mins if needed. should all them bust then u go and trade for a dman Its not that hard to fill a 6th defense spot.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:15 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The Kings have no one else like Matt Greene.
The Wild don't either which is why they would want him, trouble is the Wild also really don't have much that the Kings would want that they would be willing to part with. The Kings can't trade Greene and fill his spot with someone like Muzzin or Campbell, and getting Clutterbuck, Brodziak, or someone else still leaves a hole on the blueline. Just a case of bad trading partners.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Pucknut50

Laughing right now. I never had a problem with Greene but I have read so many times on these boards about how awful Greene is. Win a cup and everybody see's the "Greener" side of things.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Laughing right now. I never had a problem with Greene but I have read so many times on these boards about how awful Greene is. Win a cup and everybody see's the "Greener" side of things.
Have you noticed the smattering of members here who would be ok with trading Greene? His services and role still isn't very appreciated by some posters here, even after a terrific performance in the playoffs.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Well, he played much better this playoffs than the last two, it isn't debatable. I've said his performances were awful (a long time ago) but that was overreactions based on being annoyed by his over aggression that would lead to him taking some pretty terrible penalties. Anyway, nobody's right all the time.

He should go nowhere and will be re-upped when the time comes.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Greene was awful in 2010-2011, in particular his play in the playoffs was pathetic.

A year ago not many people would have cared whether Greene came back or not, and rightfully so. But hats off to him he had an excellent season this year for the Kings and should not be discussed in any deals unless someone is going to drastically overpy for him.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Same thing, still no idea how a deal with Muzzin as the key piece is going to benefit Minnesota in any way.

Clutterbuck is the kind of guy, who if offered around the league would bring a very nice return. More than a 23 year old AHL d-man as the centerpiece.
While I agree that it would take allot more than just Muzzin to bring back Clutterbuck a deal based around him isn't completely out of the question. In the same way that there weren't but one or two of us who knew that A Mart was ready to step in and become what he is today there are only a handful of us here who know the same to be true about Muzzin.

An A Mart/Muzzin comparative is actually fair at this stage of their respective careers. Muzzin is not only a slightly better skater (though not as smooth in his movement/stride) than A Mart at this stage in his development but he is a good two way player. The thing that Muzzin does better than A Mart is play with an aggressive edge to his game. Given the opportunity Muzzin has the skillset to become a much better player than A Mart or Greene for that matter.

Now will Muzzin be able to translate those skills to the NHL game and then if he does will he be able to continue to develop those skills and realize his full potential of he does? That is the question.

Basing a deal around Muzzin and something else of significant need to the Wild could return us a player like Clutterbuck in the same way that a deal centered around Greene could, the difference being what has to be added to the deal to make it work.

With Muzzin it would have to be something considerable and with Greene it would be much much less if anything.

Me, I wouldn't deal Greene unless we received something truly significant in return. We just don't need to and he is not only an excellent 4/6 dman but clearly one of those guys who keeps a locker room together and that is a skill that should never be undervalued though often is.

With Muzzin, Hickey and Davis D all being NHL ready and Deslauriers, Gravel and Forbort two to three seasons away from matriculating we are overloaded with NHL caliber talent on the blue line. Add in the fact that we have Voynov, Doughty and A Mart established and having proven themselves to be keepers and we have the ability to make a move from a position of strength by providing high end D prospects in return for our own areas of need.

Like I said, I wouldn't deal Greene but I do think people around here will be surprised at how coveted several of our kids are by more than a couple of other teams around the league.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Agreed that MIN should be interested in Muzzin, or maybe Drewiske who is more or less a hometown boy there.
not really local. Hudson, WI may be on the state line of MN - WI and less than an hours drive from MSP and the Wild, but it IS Wisconsin. there are very fierce and passionate rivalries up and down the state line.

the rivalry between the U of M and U of W is very fierce and Drew played for the Badgers. to label him as a local would piss off quite a few people. i grew up in Duluth which is up north and i wouldn't view Drew as local to the MSP area.....he's from WI

just sayin.....

Whiskeypete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
not really local. Hudson, WI may be on the state line of MN - WI and less than an hours drive from MSP and the Wild, but it IS Wisconsin. there are very fierce and passionate rivalries up and down the state line.

the rivalry between the U of M and U of W is very fierce and Drew played for the Badgers. to label him as a local would piss off quite a few people. i grew up in Duluth which is up north and i wouldn't view Drew as local to the MSP area.....he's from WI

just sayin.....
This is very true. There are very distinct lines and huge rivalries between all of the U of M-Duluth fans and U of M fans and probably even moreso between UM and UW fans. That said I wouldn't be shocked if Drewiske had an interest in playing for the Wild since most kids in the Wisconsin, Iowa area (where I grew up) that lack pro hockey grew up as Chicago, North Star, or Detroit fans depending on the generation they grew up in.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote