Notices

zino w/rolston- why not?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 11:33 AM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
zino w/rolston- why not?

time to bump zamuner off line 3 and insert mr. zinovjev. while i really like zinovjev as a center, i think he can make this line somewhat dangerous again. what say ye??

Old
12-01-2003, 12:05 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
time to bump zamuner off line 3 and insert mr. zinovjev. while i really like zinovjev as a center, i think he can make this line somewhat dangerous again. what say ye??
I agree- with Rolston and Axelssont two strong defensive forwards with speed to burn this would be 'another' line to watch. this would cause Ax to play off wing though- I say make Zino the RW ala Sammy.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Don Cherry*

Yeah, I'd sure like to shell out cash to watch "Axie" (snicker) and Zzzzinovjev. What excitement that dynamic duo would generate! I've simply got to get high def. if that pairing ever becomes a reality!

Old
12-01-2003, 12:32 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Yeah, I'd sure like to shell out cash to watch "Axie" (snicker) and Zzzzinovjev. What excitement that dynamic duo would generate! I've simply got to get high def. if that pairing ever becomes a reality!
certainly not as exciting as oliwa and myhres

Old
12-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
certainly not as exciting as oliwa and myhres
Where in this thread were Oliwa/Myhres mentioned? I thought we were talking about Axie and Zzzzzzzinovjev.

Old
12-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
Quote:
Where in this thread were Oliwa/Myhres mentioned? I thought we were talking about Axie and Zzzzzzzinovjev.
I think Don Cherry has his pink tie on too tight!

Old
12-01-2003, 07:04 PM
BruinsCupNow

I have watched Zino enough now to arrive at two opinions:

(1) He is VERY talented...and has a chance to be a really good player.

(2) Right now...he is nowhere close to being an NHL forward. He doesn't "get" the N. American game; he holds on to the puck too long; he gets outmuscled too easily. He has great skills...and is responsible defensively too...but I think at this point in time, he hurts the B's more than he helps them. And I don't think he has shown enough to merit being moved back up onto the top 3 lines.

Does this mean he should be off the team? Not necessarily. But I'm convinced he'd develop much more quickly if he were playing 20 minutes a game in Providence. I can only assume that it's true he would pick up his sticks and go back to Russia if he got sent down. I hope the way the Bruins employ him now doesn't hinder his long-term improvement.

--BCN

Old
12-01-2003, 08:11 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCupNow

(2) Right now...he is nowhere close to being an NHL forward. He doesn't "get" the N. American game; he holds on to the puck too long; he gets outmuscled too easily. He has great skills...and is responsible defensively too...but I think at this point in time, he hurts the B's more than he helps them. And I don't think he has shown enough to merit being moved back up onto the top 3 lines.

Does this mean he should be off the team? Not necessarily. But I'm convinced he'd develop much more quickly if he were playing 20 minutes a game in Providence. I can only assume that it's true he would pick up his sticks and go back to Russia if he got sent down. I hope the way the Bruins employ him now doesn't hinder his long-term improvement.

--BCN
You must have missed the recent game against St. Louis. Zino played great. He was one of the better Bruins players that night.

The Bruins need to move or sit Zamuner and let Zino play regular. Zino has a positive plus/minus. He doesn't hurt the team defensively and he clearly has more upside than some of these older vets that Sullivan insists on playing. It's already been rumored that the Bruins are looking to move Zamuner.

If Zino isn't playing in Boston then he'd obviously benefit from playing in Providence, but that won't happen because his contract gives him the right to return to Russia if he doesn't make the parent club's roster. (And he makes something like four times as much money playing in Russia than he would playing in the minors here.)

Old
12-02-2003, 04:34 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Can someone wake me up when he gets a new act?

Old
12-02-2003, 04:38 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCupNow

--BCN
I could not disagree more. Sergei Zinovjev has shown me game after game that he is very qualified to be an NHLer. He has the skills, he works hard, he is defensively aware, and has great wheels. That being said I think he is being brought along just fine. You dont go trading proven veterans like Zamuner and sacrifice depth because everyone wants to see their favorite new Russian play 5 more shifts a game.

This is not about one or two players, this is about what is best for the Bruins. You keep these players unless a trade helps you better this team NOW. We have been fortunate to not have many injuries lately. If and when we do we will be fortunate to have the depth at forward we have.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:55 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I could not disagree more. Sergei Zinovjev has shown me game after game that he is very qualified to be an NHLer. He has the skills, he works hard, he is defensively aware, and has great wheels. That being said I think he is being brought along just fine. You dont go trading proven veterans like Zamuner and sacrifice depth because everyone wants to see their favorite new Russian play 5 more shifts a game.

This is not about one or two players, this is about what is best for the Bruins. You keep these players unless a trade helps you better this team NOW. We have been fortunate to not have many injuries lately. If and when we do we will be fortunate to have the depth at forward we have.
Okay, I'll retract my Zamuner trade request, but since we already know what Zamuner can do, let's park him in the press box awhile and let Zino get a regular shift -including penalty killing. 'Old man' Zamuner can get some rest, but remain available if needed...

Closed Thread