HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this our roster going into the season?

Old
07-31-2012, 03:06 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I've obviously seen that game

The Boston one is the only one I could find to download.
That was the game Leino looked like a ****ing hockey player!! (the VAN game)...with the two early goals. I also remember being aggravated by Kassian's assist followed up with a goal.

We won, though (duh?) and I'd like to be able to say in three years that we won the CoHo/BZK swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Watches that 6-5 april game against the leafs today. Gave me shivers. Such an awesome game
The Foligno schooling of Komisarek was one of my top three blue and gold 2011-12 moments

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Imlach a cup

March 23 v the Rangers has been my favorite. 4-1 FES had 3 of um. Good goaltending battle early then Stafford and Ennis took over. They potted pucks against both the Rangers top pairings. Great game beginning to end.

The full Leafs game is available on YouTube. On my cell or I'd post a link. Leafs announcers which I like because you can listen to the life drain from their voices as the Sabre steadily make the comeback.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:57 AM
burner087

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Watches that 6-5 april game against the leafs today. Gave me shivers. Such an awesome game
Yeah I re-watched that game last night. That was an awesome game. great comeback.

burner087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
March 23 v the Rangers has been my favorite. 4-1 FES had 3 of um. Good goaltending battle early then Stafford and Ennis took over. They potted pucks against both the Rangers top pairings. Great game beginning to end.

The full Leafs game is available on YouTube. On my cell or I'd post a link. Leafs announcers which I like because you can listen to the life drain from their voices as the Sabre steadily make the comeback.
Was it on Hockey Night in Canada? I love listening to the dissappointment in Craig Simpson's voice.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Was it on Hockey Night in Canada? I love listening to the dissappointment in Craig Simpson's voice.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
RWatson29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i06FEBG7H5s

RWatson29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:35 PM
OkimLom

Quote:

but, but, but...the FES line gets sheltered minutes.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Ah Yes, The Night Marcus Foligno became a household name in Buffalo.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:04 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Just went back and re-watched that game this morning. Things I noticed/liked: 1) Hodgson was actually very good on the PK in that game. He got his stick in a lot of passing lanes, and hustled back to create a couple SH chances. 2) Christian Ehrhoff is pretty darn good in his own end..Probably saved Buffalo 2 goals -- the first checking Gaborik on what would've been a tap-in and the second getting his skate to the post to make a save when Miller was out of the net. 3) Marcus Foligno is a beast on the backcheck. Had 2 assists both from breaking up plays and then finding Ennis streaking with Staff. 4) Tropp made himself really noticeable that game/was creating a good amount of quality chances.

All-around, just a good game for Buffalo. Hope to see a bunch more like that in 12-13.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Ah Yes, The Night Marcus Foligno became a household name in Buffalo.
we all pretty much anointed him protector of the realm that night

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
but, but, but...the FES line gets sheltered minutes.
Yes, they were sheltered from defensive stalwart Mirian Gaborik and got easy ice time against fringe NHLers like Staal, Girardi, Callahan, and Boyle.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Ugh, the play by play guy's voice is so annoying.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
The first full season for the Buffalo Sabres with owner Terry Pegula began with high expectations after a busy offseason. A concussion for goaltender Ryan Miller didn't help, but several players had subpar offensive seasons and a team that was supposed to be among the elite in the Eastern Conference struggled for much of the campaign.

There was a late surge, and the Sabres nearly squeaked into the Stanley Cup Playoffs (they finished in ninth place, three points from eighth). But Buffalo was one of the biggest disappointments in 2011-12, and general manager Darcy Regier made some alterations this offseason.
Quote:
Here's what the Sabres' lineup could look like on opening night:

Forwards
Thomas Vanek - Cody Hodgson - Jason Pominville
Marcus Foligno - Tyler Ennis - Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe - Steve Ott - Ville Leino
Corey Tropp - Matt Ellis - Cody McCormick

John Scott

Defensemen
Jordan Leopold - Tyler Myers
Christian Ehrhoff - Robyn Regehr
Andrej Sekera - Mike Weber

Adam Pardy

Goaltenders
Ryan Miller
Jhonas Enroth
Quote:
Luke Adam was centering the "top" line early last season before being demoted; he could work his way back into a top-nine role with a strong camp. Much was made of the Scott addition, but it is hard to see him playing regularly without some injuries given the depth both up front and on the blue line.
Quote:
Buffalo has eight defensemen on one-way contracts plus promising Brayden McNabb and T.J. Brennan. Alexander Sulzer could end up in a battle with Pardy for a roster spot, especially if the team keeps a traditional 13th forward.
Quote:
Under-valued: Tyler Ennis - Finished last season with 15 goals and 34 points in just 48 games and came on extremely strong at end of season with eight goals and 19 points in final 14 contests -- could break out with over 60 points.
Quote:
Over-valued: Jason Pominville - Posted just 52 points in 2010-11 before erupting for 30 goals and 73 points last season. Despite solid point production and shot total (235 SOG), his minus-7 and 12 PIMs didn't help fantasy owners.
Quote:
Sleeper: Cody Hodgson - Appeared to have a bright future with Canucks, but was stunningly traded to Buffalo where he struggled with just eight points and a minus-7 in 20 games. Expect a major bump in production as he'll likely start the season as the Sabres' No. 1 center.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=638808

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote