HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Kulemin Rebound?

View Poll Results: Will Kulemin Rebound This Season
Yes 84 77.06%
No 9 8.26%
Too hard to know for sure 16 14.68%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
He's a really good player. I'd say 20-15 if on the third line, 25-25 if on second line.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
KULEMINakajesus

no doubt in my mind, he has a lazer beam shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was raising a new born child last year = lack of sleep, and he lost a lot of people very important in his life.

IMO people need to watch highlights of Kuli back in his younger days playing for russia, the dude has hands... and a lethal shot, watch even the highlights from his 30 goal season, it wasn't a fluke he was shooting that high of a percentage they were snipes.

He's by far my favourite player on the leafs because of his work ethic, willingness to bang, and passion (how he sticks up for grabo etc.).

I'd be devastated if he was traded.

KULEMINakajesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
seventieslord

Kulemin's shots per minute didn't change drastically, meaning that he was about as much of a factor shift-to-shift as he always had been. What did change drastically was his shooting percentage. He went from 17.3% to 6.5%. One was unsustainably high, the other was horrible luck.

With the likelihood of slight improvement due to age taken into consideration, Kulemin should be good for about .12 shots per minute and about a 12% shooting percentage.

With the following assumptions:

- 82 games
- same TOI as last year
- same proportion of PP time to ES time as last year

he "should" be good for 18 goals. With a big margin of error on that number, of course, which is why in his young career he has already had totals of 30 and 7.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Kulemin's shots per minute didn't change drastically, meaning that he was about as much of a factor shift-to-shift as he always had been. What did change drastically was his shooting percentage. He went from 17.3% to 6.5%. One was unsustainably high, the other was horrible luck.

With the likelihood of slight improvement due to age taken into consideration, Kulemin should be good for about .12 shots per minute and about a 12% shooting percentage.

With the following assumptions:

- 82 games
- same TOI as last year
- same proportion of PP time to ES time as last year

he "should" be good for 18 goals. With a big margin of error on that number, of course, which is why in his young career he has already had totals of 30 and 7.
Tl;dr, what has already been said in this thread that he should be around 20 goals give or take a couple.

07-30-2012, 01:35 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

If Kule is used in a checking role, a 15-20 goal season would be a great season for us and him.

I hesitate measuring this player in the all too easy HF boards way of goals and assists. He should be recognized as a player that brings other positive traits to a team, his job is not to solely provide secondary scoring. That's the difference between him and 50 pts guys Semin and Grabo.

Its important to make this distinction if one wants to be fair.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
T M L
T.O

Sure hope so. The Leafs really need Kulemin to come back and score more 30 goal seasons.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Polo*

21 goals 36 assists

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
TheGreatOne11

When I say rebound I mean 45-50 points, 25 goals, This i believe very much, he is a good player and under Carlyle I think he'll do great.

Side note- I also expect good things from Kadri this year, if he gets top 6 minutes or 3rd and PP time I think this will be his year I honestly think he'll come close to 50pts

TheGreatOne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Sure hope so. The Leafs really need Kulemin to come back and score more 30 goal seasons.
I wish Leafs fans wouldn't be so obsessed in pretty stats, ie. 30 goal seasons that lead to missing the playoffs.

Stronger 2 way play is harder to measure for some, but this is what is needed. Not flashy Semin like stats when he was atleast better than the 21 goals he put up last year.

The LA Kings won the cup without 1, 30 goal scorer last year in their line up. They were the best defensive team in the NHL.

The Bruins had 1, 30 goal scorer the year they won the cup, Milan Lucic, which 7 of those goals came into an empty net.

The Bruins had the 2nd best GA average that year.

So let's stop focusing on Wilson, Semin like run and gun stats padding as the goal here. Personally I have had enough of pretty stats that lead to nothing the past 4 years.

Stronger 2 way play is what is needed. Looking good statistically and missing the playoffs are for losers.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 04:09 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
The Leafs were 10 th overall in the NHL for goals, and this is including Kulemins season of 7. As nice as it will be when Kulemin turns things around, the Leafs dont need more goals, they need to stop them. Why all this this talk of need on offence is not the issue. Do you seriously watch the Leafs all last year? Honest question.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:39 AM
AvroArrow

Yes, im expecting 20+ goals from him this season..hopefully around 25. He had some really good chances this year, unfortunate bounces. A lot of shots just wide by inches, or off the post.

AvroArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:27 AM
HellasLEAF
Coach Babcock :D

I think Kuley will remind us why we were so high on him at the end of the season previous.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:28 AM
slozo

He was snake-bit to begin the season for sure, and he did not seem to have quite the same jump, many guessing that the tragedy in Russia was weighing heavily on his mind.

I predict he jumps between 2nd and 3rd line, but Carlyle does play his 3rd line quite a bit under perfect circumstances (he has the lineup for it, that is). His play was nothing special under Carlyle for those 6 or 7 games, and then he got injured . . . but, he is the kind of player that should fit his system very well.

I say statistically Kulemin rebounds to what will become his average yearly numbers:
23 goals, 25 assists, 48 points. And solid defensively.

slozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:12 AM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
I think he can get back to 40 points, maybe more.
this...the guy has played in four full NHL seasons and the fans all pick his 30 goal campaign as his standard. Kulemin will be hard-pressed to hit 30 goals again, IMO.....especially playing in a 3rd line role.....which is where he just may end up next season. The guy plays a good two way game and as this post suggests, probably a 40 point player who will get you 17-20 goals.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:16 AM
caribouPINE

vCash: 356
I think it's concensus he isn't nearly as good as the 30 goal scorer we saw two years ago, but not nearly as bad as the 7 goal guy last year.

He will fall into the 15-20 goal range. I'd say 18 goals is a reasonable projection.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote